Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Unlikely Duo (Kane25)

Jericho stared at her, his weight on his cane as he leaned on it. He stared at her still, hearing her say that he was not surprised...And he wasn't. He was expecting some sort of strange trap, but he wasn't expecting that she was not an everyday human. No doubt that she would be chased around, and she looked like she was hurt much more mentally then anything. She was strong, but she might need a heal her mind for a while. Jericho sighed, standing up and cracking his back a little bit.

"Well...I'm happy that we don't have to fight anymore." He chuckled, "And something tells me that the demons had something in mind for me as well, seeing that I have no comrades and that I was ambushed out of nowhere by that guild." He began walking down the road, appearing to be heading for the city. He needed to find answers either way, and he decided that getting them from that human organization was the best, and it was definitely going to be the easiest.

Even with her desire to take some time to herself, there weren't very many areas nearby that weren't inhabited by a branch of the hunters' guild. But of course, she couldn't just stick around here. She knew of some gathering points the guild used, though they were most likely occupied already. Information was distributed quickly in the guild, so it was likely they already knew to look out for her. She kept her arms crossed over her chest, still thinking of her plans.

"I wonder about that..." She had no reason to fight him, but part of her still wished to finish what they started. Her habits as a hunter would be hard to kill. "I find that hard to believe. If you're as important as I've been told, I can't understand why this would happen with you too." She paused as she watched him head off. And while he may not have been heading to Grand Central before, it sure looked like he was now. "Hold on. Are you seriously planning to waltz right into the city with them knowing you were here?"

Jericho heard her question and looked back with a grin, "But of course. What else am I going to do if I need to find some answers?" He quit moving, his cane stopping itself on the ground. Grand Central would probably take a while to get to on foot, especially if one had a cane. He looked at her curiously, cocking his head to the side. Seeing how they both were attacked by the same enemy, he wondered about her own situation. He decided that it was best that they shouldn't team up....It would be strange for such a combination.

"You are also in a bad situation." Jericho said, moving slowly as he spoke, "You should probably take shelter somewhere near here while you heal up. It's dangerous for a human and demon hybrid to just be wandering around, especially since you are a big target for them right now. If you have a place to go to, it would be best for you to go there."

Misaki muttered softly to herself. "I don't see how that'll accomplish anything rather than cause mass chaos. Wouldn't it be easier to ask your fellow demons?" She seemed to say that with a hint of contempt. She still wasn't very comfortable being around demons, especially when she was so used to slaying them. At the same time, she was feeling very uneasy about him heading for Grand Central. She still felt the obligation to protect it,, despite being labeled a traitor by now.

She wasn't really fond of being compared to a demon, but he did have a point. While his situation was a hunch at the moment, that would pretty much set them together with their statuses as traitors. "I'm not sure what to think of a demon being so considerate, but my injuries will heal shortly. As for a place, there is no place left for me. The only place I belonged was at the guild. My homeland is too far to reach on foot. As for you, I don't think I can just leave you alone. While I may not be as welcome now, Grand Central is like a second home. I can't have you just walking in and disturbing the peace."

"Asking my fellow demons...." Jericho chuckled, shaking his head lightly at her question. Demons weren't known to work together much...they were selfish greedy creatures. Jericho didn't like any demons honestly, and he preferred it that way. He cracked his neck lightly before glancing back at her, "They wouldn't be much help. Even if I tried torturing them. And I don't exactly want to head back tot he demon world..." He sighed, tapping his cane lightly on the road.

Jericho couldn't help but smile when she said that she would tag along with him to make sure he wouldn't create some chaos. He had no intention of doing so, but he didn't fee like fighting her about it. Instead, he found it amusing and interesting. Maybe he could also learn more about that mysterious power that he somehow recognized..."Okay then." he laughed, "You have full permission to try to kill me if I disturb the peace." Honestly, he didn't exactly know where to start looking...this was his first time in a long time that he had been in the human world, and going to a major city like Grand Central was going to be odd for him.

It seemed that things were really going to be complicated for them both. Misaki grumbled softly still, still trying to figure him out. "Torturing them huh...? That sounds wonderful..." And while she was so used to taking out demons, her tone held some sarcasm. She didn't think he'd have any problems with other demons, especially when he would be commanding them. They wouldn't try to do anything rash against him would they? "Geez...well if you're not going back, I'll just have to monitor you. Don't think of me as some sort of partner. You do anything stupid I won't hesitate to kill you myself."

Seeing as he wasn't going to be changing his mind anytime soon, Misaki was already heading back towards Grand Central. Neither of them had a plan, but they could think of one on the way. "At least the ordinary citizens won't pick up on your presence. If you wander too close to the guild, you're just asking for them to come out eventually. Then again, it seemed that they intended to take both of us out back there. Since their plan failed, they may still be recovering. I'd prefer you didn't go around killing any more than you have already, but even I want to get some answers. Problem is we have to be really cautious once we get closer."

Jericho knew something was up with both the demons and the hunters. For one, he usually always had demons tailing him around. They would have let him know that there would be an ambush coming up, and he would have figured things out easily. The fact that none were with him and that both the girl and him had the same enemy at this point, it made him think about the demon side. The hunters wouldn't ally themselves with demons...so why did the demons not have Jericho's back? Something was odd and stabbing into him...and he was determined to find out what the hell it was. And he guessed it had something to do with the girl.

"I've never been to such a large human city." Jericho said, not quite walking with her but at least being near, "As long as I can remember at least." His cane was padding lightly on the ground, holding his weight as he calmly made his way down the highway. "Grand Central, is that it's name? Demons talk about it often. About it being the breeding grounds of humanity. Is that all true?" He asked, cocking his head in curiosity while looking at the girl.

"As long as I can remember at least." For some reason, that comment struck Misaki as odd. She didn't think about it so much right now, but it did bug her a little. The only thing accompanying her gentle footsteps was the rhythmic tapping of his cane. She intentionally changed the speed of her walk just so she wouldn't be in sync with it. She did her best not to flash a nasty glare in his direction. That had to have been one of the oddest questions she had ever been asked. She would have snapped back at him about how only a demon could be so ignorant, but she managed to keep it together.

"Grand Central...the breeding grounds of humanity? I'm not sure what they think about us. Grand Central is certainly a very populous city, but all of humanity isn't born from here." He'd be able to tell she was annoyed with that question. She looked like a three year old had somehow insulted her by calling her an old hag. "I can imagine that they only started talking about it more after the guild came in. I hadn't come here until a few months or so after we came over. There's even more people than before. Not surprisingly, it would be a big target against a possible demon assault. That's why the guild HQ is here, with most of the best hunters ready. If we're careless, we may get a good taste of their combined might. I'd rather not deal with that at the moment."

Jericho sensed her agitation and smiled just a little. He wasn't one to make life bad for anyone, but he guessed that him being an enemy wasn't making her happy with the situation at all. "It has always been a big target for demon assault. Demons have been wanting to hit it for ages." He said, not caring if it was supposed to be kept secret, "Only reason why we haven't is because of the guilds and the fact that human technology has advanced so far that it is actually troublesome to fight against." He sighed, cracking his neck, "It sounds odd, but it's completely true."

His cane tapped lightly on the ground, his smirk still ear to ear, "Humans are stronger then what most demons think. It's why us elite demons live so long. I never underestimate my opponent. And I'm sure you don't either." He chuckled lightly, his messy black hair being brushed out of his eyes with his hands. "Another question...Where are you going to live now that you can't enter the guild?" He asked, cocking his head again, "I'm sure the guild will probably cut your salary...if they could, they probably have erased everything you saved up too, right?"

Back
Top Bottom