Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon Rider: OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a preferred form for anyone in terms of Character Profiles? Here is my preference for this RP, we can add or subtract as needed.

~Name~
~Age~
~Race~
~Hair~
~Eyes~
~Skin~
~Height~
~Weight~
~Marital Status~
~Occupation~
~Dragon~
~Dragon's Color~
~Distinguishing Features~
~History~

Pictures are optional, I prefer description personally.

That character sheet seems fine by me. I was thinking as far as the King's motivation for wanting to kill all the dragons/riders goes is perhaps he was born with the mark, but without a dragon. Instead his mark gives him the ability to absorb the essence of dragons/riders, augmenting and adding to his own power, with the end result being immortality and perhaps divinity. I'm not really sure how that power would manifest itself, beyond maybe particularly powerful sorcery, unnatural physical strength, gradually changing physical appearance etc. etc.

If he were older, then perhaps my character is his son or some such, explaining why he would serve a King hellbent on dragon annihilation in the first place. Like his father, his own mark may be unique. For example, maybe he has two, reflecting the fact that his dragon has twin heads.

What do you think?

I kind of like that idea Phunkenstein. I would think that the best way to do that would be that whatever changed his mark made him need to absorb or feed on dragons and others with the mark, in order to sustain his power and life force. So the more he absorbs the more powerful, and the longer he can sustain himself. Maybe as he absorbs more and more his mark twists and increases to where it starts covering his body or something like that. Just throwing a few ideas out there.

As for the character sheet that seems fantastic!

I do have a question. My knowledge of dragons is limited to a few sources: i.e Dungeons and Dragons, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, and The Hobbit and a few other sources. With that in mind, what were the thoughts that people had about dragons and their colors? Was it purely a cosmetic thing or was it more inherent in determining their nature?

Perhaps the old evil king was born and partnered with a dragon that died; but he didn't die and after years of battling survivors guilt was twisted into the current monster that he is?

Nihilistic, that already happens in Eragon, I'd think it would become too much like ti.

That would work too. I wonder if there isn't a way to combine the two ideas together?

For example when his dragon died, he absorbed the remainder of its life force into his own body and then that knowledge that he could do that made him strive for godhood or something like that.

I think those are all pretty solid ideas. I'm not too worried about anything seeming too much like Eragon, mainly because we're gonna make it way more badass.

So, just to sum it all up for the King. He was born with the Mark but lost his dragon. He could have lost it in battle or something similar, or (since he's supposed to be an evil sum'bitch) we could say he learned how to use his mark to consume the power of his own dragon. It could be that spell/ritual that first warped his mark to allow him to do so to others. As a repercussion however; he will die if he does not continue to absorb the souls. So while each makes him more powerful, and perhaps brings him closer to lifting his curse and ascending into godhood, the longer he goes without souls the deeper his power may wane, until he eventually withers and dies. Basically, his mark and nature as a dragon rider have become vampiric. I also like the idea of the mark spreading out to cover his body, perhaps gradually giving him a more demonic appearance.

I kind of like the fact that he consumed his own dragon. Like he's willing to go to any length to obtain power.

All of that sounds fantastic so far. Any thoughts on magic or the like? I would imagine for the purposes of the RP we would want to limit magic as much as possible, but should we still have it? And if so what were people thinking about how its used?

O.O wow. ya'll have been busy! lol. I like all of the above ideas, what I had in mind in terms of Marks though is that it is unique in every single rider. My character for instance, her mark will look like a tattoo that covers her entire back. Others could be something similar, a scale or two upon their body, dragon eyes instead of human, so on and so forth. In terms of the old king who shall henceforth be referred to as Conor until someone can come up with a better name for him :D, I like the idea that whatever his mark his, will grow as he consumes more and more of the life force of Dragons and their Riders.

It looks as though I've more than enough people for this RP, I'll make up a Profile thread, and a IC thread, order of posting will depend upon the order of the profiles. I'll PM everyone the link.
Nihilistic_Impact said:
Perhaps the old evil king was born and partnered with a dragon that died; but he didn't die and after years of battling survivors guilt was twisted into the current monster that he is?

-points up- Sorry hon, this is a bit too much like Eragon and since I want this RP to be quite different from it, we'll be going with the idea that he never had a Dragon, though he was born with the mark.

-points up- Sorry hon, this is a bit too much like Eragon and since I want this RP to be quite different from it, we'll be going with the idea that he never had a Dragon, though he was born with the mark.

Ah, so no "killing his own dragon?" as opposed to losing it by accident?

Anyways, Redking also brought up the coloring of dragons and if they determined their heirarchy/power. I don't know how you all feel, but personally I always felt that was kind of lame. This way, our dragons can appear how we want them to. Thoughts?

I was going to go ahead with the idea that my character is the son of Connor (that name works for me), however I'm not quite sure if I want Valerik (my character) to start off as openly against the other riders or masquerading as their ally. Probably that latter, since so far it looks like I'm the only villain and this way I'll be able to interact with the other characters off the bat. And it'll be a slap in the face when he shows his true colors. I was going to say that Connor's history is largely unknown and that he took the surname Dragonsbane when he stole his throne. Thus, no one (save perhaps a rare few) know of his son, Valerik Einmendes. Probably won't have my profile up until tonight, busy day today.

Dragons will appear how we want them, in color, shape and size.

@Phunkenstein: We'll see how that works out, but I do like the idea of not many, with the exception of a few, know that he has a son, this way, you would be able to interact easily with everyone else's characters.

With this in mind, @everyone else: We are not to play off that there are suspicions, unless Phunkenstein purposely makes our characters suspicious of him, and none of our characters know of the existence of Conor's son. I probably shouldn't have had to say it, but I've found in the past, that regardless of the RP, when you bring a group together, you often risk becoming involved with folks who like to play "Know-it-all characters", I really don't want that to be the case please. Thanks! And I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone.

Indeed. If we would have gone with only enemy dragons, maybe.

And will they, next to having longer lives, and an awesome mount, have other extra's?

Magic. There are limits however. The usual kind. It'll be much like using physical muscles, after a bit, especially with using muscles that aren't used to exertion, you will become fatigue. Same with magic, the greater amount used, therefore greater amount of energy used, the more fatigued you and your Dragon become and the longer you will recuperate. The more experienced the Dragon and Rider are, the more they can do in terms of magic. I'll steal a page from Eragon too, as I rather liked the limitations he put in for the series. If you do not use the energy that comes from yourself or that you have stored in gems (as they are most common wherever you go), then it has to come from somewhere, life around you. Armies of ants could die, smaller animals, plant life, so on and so forth, I'm sure you get the picture that the more energy is required for whatever magic, the more you risk lives to being taken.

Heh, well I have an idea.

Thinking of doing a character who instead of fighting to survive is fighting to conquer. So jaded and sick of the petty affairs of the lower creatures he wants to bring them under the power of the dragon.

o.o basically be the good guy version of Conor?

Speaking of Conor. We can't kill him unless we have another bad guy to face.. and I'm just wondering if anyone can be sick, twisted, sadistic and narcissistic? ^^ more than welcome to play Conor if you can.

I would be completely up for playing a villain :p I can even make one of my existing ones one, or Conor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom