Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Steam users!

Do you use Steam?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • What's Steam?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I decided to give Gotham Impostors a try the other day and my first game I encounter a moron.
I'm just asking... how do people manage to deal with this kind of thing? Because I need tips. >.<

It seems people who play PvP develop huge egos and become pricks. I really can't stand it.

I play PvP all the time, and honestly, I used to be a dick to EVERYONE, but then I became nice. Now every time I'm nice to people, they throw it back in my face.

But yeah, PvP games aren't worth playing, especially if it's free to play and the community consists of mostly highschoolers and college kids.

Yeah, this really isn't the first time you'll ever encounter an asshole or two. If you've looked at a lot of MMOs like I have, you'll see that there's still a plethora of them out there flaunting themselves like the elitists they are. Me, I try to be nice to 'em. Only until I knock 'em flying or pop 'em right between the eyes. It's absolutely hilarious to hear their reaction. XD

Indeed, sinful. It's an absolute riot to watch and listen as those "calm and collected" pros just simply go insane or get an even bigger kick as they ultimately ragequit from the server or the game.

That's actually one of the two reasons I stopped playing PvPs. The first and probably the biggest... is that my own exgirlfriend turned into an idiot thanks to it. And it ended up affecting me in the end. That's honestly why I have a grudge against them. :/

On the other hand, it happened once that I beat this guy in a game... and he just didn't stop. I won, and he started flaming me. I left, and he began to send me PMs raging at me. >.< I blocked him or it wouldn't stop happening.

Seriously I need a tip to ignore these people. I'm a really a nice girl that's why I'm not an idiot back at them. >.>

Here's a tip: Ignore them an move on. There's a lot of flamers out there on the internet, but if you let them get to you, you're going to just turn into one of them eventually.

All I can say is just don't let it get to you. If you do, they win, and they feed off it.

That's pretty much the same thing I would do. But since I feed off of every single person's anger and BAWWWWing, I just throw it right back into their faces with a simple "u mad bro"? and just watch 'em go even more ballistic while laughing at them.

But since it requires a certain kind of mindset in order to do such a thing, I wouldn't recommend doing it. Besides, it's better to enjoy your victory in silence and a big ol' grin on your face.

Now, I'm not gonna lie. I've seen plenty of this so much everywhere I go that I actually get bored with the whole thing. It's almost as if they're trying to be hip or cool or whatever, but as of recently? Some people like that just suck so much that I wind up laughing at them sarcastically. They usually leave me alone after I've seen them continue to make fools of themselves, but in a general sense, a lot of newfriends and summerfriends these days just don't know how it's really done. It makes me a sad panda.

I guess I shouldn't let the past influence my decision..... :/ ため息

You're both right though. I will just ignore them. And each time I get flamed I will just reply "Right" and instant block them. Sounds mean but... I guess I don't need to stand them.

Though I admit it bothers me when I see them troll on a novice. I admit that's the only time I have offended them myself. But gosh, it keeps making me wow the behaviour of people.

Ima just drop this right here. #Steambaby

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Almightyasskicker

Yes I guess they need you to play 500 hours in a game for them not to pick on you. No lifers...

Speaking of that... "Wow! That's a low price!"
I think the sale is starting tomorrow.

Reason I will never be a PvP fan. Just develops huge egos.

Plus it seems like it's not about having fun anymore. =/ Sucks some developers put so much focus on it and not singleplayer and/or co-op.

This just reminds me of some butthead on xbox live swearing and all this other shit and I put my headset on to say, "So swearing and shit suddenly makes you more awesome at Halo? Shut up and play the game." Silence. <.<

I agree Minatei, it really is upsetting that most games are focusing on multiplayer PvP (whether it's 1v1, or 8v8, or free for all) instead of making people play together as a team to achieve something. Aside from those PvP games, there are games that are co-op, but are relatively short.

Hahvy: LOL! Seems like someone just got +50 awesome points! :D

Well it's the truth. I remember I played League of Legends once. Oh my gosh. :p This guy blamed everyone except himself for the loss.

Oh well. :/ All I can hope is developers realize not everyone likes competing.

HAH! That's the first problem right there. League of Legends has the ABSOLUTE WORST community in the whole world. Everyone there is either a stupid flamer and can't show a little bit of good sportsmanship, or they're elitists that just bash on everyone because they're "pro". I've only seen one professional team in League of Legends that actually showed good sportsmanship towards all the other players, even when they lost horribly or were called out during broadcasts.

I also don't think that's really going to happen... There's so many games out there that are getting more and more popular, and really companies see that people want to just blow shit up, kill people in the most gory way possible, and feel good about it because they beat an actual person. That's why indie games are getting so big right now is because there's a big base of people that want to just relax a bit and have a fun and difficult single-player game to play. In the end though, I doubt any companies are going to make a co-op game with no PvP content whatsoever, it's nearly impossible for most games anyways.

Yes well I mean it's okay. They can put in PvP. But it irritates me they leave out all the singleplayer/co-op content. I think it's more fun just taking our time and fighting together to beat this huge enemy. That would fit in so well with Fallout and a huge Deathclaw. XD

Oh well. But that's the reason I hate PvPs. It's ridiculous sometimes.

Fallout could've benefited from so much, but... Ehh. Whaddaya gonna do?

But since I like you guys so much and this is my real home away from home, here's what I'mma gonna do. I'm gonna post this here link right here and if you guys ever feel like you wanna play a few rounds with me, feel free to hit me up on whatever game you wanna play and I'll be there.

Yeah, not gonna lie about that. :p

Another thing I'm not gonna lie about is the fact that I have an absolute shit-ton of pictures from Garry's Mod. Most of them are mostly potshots I took at buddies around YouTube. They all took it in good stride, though. The rest of which are just WTF moments I spotted in the respective game I was in.

Back
Top Bottom