Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A farmer's bargain ( Wolvenrogue and Talin)

As the girls started on their chores, we heard the crack of a rifle, first once and then a moment later again. Half-an-hour later, Robert appeared at the door the barn but to skinned and cleaned rabbits. He set them on the table, and then called up to the loft where the girls were working "your meat is sitting on the table. You should get it in the pot soon the floor the flies get to it" he said "it should work just fine in your hash, and there's probably enough to make stew for dinner. I'll be out in the field planting corn, get me when lunch is ready." Robert had been doing a good deal more hunting lately to supplement their meat supply, since grain was running short, and he had to sell some of the cattle to buy seed so that he could replant crops.

The sun was hot, and with the still saturated ground, the temperatures over the fields were stifling, and the air like a steam bath. Robert soon had his shirt off, and was working only in his shorts, his toned body taking a healthy tan as well. He had worried that first day, that Opel would not be willing or able to do what the farm required, much less be a fit wife, but what he has shown him the last 24 hours, made those worries disappear. He knew that the farm would be a good teacher, and Opel has shown herself a willing student. He couldn't ask anymore of her. Knowing that she was there to support him at the end of the day, and was caring for Jade, let him work all the harder, and accomplish more.

Smiling Opal rushed to the side to thank him, but he’d already gone. Tucking in the final corner she situated Robert’s pillow on the bed, while Martha placed hers. “I have all the ingredients ready for bread, the sack of flour is in a barrel down stairs and everything else is ready.” Placing Jade in the basket she lowered her gently and then climbed down. Upon seeing the rabbits she almost gagged.

Martha giggled, “I’ll show you how to take care of these.”

Opal watched hiding her face at times while Martha spitted a rabbit and tossed the other in a pot with a bit of water, explaining it would brown and be good for the stew. Martha instructed her from there on how to make the bread, which she soon learned was quite easy. While kneading the bread she wondered why Martha’s eyes kept trailing off. Not seeing a thing from her vantage point she assumed maybe it was just her way. Hearing Jade begin to cry she hurried and finished then took her up to the loft for her nap. Seeing Robert in the field in just his shorts she understood what Martha’s eyes had been finding.

Taking the soiled garments out from the barn she put them in the kettle with a measure of soap like Robert had shown her and began to move them around. Watching Martha turn her head with what she now knew to be each of her husband’s movements she wanted to scream, but she did not wish to act out and anger Robert. Tossing the dough into a loaf pan she used the poker and an upturned pot became an oven. Smiling at her brilliance she moved the garments to the trough and rinsed them thoroughly. Wringing them out she moved to the clothing line. “I could use your help for a moment, can you separate the sheets and place them in the kettle for me.” Watching from behind the diaper she was hanging she knew the instant Martha knew what was on the sheets. Smiling she moved to her side,” I will take it from here.” She noticed Martha remain quiet for the rest of the chores before lunch.

Perching Jade on her hip she moved to the field, “Robby, lunch is ready. Martha isn’t feeling well so she walked home. I offered your assistance but she said no. She is a sweet girl; I think she might have a bit of a crush on you.” Saying nothing more about it she bounced the baby on her hip and headed back to the barn. That was the exact conversation, though Opal knew it was because the woman could not face him. It was saying he was taken without actually saying it. “Tell him Jade, tell Daddy to hurry.” The little one babbled in her spot on the hay, having pulled some potatoes out she had mashed them well with a fork and added a bit of the milk to make them smoother. They sat in a small bowl at the edge of the table with a spoon.

Robert came in from the field, his skin slick with a sheen of sweat, from the hard work of steering the Harrow behind a horse, as he planted corn. He had planted 3 acres that morning, and was pleased with his progress, but his muscles were aching and he was very thirsty. "I need some water" he said panting as he reached seat of the barn. Hearing Opels comment about Martha, he replied "she's just a girl, and the silly one at that." His tone showing no interest in Martha whatever except that she was able to help.

Robert sat at the table with a tin cup and pitcher of water that Opel had provided, and drink one cup of water after another trying to quench his thirst. "The Hash smells good" he said as he sat in the shade waiting for lunch to be served. "I'll definitely need a bath this evening" he said "or you won't want to share a bed with me! The air over the field is sticky and with no wind it is stifling."

Robert watched in pleasant amazement as Opel set the table before him while balancing Jade on her hip as though she'd done it all her life. The girls a quick learner, and was quickly becoming a far better wife than he had ever expected. As she passed by him, he leaned over and kissed her careful not to get his sweat on her clean clothing. Cleaning up would've been a waste of time, since as soon as his lunch was over he would be back out in the field again and try to plant for more acres before sundown. He wanted to finish cleaning up the house so they need not live in a barn, but he knew that the corn had to go on the ground first or come winter they would starve. He This concern to himself, knowing it was his job to provide for the family not Opel's, and he didn't want to worry her.

Serving him up a few scoops of the heated morsels, she then grabbed the pitcher and refilled it. Pouring herself a glass and refilling his. Breaking the fresh bread she laid a chunk next to his hash and caring not about her clean clothes and his sweaty body pressed her lips to his fully. “I shall work up a sweat this afternoon.” She stated before moving to her seat. Filling her own plate she lifted a forkful to her mouth before bending to retrieve Jade. Situating the little one on her lap she fed her a spoon of the potatoes she’d mashed. “A bite for you a bite for me,” she whispered to the wiggling child.

“Martha showed me a way to make a sling for Jade so when I am moving about she is secure, I may just allow her to play on her belly, she seems to enjoy that. I can begin washing some of the items you drug from the house yesterday at least in this heat the mud can be scraped off and then things wiped down, at least that is what Martha told me her family is doing.” Pursing her lips in thought her blue eyes fluttered a moment. “She is walking over after breakfast tomorrow, she mentioned it would be best since you need to get the crop in before winter. She also offered to watch Jade to allow me to help if need be.” Shifting her gaze to Jade’s bottle she groaned, “I have yet to make butter, but in this heat I don’t know how well that will go, should I wait?”

"The hash is excellent!" he said. "you should only make as much butter as you need for the day, it will never keep. I think I'd rather you looked after Jade if you don't mind. You do such a wonderful job, and I much rather she had her own mother." I'll get the corn in alright, and a few extra days in the barn won't kill us. He ate his bread and a second helping of hash, then swallowed another cup of water to wash it down. He kissed Opel and smiled at Jade and then headed back out to the field.

Robert worked hard that afternoon, and evening, not stopping till he began to lose his light. The weather was even hotter in the afternoon, and by the time he returned home his shorts were soaked with the sweat that ran off his back and chest. He returned to the barn tired and sweaty but feeling good that he had planted five more acres that afternoon. When he came in the door, he sank into a chair at the table, and was glad to see dinner ready and waiting. The lantern already lit and sitting on the table. Not seeing Jade, he assumed she was already in bed.

Thinking about the butter she hadn’t thought about that, Martha had thought she might need some to fry eggs in the morning but she could use the grease from the bacon the other day to do that so thought wiser of it. Before Martha ran off Opal had picked her brain of ideas for easy meals. Nodding she understood what he was saying, “I just thought…” she trailed off, for now the barn was fine, but winter would soon be approaching and that would not be good. Finishing her own meal she rose and cleared the table after he left. Changing Jade she coaxed her into an afternoon nap while she gathered the items she would need for the stew. Deciding on a lighter base of tomato rather than gravy she knew it would be just as hearty and delicious.

Scraping the mud from a bureau and a table she wiped them clean and leaned her backside against the table to wipe her brow. Seeing him work so hard she decided to make him a treat for dessert. Rushing back she quickly washed up, gathered Jade and began dinner preparations. Boiling the carrots and potatoes first to soften them a bit she Mixed up a small batch of dough. Then using the tomatoes she stewed earlier, with Martha’s help, she dropped in the chopped roasted rabbit, carrots, corn, beans, and potatoes. Adding a bit of salt she let it sit in the pot. Forming circles out of the dough, she filled them with the chunky applesauce she found on the shelf, a dash of cinnamon and she was set. Baking them in the same way she made the bread.

Using the sausage grinder she ground up some of the carrots she’d set aside as well as adding in some beans she snatched from the pot. Smiling at her work she set the table, grabbing Jade she saw that Robert worked on. Setting the pot off to the side to keep it warm she fed, bathed and put the little one down. The water she’d used she added into theirs to use again. If anything the child was cleaner than they. Lighting the lantern she moved the food to the table and began dishing it up for him. “I made a different stew than what you are used to, but I hope you like it. I have dessert too.” Handing him a bowl she dished up her own and poured him a glass of water. Pulling her kerchief off the small pastry type pie she began eating. “The bath water is going too when we are ready.”

Robert was hungry from his day in the field, and ate hungrily the rabit stew that Opel had prepared. After having a second bowl, he savored the Apple pastry she had prepared. "You are a very good cook!" he said complimenting her meal. He got up and helped to clear the dishes and wash them. As they worked together, his eyes fell on her body, and quickly he was consumed with a different hunger, one less essential, but much harder for Robert to ignore. "I'll take the water to the loft for our bath while you dry the dishes."he said, smiling at her. He leaned in and gave her a passionate kiss pulling her against his still naked torso and almost lifting her feet from the floor in the processs.

He picked up the large bucket and secure it to the rope where the baby's basket normally was tied, then climbed the ladder, and hauled the heavy bucket up to the loft. He set the bucket in the middle of the floor and laid out towels and a cake of soap. Finally, he stripped off his sweaty shorts and shoes and was standing there naked when Opel reached the top of the ladder. He helped her into he loft and then set about the pleasant task of undressing her. As he exposed her body, he kissed the newly exposed flesh as it appeared. when only her panties remained, he knealt before her and slid them down her thighs, and as before followed the retreating panties with kisses. when he kissed her pouty pussy, it was wet with her excitement and he licked her honey from his lips, finding it pleasantly salty sweet. Holding her thighs in his hands he extented his tongue and licked more of it from her slit. Enjoying this more he slowly teased her pussy open with his tounge and began to lick it from the source, circling her clit in the process.

He felt her shudder, but continued his licking without interuption as his hands massaged her hipps and the cheeks of her behind. He was surprised at how pleasant it was, and how much her obvious pleasure effected him.

“Thank you,” she said softly, moving from the table to grab the bucket for the dishes. She felt his eyes on her, but said nothing. Smiling back she nodded, Her wet hands moved to clasp his neck when he drug her to him and kissed her, lighting a fire in her soul. His chest was hot under her hands and she was gasping for breath when he broke the kiss, “Robby?” she whimpered. Watching him closely she knew he had done it to hurry her up. She didn’t even watch him go upstairs to the loft, the longing was already there. Rushing through drying the dishes she stacked them neatly in the cupboard next to the table and ran up the ladder.

Seeing him naked made her smile, taking his hand and letting him guide her to the bucket. In a matter of moments the fire she’d felt the night before was burning low in her belly as he removed her clothing and covered her body in kisses. Small sounds of pleasure left her throat as his lips moved over her skin. Watching as he removed her white cotton panties she moaned when he covered the area in kisses. The dampness of need was evident and when he kissed her sex her knees went weak, “Robert… I need you.” she whispered. When he buried his mouth in her sex she faltered in her breathing and in her thinking. Opening her legs a bit wider she grasped his head in her hands and began tugging the sandy locks. Her small body convulsed and shook as her blue eyes fluttered. Rocking her hips against him she sputtered for air. “Robert.. I feel like I’m going to pass out… this feels heavenly.” Now her hands grasped his shoulder and leaned forward over him to keep her balance. Her dark hair, which was now loose, fanned out around them.

As she leaned over him trying to keep her balance, Robert found his head wrapped completely within her warm flesh her large breasts laying against the back of his head her nipples against his shoulders, and her hair flowing down his back and tickling his thighs. He held her thighs tightly keeping her steady and wanting her to climax drove his tongue deep within her and licked her honey from her inner walls. Withdrawing his tongue he sucked her now protruding clit into his lips, and quietly hummed sending subtle but tempting vibrations through the most sensitive part of her body. As he continued sucking on her clit, his arms wrapped around her thighs tightly and his fingers found their way deep inside her pussy continuing to massage her inner walls. He continued like this for several minutes, hoping to push her over the edge.

Feeling him hold her she felt safer, feeling his tongue delve into her opening she gasped and felt the walls of her channel flutter. Her nails scraped along the skin of his back gently as she moaned; it was getting harder for her to control her breathing and her thoughts. Twice the night before she’d felt this and then he filled her with his seed. Whimpering his name out as he suckled her clit her legs twitched with the tightening of her muscles as her body spiraled upwards. When his fingers began massaging her channel she bit down on her lip hard to keep from waking Jade as she cried out. She felt the gush of juices as her hands gripped, nearly collapsing as she trembled, her thighs twitching. “Amazing,” she whispered feeling the trickle of fluid run down her thighs escaping his mouth.

Robert kissed his way up her now nearly limp body, until their lips met, letting her taste herself on his lips. He helped her unsteady legs to carrier her to the basin of water and step inside. Taking the sponge, he loaded it with soap, and began to gently wash her body. As he has on previous night's, he took great care to cleanse her body from head to toe paying special attention to the folds of her sex using his fingers, to add to her arousal. When he had finished you gently rinsed her, and toweled her dry.

His cock was hard, and throbbing, from the stimulus he received as he had brought her to orgasm. He now stood before her and patiently waited his turn, his long cock bobbing with the beat of his heart in front of him, telling her in the surest way possible of his total infatuation with her body.

Opal kissed her husband with passion and need, her body quivering from its recent release, the taste of herself on his lips and tongue fueled her desire higher. Linking her arms behind his head she peppered his face with kisses as he carried her to the basin. She held on to him as he washed her, her eyes meeting his every step of the way. He knew how to gain access to her heart and it was slowly letting him in with Jade. When he finished she began washing him, slowly she washed away the sweat and grime of the day making sure part of her body brushed against his rigid member as it pushed forward wanting her attention.

Finally kneeling before him she washed his legs and placed soft kisses along his shaft. Bringing her hands up, and dropping the sponge she wrapped a hand around his shaft and placed her lips at the head of his member. He had pleased her she wanted to please him. Her pink tongue flicked over the head and moved around the elongated form protruding from his body. His taste was salty and purely he, the drop of moisture on the tip was quickly gone and eagerly she decided she wanted more. Opening her mouth she guided him into her warm mouth, her tongue caressing the underside. Gently her teeth brushed along the sides of him as further and further she allowed him to go. Hitting the back of her throat she jerked her head back and began bobbing her head on his length. Looking up his body her eyes met his as her hands stroked his thighs tenderly.

Robert groaned and looked into her sparkling eyes, as her lips wrapped around his member, stretched by its girth. As she took him deeper into her mouth and lapped at the bottom of the shaft with her tongue, Robert found himself very close to losing control. His body stiffened and he threw his head back holding her head in his hands, and driving his cock steadily deeper within are waiting mouth. "Oh God Opel! I'm about to cum!" He said looking into her shining eyes. Seeing her smile at what he said, he relaxed and let himself go with a mighty moan. Ropes hot sticky cum shot down her throat and dribbled out around the corners of her mouth.

Robert lifted her into his arms and pulled her thighs around his waist, then lowered her over his rock hard cock and drove in deep into her pussy. Holding her to his chest with one arm he drew back the covers on the bed sat down and rolled her on her back, and began to pump long and hard into her pussy, not allowing his cock to soften.

Opal did not let herself panic when he grasped her head and began thrusting himself into her. Being so new she wasn’t sure what might have felt good for him she used her tongue to press against him as he glided in and out of her warm mouth. She smiled around him when he spoke, she was glad she could provide him the same he’d done for her. Swallowing his release she tried to catch every drop but felt when some had escaped but not before her tongue darted out and cleaned the corners whilst he lifted her in his arms. She gasped when he entered her this time, she was tight and it hurt only slightly when he drove deep inside her.

“Oh Robert, you feel so good,” she moaned as eh pulled her close to him. Her heart was beating so fast she felt like screaming it felt that good. As soon as her back touched the bed she arched and moaned. Her legs stayed wrapped around him and her hips moved up against him roughly as he took her with long hard thrusts. It was only a matter of minutes before she was trembling under him and fighting to hold back her screams of pleasure. Holding his gaze she allowed the euphoric feel of her release wash over her. Crying out she bit down on her lip hard as her channel contracted around him, “Rob-bert ooh uhn,” she moaned.

He drove deep inside her, her large breasts bouncing with each powerful thrust. When her walls tightened around him, and he felt her queeze down tight on his cock, he stifled a groan, so as not to wake Jade, as his body stiffened, and his cock swelled and throbbed within her splashing her womb with a load of his seed. He rolled on his side, and they satyed engaged with one another, as they hugged and kissed in the bed.

As they relaxed form their second orgam in just a few minutes, sleep becan to over take him, and holding her tight in his armswith his cock still wrapped in her body , he drifted off to to sleep.

Opal rolled with him her lips pressing tightly to his as he held her close her hands running over the tight bunches of muscle covering his upper body. She was falling in love with him and nothing could stop it. She honestly didn’t want to stop it either. She loved that he kept himself sheathed within her body, it made her tremble with desire for him again, but she knew how tired he was. Grasping their covers she pulled them over both of them and tucking her head under his chin fell into a deep sleep.

Jade pealing out before long scared her awake, she jerked and sat up. Moving away from his warmth she reached the baby. Changing her diaper she placed her back in bed and patted her back to sleep. Discarding the foul offender she curled up on her husband’s chest once more and brushed her lips against his jaw she watched him sleep in the darkened loft. She missed not having him buried inside, but pressed against her warm moist folds would have to do. Yawning widely before slipping off into dream land once more.

Robert woke to find Opel still on his chest, and though she was asleep, and he was no longer buried within her, she had positioned her slit along his shaft. Feeling her warm wetness, he stiffened almost immediately, and began rocking his hips and rubbing her clit with his now hard shaft. finally he could take it no more, and now that he was moistened in her juices, he rolled his hips back, and finding her opening pushed in deep and hard. A moan of pleasure escaped his lips as he held the globes of he bottom in his large hands,

His actions right along with her dreams, and when he entered her she moaned and blue eye fluttered open. “Oh Robert,” she sighed softly against his chest. Opal knew they would be exhausted the next day, but it felt too good to stop. Sliding up so she was straddling him she pushed off his chest and moved as best she could, like their first time. Rotating her hips in a circle she cried out softly. Dropping down again her lips found his as he drove into her soft body. Never had she imagined something could be like this with someone she’d been forced to marry, yet she found herself quickly calling out for more.

Martha had been missing Jade, and if she were honest, she also missed being near Robert as well. Before Opel arrived she enjoyed the feeling of being attached to the man and his baby. Even though she had not been needed for quite a little while, she decided that the next morning she would come for a friendly visit and help out with Jade. She had risen early that morning and baked some fresh bisquets, and started out for roberts farm well before it was light. Being anxious, she arrived early, and there was no sign of anyone being awake. She slipped quietly inside the barn and sat at the table to wait until someone woke and came down from the loft. Thoughts of Roberts shirtless body that she had seen in the feild a week ago filled her head, and it was then that she heard the combined moans of Robert and Opel drifting down from the loft. She tried to ignore it, but as it continued and grew louder and more intense, her curiosity and arousal quickly got the better of her. Getting up from the table she quietly climbed up the ladder and peeked over the edge of the loft in the dim light,

There was Opel's naked form riding hard on Robert's hard cock, her breasts bouncing hard with each time she sank down upon him. She marveled that such a tiny woman, could take in such a large object as Robert's cock with such aparent ease and pleasure. She could feel a tingling between her thighs, and her panties were rapidly becoming wet as she stood on the ladder watching Robert and Opel in the throws of their passion.

It wasn’t long before Robert sat up again taking Opal in his arms, hands running over the smooth curve of her back and along her sides to her hips. Grasping the soft flesh he pressed her down upon his length and he pressed his hips up against hers. Eyes burning with passion as she rode upon his length gasping and moaning in pleasure, “Don’t stop, Robby please… Don’t stop.” The slaps of their bodies coming together along with their moaning and soft whispers filled the air around them.

Opal knew it was only the two of them, their own little cocoon of desire. She tilted her head back as his lips nipped and kissed over the muscles of her neck, sending shivers down her spine. He’d always been loving and tonight was no different, but she could feel a fire burning within him that she hadn’t felt yet. “Opal, Opal,” he moaned against her ear raggedly before he dipped his head and suckled at her breast. Teeth grasping the taut nipples and pulling them away from her body, mesmerized eyes watched as the soft globe bounced back into shape and jiggled with the motion he provided.

Arching her back she pressed her breasts more against his face as she felt the familiar spiral. Acting quickly she ran her hands up his back and pulled his head to hers crying out as her orgasm took her. She felt Robert stiffen and twitch as well releasing his seed with a swallowed groan of pleasure. Trembling she stayed on his length and he held her tightly to his hard chest. She felt his hands slide into her hair and his lips trace the curve of her neck tenderly. “I Love you, Opal, with everything I am and have.” His eyes told her the truth as they burned into hers. Passionately they kissed, still connected.

((to our readers the previous post was not a godmod, but an agreed upon collaboration))
Martha's legs grew weak and trmbling as she stood on the ladder. she felt a strange and wonderful feeling over take her as she watched. She felt her body stiffen and begin to shudder at seeing Opal taken in this way. Her face was flushed and hot, as she gingerly descended from the ladder, before her weak legs collapsed beneath her. Her panties were soaked and she could feel moisture from her maidenhood floing down her inner thighs. She sat in a chair and hoped that her pettycoats would absorb all the wetness she was releasing and that it would not stain her dress.
~~~~~
Robert gasped at their mutual realease. He laid back on the bed and pulled her against his chest. He kissed her deeply, in between breaths, as he slowly recovered. "you were amazing " he said as they panted against one another. He could feel her inner walls still fluttering against him as they slowly relaxed. Just as they though they might fall abck asleep a small voice from the crib greeted them. Jad was awake and hungry.

“I adore you, my husband.” She whispered back in the half-light of morning. Relaxing on his chest she giggled as the scruff on his face tickled her sensitive skin. Panting as well she ran her hands over his chest, tracing the lines and sifting through the thick hair that was sprinkled on his chest. “I was not and you were." Laughing softly, her body craved him still, but they were out of time.

Watching as Jade's head popped up as she pulled herself to sit up. Opal smiled at the little one that cooed and smiled back before whimpering. "She pulled her self up, Robby look!" Opal giggled and wiggled her fingers at the babe."Look how big you are." Turning to Robert she smiled, "I don't want you to leave my body, but i know we have to separate." Lifting off she whimpered as he left her body, but leaned up and kissed him deeply.

Grasping the little one she held her close against her body. The little one lowered her head against her chest and drew her thumb into her mouth and began suckling. Opal smiled and gently laying the child down, changed her diaper. "I think she only wanted our attention." Her eyes softened, "It would be easier if she were from my body, then it would provide for her." Her voice was soft, "Could you milk the cow for me and her, please?"

Robert got up and slipped on a pair of his undershorts and climbed down the ladder to get the milk from the cow, completely unaware that Martha was sitting at the table at the bottom of the ladder at the table. She watched as he descended able to look up the legs of his loose fitting shorts and see most everything he had. As he reached the bottom, she ducked under the table, and out of his sight in the dim early morning light. He went to the cows stall and sat on a low stool milking the cow and Martha watched intently from under the table. She became inreasingly exited as she looked on his nearly naked body. When Robert finished milking and headed back up the ladder she again watched him as he ascended to the loft. He juices were once agin flowing and leaking from her saturated panties and down on to her thighs. Robert brought the fresh canister of milk to Opel and and then finished getting dressed.

"I'll go down and start the fire", he said. As he came down the ladder, Martha again hid in the shadows. This time Robert noticed the basket of fresh bisquets on the table. He called up the ladder to Opel, "when did you bake bisquets, my dear?"

Moving to him after he was dressed she kissed his cheek. Jade babbling on her hip as she drank from her bottle, milk running down her chin. “Jade says see you for breakfast.” Laughing she sat the babe down and got dressed herself. A pale blue dress was put over her body she didn’t bother with binding her breasts it was going to be hot.

“What?” she questioned peering down at him and then at the table. “I didn’t make them.” Worried eyes moved around the room, had someone been there and heard them making love? Landing her blue eyes on Robert she shook her head, she knew who it could be and the thought made her sick.

Placing Jade in the basket with the milk she sent her down to Robert and came down the ladder, her lack of undergarments was apparent as she moved. “Martha, you can come out. You aren’t in trouble and you are welcomed.” Opal stated.

Keeping her head low she stepped from the shadows, “I came early to help, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to worry you.” She knew Opal wondered how long she was there. “I came in as Jade awoke, I think I was too loud when I walked in, I thought you would be up and about, with all the work to do.”

Regarding the girl Opal smiled, “You didn’t wake her up, she went to bed early.” Taking Jade Opal smiled and wove her arm through the girls, “You can help me with breakfast. Can you collect eggs and we’ll have eggs over rabbit hash and left over stew for lunch.” Smiling as the girl walked away, she kept her thoughts to herself.

Robert kept quiet and went about starting the cooking fire, but as he did, he thought about the fact that Martha was probably there when he had milked the cow in his undershorts. She had probably seen him nearly naked, and yet she had said nothing. He wondered what might have been going through her mind, and even more what she might do now. As he stood up from his fire building and turned around to go back to the barn suddenly Martha in front of him, her aprin full of eggs. He quickly grabbed her shoulders to keep her from walking right into him. There was along moment of stunned silence as the two stood face to face in the early morning light.

Back
Top Bottom