Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Planescape: Ragnarök [Pathfinder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKhan

Moon
Planescape: Ragnarök

It has been winter for three years. All of Cis-Midgard is covered it snow and ice from the far northern forests to the great planes and jungles of the equator. All bonds of honor and brotherhood are broken, sons kill fathers, husbands leave their wives and the giants have come from Jötunheimr. All around the world, one word is whispered.

Ragnarök

Ragnarök

Ragnarök is coming...

The Destiny of the Gods awaits as the evil rule and the virtuous are enslaved. Like you. Captured by a band of Frost Giants, you have been marching through the mountains, exposed to the elements, and hunting down the last visages of civilization

“Get up maggots!” Shouts the slavemaster as he dumps the bag that holds your equipment in front of you.“The locals say that a powerful wizard has cave-workshop here, so guess who gets to go in and get him? Try not to get yourselves blown up, we want to make a profit here.”

595x796_4379_Frost_Giant_2d_fantasy_giant_girl_woman_warrior_snow_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Setting: Pre-Faction War Planescape. The game will begin on the Prime plane of Cis-Midgard, which is primarily dominated by Norse cultures, but is so large that almost anyone can be found there. The shift to the planes will come early, but Cis-Midgard should still play a role if everything goes according to plan. Also, expect it to be cold.
Edition: Pathfinder, 20 point buy
Starting Level: 1st.
Piazo Books: Core, Ultimates (including Psionics), Advanced Player’s Handbook
WotC Books: Frostburn, Deities and Demigods, Oriental Adventures, Savage Species, Tome of Magic, Liber Mortis, Draconinicon, and the Fiendish Codices are automatically approved. I’ll let you use just about any other source as well, I’m just less familiar with them, so please let me know first.
Other Sources: The Campaign Guide on www.Planewalker.com is also automatically allowed, and indeed required if you join a faction. I’m generally okay with stuff from Dragon Magazine, as long as I can find the issue and review it. 3rd Party DnD books are a bit iffier since they can screw with Pathfinder’s balance.
Races: Any. No really, any. Okay not quite. It needs to be sentient. That’s about it. The Frost Giants haven’t exactly been picky in choosing their slaves. Since Pathfinder generally avoids monster races, I’ll calculate ECL and class levels on my own. If the ECL ends up above 20 or may go against my and/or Blue Moon’s decency judgement, I reserve the right to say no.
Classes: Any from the approved sources.
Alignment: Only heroes need apply berk! Any non-evil.
Factions: Since you’re starting on a Prime, no factions to begin with. To make up for this, when you do join a faction, you can gain one of their feats as a bonus feat.
Religion: Any and I’m okay with the use of Modern Religions if you are respectful. The Norse Pantheon dominates Cis-Midgard, but they are not the only gods by any means.
Slots/Wealth: 4-5 players; first come, first serve. 300 gold pieces.

House Rules:
-Everyone gains two extra skill points per level (eight at first level) which cannot be lost due to low intelligence, raising the minimum per level to 3.
-Everyone can speak common. If you already have it, select a bonus language.

Notes:

-If you don't know what Planescape is, just toss your hat in and come along for the ride. All you need to know is that it tends to be Roleplaying heavy.
-Just a heads up about the setting. Magic can be a little different on the planes, and each plane affects the way spells are cast on it. Sometimes it won’t be easy, but their will be ways of pulling it off. Disregard what the Manual of the Planes says, I’m changing it, especially when it comes to relaxing the whole bans on spells that use the Ethereal and Astral planes. It’s way too restrictive and doesn’t make sense when compared to the rule of fun.
-I’m mostly focused on Roleplaying over combat, but when it happens in this setting, it is intense.
-Don’t let alignments stop you from playing a cool character. The end of the world is a time when strange things happen, so if you want to play something like a demon or a troll as a neutral or good character, go for it and we can justify it later.
-I’m going to be using a mix of classic Planescape adventures and original plot. The major theme is divinity, with a sub-theme of family.
-Obviously smut’s okay, but I’m more focused on roleplaying the adventure itself. That said, the Planes will give you a chance to have some *unique* relationships.
-Finally, if you have the chance and are unfamiliar with Planescape, I strongly suggest you go give the game Planescape: Torment a play. It can be picked up at GoodOldGames.com for ten bucks (and it’s on sale for five right now!). Normally I wouldn’t plug a video game, but this one really, really is good. You can also give Shemeska’s Planescape Storyhour a read over on Enworld. Awesome read, to the point where Todd is now employed by Piazo because of it.

What is Planescape?
Planescape is one of the more unique fantasy settings that TSR came up with in the 90s. It focuses on the immortal realms, or planes, where Gods, Angels, Demons, Elementals, spirits and beings of pure thought reside. As do plain old mortals who have been given the opportunity to live there. Planescape focuses on beliefs, ideas and philosophy as much as it does adventure and glory.

Why play Planescape?
What Planescape offers that many settings don't is sheer versatility in stories. Quite literally, all myths are true in Planescape. One minute you could be streaming scraps from Loki's table, the next you could be petitioning the archangel Gabriel for and ancient scroll. Free slave sold from the Wastes of Athas then barter for good purchased on Middle Earth. With enough influence, you may even try to prove your worth by partying with Dionysius or battling Rakshasas alongside Indra and Rama. The Planes connect to every mortal realm and mortals have a story about it, it likely exists somewhere on the planes.

What type of adult roleplaying would we see in this game?
Really this depends on who wants to play and what they want to see. The only thing I wouldn't be cool with as a game master is anyone under the age of 18 being involved as a player. As I mentioned in my first post, many interesting relationships can be formed, so expect at least some exotic content. I'm not a furry personally, but more than a few fiends and celestials are anthropomorphized animals, and there is at least one NPC such major NPC who's personality would mean she it extremely sexual, so you have been warned. Otherwise, up to you guys really.

I'd very much be interested! It looks like i need to get to work on a character :p

ImperatorK said:
1st level, but you allow trolls and demons?

It's called monster levels ;) Unlike most of the pathfinder team, I'm a big fan Savage Species, and have no plans to stop using it.

To be honest, I'd given up on this thread since no one seemed interested and checked it on a whim today. If there people who want to play, please PM me so I can make contact with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom