Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Memoirs of a Kitten]

Vanity Evolved

Planetoid
Yeah. I do adore that film; nomnomnom chick flicks.

Either way, yeah. For those of you out there who don't know me (so, about 99.5% of the population of Blue Moon), I'm Paul. I'm a currently unemployed, and out of education student with too much time on his hands. Sure, this will probably be a pathetic account of my unimpressive and silly sounding life, but... eh. I feel like recording my 'achievements' over the coming weeks a bit more. If only to get some perspective on life right about now.

It all started just before Christmas day; I'd always been a sheltered, relatively pampered child. My dad passed away when I was thirteen, and I was left solely with my mother after my sister moved away. Add a history of horrid childhood bullying, the resulting depression and anxiety which followed, and me being a general layabout leading to me being in the position I'm in now. My mother slowly began to get ill a month of two before the Yuletide, seemingly just a bit under the weather. She was finally admitted after two months, when she finally reached the point she could no longer walk unassisted, and required me to look after her completely. Only when the entirity of our family on either side forced her to go into hospital.

This was when it hit us. She was diagnosed with colon cancer. It'd progressed to the point that both her liver and lungs; she was given two weeks to live, and we were devastated. It was obvious she'd hidden the progressive illness to the point it was finally showing, as I'm pretty sure that not even a highly aggressive cancer would do such in such a small timeframe.

Sadly, she passed away at 4am, only the 27th of December. Between a gold-digging group on my mother's side, and my distant and equally money grubbing sister and her convicted sex offender husband... I was completely alone. My naivety began to catch up with me; the amount of time I allowed my widowed housewife mother to dote on me, and fail to pick up on on cooking, cleaning or keeping the house running... I was punched in the face with reality. A steep learning curve was made even heavier.

It's now been about four months, and I've started to find my feet. Obviously, regularly cooking, having discovered for myself house to wash my clothes and not end up looking like a tramp, and even with the worry looming of finding my own place now my sister is kicking me from my childhood home, to liquidate my late mothers assets and get her half of the money she sought after so much, to the point of even discussing her spending over my mother's morphine riddled death bed... I feel overly proud, and both horridly pathetic at the same time to say my one thing I have achieved this week...

... is I finally cooked my own meal. Not cling-film covered boxes shoved in the microwave. Not pies thrown in the over to cook. But actually gathering the ingrediants, and cooking (as my friends and niece have said) was a damn tasty spaghetti bolognese - sure, a tiny thing, but hey. It's given me the idea that maybe I'm not as useless as I seem to think? Now, just to face the next few months of finding a house, and hoping that goes as smoothly as boiling mince beef, tomato sauce and mushroom and pouring it over pasta strings.

Your kitty, Paul <3

Another day, another pile of crap that needs sorting out!

Oh, how much fun it is... working up a seven foot stairway trying to carry fully rotted tools from the 1970s, thanks to your hoarding parents, out to chuck. Especially bamboo rods which have rotted to the point that they even look like asbestos. Many hours later, lots of sweet and being bored senseless, it's done; especially when you literally have wood rotting away in your hands, and discovering that the cellar floods. But hey, those guys have brought it now. Not my problem. ;D

And seems my income isn't affected at all by my needing a new house, or owning one - which has made me a much more relieved kitty! Now, just to sit down with some Thai noodles, knock back a pint, and relax for a while. Maybe even find a decent RP to mess around in for a while?

Or maybe look up some more of my most recently discovered fetish... shibari bondage. Mmm...

<3 Paul

Ugh. What a day.

So, in a mixture of boredom, I'm now talking to you guys through my crappy laptop - why, d'you ask?

Well, after a fun browsing of the Post Your Face thread, and deciding maybe to take another picture or two... my start bar freezes up. That's strange. Ah well, I'll just reboot and...

... and it takes five minutes to get to desktop, and when it does... searching... searching...

I then get the fun, after not sleeping yet (woke up 3pm last night, still awake at 11am now) of phoning up the place to get someone sent out. In the end, I finally manage to format it, after it refused to read the CD, and now it's not fully rebooting... trying once more and if not... blah, going to have to wait till tomorrow. -Sigh-

Goddamn, I feel crappy. What I wouldn't give for a snuggle right about now.

<3 Paul

Well, it seems it's time for me to begin the house seach - been looking into a few different places, but working with such a limited amount of cash... it's pretty hard to find a decent place in a nice nieghbourhood. And would really rather not leave the house I've lived in all my life. :/

Back
Top Bottom