Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lessons

When you're camping deep in the woods and you need something to wipe with, lift up the leaf and have a look at the underside. Devils club is not your friend.

Take chances, love at a whim, and follow your impulses (as long as your brain doesn't say it's stupid). It's all the same lesson, but at this point in my life, I feel I can say it in more contexts than I ever could before.

And give up on the idea that you'll die with no regrets; no matter what you do, or how fulfilling your life is, there's always something to regret.

Perhaps not much of a lesson but I'm saying this for good measures. Donate blood whenever you can.

It's a general disqualification. Prions (i.e. misfolded proteins, the source of Mad Cow disease and neurological dysfunctions in humans) are now known to have been present at that time, but weren't screened out of the food supply yet, so there's an infinitesimal chance anyone in England during that era was exposed. And that chance is enough to keep you from donating, apparently. That's how it was explained to me, at least.

Back
Top Bottom