Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Restoring her home (Wolvenrogue and Blair)

wolvenrogue

Singularity
Supporter
Jim Corey was an amateur historian, a business man, Carpenter, and at 35 was independently wealthy. When the housing crash started forcing the sale of historical homes on Ebay, he became a collector as well. He bid low on the mansion near the shores of Lake Erie near detroit, but won. It had been vacant for 5 years, and sat boarded up and neglected. Jim was a handsome man, at 6ft tall and 170 lbs, but was as yet unmarried. After winning the bid, drove out from Chicago to see his recent aquisition.

jim

Hannah was sitting in the living room of the old, abandoned mansion in front of the fireplace, trying to keep herself warm against the cool winter night. There was no furniture, or atleast none that would suffice as a chair, so she sat upon to old wood floors with her coat and boots still on. Her mittens were thrown to the side, for her hands were outstretched toward the fire for warmth. Her long, golden blond hair glistened in the light from the flames, and her sweet brown eyes looked straight on.

It had been a month since she took off from her hometown of Dallas, Texas, hoping for a new life to call her own. After years of physical, mental, and sometimes even sexual abuse from her father, having her mother run out and leaving her, and her father dying of a heart attack, Hannah was forced to decide how sh ewas going to live on her own. A young girl at 17, she knew only one thing, and that was that she wanted a life far from her previous one. Being poor and helpess was better than beaten, and she was stubborn enough to hop a train all the way to the shores of Lake Erie. She quit highschool, for if they found out she was on her own, they'd put her in foster care, and she packed up only minor things. Not being able to find a job at her age was becoming a painful problem, for she barely found food to eat, and the mansion was her only means for shelter.

Sighing, she reached up and ran a hand through her hair as she tried to decide how to make a little extra cash. After a month of being homeless, she was starting to become desperate. Even though she was a good girl, her mind was starting to wander to the brutal idea of drugs or prostitution just to stay alive.

http://free-wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/4/img-3051.jpg

When Jim arrived at the mansion, he was surprised to see a whisp of smoke comming from the chimney. He knew the heat was not on, nor were any of the utilities, but the smoke was there clear as day. Taking the key from his pocket, he quietly opened the front door hoping to surprise whoever was there. He walked quietly around the corner and peeked into the livingroom just in time to see the tiny figure with a shock of blonde hair dissapear out the window. he went to the window and looked out but whoever it was, was gone. The fire felt good and seemed safe enough so he left it burning and walked through the house checking out his investment.

After an hour, he left with a notebook full of notes for his future renovation.

Hannah fled out the window just in time, hiding out in some bushes. The earth beneath her was cold and wet, however it had yet to snow this winter. She shivered, her teeth shattering and her blonde hair blowing in the light wind. Waiting around an hour, she watched Jim take notes and survey the house. Her heart dropped, knowing that what she dreaded most was finally happening. Someone had bought the house.

Biting her lip, she waited for him to drive all the way down the path leading to the mansion on the hill before climbing back in the window and curling up in front of the fire for the night. She got warm enough to fall asleep, using her old coat as a pillow.

Jim went to visit with his contractor and discuss his renovation plans. After several hours of discussions, he had a list of things he had to go back and check so he headed back to the house. This time he wanted to see if the girl was back, so he walked around to the window and looked in to see her sleeping by the fire. He was surprised at how young and pretty she was. He couldn't imagine such a pretty young girl being homeless. It just didnt fit his stereotypical idea of what a homeless person was.

He quietly climbed in the window and crept up to the sleeping girl and grabbed her wrist, holding it tight as she woke in a fright, and tried to flee. He was far to strong for her to escape though. "Hey calm down ! I'm noy going to hurt you! What are you doing here any way?" he said to the frantic girl.

Hannah screamed, scrambling to her feet and trying to exit out the window. She pushed and pulled from his hold, glaring at him, yet her eyes appeared frightened. "Let me go! It's none of your business! I'm leaving!" she shouted, once she realized he was too strong to pull away.

Her young blue eyes looked up at him with fear, and she bit her lip. She was scared of what he was going to do to her, but much more frightened at the thought of losing her "home". Where was she going to go? What was she going to do? She couldn't get a job, go to school, and there was no home for her to go back to...

"Please," she whispered, giving up on running. "I can't go to jail. They will make me go to a foster home or something..."

"I'm not going to send you to jail, at least not if you cooperate a bit. You dont look like a criminal. At least I'm pretty sure your not. I want to help you, but not before you answer a few questions. Other wise, I could just call the police. I'll bet your hungry. Why don't we talk about this over something to eat? he spoke with a gentle , even tone hoping not to frighten the girl. He saw her eyes brighten up at the mention of food. I'm going to let you go, but if you run away, I can't help you, and I promise you won't get back in here. He let go of her hand and waited to see what the girl would do.

Hannah nodded slowly, seeing the kindess that rested in his eyes. "Sure," she said slowly, hesitant to follow him into the kitchen. She sat at the old wooden table in the dining room, her hands holding eachother tight in her lap, and watched him closley as he made some sandwiches. She was starving, but scared to take it. It took her a few moments to gain the courage to take a bite.

The whole time they ate, she didn't say a word, so scared to tell him too much and turned in. A foster home was her fear.

Looking up at him, her blue eyes innocent and scared, she bit her lip. "This has been my home for months," she admitted, "I'll have no where else to go if you take it from me... I'm not quite 18 yet, so I can't get much of a job around here, nor can anyone find out I'm on my own..."

Jim watched her shiver as she started to eat. It was cold, and he really hadn't brought a lot of food. He wasn't planning on having any other mouthes to feed. "It's cold in here" he said. you can eat that later if you want, why don't we go somewhere warm, and get a hot meal. Come on, you can bring the sandwhich with you if you want. Thre is an allyou can eat buffet just down the street. Come help me get my money's worth. He lead her out to the car, and let her in, turning up the heat so she could stop shivering in the cold.

They drove to the buffet and he took her in. They got a table and they went to get some food. When they were back at the table, he said "now tell me what happened that your in this mess."

Not sure what to think about the stranger that was taking her to dinner, Hannah sat on the edge of her seat and picked at her food. "I ran away," was the only thing she said, her voice soft and hesitant. "From Texas. My parents are dead, and I needed a fresh start. Except no one in this town hires a 17 year old without turning her in to Foster care, and I sure as hell can't get a lease on an apartment." Her voice grew bitter, and she finally lifted her fork and began to eat some chicken she got from the buffet. It was amazing, and pretty soon, she was eating rather quickly, afraid to let it go to waste.

Without looking at him, she took another bite of a piece of bread. "Are you going to turn me in? Please... Just, please don't. I'll get out of the house, but please..."

"Hey its alright, he said, "I'm not here to make your life more miserable, so I won't turn you in, but I'm not going to let you starve or freeze, and right now the house isn't safe, and I cant help you if you run away. You going to let me help you?" he asked. "Take your time and eat all you want, its all paid for. You seem like a nice enough girl, who is just down on your luck. When she had had all she could eat and was beginning to look a bit sleepy, he paid the check and asked her to wait while he spoke a minute with the manager. Then he led her back out to the car. They drove to Walmart and lead her in and they went to the women's department. " I want you to pick out 4 complete sets of clothes" he said and after that he got her a winter coat, a hat and mittens. None of it was fancy but it was in good repair and clean.

As they walked out of Walmart, Hannah wearing the new purple coat he bought for her with black mittens and scarf, she kept close to him. It was cold, and despite her stubborn belief that she needed someone, she couldn't help but enjoy being with the only person who had been kind to her in months.

"Um, thank you," she whispered once they got in his car. She pulled her knees up to his chest, and looked over at him hesitantly. "I... I don't know what to say."

She wasn't sure what was going on, but if he let her stay in that house for just a little while longer, until she turned eighteen, it would be a blessing. But that was just so much to ask for from a stranger.

They got in the car and started back towards the house, but to here surprise they went right by it and pulled into the parking lot of a small motel. He had her wait in the car as he went in the office. He returned a few minutes later with two keys. He drove over to the room he had rented. and taking the things he had purchased with him he let her in the room. "This room is for you to stay in, " he said. " why don't you get yourself a nice warm shower and put on some clean clothes. he said. "I'll just watch tv while you do." When your done we can talk about how you you can help me out this week." he said.

Hannah watched him carefully, her eyes widening when he informed her that he had rented a room for her. She shook her head in disbelief, taking the key and going straight to the shower like he suggested. Sighing into the hot water, she soaped up her small body thoroughly, then washed her long golden hair. She took her time in the shower, not wanting to spoil the hot water that she had been deprived of for month. When she walked out, she looked like a new girl, her hair glistening and her skin soft and clear. Slipping on an off the shoulder sweater and a pair of jeans on, she brushed her teeth and dried her hair with the motel hair dryer. Slipping on a pair of socks, she walked inside his attatched room with a hesitant look on her face.

"Why are you being so nice?" she asked, her voice soft as she leaned against the door way. "You don't know me... I could be a conartist."

Just to further explain her outfit and everything:

V292659_Q73.jpg

"I'll take my chances", he said, " you look a lot more comfortable now. You wanted a job didnt you? The house is going to need lot of cleaning. Are you up for that? I made arrangements for you get your meals as aoften as you want at the buffet a block down. and were a block from the house. I'll have to go back to Chicago in few days , but you can work on cleanning while I'm gone. I'll leave you the key. But in the mean time you can stay here."

Hannah bit her lip and went to sit down beside him on the little motel couch. She pulled her knees up to her chest and rest her chin on top of them, studying him... She was not sure what his intentions are, but she couldn't afford to turn them down. Letting a smile spread across her features, she gave him an appreciateive look.

"I'm Hannah," she whispered, knowing that she never gave him her name. "And I... Thank you so much... No one has been this nice to me. Ever. No even my father when he was around."

She shivered at the mention of her father, turner her eyes away from him. "But I'd love to help you clean and stuff if that means food and a place to stay... But won't your, uh, wife get mad or something? Girlfriend?"

Robert laughed, "well she might .... If i had one" he said " But since I don't thats not an issue. My name is Robert, but you can just call me Bob. Sounds like we have a deal. In the morning we'll go back over to Walmart and get you some cleaning supplies. For now though want to watch a movie?

Hannah smirked and eased into a comfortable position on the couch beside him, nodding and looking at the television with the utmost appreciation. She had not seen a television in what felt like years. "I'd love to," she admitted, smiling and holding a pillow in her lap. It was nice to be in clean clothes, heat, and a safe place. It nearly made her want to cry she was so happy.

Soon, she was nodding off. Laying across the couch, she fell into his lap, her head resting on his knee half way through the moving. She looked peaceful, receiving the best sleep she's had in months, and she was curled up beside him like a kitten he had just adopted. The movie played, the light bouncing off her face, and she was unaware how close she had gotten to him in her sleep. Normally, she wasn't so trusting with men, but she was also severely desperate. Not to mention, the kindness in his eyes looked so genuine.

Bob pulled her up onto his thigh were she would be more comfortable and rested his arm along her side, his hand on her hip. The girl was gorgeous, but she was less than half his age, and was vulnerable. She didn't even begin to wake when he moved her but instead cuddled up even tighter. She looked so peaceful sleeping in his lap, Bob loved good it made her feel. Here was a sweet innocent girl, who had learned the hard way to be tough. When the movie ended, he slipped carefully out from under her and went into her room and turned down the bed. He went back and picked her up and layed her on the bed and slipped off her shoes and tcked her in under the covers. He went back to his room and took a shower, qnd then went to bed dressed in only his boxers. He left the door open between the rooms.

Hannah slept until the wee hours of the morning, the sunlight waking her up easily. She was a light sleeper these days, especially when safety was never there long enough for her to get decent rest... Rousing awake, she sat up and looked through the open door. She saw Robert sleeping the bed in the other room, looking peaceful, and it made her smile. He was so nice... So Genuine. He could have easily taken advantage of her, but didn't. In fact, watching him for a moment, she found herself attracted to him, wanting to crawl into the other bed beside him.

Standing up, she walked over and brushed her teeh and hair, then washed her face straightened out her clothes. She looked nice, surpisingly, thanks to the new clothes.

Slipping into his room, she leaned against the door way and smiled. "Hey, Bob?" she asked, taking in his shirtless form. He was fit, looking quite youthful yet so mature. It took her a moment to tear eyes from his form, blushing slightly. Suddenly, she feared that he would forget about taking her in, wake up and order her to leave.

Bob woke to Hannah's sweet voice and looked up at her and smiled. "Your up early, he said rubbing his eyes." I think I'm going to lay here a bit," he said. He loved how the off the shoulder sweater looked on her. "you can turn on the TV if you want he said. "come sit with me here and we'll go to breakfast in about an hour ok?" He patted the bed next to him.

Remind me to get you some PJs when we go to Walmart, then you wont have to sleep in your clothes.

Hannah smiled, relieved that he seemed to not have changed his mind over night, and walked over to his bed. Sliding in beside him, she sat just a few mere inches away, leaning back on to the head board. Looking over at him, she sighed. "I was worried you would have changed your mind," she admitted, "And I'm sorry... I'm used to waking up before dawn."

A smirk grew on her lips as she turned the channel to the news, watchin it carefully. She always loved the news, for some reason, and it was nice to be able to watch it again. Her father used to refuse to let her watch tv or read the news paper, saying women shouldn't know about such things.

Bob had thrown the covers off and he layed on his side watching the news as he lounged on the bed with his head on the pillow. His bare muscular chest and six pack abs exposed to her view, and in easy reach. He watched the news with her and layed there relaxing.

Hannah looked down and her eyes caught his exposed body. His muscled torso rendered her unable to tear her eyes away from him, biting her lips with want. Her cheeks turned a faint shade of pink as she leaned back on the pillows as well, the news practically mute in her mind.

"So where are you from?" she asked casually, "Obviously not from here if you bought that house..."

Arching her eyebrow, she forced her vision north to look in his eyes, and she gave him a soft smile.

"Chicago," he said "on the north shore. That house has a lot of charm and potential, he said, not to mention history, and the price was right. I collect houses. I started when the market tanked. It's a bit of an expensive hobby, but how is the time to be buying, if you have money , that is." he looked across her body as she lay against the pillows, enjoying the silhouette of her breasts in the thin tank top she was wearing. Her nipples stood out nicely on top of her well rounded breasts. He cuddled up to her slipping his arm behind the small of her back and wrapping it around her waist . he liked the warmth of her soft body against his firmer one. He buried his nose in her hair, liking the clean smell of shampoo now that she had cleaned herself up.

Back
Top Bottom