Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Fable of Heroes ( Luna x Jugger)

He chuckled and sat back and watched in amusement as she attempted to start a fire. She obviously was not one for the art of survival like this. "Well...For one...my parents would not have raised taxes and hired excess guards. There is no point...We are safe and the war is across the country. I feel like I'm running things wrong."

She cocked her head to the side and sat back on the grass, thinking of what to say. "Well...they are fighting a war, so they need the money. They were not fighting a war over seas when they were here. Now, we have to factor in coal, ship crew payments, and shipping. It's only normal that we would need more money in the coffers. Now on the guards...well, we are out here, that's two less brilliant people to watch over the people. How many soldiers do you think we equal up to?" She leaned in close as she said this, hoping to get her views across.

"Well...Its not like we're in any threat of being attacked at the castle anyway. There's a reason my great grandfather had this place built in a one-way area thats surrounded by mountains. We just have to have people do daily patrols along the routes leading out of here and we're usually alright." He said with a shrug. "I just hope I don't become a bad king." Seeing her lean in close, he smiled and wrapped an arm around her and pulled her over to give her a small bear hug as he began to laugh. "Ah well! I got you to help! I trust your judgement, which is why I made you my adviser!"

She laughed and squirmed away. "So was this all you wanted? To stop in the middle of the lawn and talk about your decisions?" She leaned back on the grass and relaxed in the sunlight, enjoying the sun on her pearl-colored skin. She hadn't been out of the castle in weeks, and she felt it was nice to try to warm up her body for a change.

"Nope. Just wanted to come out here with company for once. And I also figured that...well...Maybe you'd fall for me if we actually hung out outside of work you know?" He said as he looked up to the bright sky. He could see storm clouds rolling in from the distance, but they had a good hour before it would even begin to drizzle. "So...when that rain comes, you've gotta get into a tree burrow with me. Animals love to burrow near trees and they're really roomy. We can rest there for when the rain comes. They're everywhere around here so watch your step around tree trunks."

Sydney just shifted uncomfortably, unsure what to make of this reason. "Ummmm, alright....that's a good reason, I guess." She stood up and went to her belongings, dragging them off to a larger hole in a tree. "Well, might as well get comfy before the storm hits us." She crawled in after her gear, ignoring the looks her ass got. She stood up, seeing that there was indeed enough for for at least 4 people to be comfortable in. "Wow..." She mumbled, picking up her pack and setting it into a corner and setting up her sleeping area. She laid out her sleeping mat and pillow, throwing her cloak over the top of the mat.

Nathan smirked as he crawled in next to her and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her down with him and onto the sleeping mat as he held her close, laughing. "Got you now my beautiful adviser." He said with a laugh as he looked her in the eyes with a soft, innocent smile. "I assure you'll fall for me before the end of this trip. I just know it."

"Maybe, but not now." She punched him in the belly and rolled away. "Now, please get off my bed, prince." She smiled innocently back, and straightened out her cloak and mat. She laid down and rested her head on the pillow, looking out of the hole and into the darkening sky. After a few minutes, there was a crack of lightning, and then the rain started to fall. "Wow...it's really coming down. Guess it just proves that spring is here in force."

Nathan clenched his stomach when she punched him. "Who gave you the balls to attack your prince...?!" He said through clenched teeth before sitting up, frowning as he looked to her, his stomach still in slight pain as he looked outside to see the rain begin to fall. "Yeah. Good thing we found this burrow before it started to rain, right?" He said with a laugh. "Come on though Sydney...You don't have any sort of feelings for your prince?"

"You have to earn the right to know the answer to that question." She winked at him and laughed, before reaching over into his pack and fishing around for some food. She pulled out a loaf of bread and started to nibble on it. "How long do you think wee will be in here?" She asked, still looking out into the rain, enjoying the smells the rain and earth made.

He frowned. "Aye...You may be new but you've got guts..." He said as he looked to Sydney and smiled as he looked outside to the rain. "More like all night. It'll keep the hobbes in their caves and burrows as well as thieves." He said with a chuckle. "It gets so fun during the day when hobbes try to attack, or if bandits are attacked by hobbes, its fun to just watch before I go and finish off the rest and then loot the bodies."

She grinned widely at the mention of money. "Mmmmm, gold." She rubbed her hands together, making sure not to mess with the bread. "That's my kind of language." She finished it off and washed it down with some water, before laying down and stretching. "Well, if anything happens, just wake me up, I am going to take a nap." She yawned then curled up under her cloak, facing away from him.

"God damn you're a boring person..." He murmured as he looked to her. "Jeez. I know there wasn't anything to do other than sleep, but conversation could have been nice." He shook his head. He wouldn't force her. He sat near the entrance of the burrow and looked out to watch the rain hit the ground hard. The burrow would be a little murky in the morning, which is why he didn't care for setting out a blanket and such where it would be a pain to wrap up after being crusty with mud. He'd let her take the consequence of having done that, just as a little tease since she rejected him twice.

Sleeping soundly the rest of the night, she woke up early in the morning, yawning. "Mmmmm, wait...what the hell?" She rolled around, trying to get up, but found she was bound. "Nathan! What the hell did you do?" She yelled out, finding she lacked the strength to break the hold over her. "I swear to god...if you did this I will beat your ass."

"Hey hey. Its not my fault." He said as he appeared before her and laid down on her body that was stuck in the muddy blanket and muck that she slept on. The burrow was now dirty and muddy. "I tried to warn you, but you fell asleep." He said with a shrug as he laid his head on her stomach while he laid down in the muck with her. "You're trapped in your own bed. How funny."

She blushed heavily and roared, trying to get up. "Help me get out...please!" She kicked and rolled around, though not very well because she was pinned by the mud and by Nathan's weight. "Be a nice prince and help a maiden out!" She asked as sweetly as she could, fumbling around under the covers for a knife. If he would not help her, she would have to cut her way out.

"Heh. Too bad you can't do anything right? If you had a knife or something you could just cut them off of you at a loss of...well...nevermind. You already lost your sleeping arrangement. And if you had magic, you could probably just burn it off of you." He said with a laugh. "Fine. I'l get you out." Reaching down, he ebgan to tug and pull on the mat she was laying on that was wrapped around her and coverded with muck. Eventually he managed to get it off of her and he sat back, panting and smiling. "Damn...was really clinging to you, it was."

"You think?" She sighed and stood up, stretching and putting her knife away. "Never again....I will not sleep on the ground again in the rain." She swore, before pulling her cloak off the mat and storing it, washing the mud off of it. She looked at her poor mat and shook her head. "I can already feel the back ache..." She turned and looked at Nathan, "Well, time for the dashing prince to lead." She packed up her belongings, minus the mat, and crawled out.

"Lead? Lead to where?" He said as he hopped out of the burrow and helped her out. "We go out and hunt, live off the land and maybe even just fight off some bandits or hobbes." He shrugged. "If we're lucky, a balvorine...if we're unlucky, a pack of them. More than one is unlucky." He said with a laugh. "You sure you want to still come?" he snickered, knowing that it was not her decision to come in the first place.

"Nothing would please my cold heart more, your majesty." She did an elaborate bow, clearly mocking him. "Though seriously, I am new to this nature stuff....where exactly should I be hunting and stuff?" She asking sincerely, looking around after shrugging her pack back on, enjoying the lighter weight. "Maybe we should walk further into the forest if you really want to see more animals, and creatures..." She shuddered and made sure her sword and pistol were clean and ready.

He shook his head. "Maybe this whole thing was a bad idea...Or not. You're right. Let go deeper into the forest where we can at least find wolves a plenty. Don't attack though, they're docile unless provoked...Just watch out for bears. They're extremely hostile for no reason, kill for the fun of it is what they do. They don't eat what they kill most of them time and they cripple unlucky bastards so that they can't run, and let their young have experience at hunting and killing." He laughed. "This is going to be fun."

She paused and the color drained from her face. "Uhhhhhh, thanks...." She looked around before starting to walk along the path again, heading deeper into the forest. "Would you mind walking in front? Just in case of bear attack?" She smiled sweetly and giggled the most girl-like laugh she could, hoping to stroke his manliness into being a meat shield. "Plus, I can have a good view from back here." She added, hopping the compliment would help.

"You just want me to protect you from the bear I assume." He said with a shrug. "Shouldn't the adviser put herself before her prince however?" He mused as he walked ahead of her. "Whatever. Though...Bears tend to get sneaky...Like to sneak up behind their prey and whatnot..." Wasn't true, but he just wanted to tease her. "We can't go too deep into the forest though. The last thing we need is to get lost in territory that even I don't know by heart."

"Ummmm, I still feel like you should go in front, lead the way to glory and what-not." She did look over her shoulder several times as they walked forwards, just making sure. Thanks to his advice...she was now jumpy as a cat and holding her weapons, just in case. "Well...what do you want to talk about now?" She asked, looking around the forest and keeping her ears perked up, even if her eyes did stray to Nathan on occasion...

(Aye. You're still doing the whole thing with her being an evil witch in disguise right?)

Nathan shrugged. "I don't know. I just wanted you out here with me so that you could slowly fall in love with me, or at least be more open to me." He shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me. Its your life. Anywho...This is far enough. I mark the areas I've last traveled to, and I'd rather not bring company along for exploration trips." He said as they stopped at a tree that had a large gash with the symbol of Albion etched into it. "Now then...Maybe I'll cut this trip short. Tomorrow we'll head back. I don't want to bore you."

Back
Top Bottom