Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You play WHAT!?

Reason why I said I would not have done the mask is a trend thing. Masks are fairly popular, thus I stand out more for not having the mask than I would with the mask. I tend to do a lot of research, looking through character profiles for various trends just so I can know which ones I want to follow and which ones I want to break. I tend to find characters that have a significant visual difference from others is easier to keep track of and more interesting to me. Though masks aren't so popular I'd put them up on a Definitely Don't Do It list.

Besides, RPing online has shown me that all Japanese people are in fact 6' tall or taller. Documentaries, movies, text books, it's all just a cover up. Anyone you know who went to Japan and said they were short was clearly bought off/extorted by the Japanese Conspiracy. They don't want us to know they're breeding a race of giant super soldiers with magical ninja arts.

Hehe, yeah; just saying, cliches (imo) arn't something which automatically make something uninteresting. The whole reason something becomes ingrained into a culture is because it becomes common and cliche to the point that you imagine it when you think it. Like Elves with pointy ears. Or the daughter of Zeus wearing clothing with lightning bolts on it. Porcelian masks are one of my favourite Japanese symbols; and beats the Hell out of everyone raving and having characters with those PoS katanas. =P

Masks are also the mark of ANBU. She wore a plain mask with no definitions to it - so she wouldn't be picked out of a crowd as easily. That and she was tired of scaring children and making them cry. She actually loves child - but has never been able to hold one without is screaming in terror.

Back
Top Bottom