Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Space based interest check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo Var

Supernova
Well hello to anyone looking at this. Right now I am looking to see if anyone is interested in this idea. If I get a few people interested in this idea I will come up with more of a plot for it. I would also like to have a another person GM this with me if it gets enough interest.

So my idea is that a ship that was on a deep space mission gets nudged off course by some unforeseen force and because of some damage that the ship’s computer sustained the computer does not wake the crew from reapher sleep (hypersleep). The ship wakes the crew up when it can’t fix the next issue which is that was programmed in before the crew went into reapher sleep.

When the crew wakes up they find that the engine and most of the other key systems are is offline and in need of repairs from damage sustained by passing to close to a pulsar that they are now orbiting. When they are able to get most of the systems running they find out that the ship’s computer had put them into orbit around the pulsar but the orbit with a ship between them and the pulsar which is shielding the crew and their ship from the ionized radiation that the pulsar is producing.

Most of the Galaxy is still unexplored and exploration of it has just begun. There is no faster then light travel, ships are able to get close to the speed of light but have never actually broken it yet. No human ships have broken the speed of light anyway, nothing is known about any other races that might be lurking in the stars.

I will be getting a lot of ideas from the works of Alastair Reynolds and his Galactic North stories and Pushing ice among other works of his.

So this is just a rough idea. From this point they could repair their ship and leave maybe to come back later or something abandoned their ship and have to take the one that is shielding them or find away to take both. It will all be up to whoever is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom