Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Wombat (jjfanrb and Wingshadow)

"Hmmm. I suppose that might be the case. But my mother, she was no ordinary woman. She was the most stealthy of us all. But like I said she was crushed. It could've been anything,not just the power that you weild. My father and I only came here to investigate, and kill the person who did it. Perhaps ......" a chill ran up his spine as he had a very scary thought. "Sorry but will you mind if I swing by my place. Ihave a really bad feeling that my dad's in grave danger."

"W-what kind of guy asks to take a girl he hardly knows to a place you think might be dangerous?" Alice tilted her head to the side slightly, "You really are a strange guy."

"I won't stop you if you decide to go there, but all I really want is to live a normal life like a normal girl and grow up to have a normal family with a normal husband," Alice waved her right finger in the air, "I don't want to become involved in things that don't concern me and could potentially make my desires to live normally impossible."

"OK. Then I understand. I can drop you off where ever you like then
." He hadent expected her go with. He had just hoped she would.His cell phone vibrated iin his pocket. It was a text from his father. It read

Don't go home. They found us. Find a place to hide until I say otherwise.

Damn. He had no place to hide. "Umm. Do you know a place where I could hide for a wile? They found our house. "

"Why would you ask me something like that?" Alice was feeling more an more uncomfortable around him, and slightly fidgeted in her seat. It certainly was a valid question considering that someone was evidently chasing after him or perhaps his entire remaining family. At this point, she didn't know and the situation was quickly getting out of hand.

She couldn't bring him to her house or her father would most certainly get the wrong idea... As her father would instantly put him through various trials to see if he is "worthy" of his only daughter without even listening to Alice's attempts to properly explain things. He also didn't want to just let him sort things out for herself since she was worried about this young man's safety. Then, she suddenly got an idea that would solve both their problems.

"Fine, I'll take you in as my subordinate," Alice said out of the blue, "that way you will receive the protection of my father's organization and a place to stay for the time being. Just don't ever let my father suspect that there is something between us, or he will string you up with barbed wire over a shark pit before interrogating you as to your intentions concerning me."

She pointed toward the next intersection, "Take a right here, then after two lights take a left. AFter that go straight until you reach my house. It should be the large one on the right. When we stop there, get out and open the door for me before I get out, then do not approach the house until I motion for you to do so. If you were to approach with me, it would be seen as me considering you my equal, got it?"

Alice really disliked having to go through with this, but it was the only option she could think of.

He didn't question her demands. He didn't really have a choice. She was his only lifeline. He followed her directions until he found himself parked in front of s huge manor.
"Thank you so much, Alice. You have a kind heart. I will repay you somehow, I promise. I owe you my life. "

"Don't thank me until you see what this path is like... Its not an easy life, but at least you won't be killed as easily," Alice waved off his thanks, not because she didn't appreciate his words but because it embarrassed her. He was thinking her for becoming his master? As the car pulled into the driveway two men walked up to the sides of the car. They didn't seem to be armed, but Alice knew better. She rolled down the window and looked at them firmly.

"Inform my father that I wish to see him immediately," she said then rolled the window back up, waiting for her new "subordinate" to do his part.

Troy slowly drove the truck down the driveway, once the gates had opened. He didn't understand any of this, so he was simply following along. Doing as he was told. That's what he had been doing all of his life. He was signaled to stop by a gaurd, as he pulled up to the mansion. And as he was instructed, he got out of the car and opened the door for Alice. And then stood there as she got out.

"Thanks," Alice replied in a coy manner before walking up to the house. Like she said she would, she did not hessitate or even indicate that he should follow her as she walked up into the house. Two guards stood on either side of the impressive front door and watched Troy carefully as Alice discussed with her father...

"So, you have finally started to accept your family herritage?" Alice's father grinned, "I knew it was in your blood! Bring him in, bring him in. I would like to personally greet my daughter's first underling... So, how did you subdue him, exactly?"

"It was actually more of an accident... I deflected a baseball toward his head and it scared him so much that he pledged his alegience to me right there on the spot," Alice mixed some truth as well as fantasy into her explanation, but her father probably wouldn't have doubted her even if she had made the entire situation up herself.

"Alright then, call him in," her father raised his hands and the two guards at the gate brought Troy inside and set him down before the large and imposing man who stood beside Alice.

"This is my father," she said calmly, "Although you will be hearing your orders from myself, he also has indirect authority through me so it would probably be best to do as he says as well... You will be staying in the room beside mine for the time being and will help me prepare for school each morning. That is all."

Alice's father bent over and looked over Troy carefully before rubbing his head with his large hand, "I think we will get along just fine... But if you ever try anything funny with my daughter I swear I will tie you up, encase your feet in cement, and drop you off into the harbor without a second thought."

"Oh Dad, you kidder," Alice gave a wary smile, knowing very well that he would do it if he had the slightest suspicion that the young man had violated his daughter (unwillingly or otherwise).

"Yes sir. I understand. " Troy said with a hint of fear. Her father was huge. His arms were as big as tree trunks and he stood just under seven foot.
"Yes. I am glad you do." Her father said in his deep voice, then walked away.
"Damn. Now I know why nobody can talk to you at school."

"Yeah... That's one of the reasons. I don't feel comfortable knowing that they will probably get interrogated or possibly killed under strange circumstances if anyone but girls were to become my friends.. Its sort of a strange obsession of his," Alice showed him around her house a bit and waved away the guards as they passed through the kitchen, the hallways, the garden, the back porch, and finally reaching her room.

"Well, this is my room!" she opened the door and revealed a distinctly feminine little place as the walls were painted a feminine green and were lined with small stuffed animals. On the far side of the room sat her bed, which had a thick curtain hung over it and large frilly pillows stacked up on top. She had a bookcase full of novels of various sorts and a desk opposite her bed. Other than those few items, it was pretty bare to say the least. Her clothes were all neatly stacked into her closet and out of sight.

"Nice pad. I see you like stuffed animals." He stood at the door unsure if he could go in. He noticed that it was exeptionly simple for one so wealthy. He had noticed that for the entire establishment. It had no high tech ecurity or locks. No cameras . Nothing to high tech. Well, at least not anything he could see.
"Do you have any pets?"

"Well, there is my father's doberman... But he's really not my pet. He's more like the family watchdog," Alice thought for a moment, "Why do you ask? Do you have a dog too?"

She wanted to have a normal conversation with a guy for once, without having to scare him off for fear of the consequences. Of course, she still had to be careful as her father's sharp ears where ever-present and would act on a moment's notice.

"Well....I used to. He was a Siberian husky, named Duke. He was a good dog. But he died at the hand of who ever killed my mother. I never was much of a cat person, but I always wanted a parrot or a hawk. It would be useful for hunting. We kept Duke around for security perposes. He never failed us.....whoever got past him the last time must have been very good. " he was silent fora moment be for asking "so what do you do for fun around here? "

"I'm sorry to hear about your dog. He must have been a really cute and faithful fellow..." she looked away, not sure how to respond exactly.

"Um, for fun I read, mostly," Alice replied, "I also hang out with some of my friends from school when I have a free schedule, but lately I've been trying to keep myself from getting too close to them. I wouldn't want them to get dragged into my family business due to my selfishness. What about you?"

Usually I hunt, swim and practice martial arts. And I meditate at least an hour a day. I hope it won't get in the way.." he hesitated before continuing. "My whole life has changed in just a matter of hours. I suppose I will have to learn your ways. What exactly is my role again? "

"Heh, well, that's the thing... You really have no particular role. Just act all big and tough and me my gofer-boy I suppose. My dad usually has his thugs participate in what he calls 'strategic engagements' which is just a fancy way of saying 'capturing ground previously claimed by other groups' and the like. I suppose you could walk to school with me each morning and stuff," Alice shrugged, "We aren't too strict on where you can go or what you can do as long as you don't bother any of the other organization members or stir up trouble with the other groups in the area."

"I see. I will do the best I can I promise you. "He was sure he could do as she asked. His dad was in hiding and he had no choice. He owed her his life, and it was the least he could do. He finally had a use for all these years of training, and he would use it well.

"There is no need to be so serious," Alice patted him on the back a bit forcefully, perhaps not realizing her own strength, "Come on, let me show you your new room."

She walked out of the door and into the room just next to her own. It was empty but very clean, almost exactly the same size as Alice's but without a bed, desk, or bookshelf of course.

"Do you need anything? We could go shopping and pick up a few necessities if its too dangerous for you to go back home and get your things," Alice offered, already feeling more comfortable around him, "But if there is something really important we could always head over there with some of the guys."

"Well....there is one thing. A katana, hand made to fit my skill and body. But its hidden. No one will find it." He looked around the room. "Um do I have to sleep on the floor?"

"We could get you a sleeping bag without much trouble. There has got to be one around the house, so let me find it for you, alright?" Alice laughed, "So don't worry about sleeping on the cold, bare floor."

"Ya. That's cool. Thats pretty much it..." he had plenty of room in here to practice martial arts, but he still needed to stay in shape. "Do you guys have a weight room by chance? "

"Why of course," Alice stuck her chest out like a man would, in order to be somewhat comical, "What sort of half-baked organization do you think we are? We are better outfitted than most gyms in the entire district, with a dojo, a exercise mat, a weight room, and a room with enough treadmills and press machines for every single member to be working out at the same time. My dad doesn't kid around when it comes to physical fitness... Say, would you like to spar with me?"

"I promise to go easy on you," she laughed, "and don't worry about hurting me either, you can just try to touch me if you are worried that a direct hit might leave a mark."

He smiled the thought of him getting beat to hell by a girl half his size, and if he hadn't seen what she could do, he might have laughed at the idea. But he knew better.
"Ya lets do it."
She led him to a room with a wooden floor and canvas walls. It was her dojo. He took off his shirt to prevent anything from slowing him down. He streached his core and arms getting limbered up as he always did before sparing with his dad. His dad. He felt sadness rush over him. This would be the first spar with one other than his dad. He took a deep breath and for a moment cleared his mind.

Alice walked to the back of the dojo and changed into a plain white gi with a white belt tied around her middle to keep it from falling open. It was loosely fitted to allow her to move about with ease, but as it had a V-cut neck it showed off a bit of cleavage. Her bare feet stepped silently toward him and she widened her stance slightly as she approached him.

"A point is gained upon pinning your opponent down or landing a direct blow on the torso," Alice briefly went over the rules of the spar, "No bone-breaking, joint dislocating, eye-jabbing, or biting. All other moves and techniques are allowed."

She held her position firmly as if waiting for him to make the first move.

He positioned himself as well. He slowly cocked her, waiting for her to move, or give any sign of weakness. But he saw none. Quickly feinting to the right he jabbed, targeting her torso. She easily dodged his first attack and blocked his second .

Back
Top Bottom