Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

¢σℓℓє¢тιиg тнє ριє¢єѕ | ρяιи¢є ¢αѕριαи & тαℓιи

Tossing her helmet to the ground she shook her head to move her hair out of her face, she stopped and smiled at him. His idea rounded hers out. Quietly she moved to the spare container, marked it before dragging one of the crates to “her” container and frantically shoved the trash into it before taking his can and perfectly marking it with the mark of the Timberwolves. It wasn’t hard and she figured it would help him out. She began divvying up the items some crates she noted were the same so she simply drug the empty crate to her container and then refilled it and popped the crate lids back on, crooked nails and all.

The job was hot and sweaty; she pulled her arms from the sleeves of her thick jumper and tied them about her slender waist. Her upper torso was covered in a black tank, her arms sported muscles but it was not at all out of place with the job she performed. She tried not paying him too much attention, since when she let her mind wander she lost it. She felt his eyes on her every once in a while and it made her blush though she refrained from catching him, though when she did look at him she couldn’t help but smile. Crates that had only one of the items were spilt and thankfully, had enough crates to place the items in. mostly all were parts from what she could see.

She only fell into one of the crates, to get a spark plug that fell off an engine she was transferring. She wasn’t sure if he was, she was in the front and he in the back. Climbing out she stopped and watched him work. The muscles in his arms bunched and relaxed with each move of the pry bar. He was kind, most other members of his team would have left her face down in the snow and stepped over her laughing their ass off. Hell, most of her team members would have done that. Shaking her head she wandered to her container, things were slowly taking shape and it was nice. Stretching she heard the murmur of voices heading their way and then off again.

Looking up to, the sky she realized lunch would be soon. Moving back through the crate she smiled, “Lunch is coming up… should we work through it or finish later. I honestly don’t think my team will miss me and I have a few granola bars in my bag.” She leaned her crow bar against her shoulder with one hand while the other wiped across her brow. Looking over the items in the crate, she could have let him have it, but working together was nice too and they still had many things to transfer and she wasn’t sure if they could do it all. If she went back, she could ask Rally for his help.

Talin said:
Tossing her helmet to the ground she shook her head to move her hair out of her face, she stopped and smiled at him. His idea rounded hers out. Quietly she moved to the spare container, marked it before dragging one of the crates to “her” container and frantically shoved the trash into it before taking his can and perfectly marking it with the mark of the Timberwolves. It wasn’t hard and she figured it would help him out. She began divvying up the items some crates she noted were the same so she simply drug the empty crate to her container and then refilled it and popped the crate lids back on, crooked nails and all.

The job was hot and sweaty; she pulled her arms from the sleeves of her thick jumper and tied them about her slender waist. Her upper torso was covered in a black tank, her arms sported muscles but it was not at all out of place with the job she performed. She tried not paying him too much attention, since when she let her mind wander she lost it. She felt his eyes on her every once in a while and it made her blush though she refrained from catching him, though when she did look at him she couldn’t help but smile. Crates that had only one of the items were spilt and thankfully, had enough crates to place the items in. mostly all were parts from what she could see.

She only fell into one of the crates, to get a spark plug that fell off an engine she was transferring. She wasn’t sure if he was, she was in the front and he in the back. Climbing out she stopped and watched him work. The muscles in his arms bunched and relaxed with each move of the pry bar. He was kind, most other members of his team would have left her face down in the snow and stepped over her laughing their ass off. Hell, most of her team members would have done that. Shaking her head she wandered to her container, things were slowly taking shape and it was nice. Stretching she heard the murmur of voices heading their way and then off again.

Looking up to, the sky she realized lunch would be soon. Moving back through the crate she smiled, “Lunch is coming up… should we work through it or finish later. I honestly don’t think my team will miss me and I have a few granola bars in my bag.” She leaned her crow bar against her shoulder with one hand while the other wiped across her brow. Looking over the items in the crate, she could have let him have it, but working together was nice too and they still had many things to transfer and she wasn’t sure if they could do it all. If she went back, she could ask Rally for his help.

Sean ran his hand through his hair, pulling it back away from his forehead for a moment to cool off. He was stifling and knew that he must look filthy, but it didn't matter. They were both working hard and they would probably both was a long, hot shower when they got back to their respective houses. "Granola bars huh? That sounds pretty good. All I have is a canteen of cold water, some instant soup and instant coffee." Sean laughed. He'd been through worse, but it was still disheartening to know that lunch was going to be cold liquid.

The crates were starting to look good. Lots of parts, a few motors, a pair of generators and a lot of electronic devices. Best of all were a few LED flashlights. That was one of the best treasures they could find. All it took was a few batteries here and there and they had some very good light sources. Sean walked out into the sun to get some sun with his lunch and to cool off. He undid the top half of his coveralls, tying the sleeves around his waist. He was in a tattered black t-shirt with a colourful logo that could no longer be made out. The words "Dark..... o .... Moon." were barely legible. Sean wished for his music player. Perhaps next time he was out he would find a way to lug it across the river. Perhaps Terrence would think it a good idea.

She sat on the ground and smiled up at him, “My water is probably lukewarm… I had it hot for cocoa and oatmeal that Rally took with him.” She held up a thermos, it was a relic her father had gotten for her as a child and she loved it. She frowned she didn’t have any spoons or cups or bowls, only the lid to eat or drink out of. She held up the metal thermos as he slid the top half of his coveralls off. His arms were muscular and much bigger than hers were. Biting her lips, she was still fighting the attraction she felt toward him. She wondered what his shirt said at one point but smiled and let the thought pass.

Sadie wasn’t a flirt, never had been, she’d always been the quiet tomboy that aced her schooling and got out early. it was somewhere she didn’t like to be and as awkward as she was around others it was obvious the others her age teased and picked on her. Slipping her hand back into her pack she pulled out the granola bars. Four in total, “Two for you and two for me… the instant soup might do well in the semi warm water I have,” She shrugged, they had some of the stuff back at camp and she wasn’t sure how but Rally always made the stuff taste fresh, probably with the spices and canned veg he mixed in. Her smile was weak as she looked up at him, but it was a smile none the less. “Take your pick.”

"Let's give the soup a try. It'd be nice to eat something warm for a change. Perhaps we'll find some canned goods in on of the other containers, but for now let's celebrate that you have warm water." Sean rummaged through his pack and pulled out the container of instant soup mix. It was chicken noodle, but there were no signs of actual chicken to be found. Instead it was just noodles and a yellow broth. He shook the soup in the thermos for a few minutes. He was impressed that the water was actually better than lukewarm. It wasn't piping hot, but it was a far cry better than cold.

He opened the lid and offered it to Sadie. "You carried the heavy, hot water. You deserve the first half." Sean said nicely. "Perhaps in between sips you can tell my why you came out to be a seeker, picking through the parts of the old world. Half the reason I do it is so I can find more music. What is it that you like finding? I can tell from your excitement at the motors and stuff that you have a knack for mechanical things. There are lots of things I would have liked to have seen before the big disaster. Anything you wish you could have seen? My first choice would have been England, that's where all the best bands were from."

Back
Top Bottom