Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A farmer's bargain ( Wolvenrogue and Talin)

wolvenrogue

Singularity
Supporter
Robert Sears had been farming his piece or Missouri bottom land for ten years. The land had been good to him and he had made quite a nice living for last ten years for his young wife, and new baby. But then the Missouri River flood came. He lost a years crops, but worse his wife was drowned, leaving him to rebuild and care for an infant daughter. Desperate, he placed an Ad for a mail order bride in the St. Louis Dispatch. He hoped he would quickly get a response. In his situation, he was in no position to wait. Robert was a handsome man, 6 foot tall and muscular, having been hardened by ten years of farm chores, with blue eyes and sandy hair.

You are going! Now pack your bags.

With a huff Opal stomped up the stairs. Tossing a few items in the large carpet bag she screamed in rage and threw a bottle of perfume across the room. The blue colored glass container shattered, leaving its contents dripping down the wall. Flinging herself across her bed she shuddered, fierce emotion welled up in the young girl. Downstairs in the parlor her parents heard the commotion and knew their decision to send her off with the farmer was for her good. They’d been in communication with the man offering their eighteen year old daughter when they learned his predicament, Opal was kept in the dark except for the fact she was being married off. It hurt her deeply not to be able to choose her own husband and found her parents idea completely absurd.

Sitting in the train her blue eyes watched out the window, flat land full of green surrounded it and she sneered. A farmer, of all things, she groaned inwardly. Clasping her thin hands in her lap over her deep blue skirt, white blouse and a brown shawl. The shoes on her feet were new; they were more of boots, something she would need in her new land. She frowned at her parents across from her in the seat and glared out the window. Stepping off the train she was relieved that at least the people were civilized. Taking the man’s offered hand she stepped out onto the platform and adjusted her hat at its cocky angle, the dark reddish tinted hair was wound into a tight bun at the nape of her neck. Sitting on her trunk, Emblazoned with her full name, Opal Katherine Rhodes. “This place is drab, when can I be expected back home?” She knew it wasn’t proper, and that she wasn’t returning home, “Are we signing my life away today or do I get a few days to adjust to the brute?” Her parents ignored her and continued looking for their daughters new husband.

Robert pulled up in his farm wagon, Partially loaded with shelled corn for seed. He pulled the brake and got down from the seat. Seeing the trunk with the name emblazoned on it, he approached the family. "Mr. Rhodes?" he asked politely. "I'm Robert Sears. I believe we have an arrangement. This must be your daughter Opal about whom we have corresponded. Is she redy to be a bride and a mother? I have come prepared to take her home. My daughter will require her care immediately."

He looked at Opal and thought that she was very young to be suddenly placed in charge of an infant and running a farmhouse on a working farm. Though this concerned him, theirs had been the only response to his ad. He simply had no choice. She would do. he would make it work. "I have the brideprice as agreed," he said handing Mr. Rhodes a fat envelope.
"Go and sit on the wagon seat " he said to opel with out second thought. The strong man lifted her trunk easily, and put it in the back of the wagon.

He bowed to Mrs. Rhodes, and shook Mr.Rhodes hand and was off with his "Bride" , child or not.

Her parents greeted the tall man as he called out to them, smiling at him and then back at her. Opal felt her knees go weak with nerves as she stood from her trunk. He was older than her by quite a bit, but seemed in good health and spirits. Opal absently tugged on the strings to her hat and watched them interact for a moment before his words fully sunk in. “A mother?” she said flabbergasted. Her five foot frame tried to grow so instead of a child he’d see a woman. Turing her wide blue eyes to her mother she hissed, “You never mentioned a child, I have no idea how to care for a child!” Opal’s pale features seemed paler as she had her outburst. Barely glancing at the man more than the first time she suddenly felt sick and lightheaded.

Her blue eyes met his with defiance; did he order her to the wagon? Turning from him she wrapped her arms around her mother, “If I promise to be good may I please come home?” tears streamed down her face. Seeing her mother shake her head no she turned and moved slowly to the wagon. Cringing at the dirty seat she attempted dusting off before sitting down. Turning her nose up and away from her parents she sat. The ride was quiet, Opal saying nothing. What could she say? Thank you for buying me. Turning her head she regarded him. “I shall not be doing ANY wifely duties, get that in your head now. As for a child I haven’t the faintest idea what to do. Will the nursemaid be around to assist me?” She only knew how she was raised. Peering at him boldly she waited for an answer

Robert stopped the wagon. He looked at her sternly. "I don't think you quite understand. This is not some plantation your headed for. We live on a working farm. The emphasis is on the word "working" . You are a wife, not a guest. I have no time for your nonsense. You will perform all wifely duties, including child care or you will be disciplined. I'll give you whatever respect you deserve, and I'll not tolerate disrespect from you. It is you that will get that in your head. Don't trifle with me. I'm not inclined to put up with it."

As the wagon was pulled to a halt she stared at him, complete innocent expression. She knew exactly what she had done and why the wagon stopped. The stern set to his eyes caused her eyes to harden. “I shall not be forced into bed with the likes of you. I am a proper woman and shan’t flit about bedding complete strangers.” Clasping the handles on her carpet bag she shifted her gaze away and to the green lands surrounding them. “I understand what I am. Wife, you may say, but we both know I’m a possession and caregiver.” Laughing haughtily she tossed her head back, the tiny hat perched there slid off and rolled down to the floor.

“You think this is disrespect,” She sobered her features and glared at him. “I have yet to start.” Facing front she snapped her lips shut and watched the road waiting for their journey to begin again. “OH, and if I do trifle with, dear husband, what ever shall you do? Bend you over my knee as a small child. You’ll find my rump quite hardened from such punishments.” Setting her lips in a firm line she smoothed her hair and watched him with amused blue eyes. Opal had no intention of allowing this man, her husband, to have the upper hand so soon. She may eventually submit, but it would not be without a tooth and nail fight.

As they had barely left the station, Robert got down from the wagon. picked her up from the seat and carried her across the crowded train platform and reaching the horse trough dropped her in. Waiting as she sputtered to the surface. Once she had had a good breath and was about to start another tirade, he pushed her head below the water again. He repeated this tretment three more times, before allowing her more than one breath. The crowd watched the show, laughing as he picked her up, still sputtering from the tank, in his arms. "are you about cooled off?" he asked as he held her suspended above the cold water, her shocked parents looking on.

Opal watched him walk around the wagon, thrilled with the fact that he was returning her. Smiling at her parents from her seat she felt proud of herself for getting out of the situation. “I’m glad you see things my way,” she smiled and whispered near his ear. The smile remained until she found herself submerged in water. Clawing for the side and screaming her head off Opal seethed. Taking a deep breath she prepared to speak as she was shoved under again. The water was cold and she couldn’t get air into her lungs. Opal shivered as he held her up, she wiped her face slowly. She spat the mouthful of water out and coughed. Sucking air into her lungs she breathed heavily, her firm young breasts heaving with each intake. The white shirt she wore left nothing to the imagination.

Staring at him in shock, her tears mixed with the water, “How dare you… you could have killed me!” Trembling as she felt his arms move, “Please don’t do it again, Robert, please. I’m cold, tired, and been thrown into a strange land.” If anything she knew how to work the system, her full lips went pouty and pushed out a bit from her face and her blue eyes went wide. She was being sincere in this moment, for once. “I’ll do most of my duties without complaint.” Quaking against him, her long hair down from the bun it had been in fell below her waist hiding her body from the others view. “Take me home please.” A weak smiled was sent toward her parents as they were once again on their way. She was shocked; no one had ever treated her in that manner. She still had fight in her it was just suppressed for the moment.

"Let's understand each other" Robert said without hesitation. "you will do all your duties, not most of them." You aren't in St. Louis anymore, and out here there isn't anytime for games." Without waiting for a reply, he took her by the hand, and led her dripping through the dusty street to the wagon and lifted her by the waist onto the seat. Taking a blanket from behind the seat, he threw it over her shoulders to keep her warm and preserve he modesty in the wet clothes.

Taking the reigns and releasing the brake he headed the wagon out across the grassy flats toward their farm. The land was muddy and dirty from the recent flooding, and when they reached the farm house, it was obvious that the damage had been severe, and that almost everything had been coated in thick river mud. Bob had shoveled it out of the house, but the walls and every other surface were still coated with it. "we'll be sleeping in the hay loft untill we get this cleaned up," he said pointing to the barn. It was obvious from the stain high up on the walls, that it was the only thing on the farm which had remained dry and clean.

“I said I would do them and only added that most would be without complaint.” Her soft words left her vocal box without thinking and without meeting his eyes when the blanket was put over her body. At least he cared enough about her modesty. “Thank you.” The skirts were heavy and she could not wait to get “home” and lounge in the bathtub. She needed that bit of warmth and familiarity. Eyes fell to the muddy road, deeply rutted and seemingly well-traveled. When the wagon again came to a stop Opal had been dozing, the eighteen year old had not yet been accustomed to traveling and fighting a grown man off. The most exertion she had at her home had been writing correspondence weekly to her aunts and cousins, other than that her days were relaxed.

Blue eyes fluttered open, the drive had been short and she was still sopping wet. Looking around she could see the damage. Looking down to her hands she knew they would be well worn before the cleaning was even half over. Hearing his statement she turned to him, if possible her blue eyes went wider. “The hay loft, you mean with the animals? What about your child, they are small and won’t they get hurt in there or worse yet, fall ill?” Dropping her gaze to the ground her face fell, he meant to have her in the hay, like a whore or a secret lover. Both of which she was not, clenching her jaw tight she gripped the handles of the bag. “Where might I change in privacy and what can I do first?”

"I am sorry Opal" he said using her first name for the first time." The hayloft is the only privacy available, the animals live below, not in the loft, the hay is clean and dry, unlike anything else here. The baby will stay in the loft with us. It is the only place even remotely clean. Baths when we take them will be standing in a bucket, and to avoid losing too much water, we will need to bathe each other. You are my wife after all, so it should not be a problem. For now life will be hard, but it will improve, that I promise you. You will find the ladder to the loft just inside the barn door. I would suggest wearing your oldest clothing as it will get very muddy.

He helped her down off the wagon, and started unloading the seed corn. "Hurry and change" he said. as soon as i get the corn unloaded, we will drive to the neighbors and pick up the baby."

Her blue eyes met his after he’d said her name, at least he knew it. Listening to his explanation she bit down hard on her tongue. The idea of him washing her as she stood in a bucket appalled her, though she tried not letting it show. Of course he didn’t see it as a problem; she didn’t want his hands on her clothed body, let alone her bare one. She frowned, her thoughts were mean and she tried correcting them, he was a man down on his luck and needed help. She was the last possible resort; she could learn to love him, maybe, if he gave her time. Shaking the thoughts away as he lifted her to the ground, the blanket was still around her shoulders. “These were my oldest clothes … I’ll figure something out.” the new boots caused her to walk sturdily over the muddy ground.

Climbing the ladder he spoke of she went to the top. Blankets were spread over the straw and in the furthest corner from the edge were a bassinet, the linens inside pure white and clean. A soft smile tugged at the corners of her mouth, while her heart raced in her chest. Stripping her clothes off she hung them over the rafter she could reach; skirt, blouse, panties, brassier, slips and thin corset. She trembled as the air hit her skin, slipping out a clean blue dress, the tiny dark blue flowers brought out the color of her eyes. Slipping a clean pair of panties under the dress she left her breasts free. Most of her clothing was in her trunk, she could have it unloaded later. Plaiting her hair as she made her way back to the wagon she wound the hair around itself and tucked the ends in. She stood watching him, the muscles beneath his clothing obvious; she had felt the hardness when he scooped her up earlier. Clearing her throat she spoke, “Robert, I am ready.”

Seeing her clean clothes he took his handkerchief and dusted off the seat of the wagon before lifting her to the seat. he knew it was only a mater of time before her clothing would be soiled, but he was gentleman, and had no wish to show her any less respect than was due a lady, even if the circumstances were hard. he expected her to do her part, and a farmer's life could be hard, but none the less she was the fairer sex and would be treated accordingly as much as possible.

"You look very nice" he said. "were off to get our daughter, her name is Jade, It is interesting that both your name's should be after a gem stone. He climbed into the seat of the wagon next to her, and they headed off to the neighbor's farm three miles away. When they arrived at the neighbors farm it was obvious that they had been hit equally hard, and they too were living in their loft as the cleaning of their house was underway. There was a young woman, a year younger than Opal holding a baby and sitting in the middle of the muddy yard on a chair. "Hello Martha" Robert said. "This is Opal, my new wife". He helped Opal off of the wagon seat, and Martha brought the child to her. "Here is your daughter Jade" Martha said respectfully. Robert paid Martha for sitting, and said, "Tell your parents thank you, and that Opal and I are sorry we missed them." he said as he helped Opal back into the seat with the little girl in her arms.

His actions shocked her, smiling she nodded at him as he cleaned the seat for her, “You didn’t have to do that,” Biting her tongue she smiled and said thank you as he lifted her onto the wagon seat. She could follow his guidelines, so far her duties had only been to change, and she handled that well enough. His compliment stole her concentration, “Thank you again, Robert.” Nodding at his words she smiled, a daughter, though the way he stated her as “ours” shocked her, though she only smiled. “That is very interesting indeed, I’ve always been partial to the names of Rose and Benjamin myself..” She smiled at him again. “But Jade is nice to. I can’t wait to meet her.” She sat with her hands folded in her lap for the ride.

Opal was shocked to see a girl holding a babbling child; the girl was around her own age. Granted she was a bit mousy and her hair was a dingy blonde instead of the shiny brown her own was, still she was acquainted with the man. Her eyes fell to the child as Robert lifted her from the wagon, hand moving instinctively to his shoulders. “Nice to meet you Martha,” Opal stated when she got closer. The child smiled and babbled, playing with her hands and kicking her pale legs. Her dark hair was curled about her ears and around the edge of the lacy bonnet she wore. The outfit she wore was a gingham print dress and obviously handmade, though it fit her well. Taking her in her arms Opal held her carefully, as though she would break.

“She won’t break she’s very sturdy, sitting up on her own now she is.” adoration for the child shone in the girls brown eyes. Looking at the babe she saw the blue eyes, and up this close could see her new husband in the features of the little one. Opal had many questions, but was whisked away suddenly. Jade wiggled but was otherwise a delight. Riding back home she wrapped her arms about the child’s middle gently, but securely. “Robert? I don’t know what she’ll eat, nor how to change a diaper. Would you be able to show me those things?” She was an only child, she had no siblings and all her friends with siblings congregated at her house to get away from their siblings, so she was at a loss.

"Jenna has been gone only a month, since the flood, and I'm not the most experienced at it, but I'll show you what I know. She eats solid food, we just cut it up fine for her or put it through the sausage grinder. That part isn't hard. Laundry is the most work. It's not complicated, but there is so much with a baby. I will help with the firewood, but the rest will end up being yours to do." I'll try and get Martha to come spend the day later and help you learn. She is a nice girl, and might even make a decent friend for you. Her parents had her late in life, and are elderly, so she is stuck at home, most of the time."

When they arrived back at the farm, Robert helped her out of the wagon. He he led her into the barn and Had Opal place her Jade in a large basket attached to a rope which lead to the loft. "Alright," he said, climb up the ladder and lift her up using the rope. It's not safe to climb the ladder with her in your arms." Once they had the baby up in the loft Robert came up and showed her how to change her then lowered the bucket of soiled diapers down out of the loft to be washed.

"See if you can get her to sleep and then put her in her crib, I'm going to start a batch of laundry." He started a fire and started water boiling in a kettle to clean them, and added lie soap. Once the diapers were boiling. He took her to the main house to show her what would need to be cleaned. It soon became clear, that the amount of work was almost never ending.

Opal nodded, sorrow entered her eyes as she glanced down at the child and up to her father. Martha would be a very helpful friend indeed, Opal smiled up at him. At least he was willing to show her some of her chores. “I think I would like having a friend, at least one that knows what is needed.” She didn’t dare tell him she didn’t know how to cook or what he meant by doing the laundry. Her blue eyes filled with worry, so far she’d faked being calm and nice, she was sure she could fake it through her chores. smiling down at him as he helped her down, she was glad he was at least handsome and not an ogre. Jade reached out and grasped his nose, she noticed he didn’t really hold his daughter or interact with her much. Perhaps she reminded him too much of his wife, Jenna.

She felt nervous climbing the ladder in front of him, knowing if he looked up he would see up her skirt, she blushed at the thought and faltered on a middle rung. Tugging the rope he told her of she smiled as the child cooed at her, clucking her tongue at her to receive a smile. guiding the basket to the hay covered she moved to the boards, moving to the other part she found the basket of diapers under the crib. Watching him change his daughter she took in the exact way he did it. Nodding she cradled the child, lifting a small bear into the child’s arms she began to sing and pace. Her mother had mentioned about pacing and singing with her as a child. Soon she noted the droop, of her head but when she put her down she awoke and started crying, the process repeated a few times before she started showing some frustration..

“I’m scared too Jade, I don’t know how to be a Momma, please go to sleep, please.” lying the child on her belly she covered her and sat close singing and rubbing her back. With a small sigh of relief she watched as the child slid into slumber. Climbing down the ladder she moved with him to the house. the mud was everywhere. most of the items in the house could be pulled out to the yard and cleaned there, it seemed as though everything that wasn’t able to be cleaned had already been thrown. “Should we get started now or will this wait for tomorrow?” her stomach rumbled gently and she feared this meant she would have to fail at something else. “Or is it dinner and then bed?” The light blush on her cheeks caused her to turn her head away from him.

"Laundry first" he said handing her what looked like a canoe paddle. You have to stir it as it boils for half an hour. and then dip them out and and rinse them in the trough." He pointed to what looked like the trough she had been dunked it. " Then you hang them on the line to dry." He showed her the long line that ran from the barn to the house. He had several wicker baskets to use when carrying the wet clothes. She would soon discover that this was hot sweaty work, and that when she handled the wet clothes her dress would quickly become soaked by contact with the wet laundry and splashing in the trough when she rinsed.

"When the laundry is done you can start on dinner. I'll start you a fire in a couple hours. we have some bacon, and beans and a few potatoes. You will have to see what you can do with them."

Robert didn't wait to offer more instruction. He had work to so. He went to the house and started haulingthe more durable wood furnishings out in to the yard for washing. He worked tirelessly know sun down would come far too soon for the amount that they needed to accomplish.

Nodding her head she took the paddle, listening to his explanation. The job seemed easy enough, "I will do that." She began stirring slowly, the sun beating upon her head causing little beads of perspiration to rise. Holding back a grumble she ran for a bonnet and to peek in at Jade. The wide straw hat she found kept then sun off of her pale face, her arms began to tinge red as she died each individual piece out. She ran the garment to the trough and hung it on the line, then back she ran for another piece. Soon out of breath and near exhaustion she saw the stack of baskets, grumbling to herself about how he didn't mention them.

Going to the fire she saw the items, by this time she was wet, tired and starving. After nearly slicing her hand off she gave up on cutting the potatoes and tossed them while into the pan with the bacon and the pieces. The beans she dumped into a pot. Silently she prayed it would turn out well, she was doubtful and wished she had paid more attention to the cooks. Moving to the barn she saw the area that was set for a table, several barrels split to make seats and a group of three held a flat top. Setting it was easy and was done in a few moments. Moving outside she grabbed the pan handle and dropped it right back in place with a yelp. Her dress was wet, had spots of blood on it and was torn at the herm when she needed to wrap her hand.

Dunking her hand in the trough she bit her lip. She didn't want him to think she was incompetent at everything. Lifting the edge of the dress she carried the pan and pot to the makeshift table. Moving toward him she watched as he carried a large piece of furniture. Sweat dripped off of his nose. Gripping the other side of it she helped him position it next to the others. Looking at him she smiled softly. "I don't know how well I did but dinner is ready. Are you ready?"

"I am Opal" he said. Looking at her wet clothes her could certainly tell she had tried. He followed her to the makeshift table and sat down, and taking her hand blessed the food. It was then he saw that she was burned, but had not complained. "we will take care of that burn after dinner. He said. As he sat at the table it was then that he noticed that her wet blouse was nearly transparent and clinging to her firm breasts which she had not restrained with undergarments when she had changed this morning.

Apparently, she hadn't noticed, but he said nothing and began eating his dinner. I was plain and simple but cooked through, and being hungry he ate well. he saved a portion and ran it through the grinder for jade when she woke. Thanking her at the end of the meal. He cleared the dishes to a bucket and then taking a clean cotton diaper, tore strips of cloth and bandaged her hand lovingly. He paused a moment and stealing another glance at her beautiful breasts leaned in and kissed her gently on the lips. His member now stiff in his pants. Seeing that she was injured he washed the dishes and set them out to dry, and then hauled a bucket of hot water up to the loft.

"It is time for our bath my dear", he said., softly calling her to join him in the loft so as not to wake jade. "Come now while the water is still warm."

She smiled and led him to the table, more worried than anything about the food. Surprised when he took her hand and said grace. A quiet murmured response of thanks was all he received. "I have never cooked before, I am sorry if it is not good." When he said nothing she smiled. Laying her free hand across her lap she ate. The potatoes were shriveled but soft and the bacon gave a bit flavor. The beans were sweet. Opal watched him eat heartily and was glad she had accomplished her tasks.

Having felt her wet dress clinging to her she didn't think about what she was lacking beneath. Eating quietly, she was tired but knew her day was not complete yet. Smiling at his thoughtfulness for Jade she watched him grind it up. Her thoughts wandered to the child up yonder the sun was beginning to set and yet the child still had not eaten. "I'm glad you liked it," she said and set her plate in the bucket. Watching him come back to her, blue gaze held confusion at the diaper until he tore it. Holding her injured hand out to him, she tensed. His bandaging job was gentle, almost loving. Opal didn't dare move when he paused, watching in unexpected shock as he lowered his head to hers. The softness of his lips on hers caused her heart to take off at a gallop in her chesta her hands rose gently into his hair. She had never been kissed before, it was nice and she almost begged him for another as he pulled back.

She stood when he left, yes his kiss was gentle but she did not want to lie with him. She was scared and she was only a replacement. It didn't bother her really, at least that was what she told herself. Watching him with the bucket of water she shuddered. Climbing the ladder in silence she carried the bit of food with her. Once at the top she first checked on Jade. "Robert, does she sleep like this regularly or is the poor lamb exhausted?" Turning she checked on her clothing from earlier, curious as to whether he would bathe first or she. Pulling a dressing gown from the bag she turned to face him, her blue eyes flitting over his bare chest. Licking her lips slowly she took him in, he was amazing to look at.

Talin said:
She smiled and led him to the table, more worried than anything about the food. Surprised when he took her hand and said grace. A quiet murmured response of thanks was all he received. "I have never cooked before, I am sorry if it is not good." When he said nothing she smiled. Laying her free hand across her lap she ate. The potatoes were shriveled but soft and the bacon gave a bit flavor. The beans were sweet. Opal watched him eat heartily and was glad she had accomplished her tasks.

Having felt her wet dress clinging to her she didn't think about what she was lacking beneath. Eating quietly, she was tired but knew her day was not complete yet. Smiling at his thoughtfulness for Jade she watched him grind it up. Her thoughts wandered to the child up yonder the sun was beginning to set and yet the child still had not eaten. "I'm glad you liked it," she said and set her plate in the bucket. Watching him come back to her, blue gaze held confusion at the diaper until he tore it. Holding her injured hand out to him, she tensed. His bandaging job was gentle, almost loving. Opal didn't dare move when he paused, watching in unexpected shock as he lowered his head to hers. The softness of his lips on hers caused her heart to take off at a gallop in her chesta her hands rose gently into his hair. She had never been kissed before, it was nice and she almost begged him for another as he pulled back.

She stood when he left, yes his kiss was gentle but she did not want to lie with him. She was scared and she was only a replacement. It didn't bother her really, at least that was what she told herself. Watching him with the bucket of water she shuddered. Climbing the ladder in silence she carried the bit of food with her. Once at the top she first checked on Jade. "Robert, does she sleep like this regularly or is the poor lamb exhausted?" Turning she checked on her clothing from earlier, curious as to whether he would bathe first or she. Pulling a dressing gown from the bag she turned to face him, her blue eyes flitting over his bare chest. Licking her lips slowly she took him in, he was amazing to look at.
She had turned her attention to the baby and as she did, Robert removed his clothing, when she turned to face him he stood naked before her. He calmly took the food from her hand and led her by the hand to the bucket and slowly began the task of undoing dozens of tiny buttons. It was a task which he was well trained at an which he found very pleasant. While it was arousing for him, he performed tenderly, knowing that it was also an act of love. The last time it had been Jenna's dress he so delicately removed. A tear escaped the corner of his eye and fell to the bucket adding to the warm water there. As he pulled the dress from her shoulders, he paused a moment for her to adjust to the idea of being truly naked before him. It was a deliberate pause, and his eyes met hers in a firm gaze. He left no room for her to think the outcome uncertain. This was the first of many new things that would happen this night. He would make the entire experience tender, and loving, but experience it she would. His steadiness made that seem very clear. As the dress slid down her body to the floor, the beauty of her body was exposed to him, and his body responded as would any man's. His arousal was now obvious before her. Compared to her his body was huge, and his manhood was of equal proportions to the rest of his well muscled frame. His body had been hardened by 10 years on the farm, and all of it was there for her to see.

Handing off the food, she kept her eyes above his waist when she realized that not only were his pants gone but his shorts were too. Biting her lip she took his hand, hers smooth and his calloused. As he undid the many buttons expertly she quivered, excitement and fear coursed her veins. Her blue eyes locked on his, she missed nothing, and the tear silently broke her heart. Embarrassed that she had seen him weaken, she closed her eyes until she felt him pull her dress from her shoulders. Opening her eyes she met his gaze once more as he drug her dress down her small body. Her breasts were large for her body, free they hung closer to her body so it was easier to hide them. The dusky pink nipples were beaded; the only thing hidden from his sight was behind her thin blue panties. It was only bathing, he wouldn’t take her while the baby slept right there, perhaps later once they were to turn in for the night. Sliding her hands up she hooked the panties and pulled them off for him to see all of her, like she could see him. Her eyes took his form in, bare before her he looked younger, hard muscles lined his body from his chest to his calves. His torso was tan and letting her eyes lower it was obvious he liked what he saw. This knowledge scared her immensely, “Robert... I am scared, but it’s only a bath for now, correct?”

"Just a bath" he said guiding her into the bucket. He took a sponge and a lump of homemade soap and gently washed her body. He held her hands up over her head and gently washed beneath her arms and down her sides then gave attention to each breast lifting its weight and washing beneath it . He washed her back and her bottom. then each arm and her shoulders and neck. Last he knelt and washed each leg starting at the bottom and working up to the top of each thigh and carefully washing their joining. the space between her thighs was small as she stood in the small bucket so he soaped his hand and used his fingers instead. carefully washing each fold as knelt in front of her. When he was finished, he care fully rinsed her by dipping water from the bucket with a tin cup. He helped her out of the bucket, and gently dried her with a towel. Then when he had finished he again leaned in and gave her a kiss. This one longer and more passionate than before. He then broke the kiss and stepped into the bucket waiting his turn to be washed by her. He spoke not a word, but the tenderness in his eyes spoke volumes.

Following obediently Opal stepped into the bucket, she felt ridiculous standing before this man like she was, but she held her tongue. The retort of you’ve already given me my bath for the day was something she wanted to say but held back on. Her face went red when his large hands held each of her breasts while he tenderly and carefully washed each one. His touch showed he was willing to be tender and take his time; she knew she would lay with him and consummate their marriage. The thought of it frightened her deeply; she was young and already responsible for one child. Bearing him another in this state would be horrible on her. It was more the thought of being a failure to him than anything that weighed heavily on her mind. All thoughts of such kind left her when she felt his fingers on her sex. Biting her lip tightly, she still could not stop the soft moan that left her when he parted her nether lips. Her once red face went white. She didn’t look at him when he rinsed her body, though she knew he watched her. She felt the water sliding down her body and then the towel, warm and inviting. She kissed him back and, this time her full lips parted while, small white hands pressed on his darker chest.

Her hands shook as she went to work, the warmth of the towel forsaken for the task at hand. wetting the sponge in the water at his feet she knew he was showing something by allowing her to go first, the once hot water was now only warm and the dirt from her own body was contained in it as well. Soaping the sponge she washed first his neck and shoulders and then traveled down his arms. She went behind and washed his broad back down to his buttocks. Dipping and re-soaping she moved to his front, smiling at him she washed across his wide chest and down his stomach, beginning to kneel she washed down each leg carefully. Her eyes never travelled to the erect member she was soon to face. Dropping the sponge she used his method of hands, she could have used the sponge but he took care in showing her tenderness so she could certainly do the same. Rubbing the soap she lathered. One hand ran timidly along his length, while the other caressed his testicles below. Washing him gently in the best way she knew how. The sheer size of him scared her, but she pushed it from her mind as she dipped the cup in and rinsed him in the same manner. When she reached for the towel, he stepped out and she was able to dry him gently off. Unsure of whether or not he expected a kiss she bent and retrieved her towel, before rising up on her toes. Her hands at his shoulder helped her keep balance and she pressed a tender kiss to his jaw before stepping back and slipping into her night gown.

Robert slipped on a pair of shorts and li the lantern as the sun was quickly retreating. he poured the bath water out the window and gently picked up his daughter who had begun to whimper. Taking a spoon he handed the ground food an the spoon to Opal, and let her feed her. When the feeding was done she again became sleepy and Robert rocked her in his arms and then laid her down again. He rubbed her back gently until she burped and then slipped into a peaceful sleep brought on by a full belly.

Robert went and turned down the covers on their bed of hay bales and laid down in the dim lantern light. He called to Opal holding up the covers so she could join him. He laid on his side waiting patiently for he, knowing that she was frightened. He asked her again to join him in the bed. His voice was not harsh or commanding, but warm and inviting. He did all that he could to be gentle, and win her with security and warmth rather than demanding as he could, her immediate compliance with his wishes. His smile beckoning her to join him in bed.

Back
Top Bottom