Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Payback's a Bitch (Cevl and Shards)

Shards~Of~Roses

Supernova
fighter.jpg

Mina walked through the crowds giving greets as she was told. It was the celebration for her older brother's return from the war against a neighboring kingdom. While she wasn't happy that it seemed violence followed after misunderstandings when it came between kingdoms. It still seemed that while she understood this no one would listen to her fro one of either two reasons, she was a female or that she was the younger of the two. As she would keep up the fake smiles and welcomes to other nobles she finally got a small break as she headed to get a breathe of fresh air.

Her staff hit the floor with each step she it would clink again the tile floor. She had her staff with her at all times. She sometimes would even need it, she had a few medical conditions that had her having attacks. It was the reason why she wasn't allowed out of the castle. Most girls her age would have been sent out to find a prince for her to marry but no one wanted a princess who had sudden attacks. It wasn't her fault that her heart didn't seem to work right. Though to her she never felt like that was the only think different from her, as it always seemed she had a different way of thinking. She could understand a kingdom's want for trade of food and materials and couldn't understand why to go to war against them just because of a difference in their kingdom's belief in one god or that of many. To her all that would matter is that people don't die from lack of food because of such things, then again with what her brother did they won't die from such things if they only vow their souls to what she and her people believe in. It seemed to everyone else that was the right thing to do, yet to her she felt it was wrong.

(Alright you can come in at anytime)

Inbetween the entourage of the prince was a soldier, cloaked, his face hidden from view, as was his tail. The tall, broad Argonian (yes, stolen from skyrim) looked a lot like a human in this form, the only differences were scales and claws on his hands and feet, a tail on his back, and eyes with slit pupils, like that of a reptile or a cat. He could become a full human, or a full dragon, with fair ease, but at the moment didn't have the concentration to do that, as though it was easy, it needed a bit of concentration to hold that form, that's why he preferred the middle piece.

He had himself enlisted into the princes army in one of the barracks at the neighbouring kingdom, and had worked himself up enough to be allowed to walk in with him here. Of course it had all been a facade, just to get close to the princess, but no-one but him knew. Of course his mother had known too, as she had thought this up while she was still alive. If need be he would be capable of kidnapping her easily, destroying the castle in the process, but he wanted to know more about her first. He had heard nearly as little about her as the other way around.

As the prince got into the celebration he took his complete human form, and pulled the hood of his cloak down, revealing a face women would swoon over, would they not have to act like the prince was the best man in the room. He had soon found out the princess, one because of the attention she received, and two because she didn't seem to fit in with the rest, just like he did. When she went outside to a balcony he went after her after a couple of minutes, to not look suspicious. He stepped outside, and made a small bow for the princess, to look respectful, and hide the hatred in his eyes for one of the people of the line that had murdered his people, but when he looked up he hid it again, something he had gotten well in during his service in the army. "Sorry, your highness, I didn't know you were standing here. Do you mind if I stand here with you, or should I go back?

Mina looked up towards him as she heard his footsteps. She wasn't shocked someone came out where she was only as she saw that it was a male she was a little shocked. "oh no feel free to get some fresh air. I'm sure you need it" she said as she bowed her head back towards him only as she couldn't really bow well with how she was feeling at the moment. She was about to actually sit down on the chairing out there. As she turned her attention back to the sitting she moved quickly to take a seat in one of the chairs. Leaning forward she held the staff against her chest as she laid her head against it as well. "How did the war really fair?" she asked him as she wanted to know the truth on the matter. She thought as she saw how he was actually a solider he might tell her the truth.

The man followed the woman with his eyes, resting his hands behind him on the balcony reeling. When she asked him about the war he shrugged. He wouldn't euphemise it just for the frailness of the woman. He was honest and direct, most of the time. "Like every war goes, people die, blood everywhere, and no matter how much you try to organize things, it all ends up in chaos, where it doesn't matter if you are the prince or a ambitious farmer, you just want to live." He said, capturing the war in a sentence. "There is no Glory, just Fear and Pain, and Hope that you'll survive the next battle." From what he saw now, the woman was frail and beautiful, and with both more then a normal woman would be.

Mina listened to him as she heard him start to speak of the war. She gave a soft sigh as she closed her eyes and let her mind slip into what he was talking about. The fear and yet the hope that they would live only to know hoping for that meant the death of others. "I would hate such a feeling. To force someone to hope for life with the knowledge it would be only at the death of others." she said as she opened her eyes to look to him. She didn't know what to think for how it would be. "Such things shouldn't be" she said yet her voice was lowers on that statement. She knew many soldiers actually believed that they needed to kill to keep their beliefs alive. Only the way she thought a belief and ideal could never die. Not like a person could die.

"Maybe it shouldn't be, but you can't stop it. If you stop fighting, someone comes over to attack you instead, it's a circle, and not a good one." The man said. He stood up from leaning against the railing and walked over to the chairs, sitting on one next to her. "But we shouldn't be here to talk about such grim stuff, 'tis a celebration, is it not?" he said.
Some way his body would make hers feel better, make her feel less weak, and less out of place than before. Later she might think it was because she belonged with him, which was actually the truth, though she couldn't know that. It was one of the other effects of the curse, that she would only feel well around the other one in it.

As he moved to sit next to her she gave a sigh as she seemed to relax in a way she had never felt before. "Well I have to say that circle should never been started" she said as she hated the last thing he said. "how can someone celebrate the fact that we just forced our beliefs down the throat of those who just wanted to have something to eat" she said as she shook her head looking to the party. "This wasn't right yet at the same time I'm grateful of those who survived no matter which side." she said as she then looked back to him. "Might I ask your name?" she asked after a pause of looking to him. She had realized she hadn't asked such things or that she had actually never been introduced to him, while she was sure that he knew who she was after all he had given her the proper title before.

"There's not much to be done about it now." The man said, shrugging again. "And if you'd like to know how, ask any of the people inside, they can quite possibly tell you. For me, it's because I have to, and I sometimes make a small sacrifice to the gods for the dead on both sides." He realized that he hadn't told her his name too, so when she asked it he had his answer ready. "My name is a pretty foreign one, Fayndo Kulaas (Fayn Do Kulaas, Bane of Princess in the dragon language of skyrim), you've probably never heard something like it before. And everyone knows who you are, princess." He said.

Giving a nod Mina knew that he had a point. "Yeah I guess you have a point with that sadly" she said as she shook her head knowing her parents and brother were part of that group. I think I'm only happy that its finally over. I just hope we don't have another war anytime soon. Its not something I want" she said to him though as he gave her, his name she thought on it. "Its rather nice to hear such a unique name" she said to him as she really wasn't that sure what she could do with her name being so well known and now popular.

The man smiled when she complimented him on his name, if she only knew what it meant... "Well, your name is nice too, though a tad bit less unique." he said, giving a small, faked smile at her, like the ones she was very good at. He didn't know what to think of this woman just yet, she seemed rather nice, but still someone stuck-up, and she had given him barely any reason to hate her less.

As she heard what he said about her name she gave a laugh. "Yes I do believe its not a very unique name" she stated as she looked up to the stars. "Its a beautiful night" she said as she saw the clouds part and show the stars. As she looked to the stars she noticed the different constellations in the sky. She always seemed to look up to the stars at night. Though as she looked up she suddenly heard her brother calling for her. Her head shot towards the door as a slight fear appeared in her eyes. While she was in fact the princess there was more than just one secret in the royal family. "Excuse me" she said as she recovered getting up and already feeling weaker once more. "Have a good night" she said as she gave a soft bow towards him before rushing off towards her brother.

The man had noticed the sudden change into the woman, and decided he'd need to investigate it. Maybe he'd also find a good secluded spot he could take her away from. "You have a good night to, maybe later tonight the two of us will watch the same stars again." He said, smiling slightly at her. Not too long after she left, he stood too, and headed inside again, trying to find her again, and follow her. His feet had the light tread of one who was used to hunting, and he could easily go through the partygoers and after the princess if he saw her. It appeared to him there was something in need to be found by someone.

Mina rushed towards her brother still as she got further away she felt that new found strength fade. "You called" she said as her brother was off to the side as she stood in front of him her head down. "I believe it is time for you to come with me" he said to her as he took her hand and started to pull her deeper into the castle. Only she knew this wasn't good. Her brother while acted nice and sweet was actually one to take her to do as he wished. While she usually was saved by one thing or another, usually her parents, with the both of them at the celebration she knew it most likely wouldn't happen. "Must you please brother don't do this" she said to him only to feel him twist her arm. She gave a cry of pain as she fell to her knees the staff clattering to the floor as he pushed her down and towered over her. "I am the next king you will remember this. You are nothing but a curse on this kingdom" he stated as he always did to her.

The man was capable of going after them, only once needing to ask someone directions for where the two of them had gone. When he had found the two in the dungeons of the castle, he stayed in the shadows behind the doorway, listening to what happened. He pulled the hood back over his head, and made his body go to it's normal state again. He wondered what was going on in there, but he didn't risk looking. With what he heard he'd probably get to know enough already. With the thing about the curse of her brother he wondered if he knew about the prophecy, if they both knew about it. He'd quite possibly soon get to know.

Mina gave a slight whimper as her arm was already starting to bruise. "If you were fit for this kingdom, then you wouldn't even need such things to keep standing" he said as he kicked the staff away. Mina could feel an attack coming as her chest started up in pains. "Want to know something little sis?" he asked as he gave a smirk. "I sold you" he stated though this was something no one knew about only the prince and king of the other kingdom they just came out of war with. "Only I can't have mother and father come looking for you now can I" he asked with a sick smirk on his face as he gripped her wrist harder as she gave a cry as he picked her up by the arm. He held her off the ground as she winced from the pain only to feel him throw her into the wall with a sick crack she slid down the wall knocked out. "So now to make you die and send you to him" her brother stated as he was planning to fake her death and then blame it on the Dragons to claim someone must have been alive. "Now how to make it look like one of them" he thought as he tried to think on how the dragons once killed. "Fire would be easy." he stated. "Only I can't really kill you sis after all the king is wanting you" he stated.

The man couldn't help but feel bad for the girl by the way she was treated by her brother. Even if she was from a terrible line she shouldn't be handled like this. It would be better if he would just have tried to kill her, as no matter how hard he tried, how much blood she lost, she'd live, so was the prophecy. He had to at least help her, and if someone got burned on the way he didn't mind. He stepped inside the room, once he was inside his body suddenly exploding into a mass of flesh and scales, going to his grand form. "I could tell you how to make it look like a dragon did it." He said, his words barely human, and infused with a power which could bend the world would he want to let it out.

As Fayndo came into the room her brother was shocked no doubt. Only as he saw that it was in fact a dragon he moved quickly to his side going to where his sword would be only since he had come in his tradition wear he didn't have it. "Damn it where did you come from" he growled out slowly trying to step back to grab a sword from the wall. "Came to kill the bitch uh?" he asked. "Fine kill her, she can't be queen and won't be if I have anything to do with it anyway." he said with a smirk as he really wasn't that much worry about him making it through as the curse never spoke of him. Only the death of his sister.

"yes, I'm here to kill the bitch." The man said. his mouth became near to a grin, when he suddenly spouted fire out of his mouth. One who listened could hear him saying Yol Toor Shul while breathing fire, ancient words of power. It overwhelmed all of the room, but while everything in the room got incinerated, the princess was strangely unharmed, only her clothes had been reduced to ashes. He then grabbed the woman in his claws, and flew through the window, plus a couple of feet of the walls beside it, as it really wasn't big enough. "I don't think you would've wanted to stay there anyways." he said.

The prince was shocked as the room was suddenly engulfed with fire. Screaming out in pain he died quickly as she laid there untouched yet now nude. As she was picked up and flown away she gave a slight whimper at the coldness of the wind yet as she actually curled into his claws she felt the warmth of his scales and relaxed somehow. It was strange the way she was towards him and yet to her it felt good that way.

The dragon noticed she was cold, and cradled her to his chest as if on instincts, keeping her warm. If she laid her head against his chest she'd feel the beating of his heart through it. After a while of flying they landed on a field, where there were a tent, a few storage places, and a small pile of wood, which he soon breathed to fire. He laid her down before going behind a tent where he changed to human and got dressed, his soldier clothing having gotten ripped when he had changed.

As she was laid down and he walked away she gave a whimper as he was away from her she felt the pain of the hit to her head, her brother had given her. Within a few moments she was starting to wake up as the pain stayed to wake her. Only as her eyes opened she saw the fire and that she was on the ground, though the moment she noticed she was nude she screamed out in shocked.

Behind the fire the man was, both couldn't see the others through the flames. He was busy repairing some of his clothes with needle and thread, something he had learned from his mother, who had been adamant that men should also learn those things. When he heard the scream he couldn't help but smile slightly, as it seemed to be one of shock, not of pain. "Anything wrong?" he asked.

As she heard someone speak she looked about trying to figure out where the voice had came from. "Where are my clothes!" she cried out as she tried to cover herself. She was grateful for the fire as she was sure without it she would be cold. Yet as she tried her best to cover herself she was grateful for the fact she also had such long hair that made the task a little easier.

"Well, it kind of got reduced to ashes a few hours ago." The man said, "If you want you can look in that chest over their, my mother's old stuff's still in there.
If she looked she'd find all kind of clothes. The oldest things were mostly dresses, but the newer it got, the more practical it became.

Mina gave a nod of her head as she turned to look. Sure enough as she saw the outfits she gave a soft sigh happy that at least she would wear something. Yet as she picked something out. It was a slanted skirt with tights under and a corset over a off the shoulder top the shirt, the skirt and shirt were both a black while the corset and tights were something of a red that matched her hair. "Thank you" she said. While she wasn't use to wearing something like this as it showed off more than she was use she gave a sigh. "Staff" she spoke and while most didn't know this through the curse she had been granted a few good things. Within a moment the staff once left behind slowly started to materialize in front of her. As it took form her hand came out and gripped it.

Back
Top Bottom