Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Warhammer Players in the house say "YEAH!"

Dr. Nibbles

Supernova
Hey, I'm an avid Warhammer 40k and Fantasy player along with some LotR and other games like D&D. Just wanted to see if there were any other nerds up in here that we could talk nerdy toy soldier stuff with. :)

While I don't play the TT I am an avid reader of the fluff. You'll find a few others on the site that do as well.

Not a fan of the Horus Heresy.

Personal favourites though are the Night Lord novels, both the series and the standalone, Commissar Cain series and the Eisenhorn trilogy. Titanicus is also up there.

I've read a lot, but I enjoy the inquisition and chaos space marine novels the most.

I've been reading the Soul Eaters and something to do with an Inquisitor. I've played a lot of DnD, haven't touch the 4.0 stuff. Like to play the TT warhammer fantasy. Looking to get a hobby of painting some Marines or Tao battle top stuff.

Pistol Kiss said:
Which army do you run?

Being as christmas day is my 10th year in the hobby and I've poured about 10k+ into it.... Its faster to say what I DON'T run.

I run:

40k:
Chaos- Nurgle, Slaanesh, World Eaters and Alpha Legion
Space Marines- Black Templars
Tyranid
Orks- Snakebites
A shit load of Necrons

Fantasy:
Warriors of Chaos (roughly 10,000 Points)
Goblins
Dark Elves
Vampire Counts

LotR:
Isengaurd

I believe its pronounced:

waaagh.jpg

I don't really play tabletop, but I do play a little bit of Dark Heresy and Black Crusade, as well reading Horus Heresy and Gaunts Ghosts. My favorite armies remain the Orks and the 'Nids, however.

¡¡¡¡¡¡OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!!!!

Gotta love bugs and fungus :p

Oh Khan, have you read Legion yet??? Everyone bags on the Alpha legion but after that book you'll cream your pants at the mentioning of their name. Not only are they trolls but their badasses too. I haven't played Black Crusade yet but I want toooooo.

Oh for the record, I'm starting a 40k RP on here using the dice roller in chat. :) It will use a simpler Dark Heresy rule system (basicly less skills and more leveling up stats and getting special talents) Anyone interested?

I've only just started HH and I don't have lots of time lately, so I'm only about halfway through False Gods. Remarkably consistent writing between Dan and Scott though, and I've only heard good things about the later books.

Eh, I don't really have time for a chat game, although I'd really like to play. If my Planescape game fails to get off the ground (which would suck, cause I've got a really cool ideas for it ;)) I'll think about running a PbP Black Crusade game here.

I would like to start playing DnD but i dont know anyone in my area who plays too. So kinda pointless getting the stuff to make a character, and to play if you cant play. Right?

I read the HH series, Gaunts Ghost series from the 40k universe, along with The Republic Commando books.
As far as tabletop goes. Only 40k, with my 'nids being my first army, my second army is The Dark Angels.

I'm interested in WH40K but I can't say I'm a big knower of it. I guess I just know the basics of the basics. I have read a pair of books and played a few games...
I was interested in playing DnD too but I didn't for the same reason as TemplarWraith... because there is no one in here who also plays it. In fact, there's rarely anyone that even knows it here. >.<

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7397205/1/Never_Forget

Hey ladies and gents. I know I've been out of the game for a bit but I wanted ya'll to know I'm still into both RPing and Gaming ;) I know we have alot of 40k fluff fans on this board so here's the prologue and first chapter little book series I've been working on.

*Clears throat*

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Super bump to bring this thread back from the dead! I started a painting tumblr to anyone interested in seeing my own hobby exploits.

http://warpainttutorials.tumblr.com/

I'm running out of ideas for my tyrannid scheme. Anybody have any ideas that could help me along? I'm trying to go for something natural and earthy so reds keep coming to mind. Or would it be cool to run a super technicolor bug army?

To answer the question at hand...

Reds and softer browns, with maybe some bone white tossed in can make a pretty nice Bug force. At the same time, a technicolour list is also kind of cool. Personally, I'd favour the earthen tones though.

And to long ago stated question:
Space mairnes - Storm Wardens - 6,000+ pts

Warriors of Chaos - 15,000+ points
Cult of Ulric - 3,000 points. (Yes, I know the cult was discontinued a long time ago. Sue me, i spent 2k on them, and probably put 5k hours of work into them. I'm keepin' em dammit!)

I actually did a brown and read scheme, maybe I need to soften the brown and throw in bone.

Wow, I didn't know anyone actually played Storm Wardens. What's your standard set up for them? Do you run them as Vanilla Marines or do you run them as something else?"

Also, that is one hell of a Warriors force! I haven't read the new Fantasy book for them, is it any good?

I have been playing vanilla space marines for the better part of...lemme think...carry the... yeah, 15 years. I could build them better with the current Dark Angels book, but now it's a matter of principal as much as anything!

I favour a large amount of tactical squads, as well as a pimped out command squad bombing around in a land raider Prometheus. I also run a small unit of vanguard veterans, all of them with Power sword and Strorm shields. Not the most effective, but terribly fluffy for the chapter!

The current Warriors book is...pretty solid actually. Dorked marauders too heavily. The old stet up of a 50 man block with flails, command, adn mark of Khorne for 300 pts? It's up to 530. So, marauders are taking up shelf space for me. warriors are pretty solid still. Base of 14 pts, 15 with a shield, and typically 2 pts/model for a mark. Tzeentch and Khorne marks didn't change. Neither did Slaanesh, which was a real let dow to me, and Nurgle became a flat -1 to hit in close combat.

But Chariots got moved into Core! And cheaper! Like scary cheaper! Mark of Khorne them and it 120 pts out the door! I'm scheming an all chariot list, and it actually looks like it might be viable against most opponents. And Daemon Princes are pretty hard-core now. Profile stayed the same, and they lost wings in the base profile. But they can take basic chaos armour, 25 pts or magic items, and 100 pts of gifts from the new table. They are a whole lot cheaper. Fully loaded out to my specs, they barely break 300 pts now.

Before I go completely off on the new book tangent, I'll cut it off here for now. Suffice to say, they screwed some things up, as GW always does, and made a few other things pretty cool.

Started with an Ultramarines pack,
but now I run Gray Knights, Khorne, and occasionally Tau.

As far as DnD, I'm actually running a pathfinder campaign on-site you might be interested in.
Linky link link.

I do pathfinder as well as Dark Heresy. And yes raze I'd love to take a look at your RP ^^

A lot of grey knight players still. Despite 6th edition beating them with the nerf hammer, note, not nearly as hard as it needs to be.

Good to hear they didn't go all tomb kings on my precious Warriors. As soon as I get some decent cash flow I'll be updating my army book collection.

Back
Top Bottom