Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Critique & Publishing Opportunities

WriteMood

Super-Earth
Heads up Blue Moon Rpers! I'm pleased to announce that this weekend, I'll be available to look over and critique anyone's work who is willing. Starting Saturday, November 19th and ending Sunday night, November 20th, I'll be accepting PM's containing your fiction.

Please pay attention to the following:

Work must be no longer than 6 paragraphs (roughly half a page normal-sized font if posted in a Word Document) long. Please do not send a large block of text without paragraph breaks.

Work has to be fiction, but can be anything from a sweet YA to an erotic adult story. (Sorry, children's stories, while awesome, aren't accepted by Breathless Press)

Please send your work via PM. I will return your work with any comments or helpful changes by midnight Sunday (East Coast US time) at the latest.

Stories do not have to be complete to submit but if the story is not complete, please make a note of that in your message.

If you work has great potential, you could receive an invitation to submit your entire story to my work e-mail at Breathless Press for consideration to publish.

Please remember that the critiques you receive in return are meant to be helpful. They are, in no way, an attack on yourself or your writing preference. If you do not feel you can take an honest crit, please do not submit. If, however, you believe you can handle it, BRING IT! I will never, ever say "This sucks!". That is not a critique and is not helpful.

**Note: All works are considered sole property of their author. They will not be shared, publicly posted, or tampered with in any way that violates the user's permission. By submitting your work, you are agreeing to receive a professional critique from a qualified editor. Submitting your work in no way guarantees publication.

Good luck and best regards! ~ D. F. Krieger

I was thinking of sending you what I have so far for my NNR story. It's far from pretty and where I'd like it, but could still use a dose of critique to help the prettying up process, as I call it. Anyway, following criteria, I'm currently at 6171 words. Is that too much to send via PM at present? Should I just send, say, the first portion? Let me know. Thanks.

darkangel76 said:
I was thinking of sending you what I have so far for my NNR story. It's far from pretty and where I'd like it, but could still use a dose of critique to help the prettying up process, as I call it. Anyway, following criteria, I'm currently at 6171 words. Is that too much to send via PM at present? Should I just send, say, the first portion? Let me know. Thanks.

If it is for this weekend, then send me the first six paragraphs. However, considering our previous discussion, you are more than welcome to send it to me via e-mail (the entire thing) as a .doc I have time tonight to look it over if you so desire.

On a side note, for those unable to be on this weekend, PM's can already be sent. I just wont be able to return them. Returns will be starting Saturday.

WriteMood said:
darkangel76 said:

If it is for this weekend, then send me the first six paragraphs. However, considering our previous discussion, you are more than welcome to send it to me via e-mail (the entire thing) as a .doc I have time tonight to look it over if you so desire.

Where can I locate your email address? Is it on your blog?

darkangel76 said:
WriteMood said:
darkangel76 said:

Where can I locate your email address? Is it on your blog?

I'll message it to you :)

Alright, I'm officially available to edit/critique anyone's work who is willing. Please send it via pm according to the format described in the first post. ~ D. F. Krieger

I'm loving the stuff that has been sent my way. Blue Moon is certainly home to quite a few very talented writers. Keep them coming, folks!

Last Call: Critiques will be closing in just a few hours. Hurry and get your PM in while you still can.

Submission for Edits/Critiques are now CLOSED! Thank you to everyone who has participated. I'm thrilled with the amount of response I received and the talent that has been uncovered from our fellow Blue Moon RPer's. I'm proud to admit that though I'm still working on a couple of submissions (those waiting have been informed of when to expect their edits), I've been able to invite a few people to send in their completed work for the opportunity to become published.

If you did send in a submission, and I never replied, please notify me at once as I did not receive it. Otherwise, I'm shutting the door on any further submissions. However, considering the overwhelming positive response this received, I will be running another thread come mid-January.

Have a great holiday season and remember, my PM box is always open to those who wish to learn more about the trek to becoming published! ~ D. F. Krieger

Back
Top Bottom