Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Don't Lose That Number (Hat + Candy)

Hat-tori

Supernova
William smiled as he set down the last of his chairs. There. He was officially moved in. Everything was set up in the house and ready to go. He sat down with a smile and stretched. His body was muscular, one that had rode through a few years of high school in sports. His body was tanned, all over - he knew a few hidden beaches and liked to spend time alone there. His eyes were a very bright green, like emeralds. His hair, he kept short - not much point in keeping it long, he thought.

His clothing was simple - elementary. enough blue jeans to clothe an army, and tees to cover the whole rainbow. The tees were a little tight on his upper body, but he didn't mind. He stood, it was time to check out the area. There was a Starbucks he passed - he wanted to have something to drink while he thought, so he pulled in and walked up to the counter to order.

And then his jaw hit the floor.

Another day, another dollar, Hailey thought, looking at her finger tips. "Here is your Vanilla Bean Hailey. Hope you aren't working yourself too hard." The short brunette snickered and shook her head, shifting her weight onto her other foot. "Hey Hailey, some guys is totally staring at you?" Hailey snickered, pushing up her glasses. "Yeah sure, whatever you say?" The brunette turned around and blinked, he looked familiar.
"William? Will? Is that you?" She blinked, stepping away from the counter. "My old highschool flame, is that really you?"

William lifted a finger and opened his mouth, but words failed to rise. She'd grown a little since junior year when he'd been forced to move away by rather callous parents. Those eyes, which, oftentimes, he'd stare into until falling asleep when he had her over, hadn't ever changed.

"I." he managed, then ran out of words. He hadn't been expecting this! "I, uh. Apple. Apple Caramel Spice. M-medium." he said, looking out the glass windows to the road as he scratched the back of his head. Get the drink, then run. She must have at least an hour on her shift, right?

She watched him for a long moment. He seemed to struggle with his words. Was it really that hard to say hello to an old flame, or had he forgotten her, or even better yet, was this not the boy she had once loved who had moved and took a piece of her heart?

When he finally managed a word, she blinked and shook her head slowly, waiting for more to come out of his mouth. His order was the next thing that came out. How anticlimactic, she thought bitterly. Apparently this was not the guy she had fallen for so many years ago. With a soft sigh, she shrugged and blushed, "Sorry about that sir, you just looked like someone I use to know." She admitted to him sheepishly.

With that she turned and started on her way out of the coffee shop, leaving the waitress to shake her head and fix his drink. When Hailey exited the building, she started on her way home, her small little house that she had bought with a little help from her parents. It was small, but she had dressed it up really cute, a garden, fresh paint, and a big black Shiloh Shepard named Beast. As she walked, she thought more about the boy. He had to have been William, there was no one else that had even been so sexy. Ever. But obviously it wasn't, it made Hailey's heart sank just a little.

And so Billy went back home, leaning onto the couch as he drank in thought. How could he have choked up like that!? Stupid. So stupid. He paced the house, and it bothered him. he'd never had such an issue. He'd dated at least four girls between his and Hailey's forced breakup.

I'm sorry. I don't think I can wait.

Stupid! Those four dates never even touched first base. None of them compared to her. Why did he say those awful, painful things. Watching her heart fall apart like that... did he even deserve her any

I wish there was another way, Hailey, but there isn't.

He knuckled his forehead, looking at his cell. He'd never gotten around to deleting her contact number...

No. He'd go to a different Starbucks. He'd avoid her. She didn't need to be reminded of him... And he walked to the window that gave him a view of the street and saw her, again.

Blinds! Where were the blinds! Curtains! Oh god, if she saw him here...

As she walked, lost in thought, out of the corner of her eyes, she saw a sudden movement and blinds falling down. Strange, she thought to herself, sipping at her vanilla bean. Maybe there was someone in that house that should not have been?
The house next to her's had been empty for a year or so now, it was strange that the 'For Sale' sign still hung up in the driveway, and yet there was movement inside. With a determined smiled, she made her way up to the door.

Lifting her fist, she wrapped against the door, "Excuse me but is someone in there? I don't know if you are aware of this but you aren't suppose to be there. If you don't answer, I'm gonna call the cops and tell them someone is trespassing. I would open the door mighty quick if I were you." She threatened, taking her slider phone out of her pocked and clicking down on 9 1 1.

"Dude, I've got it dialed, don't think that I won't call." Who in the world was in the house anyway? They seemed like they certainly didn't want anyone seeing, maybe the person was a robber. But really, in a vacant house, what was there to steal?

Aaaugh! Well, that just figured, didn't it. He pulled open the door and sighed.
"You might as well come in." he said simply. Of course, he could have just let everything sort itself out - he had the deed inside, and he was going to take down the sign tomorrow. The house wasn't vacant anymore, really - all the furniture was set up. It looked pretty spartan, though, in a good way. Minimalist. It felt roomy, like he enjoyed it. Boxes sat unopened as of yet.

As soon as she was inside - if she opted for it - he'd shut the door behind her, silently walking to the kitchen.

Hailey blinked, "You're the guy from earlier, the guy that I thought was an old flame who just turned out to be Mister Stutters. Right?" Stepping into the house, she sighed. She had always wanted this house, always loved the old world feel about it, the large space, the unkept garden. Oh the things she could do to this house. But that didn't matter at that moment, what did matter was that this stranger, who reminded her so much of William, had let her in.

When he had shut the door behind her, she peered around the space, empty and full boxes were against the wall. So he was moving in? "So what is your name hm? Or was I right when I thought that you were Will. Ya know you don't have to worry about me freaking out, if you want me to, I'll just leave you be. And if you're worried about me being mad at you for breaking my heart, I was never mad....just heart broken." She followed him into the kitchen and looked about.

"I thought you had moved to L.A or something like that, got some hot blond with fake boobs and all. Shows what I know huh?"She laughed at herself for thinking such a ridiculous thing.

He could only take so much before he slammed his hand on the counter, producing a very loud bang.
"I know that I screwed up. You don't have to rub it in my face, Hailey." he said roughly. "I just... wasn't sure what to say, okay? It was stunned." he shook his head. "It's almost dinnertime. Do you want something to eat?"

When he slammed his hands down, Hailey watched, motionless. She didn't jump, didn't move in fact, she just stood there, eyes glassy. "Look there is no need to freak out. I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings or bother you, in fact as I said before, I forgave you forever ago. What's done is done, you moved on and so did I. End of story. Yeah I will admit seeing it end so quickly kinda sucks but well... nothing we can do about it now right." She shrugged, making her way over to the sink.

"Not really sure if I'm hungry or not, if you'd like you can come over to my place and have dinner. I won't burn it, in fact it will be the best dinner you've had since you were here. Consider it a welcome to the neighborhood dinner. What do you say." She knew it was William, she knew his face, better than any face that she had seen before. He was different than most, William was handsome, strong and gentle. From what remembered of when they were dating, he had been her first.

He took her V card, and not once did he ever flaunt it in front of his friends, rather he seemed to have treasured it. When he had left, had broken her heart, she regretted giving him that. Now that he was back, something inside of her told her that she wanted to try again. But would he run away like he had before? Only this time, would he be willing to run away?

"Sorry. I'm a little... sensitive." Maybe you forgive me. Do I forgive myself? "Sure. A good meal is always nice." he said with a smile. "Just for the record, no blondes. No fake boobs, either. And for the love of all that's good, no Vegas." he puckered his mouth in disgust. Definitely so on all counts. Why hadn't he told her why he left - why did he just... leave? Was it that he was afraid to give her false hope?

Still, if she lead, he'd follow. "Er, would you like some whiskey? Scotch? I just unpacked my liqueur cabinet..."

"I figured, don't worry about it." Turning towards the door before he started talking about no blonds, fake boobs or Vegas. Least one thing had stayed the same, " Well then it's settled, you come over to my place, I cook you an amazing dinner and we talk." Making her way towards the door, she looked back at him and smiled, "Only if you want to get me drunk, strange things happen when I'm drunk." She admitted to him, what she didn't omit was the fact that she turned into an major whore when drunk.

If her old flame was back, and he got her drunk, she would want to have sex with him, and the question was, would he want to have sex with her or not?

He took the alcohol with him. If she asked for it, no worries there. He followed her to her home, on;y to realize. "No shit, you live next door?" he laughed. "Wow, and here I thought I might be able to avoid you, before."

Back
Top Bottom