Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fellow Bastion players?

Evo Var

Supernova
Hey so I am looking around to see if anyone on here has played or knows of the game Bastion by super giant games. I just finished it for the first time a few hours ago and loved it.

I have played some of it, but did not got very far by no fault of its own. Like many gamers, I am suffering from Too Much Too Fast. SPAZ, Dead Island, Sims 3 Pets, M&M Clash of Heroes. And now DC Universe is free to play (must... resist... urge...), LA Noire (Steam, can you please let me preload this 16 GB game?!), and the biggest one of them all is coming out in days.

TES V: Skyrim. As my sig hints, I won't be available the weekend of 11-11-11.

All of this is a shame really. What I have played I enjoyed but never got around to it.

I'm so pumped for Skyrim. Sadly, I haven't even heard of Bastion. What's it like?

Also - 11-11-11 is my birfday. :3 So uber excited.

--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
I'm so pumped for Skyrim. Sadly, I haven't even heard of Bastion. What's it like?

It looks kinda zelda like and you have multiple kinds of weapons. The world is destroyed and you need to rebuild it... I THINK. Like I mentioned, I have not got much through it. But what really makes it interesting is the narrator. He dynamically says like he is telling a story what your character is doing or being done to him. For example, if he is bashing a lot of stuff the unseen narrator might say, "Our hero goes on a rampage for no particular reason."

PatricioINTP said:
--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:

It looks kinda zelda like and you have multiple kinds of weapons. The world is destroyed and you need to rebuild it... I THINK. Like I mentioned, I have not got much through it. But what really makes it interesting is the narrator. He dynamically says like he is telling a story what your character is doing or being done to him. For example, if he is bashing a lot of stuff the unseen narrator might say, "Our hero goes on a rampage for no particular reason."

The game is only about 7 hours long if you play through just the story mode.

The game itself is nothing new, all you do is run around levels defeating enemies and gathering sharps(money) to upgrade your weapons(There are ten different weapons). But like PatricioINTP said its the narrator that makes it awesome. The creator melded the story into the game in a unique way. The guy will pock fun at you if you fall off the edge of the world to many times but then if you get through a hard part with taking no damage he will make note of that.

For example there are two areas you can go into and its just wave after wave of enemies that get harder and harder so like an arena but they make you want to eat it because after each wave the narrator will give you a piece of your history or one of the other characters history. I think I spent more time in those arena's trying to beat the waves with weapons that needed huge upgrades then in the actual story.

Also when you beat the game there are two endings so even if you choose one you can go back and play the story plus mode which just throws in a few new things. I love the idea since it means I will find new things even though my main aim will be to beat it and get to see the other ending.

Also there is a temple that you build which will let you activated totems that work like the skulls in Halo. Each one will make the game harder but then you also get better rewards if you beat the extra challenge.

Last thing is the the soundtrack which is amazing.

Bastion review

There are very few games out there that I love so much I work to get 100% of the achievements, but this was one of them. Love that game.

Back
Top Bottom