Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Steam users!

Do you use Steam?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • What's Steam?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dito for me on Dark Souls, though I was craving Skyrim and Portal 2 more when they were on pre-order. I just got too many games on pre-order that I had to skip DS2 for now. I might get it if it goes on sale in December.

I REALLY wanted to get Darksiders 2. >.< But don't really have the money. And I'll have to wait until later to get it. Which is saying a lot, considering the ton of games in my list.

Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Rome 2, Simcity, Resident Evil 6, Dark Souls and a few things in Phantasy Star Online 2.

Oh all those 2's. :p And I'm still sure I'm missing some games.

Damn it Steam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV1Tfvx9GVE

Stop releasing games like this when I got so many pre-ordered already!

PSO2 is released already here. But like I said, I need to buy some stuff for it first. XD Otherwise it's won't be so enjoyable. :p

I have problems!

OKAY, why do game companies do crap like this?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/08/14/thq-and-square-enix-should-not-have-released-darksiders-ii-and-sleeping-dogs-on-the-same-day/

While this specifically does not apply to moi, I have something FAR WORSE. I have a broken DS. I skipped the 3DS since its a new technology and knew they will come out with something better in a few years. XL was announced, I pulled back 200 USD, and shortly after the announcement brought 2 DS games who's Amazon box I didn't even unpack till I got my XL.

Which came out less than a week before Dark Souls.

Which came out about the same time as Sleeping Dogs, which does something I wish more open world sandbox games do and MORE. Saboteur is overall my favorite because you play a good guy being given permission to do bad things. Plus its a “silent in, noisy out” unlike Assassins Creed. I resisted buying it. Oh how I resisted. But the fact it is melee focused instead of just gun play (plus I was screaming at one doing a Let's Play of it) that I ended up getting it. Using the excuse I worked 20 hours this weekend and only had Wednesday to catch up with my domestic (and gaming) life. Excuse being extra money.

So yes, as you may have noticed, I have it. And its wonderful. Till I get in a car and find the mouse/camera controls SUCK.

The only good thing is there is no 3DS games really catching my attention... FOR NOW. DQ9 will be good enough along with Radiant Historia I hope. Again, I was long time planning on getting this. But why NOW?!?

[Patricio checks the coming soon page]

Borderlands 2, preordered, next month. Oh, and Torchlight which I preorded months ago. Dishonored is seducing me. And what's this? Assassins Creed 3?!? Oh thank goodness I can't preorder it! And look what Steam is doing to me today, the day before I can start downloading Dark Souls finally.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/217290/

“Choose one of 141 class combinations and journey to an infinite number of dynamically generated towns with vastly different problems.”

[Patricio lets out a whimper and clicks the link to the forums] BUGS! Well, that is a relief. After buying Legends of Pegasus IN ALPHA.

I think this is a good example of First World Problems.

Well it does seem like a rather strange thing they did. O_O I guess I don't have those problems since I've been holding myself back. I kind of wait until the preorders are about to end so I feel the damage less I guess. XD

As far as PSO2... I need to buy some character slots. Since there's actually not many available when you download the game. :/

I liked the first darksiders, but I played it WELL after I heard reviews from my friends and watched them play it.

Ths is my suggestion on future purchases: Don't just buy a game, wait until the price drops, or at least watch some gameplay to see what it's like and if it'll be your kind of thing.

And with my new xbox coming, I'm gonna be torn between halo and guild wars 2... I'll have to split enough time for both.

Totalbiscuit take on Dark Souls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JvLxIcglvk&feature=g-u-u

He seemed torn, but overall said get it only if 1) you have a pad and 2) get it modded. 1 really is a must. As for gameplay, I think he said something like "Its like riding a unicycle on a bicycle."

Not sure what that means. But either way it's one of the game's I'm INTERESTED in.
The ones I'm in a hurry to buy are not even out yet. XD

Thought I'd pop in here o: I have a Steam account but I'm hesitant to post my ID here. Last time I did something like that, I kept getting pestered by people from here whom I had never even spoken to before ._.

I guess it would be safer to just accept the request from those people sinful mentioned. XD

On another topic... Something is going on with me these days. >.> I don't feel like playing anything at all. Which should change as university has me so incredibly pissed off currently. I truly... truly wish my professors' teachers gave them a load of homework when they were little. Damn them. :p

So, the steam halloween sale is up... I must say I'm a little underwhelmed, but it must be because there's a bunch of games I already own, and the others don't interest me too much.

I ended up picking up Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines for 5$. I've played and beaten it several times over, and it's one of my favorite games of all time, but I sadly didn't own it on steam yet. Problem rectified. If you're one of those people that haven't played this fantastic game yet, I only have one thing to say to you:

BUY IT, YOU IDIOT.

Though if you do end up buying/playing it I highly recommend reading this thread on the steam forums, it will save you a lot of headaches as the original release of VtM:B was buggy as hell, but the community has done a fantastic job of fixing the game up and even restoring some unfinished content.

Also picked up They bleed pixels... It looks kind of adorable and it was cheap as dirt. Plus I do enjoy some balls hard games, hopefully this'll be a good one.

My suggestions on today's Halloween games: Orcs Must Die and Killing Floor.

Orcs Must Die is a tower defense game, but you can also shoot and slice orcs, which is quite a lot of fun, regardless of how hard you play the game at. As for Killing Floor, it's a n absolute must-have. Think of it as Left 4 Dead, but without having to go to certain objectives. It's more of a 'Run around the map and survive waves of enemies while running to the shop between waves and bunkering down in certain spots' game. I don't play it that often anymore, but playing it with a bunch of friends is REALLY fun. If any of you want to play that with me, tell me and we'll set something up ^^

Indie Game Recommendations: Atom Zombie Smasher is fun in a strategic way. The main campaign isn't that long, but all the mods that the community puts out IN-GAME are really fun. S.P.A.Z. (Space Pirates And Zombies) is also a great indie game. You control a space station that's travelling from solar system to solar system, trying to make your way to the center. The best part about this game is that it's constantly changing, no solar system is ever the same.

Back
Top Bottom