Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gotham City Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadshotblow

Super-Earth
Hey everyone, started a DCU group RP, looking for lots of lots of new players. Tell your friends! Lol

Post your character here

And then go play here

I'll be playing this guy:
the_joker_by_muckcracker.jpg

One; is there a plot? I'm all for a DC role play, but it would be a lot more fun if there was a plot involved. If not, I'm open to help give some suggestions...

Two; I so wanna claim The Riddler (You stole ma Joker-baby! D:)

Well, I was going to provide an overall narrative recap above my character posts. Once I saw character posts I was going to work with everyone and throw some ideas out and suggest what other user's(characters) to scheme with. All OOC or I can just do away with the recaps and just have everyone correlate on an OOC thread. Right now I just have a plot posting the environment. I want it to be open ended in it's plot, allowing things to just string along various story archs in a typical Good vs Evil.

At the moment I'm waiting on people to snatch up characters. If you know anyone who's interested send them over.

As for the Riddler, I have a very interesting idea that would be an excellent way to kickstart the RP.

Okay, that sounds good.

So is Riddler up for grabs, or off limits? I wouldn't mind if I played with him or not, I just wanted to have some background with him for an original character of mine. On that note, if I were to make Riddler (or if he was to be a NPC) in what universe setting would he be (or rather, how recent is his character background), because recently he lost his memory, gained some of it back, and is practically a good guy and is acting as a detective or something. Which one would you prefer since I wanted to link his past with my OC Villain, and I don't want to leap out of context.

Be sure to go claim him by posting a character profile. I'll shoot you a PM as for my plot details.

Um, i'm really easy going when it comes to timelines in universes. Are you familiar with the video game Arkham City? The way they did it was "Arkhamverse" or whatever established in the first game Arkham Asylum. They had it where each character already had a set established history that was referenced, but for the most part it was a whole new original universe. That's what I am setting here, in order to get that ongoing freeflow RP. The Gotham City Politics Joker could easily have a history of events that ranged from killing Jason Todd (comics), defacing a muesuem and knowing of Vicki Vale (Batman) to having knowledge of the Phantasm (animated), all the while just recently wrapping up the whole Dark Knight plotline. Plus whatever events will come to transpire. (Plus when you get people wanting to come in and RP Superman, or the Green Lantern. But it's Gotham Based.)

Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing Rachel Dawes and killing her off our own way. WTF would happen if Scorpion showed up a la DCU vs MK. Would someone be so bold as to play Spiderman? I'd like to see his smug ass kicked. Lmao, that's really stretching it though, but if a character supplies excellent storytelling and plot advancing material, by all means.

Seeing as how it's all based off comic stuff anyways, or a lineage of batman products, there will be certain continuity that can be overlooked for the sake of incorporated a new plot or subplot.

Seeing as how this entire thing is based off a

Remember the good ole User Chatroom days of AOL, Yahoo and whatever else? When you'd go into the appropriate role play room category and click on "Gotham City Politics" and buddylists? lmao

It's also an oppurtunity to reinvent or change some things up for the character your playing. Like I have a few ideas on the Joker that i'm going to implement. So you could have The Riddler be some forensic's lap guy who gets obsessed with batman and goes on a set of jigsaw like riddles to prove his mental superiority. For example.

Cool, good thing because I already written his profile! XD I'll go post it when I start implementing some of the ideas you had.

Yeah, I wanted to change some things about the Riddler, mainly because I don't read his comics, so I'm completely at a lost for what's going on with him now. However, I was going to keep him as close as the current one as possible. I was going to mix in a bit with Riddler, but he's been pretty straight forward, the only thing that may have changed about him was his abilities and such (plus a few costumes), so he's not as multiple AU when compared with more popular Gotham villains (at least I don't think).

Okay, good stuff, I'll be seeing you with two characters then, and if I muttle something up, just bop me on the head.

Bleh, I'm sure your safe! lol. I'm not familiar with the term "he's not as multiple AU" I feel retarded.

Oh, sorry, I meant Alternate Universe, he's in a lot of other alternate universes, but his character basically stayed the same throughout; having the same past, motives, etc. I don't think there's a Riddler that's drastically different than another. (Except in extreme cases, like Riddler's daughter, or the Big Question, or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom