Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

||| тнє мιѕfιтѕ ||| тαℓιи, ωαяℓσ¢к & кяуѕ |||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talin

Supernova
Avery straightened her blouse. She’d made all the preparations all she had to do was wait for everyone to show up. She moved down the hall to the bathroom. She splashed water on her face and straightened her long golden brown hair into a smooth high ponytail. The new club she’d named Club Understanding was a unique thing for the school. It was a safe place where the gays, lesbians, friends of the above, and even those confused and questioning could come and just talk. They’d be able to lean on each other. Avery was proud of the choices she’d made in starting this club. She herself wasn’t homosexual or even questioning; she just knew that some were.

Running pale fingers over her khaki skirt she shifted her loafered feet and moved back down the hall to the assigned room, she noticed only one other person and groaned as her twin sister turned around and smirked at her. Light blue eyes took in the oddness that was her sister. “Hello Rylee, Welcome to the first meeting of Club Understanding Can I help you?” She clasped her hands and moistened her lips.

Rylee snorted and fiddled with one of the barbells in her ear. “That is a stupid name for a club Dorko; I swear if we didn’t come out of the same vagina we were adopted.” Ry laughed when her sister cringed at the word vagina. “You are such a virgin!” Rylee perched on top of a desk and lounged there. Ripped jeans rode low on her slim hips; the cropped shirt she wore barely fit and fell off her shoulder exposing tan flesh to the world. Her wildly dyed orange was up in two pigtails with her long bangs tucked behind her hole riddled ears.

Just looking at them no would have figured they were sisters, let alone twins. Rylee was a grade younger than Avery; she slacked off and didn’t give much of a shit. Avery was the princess that could do no wrong and it made Rylee sick to her stomach, but she didn’t mind being the black sheep. She was at this dorky club for her best friend Jessica, she was bisexual, and Rylee didn’t care and loved her either way. She, herself was straight, but wanted to help her best friend. Green eyes moved to the door as new people approached. “Welcome to Club Bad Name, have a seat while Avy gets her shit together.” Sticking her tongue out at her twin she moved to hug Jess who’d just popped in.

“Welcome to Club Understanding, have a seat we’ll get started shortly. I have pamphlets and things up here in the front.” Avery’s blue eyes floated to the clock and she smiled. Ok Miss Class President, you have new members, ignore Ry and keep the smile in place., she thought this to herself as she tugged on her ponytail nervously.

Jessie knew of the new group that had formed. It was the buzz of the school. Some people thought it was a great idea while others where already working out there jokes about it. Jessie had no real interest in going to the group. He certainly didn't want to risk putting himself in a spotlight if people found out he had attended. While he wasn't exactly in the closet so to say he had not done to much to openly talk about or announce his preferences and he preferred keeping it that way.
Curiosity did bring him close enough to the room that the group would gather in. He was wondering who would show up to be in the group just as much as he wanted to see if there was going to be anyone hanging around giving people a hard time that went to the group.
Jessie stood a little further down the hall able to see and hear everything but not close enough to be confused as being someone going to the new group.He leaned back against the lockers and tried to look at least some what cool with the way he was standing there but not to cool he never wanted to draw more attention to himself then needed.

As Jessie watched on a few people headed toward the room the Perkin twins were already there and giving each other a hard time (as was usual) Jessie watched as they went into the room as Jessica had arrived to the room.

Alex was walking up and noticed Jessie leaning against the wall. Oh no Jessie thought to himself. Alex had no problem speaking up and being heard and there was no way he would walk by Jessie without saying something. Jessie's hands were clammy and the balls of sweat were beading up upon his forehead what would he say to Alex if he was asked about why he was standing there. All of Jessie's fears began to fade as Alex gave a simple head nod and a smile to Jessie as he walked by him not a word was spoken between the two and Jessie was very happy for this.

Alex took a quick look at the room and then stepped past it. Jessie was surprised he knew Alex was openly Bi and thought for sure he was going to the groups first meeting but he then thought to himself Alex had no problems with what people thought of him and was rather popular in a strange way.
Alex had a reputation built strong within the school. He had a never say die attitude and NEVER stood down from confrontation. The school had a over popular rap community and Rockers like himself well simply put there just were not many. Maybe 5 or 6 rockers in the building and none quite like Alex. With his leather jacket on and his chain dangled from his black torn jeans with his long hair swaying freely as he walked and the occasional makeup or face paint he would sport (he called it his WAR PAINT) Alex stood out in a instance no matter where he was. Everyone knew that Alex was the type of guy you just didn't mess with as he took no crap from anyone. Alex would never openly admit it but he hated fighting and though his reputation was well known all around the city from the fights he had over the years the truth was Alex had only a hand full of fights with other people so few he could probably count them up on his fingers maybe even just one hand. The fights he had been in had done enough to give him a reputation that left people to afraid to try anything and even when a new student came in and thought it would get them more popular by trying to pick a fight with Alex due to him being different they usually found themselves being warned by everyone around NOT to continue if they knew what was good for them. Jessie looked up to Alex in a lot of ways even though Alex was a year younger then him. Jessie sighed slightly seeing Alex not enter the group as he thought to himself that Alex would be a BIG help to there cause.

The worries that had passed over Jessie would soon return but this time even stronger as something far worse approached, Adrian Levitts could be heard in the distance though Jessie couldn't make out what he was saying he knew it was directed at him and he knew it wasn't going to be good. Even Alex heard it coming and turned back around to see what was coming.

Adrian had just finished up wrestling practice and was heading down the hallway towards the "fag club" as he would put it. He seen Naomi in the distance she had her ipod on like usual blaring that stupid screamo shit. Adrian walked up to her and with one hand pushed her pretty roughly into a locker, "Sup emo, how many cuts are on your arm today"? He snapped meanly. Naomi just looked at him with disgust and sadness spread across her beautiful face. She never bothered anyone but almost everyone seemed to hate her, especially Adrian. Naomi was going towards the classroom that held the meeting for the new group, she was bisexual but never admitted it and she thought that this new group would help her out. As she walked she could hear Adrian following her, he kept calling her filthy names and telling her to cut a little deeper next time.

Naomi had begun to cry, her eyeliner ran down her face, Adrian continued to taunt her and make her feel utterly horrible about herself. "Adrian leave me the fuck alone"! Naomi said as she spun around having heard enough of Adrian's shit. Adrian's face twisted into an evil glare and he stalked towards her, Naomi attempted to run but Adrian grabbed her by the arm, "Ow Adrian what the hell let go of me" ,she screamed, crying even harder scared of what he may do. Adrian pushed Naomi against the wall and raised his hand but it was grabbed by someone. "Who the hell do you think you are"? A guy's voice came from behind Adrian, he let go of Naomi who cowered down and turned around to see who had grabbed him. "Who the hell---" ,Adrian began but stopped when he got a look at the guy. He was tall and built, and he definitely wasn't the typical jock, the guy looked like a biker and Adrian knew he couldn't take him. "Apologize" ,the guy told him a look of pure hatred on his face. Adrian just gave him a look, the guy grabbed the collar of Adrian's shirt and nearly lifted him off the ground, "I said apologize to the girl" ,he said even meaner. Adrian looked over at Naomi, "S-Sorry" ,he stuttered in a scared whimper. Adrian was finally released and he walked of rather quickly hitting lockers on his way down the hall.

Adrian spotted Jessie as he was walking and knew he was an easy target, "What's up fag"? He snapped towards Jessie as he walked up to him. Adrian punched the locker Jessie was leaning against and spit in his face, "You're such a little bitch you know that". Adrian taunted Jessie a little bit, he kept looking down the hall to make sure that new guy wasn't coming.

"Are you okay"? The guy asked Naomi as he reached his hand out to help her up. "I'm Jasper I just transferred here where you heading I'll walk you there". Naomi accepted his offer and grabbed his hand, he pulled her up with ease. "I'm going to a meeting, i-it's a new club for people...." ,Naomi stopped talking she didn't want to say anything about her sexuality especially to someone she had just met. "Oh the support group for gays and lesbians" ,Jasper said smiling. "I'm actually going as well, I'm straight but a few of my friends are gay so I've always supported these types of groups". Naomi smiled a little bit, Jasper looked tough and like he could kill someone with his bare hands but he was a sweetheart.

When they reached the classroom Jasper opened the door for Naomi, after she went inside he noticed two other people standing in the hallway and he held the door open, "You guys coming in"? He asked in his normal friendly tone.

Rylee took her perch back on the desk and sat watching as everyone filtered in. She watched some lurk in the hall and pretend they weren’t coming in or at least weren’t half curious. She’d thought about going out and dragging some in, but that would defeat the purpose. Everyone in this club HAD to WANT to BE here. Secretly she was proud of Avery for putting this together, god forbid she find out. Lord knows Avery was probably doing it because it would look good on her college application. Like hell she’d do it for her closet fag of a boyfriend. The thought of her sister even kissing Adrian made her stomach churn. The man was gay. Gay-er than any boy band wanna-be on ANY singing show EVER. Alex caught her attention as he passed the door; she lifted her hand in a wave. She’d been flirting with him for months; he was either hard headed or NOT interested.

Avery welcomed and greeted like a professional running for president of the USA. Her mannerisms were that of one as well. Secretly she was watching for her boyfriend, Adrian. She’d started this club because of him. Loving him dearly was hard when so many feared him. Boys wanted to be him and girls wanted to date him, therefore hating on her in a way. When they were alone it was bliss, but involve any others and fireworks started going off. He had a thing against those that preferred same sex partners, or proclaimed they did and she HATED intolerance. So she gathered ideas and begged and pleaded with the school board and faculty for over a year. She smiled at Rylee, even if Ry never said a word Avery knew how proud her sister was of her. Blue eyes heard the commotion and jumped

“OH God Avy… tell me you didn’t?” Ry said hearing the commotion down the hall just before Naomi entered. The “New Guy” had already been established as HOT by Rylee and she practically drooled when he walked in the door. Smiling at him Rylee raised a brow, as if to say “fancy meeting YOU here”.

“It doesn’t matter… he didn’t come.” She hissed back before rushing over to Naomi. “Are you alright? What happened to make you cry and what can we do for you?”

“Nay just tell her to shut the FUCK up, since it was probably her asshole that did it, forget a Club understanding…. should have made club what the hell is Adrian’s problem?” A few others in the room nodded in agreement.

Alex had watched the situation in the hallway unfold and felt annoyed at it all. He thought to himself how Jessie really needed to learn to stand up for himself and how he wished someone would knock some sense into Adrian. Truth be told if push came to shove Alex was more then willing to be the one to knock the sense into Adrian if it came to that.

Alex walked over to Jessie and could see that Jessie was a bit shook up. He looked at him and Jessie looked as if he had no clue what to say or do Adrian had scared the crap out of him. Alex knew he had to say something to Jessie he struggled for a moment trying to think of what to say and it came to him "Hey Jess ya alright" yes that was it Alex though to himself just enough of a comment to cool his nerves without saying to much.

Jessie " Yeah . yeah its cool no problem " Jesse tried to speak as cool and seriously as he could he didn't want to seem weak or scared but it was obvious that he was trying far to hard.
Alex " go Jess don't just sit out here acting like you don't want to go in there. " Alex nodded and looked toward the room

Jessie : ah nah man nah i wasn't here for that i just umm" as he stumbled on his words Alex interrupted "yeah sure Jessie sure come on man GO besides hanging around out here is far more noticeable then behind the closed doors and i know your trying not to be noticed so... GO"

Jessie "eh i don't know, there already in there and the door is closed now i don't want all the attention on me walking in i'd rather not."

Alex " Damn it Jess i had plans on practicing some new songs today Hell with it let's do this i know it's going to get me no where talking to you be cool huh walk directly behind me and duck straight in for a seat trust me the attention wont be on you walking in i promise." and paused for a moment to look at Jessie to see if it looked like he was getting everything he was saying to him and then he continued " you owe me..BIG TIME!"

Alex turned towards the door and walked towards it Jessie did as he was told and walked close behind him as Alex opened the door and walked in Jessie was quick to close the door behind himself and head for a chair but it didn't matter Alex was taking all the attention on himself like he said he would and when Alex wanted the attention of a room he knew how to grab it. his jacket flared up a bit as he raised his arm and ran his hand through his hair and in a nice loud Rock and roll voice demanded the attention of EVERY living creature within hearing distance " GOOOD FUCKIN MORNIN LADIES AND GENTS . HOW THE HELL WE ALL DOING IN HERE , "

Jessica looked up from her where she was sitting either shocked by the sudden noise or that it was coming from Alex she hadn't thought he would come here. she spoke softly " Um it's not morning Alex" she let out a soft laugh but quickly looked back down.

Alex " It's Always morning to me don't ya know that"

Jessica with little more nerve in her backbone looked up and joked back "is that cuz ya sleep all freakin day"

Alex" oh come on low blow , no way it's because Mornings are the start of something new something growing and bright ready to start a day of adventures so if it is always morning then it is always a good reason to be ready for ANYTHING that comes your way and able to create and be one with everything around you"

Jessie laughed he had heard Alex tell a different tale of why he always says good morning to people at all times of the day to many times in the past and knows that each time his reason is completely different but it was funny to him none the less. Jessica snickered just a little at the explanation herself.

Who knows if anyone else in the room was aware of what had just occurred but to Alex he did his part he took a seat pulled out a notebook and began to work on lyrics for a new song. Jessie felt comfortable he knew the eyes of the room had to have been on Alex with that grand entrance so he had figured he slid in unnoticed. For a brief moment he worried that Alex's loud entrance may have drawn attention to people outside the room to look in but when he peeked out the window of the door and seen no one looking in the feeling passed and he relaxed.

Jasper took off his jacket and sat down, he went to sit down and heard the door open which made him turn his head. He gave the guy a weird look after he yelled. When he heard Jessica mention his name he introduced himself, Alex seemed like someone who was right up his alley. Naomi jumped a little bit when Alex yelled, she was always timid and got shook up easily. She sat there and chewed on her nails like she usually did, peeling the black paint off of them. Adrian had really scared her today she usually got picked on by him but today was different he had never gotten physical before.

Adrian had left everyone be for the day and was most likely going to get drunk with his friends so Naomi wasn't too concerned about the walk home. Naomi wasn't one to usually talk, she sat there quietly and didn't really introduce herself to anyone. She bit on her bottom lip nervously as everyone started to take their seats. Jasper was very outgoing and introduced himself to everyone almost as soon as he got into the room. He noticed Naomi was still upset so he pulled a pen out of his pocket and grabbed a piece of paper off the shelf behind him and drew a picture of a weird looking rabbit and wrote underneath "Don't worry be hoppy". Jasper could be a dork at points but he didn't care when he noticed someone upset he always tried to help. He folded up the picture and handed it to Naomi. She opened it up and let out a loud laugh, she quickly covered her mouth and her face turned red with embarrassment, "Sorry guys" ,she said in almost a whisper. Jasper smiled when he heard Naomi laugh, "Mission Accomplished" ,he said out loud which made Naomi giggle again. "Stop it" ,she said quietly shoving him playfully. Even though she just met him she was starting to like him, Naomi didn't like him like him but she thought he was a good friend.

The two sat and waited for the group to start, Jasper noticed Alex was writing something down, "So what you writing if you don't mind me asking"? He asked.

Rylee was used to being ignored, and at home compared… why can’t you be more like Avery? It was the same question almost daily for the past two years, since she slacked off so bad that Avery passed her…. academically. Socially Rylee had been on the scene since she was 14. That was what made the whole Adrian thing soooo bad. Narrowing her eyes at the door if that ass even tried showing his face Rylee would drag him to the hall; he wasn’t going to ruin it for her. Clearing her throat after Alex’s outburst she smiled and nodded to Avery before slowly slipping down into a seat next to Jess. It was a nice thing he’d done for Jesse, nothing passed her by.

Avery was near melt down; she turned her back to the crowd. Utter failure, even when trying to do something nice. People were cruel, even her OWN sister had gone with the “in” crowd. She rubbed slim fingers at her temples and dried her eyes. She heard Rylee clear her throat and turned a fleeting blue gaze her way, it was then she realized everyone had settled. Biting her lip she put on her best smile and turned to face them all. “Hi welcome to Club Understanding, I’m Avery Perkins. I thought forming this club would help with intolerance and help everyone get along better.”

She paused to take a breath and let things sink in. “Everyone in this room, should want to be here… if that is not the case then please leave. Get up and walk out.” Her blue eyes met each of their gazes, some looked away and some held it. She avoided Rylee’s. No one left, “Good now that I know that everyone here means business, let’s start off with questions…. does anyone have one or two?”

There was a bit of commotion going on in the room As Jasper asked the question of what Alex was doing Alex barely looking up for even a moment replied "ah just working on some lyrics i Should be off practicing a few songs we already have written down but i seem to have found my way here so here's to life experiences lets see if it's worth the time or not."

as things began to quite down Jessie slumped down just slightly in his chair he had been the center of attention enough for the day he didn't want to get brought back to the spotlight anymore he had a feeling he made a mistake of picking a seat up front but then let it slip his mind this was a student created group not math class being in front shouldn't be to much of a issue.

once things came to be silent and Avery turned around to speak Alex didn't bother to look up. Not for a single moment. was he even paying any attention to what was going on around him?
Sitting just a few seats over Jessica was intently hanging on every word,
she had come to the meeting with strong hopes that this group could really make a change. Unfortunately when Avery got to asking if anyone had any questions Jessica had no idea what to say. That feeling seemed to work it's way around the whole room. Jessie had seen how Avery and Rylee both looked a little frustrated off the start of the meeting and he wanted desperately to say something ANYTHING just so they would know that people cared and were listening. But he couldn't do it he just slumped a little further down in his seat.

Alex continued to Write in his notebook but he began to speak much slower and softer then he had when he made his grand entrance " So what's the game plan here. what kind of idea's have you formulated to try and fix a problem that has been wide spread and continual throughout all time. As long as people have walked this earth there has been judging or fearing of the unknown or the different and that has gone on and on and on. SO i ask what is your plan and what are your goals. are you looking to end the problems of the world all together or just trying to touch on a small scale of fixing the small things that you can and accepting some things are beyond your reach. And what are the fliers and pamphlets you have up there ya may want to hand those out for starters. "

Though his words could seem cold he really spoke them in a way that sounded as if there was caring in his voice it was hard to determine if he was being critical of the group or supportive . For just a moment he stopped writing in his notebook as he finished speaking and he looked up at Avery and shot her a short smile and then went back to looking at his notebook.

Jessica " those are all good questions i guess"
she had begun to talk before really thinking out anything to say she realized once she finished that she probably could have said nothing and still gave more input into the subject then the simple line that had fallen from her mouth so clumsily.

Alex took another look around the room his eyes caught those of Rylee and gave a little smile and a quick hello hand gesture . He had noticed the wave she attempted to send his way when he had walked by her when she was in the doorway he had just pretended not to notice at that time he was trying to avoid getting dragged into this group, but now that he was here anyway he figured there was no harm in giving her a little attention. He looked back down at his notebook before waiting to see a reaction.

Jasper sat back and stayed quiet as the others spoke, when Alex mentioned the flyers he looked to the area where they were, "I can hand those out I'd be more then happy to" ,he said with a smile. Jasper never cared what people thought about him, in his old school almost everyone thought he was gay because he helped out with the support groups, he never got heat for it from anyone but he had heard people talking about him. Jasper pulled a pack of gum out of his pocket and opened a piece then popped it into his mouth. When Alex had finished what he was saying Jasper looked at him, "I say we look at the small picture first I mean we're only a group of what 7 high school students, the first step is recruiting people" ,Jasper said he looked at both Jesse and Naomi, "And none of us can be scared of what anyone thinks because if you're not open about who you really are then other people will care less about how you feel, if you're insecure about yourself for being gay or bisexual then how do you expect to make a change, there will always be people that will trash you and fuck with you and it sucks ok but you need to be proud of who you are fuck the haters, if we want to make other students that are gay or bisexual feel more comfortable then you have to be open and comfortable with who you are or we won't get another ass in any of these seats" ,Jasper thought he sounded like an infomercial but he wanted to get a point across, he knew how bad people in the gay community were treated he had witnessed it first hand and it disgusted him.

Naomi looked at Jasper as he spoke she stayed quiet as usual. She didn't speak up at all, she knew that what Jasper was saying was mainly directed towards her and Jessie because they were both very shy and didn't really admit they were bisexual. Naomi went back to biting her nails and peeling the nail polish off. Jasper looked up at Avery, "So as Alex asked before what are your intentions for this group? What do you want to accomplish? Once we figure that out then we can make a game plan" ,Jasper said. "And I'd be more then willing to do whatever is needed to help out" ,he continued. Jasper leaned back and put his hands behind his head and his feet on the desk. He looked over at Rylee, "So did you have a hand in starting this group or did Avery come up with the idea? Either way it's a brilliant idea" ,Jasper said trying to keep the conversation going and get everybody to talk.

Naomi looked over at Jessie and Alex then over to Jessica, then her gaze slowly made it to Avery and Rylee, "I-I'd be willing to help out as well, I mean that's what we're all here for right"? Naomi said nervously. Her cheeks turned red and she bit her bottom lip, she was a nervous wreck and it showed.

Avery stood in stunned silence, he’d put her on the spot. Had no one been paying attention to what she said as she greeted them at the door? She felt like crying and his smile wasn’t the least bit reassuring. the other guy rambled on, his words were helpful thought he sounded more like he wanted to stir the pot than simmer the contents. She looked at Rylee, the pathetic gin on her face was her plea of help. she needed a second in command and Ry was her go getter.

Rylee hated seeing her struggle like this; though she didn’t want to she knew how to get attention. “Listen up! She offered everyone pamphlets as they came in, not you Alex with your grand entrance, but still. As far as a game plan I’ll leave that to Avy. No, I didn’t start this group, but I heard her damn speech enough to know that she wants to make changes here starting in this room.” Rylee smiled and crossed her arms as she stood next to her twin, if anyone said anything she was kicking their ass. “Avy and I aren’t gay or even bi… so we only know how it is to be on the outside, but since some of YOU are, we’ll need your help.” Rylee shook her head at Alex, and smiled as she took her place on the desk next to her sister. “Tell them Avery.”

Avery had never been so flustered, she’d given candidacy speeches and debated the best. But here, where she wasn’t an expert she had to revert and allow Ry to do some of the talking. “I thought maybe we could offer one another support and talk things out about HOW to make changes. Support as in a shoulder to cry on and possibly come up with some solutions for those problems.” She looked around, blue eyes scanning and falling on each, whether or not they looked away was their own issue. “As far as goals I wasn’t sure what you all would want so I figured we could kind of, maybe, work on those together?”

Alex grabbed the reading materials that where available and put them down on top of his notebook, he shifted his notebook to the side slightly so he could look back and forth between the 2 things. He jotted down a line here and there on his notebook and then would read through some more of the pamphlet. Still not ever looking up but truth was Alex was always like this and it was nothing personal against anyone and though it seemed he was paying little attention to what was going on around him anyone who knew him good enough knew that he was ALWAYS aware of his surroundings in a eerily strange way some would say.

Jesse flip back and forth in the pamphlet and back to looking up at Avery and her sister he didn't know which way to look. He felt if he only looked at the pamphlet he would be considered rude for not paying attention to what was being said by the girls but at the same time what if they got mad at him for not looking at the pamphlets the worked so hard to gather up and bring to the group. He let out a deep breath and a slight concerned sigh, He hadn't meant to it just slide out . Jessica looked over at him for a second he felt embarrassed and quickly looked back down at the pamphlet. Thinking to himself "what am i doing i have to calm down before everyone is looking at me..maybe i shouldn't have come to this meeting.."

Alex peeked up a few more times he was trying to sneak a glimpse at what Rylee was doing. He wasn't sure what it was but he had got the feeling she had been paying a little bit more attention then usual lately and was trying to make sense of the situation.

Jessica looked to the front again slightly more energy in her voice this time speaking but still with a soft tone " So Avery how should we start off from here. I think this group is a great idea. Doesn't everyone else? "

Alex " actually yeah i do ." Again Alex only gazed up for a moment His mind was fully focused on the meeting of the group for the most part but he couldn't let ideas for lyrics slip away without getting jotted down, he was always like this afraid that if he didn't write things down that came to his mind right away they would be lost forever. It wasn't just with Lyrics but with everything in his life. Alex probably had at least a dozen notebooks just in one box filled with doodles and thoughts.
He sits back silently waiting to hear everyone else s thoughts and ideas.

Jasper looked over at Jessica, "Well I've said my piece I'll start to think up ideas and stuff while we're here and when I get home I think everyone should do the same, we'll get farther that way" ,he said. His tone was a bit quieter then it usually was, he didn't like the way Rylee had snapped but he wasn't going to say anything, she was a pretty nice girl for the most part from what he had seen so far and she was right with what she had said but he just didn't like getting yelled at. Naomi kept glancing over to Jessica then back up to the group leaders she sunk back after Rylee's burst it made her feel bad she was so caught up with nerves when she had come in she didn't even notice anything. She started to bite at her nails again too nervous to talk.

Adrian was with a few of his friends drinking, "So my girl is sitting around with a bunch of fags and dykes right now instead of spending time with me, it's such bullshit" ,Adrian slurred leaning up against his car. His friends said nothing, they usually didn't when Adrian got drunk and complained about Avery. Adrian walked over to the side of the building they were parked at and unzipped his pants and took a piss, the owner seen him from inside and came out to yell at him, "Hey get the fuck off of my property" ,the old man yelled. Adrian turned around after zipping his pants back up, "Hey fuck you ya old fuck go back inside asshole" ,Adrian and the owner of the place argued for a while before the owner threatened to call the police. "I can't fucking drive right now bring my car home I'm gonna go see my girlfriend" ,he said handing his keys to one of his friends who wasn't as drunk. Adrian walked off and made his way to Avery's house and sat on the porch and waited for her to come home.

“Maybe do what Jasper said, everyone should go home and make a list, that way there isn’t so much pressure to have to think about it while here together now. Then we’ll meet again after school. Maybe we can meet twice a week right after school and once for lunch. I think we can all be good friends too. Help for people to see us as such and want to join.” She thought about what she was saying as she looked at each of them. and looked over to Rylee. “You got anything else?”

Rylee smiled at Alex, and ignored Av for a minute as she thought about it, “Yeah I do, I may have offended some of you by yelling, but honestly… if I got your attention then it worked.” Rylee wasn’t there to make friends; she was harsh and could be cruel. But she had her reasons. “Dismissed?”
--
Any comments and questions were covered by Rylee as Avery made her way home she had a ton of homework and she hoped Adrian would be waiting for her. Climbing in her little silver car she drove home slowly. Seeing him on the porch made her heart thunder in her chest. Climbing the stairs slowly she smiled at him as he sat on the swing. “Hey baby.” Switching her books to the other arm she unlocked the door and led him inside. She sat her books on the counter, her parents were hardly ever home. Smiling she kissed his cheek, “You reek.” Her face scrunched in disgust.

Rylee smiled at them and watched Avery’s back as she left. Disappointed in the fact that her sister couldn’t stick around, she sighed. She moved over to Jessica, “You don’t need to be quiet everyone here has got your back, especially me.” She smiled at her friend before hugging her gently.

Looking up at Alex she winked, there was just something about him. Before she made her way to him she tapped Jesse, “Glad you came in, if there is anything we can help you with just let us know okay.” she leaned down closer to his ear and whispered, “You are part of the reason we started this club, don’t be afraid.”

Jessica gave a quick hug back to Rylee and smiled. Rylee could be tough at times with people but Jessica could see a different side of her friend and she was thankful to have her as a friend. She walked over to the doorway while everyone else was saying there goodbyes. Jessica figured she would wait till everyone was all done and see if anyone wanted company walking home she didn't feel much like walking alone.

The first meeting was over and Jesse had made it through it just fine. When Rylee came over and spoke to Jesse he felt relieved but slightly embarrassed "Thank you Rylee, Means a lot" He blushed a little in embarrassment knowing she had noticed his nervousness but at the same time it felt good that someone was responding to his nerves in a positive way instead of picking on him for them.

As Rylee talked to people on her way towards Alex he saw the wink and started thinking to himself. Hmm wonder what's on her mind. He was kind of in a rush to hurry up and head to practice some songs and see if he could get some of his band mates over to practice but he wasn't going to be rude and rush out the door either he figured he would stick around for a few minuets and say his goodbyes and be polite. He was contemplating if he would come to the next meeting as he hadn't intended on even coming to this one. In his mind he was leaning towards coming back again only because he felt it would be rude not to now that he had come once but he though he may try and slowly fade himself out of the group without coming off rude if he could but then again who knows there may be something to the group worth sticking around for.

Rylee had finally finished speaking to Jessie when Alex stood up. He watched he as she walked toward him thinking about what he would say. He wasn't sure if she was upset with his entrance to the meeting but figured she couldn't be to upset she had smiled back at him a few times and the wink well Alex wasn't sure what the wink was all about but he figured it best to let Rylee talk to him first if she had anything to say and he would take it from there.

Jasper stood up and shook everyone's hand before leaving, he made his way out the door and to his car. He was going to get to work as soon as he got home, he felt bad for being the first one to leave beside the group coordinator but he had a lot of things to do. Jasper drove into the gas station down the street from his house and parked his car, he worked there after school to make some extra cash to pay for his apartment. Jasper lived on his own after his parents signed his emancipation papers against his will. He was forced to be an adult before he could even grow up. Jasper took of his leather jacket and hung it on the hook in the office, he put on his work shirt and went into the garage and waited for his first customer to come in.

Naomi sat around and watched as everyone left, she noticed Jessica still in the room so she slowly walked over to her. "Erm....hey.....do you need someone to walk with you, I know how some people can get creeped out by walking alone" ,Naomi said quietly in almost a whisper. She gave a small smile and put her hands into her pockets. She looked at the floor moving her feet a little bit waiting for Jessica's response.

Adrian looked at Avery when she told him he wreaked, "Yeah so I had a few beers with the guys, seeing my girlfriend would rather hang around a bunch of faggots instead of spend time with me" ,Adrian said hotly. "Why in the fuck would you even start a group like that when you're not gay? Or are you secretly a dyke"? Adrian wasn't letting up he was being a total asshole and in his drunken state said some thing's he knew would hurt Avery. He got up and walked over to her fridge and grabbed a soda out of it, when he walked back to the kitchen table he slammed his side into it and freaked out throwing the can of soda across the room just missing Avery's head. "I'm so fucking sick of this shit, fucking girlfriend's a dyke and her table wants to beat me up, what the fuck is next"? Adrian made no sense of course he usually didn't when he was drunk.

Rylee approached the male and smiled. The sultry smile of a girl on a mission, “Hi Alex… I’m glad you could join us. You inspire a lot of people, you know.” Her green depths searching his blue before leaning over and placing a soft kiss to his cheek, “Have a good night.” Her words were soft. She enjoyed staying under the skin of guys, especially ones she couldn’t figure out. She moved toward the door and said good bye to everyone as they left.

Shaking Jaspers hand as he left, she thanked him for his input and hoped to see him at the next meeting of the minds. She didn’t flirt, she spoke from the heart, no need to send Alex mixed signals now that she’d opened the flood gate. She looked like a bad girl but truly had a heart of gold. Next to Avery though she was a demon and had come to accept it! Ry had hoped that Jessica would make more friends; she needed to break out of her shell a bit. It was something that Ry had been trying to get her to do for a while. Her eyes travelled to Alex and she smiled again.

“Don’t call them that, you haven’t been nice to me so why should I hang out with you!” Avery demanded setting her books on the table so she could start studying. “Yeah I’m secretly a dyke…” she mumbled under her breath. She’d been trying to get Adrian to have sex with her for so long it just wasn’t even worth it anymore. They had been together since the end of the year before and nothing. she wore the skimpiest of bathing suits and all that had gotten her was lots of sucking face and above the waist touching.

The can of soda whizzing past her head as she dug in her backpack for a pencil scared the hell out of her. “Maybe you should go… I’m not a lesbian Adrian. I’ve tried spending time with you and giving you special attention, but you don’t seem to want me. Or even like me.” She accused glaring at him. “If I wanted to be treated like a piece of shit I’d have started dating that jerk that got expelled for bringing a knife to school, the one that threatened me personally.” She bent and picked up his soda can. “I can’t handle you when you are like this. Do we need to take a break Adrian, is that what you want?”

Jessica paused for a moment before answering Naomi "Sure if you don't mind i would love to have company while i walked.. your heading the same way as i am i think right?" Jessica stepped out of the doorway into the hall and turned slightly to the side waiting for Naomi to follow and answer.

Alex listened as Rylee told him that he inspired a lot of people. He knew he was able to grab peoples attention but he wondered to himself if he actually INSPIRED anyone. Alex hung back a little after she spoke to him and watched her walk out the door having said her good bye to Jasper. Alex planned on walking right out the door and heading home to work on his music but as he walked out the door he turned towards Rylee who had her back to him as she was leaving. he walked faster to catch up to her. "hey Ry your heading same way as i am right? Are you walking or ya got a ride. cuz if your walking i'll walk with ya if ya wanted." He knew Rylee was a slower walker and this would slow down his time getting home by at least 5 min but he thought to himself hey 5 min of my time to have company on my walk isn't a total loss. But he waited to see what her answer would be as they were walking side by side still.

Jessica had left a little before Alex and Rylee did she usually walked the same way home as Alex for a portion of the walk prior to splitting off so there was a good chance that they would catch up to her at some point. While Alex waited to hear Rylee's response Alex was already thinking what will Jessica think if she see's Alex walking with Rylee . Oh well to late to turn back the request to walk together now so it didn't really matter what anyone would think Alex wasn't one for really letting things bother him for to long.

"Yeah I live on the same street as you, you probably didn't realize that because I stay in my house all the time and blare music" ,Naomi said, she had never talked so much and hoped she didn't sound like a loser. She kept looking over at Jessica a small smile formed on her lips, the girl was really pretty. "So how did you hear about the group"? Naomi asked. Normally Naomi had her headphones on blocking out the world as she walked and was happy with that but walking with someone else wasn't so bad either.

Adrian looked at Avery and slammed his hand on the table, "You want me to leave? You can't handle me? Fine we're done no fucking breaks we're OVER" ,Adrian said right before storming out. He may have said it out of drunkness but he had said it none the less and it was probably gonna stick knowing how Avery was. Adrian walked home, when he got to his house and walked through the door he was met by his step father who looked pissed, Adrian got his usual interrogation of the day then went to his room to pass out.

Jasper was working on at least three different cars in the garage, he knew this meant overtime which he had become used to. He didn't mind working extra it paid well and he could get the things he wanted and needed. He opened a bottle of gatorade as he sat down for his first break, the gas station was open 24 hours and the garage closed at 9pm unless there was more work to do. Jasper usually took his break before the rush of elementary school kids came in the store attached to the gas station because he was usually put on the other register to make things move quicker.

Rylee walked he bag slung over her shoulder, a lot was on her mind. The first meeting had been semi successful. Alex’s voice invaded her thoughts, “hmm, Yeah Avery was my ride so I’m walking. I think we head the same way,” She smiled up at him. “I wouldn’t mind the company.” She wrapped her arm through his, securing the link. “Oh, I have to stop at my locker, I have,” she made a face. “Math homework, bleck.” Math was her worst subject; Avery always helped her with it. Ry smiled up at him again as they ducked down a hall and toward her locker. After tucking her book in her bag she moved with him toward the front of school, “Are you working on songs for a set or is it just because?” She asked as they exited the school. The light was bright outside still and caused Rylee to squint her green eyes.

Avery stared at the empty space that Adrian had occupied just a moment before. Had that really just happened? She hadn’t wanted to break up, just scare him a bit, and make him think. This was horrible. She pounded her hand flat on the table. This would not do. She tried calling him, but got his voicemail. She didn’t leave a voicemail, if this was what he wanted then she would allow him this. Tears fell from her blue eyes steadily; this was the one time she wished Rylee was with her. Spreading her work out on the table she began her work, she knew it wouldn’t be her best work but if she didn’t start now she would be up until midnight.

Looking at Naomi Jessica said," Oh that is your house that i have heard that music coming from especially in the summer" "and i think i overheard about the group at lunch today i can't remember who it was that was talking about it" Jessica was happy that she was going to be walking with Naomi they began walking up the hallway and exited the building. There wasn't anyone hanging around outside when they walked out.

As Rylee went into her locker Alex stood kinda waiting not really knowing what to do while waiting on her but she was rather fast getting what she needed. Alex thought to himself as Rylee mentioned her dislike for math he almost said how much he actually doesn't mind math being one of his best subjects well besides Chorus class of course. She asked about why he writes songs as she asked the question Alex thought for a second " My band is still in the writing and practicing stage but we have been recording some of the material onto our PC and editing it down from there. We have done a few small party gigs for friends but that's about it so far" he paused for a second to look and see if she seemed board by his response she seemed to be listening so he continued on " Although even if we were not recording or playing out i'd still write it is relaxing for me."

walking out the door the flash of sunlight into his eyes was a bit much for Alex. He had got used to the darker lighting of the school and he also knew he would be in a much darker setting once he got into his house. To be exact once he got home and went inside he knew the likely hood of seeing the sun again this day was pretty small his window at home was blocked off with a dark sheet and he planned on going down to his basement where he had a room set up with his music stuff. They began walking up the street together this was a strange situation for Alex and he was starting to wonder what he should say he knew he should try and have a conversation along the walk but had no clue where to start.

Jessie exited the building alone and at a fast pace and shot down a side street. Jessie liked to take a different way home every day so that no one would ever know which way he would be headed. Just in case someone ever wanted to try and get ahead of him and cause him any type of trouble. Jessie was thirsty and stopped off at a little gas station store. Probably the first time he had ever gone into the place as far as he could remember and thus he had to search for there drinks. Like most little gas station stores the drinks were all the way in the back. Jessie thought to himself they do this on purpose so you have to walk past all this other junk and they hope you pick something up because of course 90% of the time people buying stuff from these stores wanted drinks. When he got up to the register he looked around to find the cashier and that's when his eyes found The new guy from school. He couldn't really remember his name but didn't want him to know he didn't know his name so he tried to avoid using his name. "Hey, It's you. How are you doing i didn't know you worked here that explains why you took off so fast after the meeting today" Jessie put the soda that he was buying up on the counter while he took a quick look at the candy in front of the counter he grabbed a Reese's peanut butter cups and tossed that up on the counter as well.

"Oh I heard about it from Adrian unfortunately, he kinda asked me if I was going in a not so friendly tone ever since everyone found out I liked girls that guy has been a total dick to me" ,Naomi said in response. At first Naomi thought Adrian was just screwing with her seeing as he had asked her if she was going to the "Dykes R, Us" club meeting, she didn't know that there was an actual group that was set up. "So are you going to the group tomorrow"? Naomi asked as she pulled a pack of Jolly Ranchers out of her pocket, she offered Jessica one as she waited for the girl's answer.

Adrian was completely blocked off from the world as he slept, not even his step father's screaming could wake him up.

Jasper was wiping the grease off of his hands when he seen Jessie walk up to the counter, "Yeah it's me" ,Jasper said with his normal smile he wore on his face. "It's Jessie right"? Jasper rang up his items and put them into a small bag. "So you gonna come to the group tomorrow? I think you should, I noticed you looked a bit nervous today, someone giving you shit"? Jasper asked curiously. He didn't want to make Jessie feel uncomfortable so he asked the question as kindly as he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom