Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Steam users!

Do you use Steam?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • What's Steam?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Its not open world, but I know of Fatal Frame. I think its Zero in Japan. Played a little of II and never played it again. Trying to stay calm when taking a picture of a ghost is... well... here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usg6L_Jk9y4

I still think the first one was scarier. In the second they went more... softcore. :/ The first game had typical doll ghosts, eye-sewn women and of course, Kiryu chasing you down the stairs. XD

This is ending up to be a very, very bad summer sale for me. Started with Heroes VI, which is good but it just remind me how nothing will be as good as III. Snagged EUIII now that CKII makes me want to brave it. Installed Insainly Twisted Shadow Planet but have yet to touch it. And of course I am enjoying Valley Without Wind, though it is now showing it repetitiveness 10 hours in. (Still a lot I haven't experienced though) And the rest of that indy bundle I also have not touched. And of course Dark Souls.

I got Spec Ops The Line for half off over at Amazon. Reasonable cover shooter but more of an interactive movie really. Wish I just watched an LP of it. (Yeah, personal bias, which is why I waited for Metro 2033 to be under $10 when I got it) Limbo is a good little indy game if you like puzzle platforming. GTA IV, if you wanted it odds are you would have already got it. Rest I don't have outside the indie bundle.

Now this is weird. Ticket To Ride, which I was curious about (must... hold... off... buying!) is not on sale for $10 (unless its bugged), but the whole indy bundle is $10 itself. Curious about Trauma but already got Ax100 and, of course, SpaceChem. Again, to plug myself, I got an LP of most of the main game but no way am I going to do all of them. It is my favorite puzzler but dear lord the game gets tough.

So unless someone have something positive about Ticket To Ride or Trauma, I am going to thankfully skip this one. I have enough worry about EUIII. But if I do get this indie bundle, I am going to cry. Wonder if I can get a free SpaceChem out of it to give to someone.... NO! Do not spend ANY MORE. ENOUGH! ... ... ... So why did I vote for Krater then? Ugh. Well, at least I have all weekend to learn EUIII. Wait... Nolan's final Batman is this weekend. AUGH!

Hmm, any suggestions for good 3rd Person shooters? I'd get Max Payne 3 but it's a little costly right now :/

Patricio: I heard that Ticket to Ride is just a train murder mystery or something like that... If it's not, someone needs to be punched. As for Trauma.... Just no... I got it in an indie bundle from the humble indie bundle site, and needless to say, it's just a photographic game that has you doing very simple point and click puzzles. It's very boring and extremely short.

Sorry to say, Rave, but I don't know any good third person shooters. Most of them are either on console, hack-n-slash, or just plain suck. The only one I can recommend is the old Ghost Recon games.

Yeah I'm not too fond of first person shooters, so games that are third person like say...Lost Planet and Max Payne are my games. For now I bought Fable 3 and I'll play around with it for a while.

Side note: I really wanna play the Ninja Gaiden games, gah, if only they came out for PC :/

I heard the latest ninja gaiden was crap. Like it was all quick-time events aside from a little bit of hack-n-slash in between.

As far as I konw, Max Payne was one of the best series, but the third one got bombed completely. As for Lost Planet, I have yet to play it thoroughly.

It's actually a really entertaining series. The fact that it's frozen and you're killing alien bugs just makes it more exciting and not cliche. I used to play the OLD Max Payne and like Hitman: Agent 47 way back on PC and PS2, now they're all getting upgrades and the new Hitman is set to come out, so I'm really excited.

I just wish there were more 3rd person shooters that I could mess around with UNTILL the new Hitman and the price of Max payne isnt 70 dollar :S

Yeah 60 bucks for a game is just a bit too much. Soon enough though games are gonna go back down to 50 bucks. Friend at gamestop told me that, said that people don't buy games for 60 that much anymore unless the game is really popular.

Sorry man, but I don't know any third person shooters, I can tell you that The Witcher is a good game, though lots of bugs and glitches. As for the second one, I kind of lost interest in it specifically because it's not the same as the first one, and I regret buying it.

Just got back home from work, but was able to read your question, Rave. Max Payne 3 I heard was 10 minutes of cinematic for every minute of game play. Or some similar proportion from what I heard. Spec Ops isn't bad nor does it goes NUTS like that with its story : gameplay proportion.

Three suggestions!

The Saboteur: GTA meets Assassins Creed in Nazi occupied France. You play an Irishman racer who joins the French resistance. Sneak in, set some explosives, let it go BOOM, and run like hell. Uses cover instead of hit points. Sunk a lot of hours into it.

Alan Wake: Not always shooting, but it is one. Interactive story done right, it isn't just cut scene after cut scene. Many of the story bits are done while you play.

Splinter Cell: Played a little of Conviction because I thought I might like it, only to find out I SUCK at it. Don't know if I like it then! I think its just me. I'm okay with stealth games, but stealth and perfect head shots? Ugh.... Again, story elements done right as you can read on the walls what your character is thinking.

Sinfull Rook: I think you (or your friend) mean Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express. Ticket To Ride is based on a strategy board game.

Edit: Just realized Railworks DLC totals $1030.06 as the SALE price. All 108 of them.

Omg I'll totally check all those out.

Side note: Got Fable 3, So far? It's actually pretty fricken entertaining. I'm totally bugged with the stupid map and quest system because It's quite retarded, but it's fun! AND I HAVE A PUPPY<3

I hated how bad Fable 3 turned compared to Fable 1. >.< I wanted to play Age of Empires 3 before... but I ALWAYS get a stupid error about "map could not be found" and I haven't ever been able to play a skirmish. So stressing.

This sale really has crippled me. :/ I got a bunch of games I doubt I will ever play. XD I feel so ripped off this year.

Also a bit of a side topic but what's up with some girls in games? They're freaking attention whores. It's sad.

I mean, they go and use the fact that they're women to get items, attention, etc. And for some stupid reason it works. Just wow.

This sale has taken from me... like 50 US dollars. And like I said, I regret buying half the stuff I bought.

Also um... Can someone check into my wish list and tell me which games I have there are definetly not worth getting? Kind of sucks games have no demo. >.<

This is my first Fable, so I suppose I like it better than most because I had no amazing predecessor experience to judge from.

Actually, that's a new way to look at things. Everyone says the game is bad because It's worse than the first Fable, but from a neutral first player point of view the game is actually great.
Huh, makes you think!

Rave, I REALLY want to warn you something about the ending - specifically HOW - but won't unless you want a potential spoiler. I played the first one LONG LONG ago and enjoyed Fable 3 enough to play through it twice. But I doubt I will play it again.

I think I am now suffering from Steam Sale Slumps. I had played a little of LA Noire but is more of a point-n-click adventure minus the point-n-click. Recettear is only for those who like J-RPGs. Stalker is good but for some reason never got enthusiastic for it like similar games (Fallout 3). I wonder about Thief. I got one of them once but it did not work for my OS years ago, and despite it being cheap, for some reason feel *bleah* about it.

I only played the first fable, I don't know much else really.

LA Noire is just point-n-click like patricio said, without the point-n-click. It doesn't really matter if you hit lie or truth every time, you'll still beat the game somehow. Recettear is a great game, and not making the end of the month salary and just starting over again is great! Because you still keep everything, you just start from the beginning! S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Is a good game if you like exploring creepy worlds with creepy monsters and like having limited amounts of ammunition as well as having to worry about starving, sleeping, radiation, etc. The game is really nice if you can get into it and get past the first two hours of walking back and forth. As for Thief, all I can say is that the original game was great, but I didn't get to play it fully unfortunately.

Well thing is... Fable 3 is good if you first played it. And it's definetly not a bad game. But the choices of weapons, armor and such are very low compared to Fable 1. Even the storyline is so limited.
I just think, if they had sticked to the Fable 1 formula, the game would have completely outbeat Fable 1.

And Total War Mega Pack is sooo cheap. XD If anyone who has a strong PC doesn't buy it, I will scream at them.

All those who want to hear a voice recording of Minatei screaming at me, say "I!"

(Actually I have two Total War games... not really my style)

Okay, off to bed. Don't keep me awake Minatei.

I have them all too. XD Sigh still wish you could give away games in Steam. You're not even getting refunds. You're giving them to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom