Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Honored Guest (runawayninja/Joss)

Rafe chuckled softly and stroked his cheek and neck, nodding slowly. "Certainly, reasonable requests for my noble guest." He helped the boy up and slowly guided him to a large indoor bath of the old style of previous civilizations, covered in tile and ikonic art depicting a hero battling a mighty fiend with multiple beast heads. Warm water constantly flowed through a complex series of pipes and fountains in the shape of great fish-things breathing water into the pool. He smiled and motioned him forward. "Bathe as you will..."

Rafe summoned a servant, another young boy and told him to bring some fine clothes for his guest for when he finished in the bath.

Theon stepped into the hot scented water. He felt dizzy and flushed from the heat of the water and his own exertions, he was used to bathing in the ocean or perhaps a basin of well water, this was just extravagance. He stumbled at sat down in the warm water feeling the liquid caress his form. At least the drainage kept him from sitting in his own filth the boy thought.

He plunged beneath the water and let the current take and uncoil his braid. His hair flowed in the water, he ran his fingers through it letting the dust from his travels out.

He came up for a breath but quickly submerged once more sinking to the bottom of the great tub. Thinking silently, you are a son of the Reaver. You never pay the gold price, but just moments ago you cried out in ecstasy while acting like a ewe to his ram. You sicken me! he railed against himself. But I must survive and to survive here it seems I need this Lord, this Rafe.

Rafe smiled, watching his guest bathe. He himself stripped down and slipped into the water, washing off his sleek, athletic form from the sweat of their lovemaking. But his dip was relatively quick as he swiftly got out, only wanting to quickly wash off. Then when he was out, he dried himself with a cloth towel, leaving one for his young guest along with a soft, silken, cream-colored robe, wearing an emerald one himself. "I'll take you to the guest room when you finish, young noble."

Theon emerged from the water glistening, his build was lean but his shoulders already showed the muscle that was his from a life of raiding and war making. He was slightly self concious with the idea of the man watching him bathe, but thought better of himself the man had already seen more of Theon than he thought was even possible.

"I'll take you to the guest room when you finish, young noble." The words were honeyed and polite, similar to the first time Rafe had offered him provisions. Theon toweled himself off catching the rapacious lord eying his body. Well at least I am not totally without a weapon, Theon smiled and took extra cared drying off his manhood and ass, letting the cloth hide very little. The soft patch of hair just beneath his navel glittered with the water.

As he approached he made sure the man could got plenty of looks before he was done. Theon reached for the cream colored robe, and clicked his tongue in annoyance. He ripped the obvious expensive cloth into a rough loin cloth before donning it, leaving his chest and stomach bare. His smile was hidden but his eyes perhaps gave it away, good, this lord Rafe owes me for my old clothes, I will repay all debts.

Rafe chuckled softly at him. "My my, so fierce..." He seemed amused at Theon's little display, more amused than anything else. He shook his head softly and motioned for Theon to follow.

Rafe led him down dark halls to a room with a large, soft bed, silken sheets and pillows, along with more fine art, murals, sculptures, and others. Incense wafted into the room from the hall, filling it with a relaxing scent. "This is where you can sleep. Rest well, tomorrow I'm going to take you hunting. We have large and dangerous prey here, so you'll need your strength, young noble." He smirked and leaned close to him, whispering into his eye hotly from behind as his warm breath tickled the boy's neck. "It'll be a hard hunt...big game..."

Theon shuddered when the man drew close, his body reacted simply by the man's proximity. " Sleep well m'lord." he called before closing the chamber door. He found the strange contraption that erupted with that stinking perfume smoke and dumped the basin of water into the brazier, dousing the coals. He searched the room for a likely weapon but the closest thing he could find was a solid rod used to hold up the curtains. He ripped them down and set his new club down. The next order of business was to rip the blankets off the bed. Theon found a corner he could sit up in while he rested his club close to hand. This militaristic practice soothed the exhausted boy and he was soon lightly snoring softly.

When morning dawned, bringing the bright southern sun, Rafe came to check on his young ward. He slowly opened the doors, looking for the young man. "Theon..? Did you sleep well, my boy?" Rafe certainly wasn't expecting him to be laying on the ground. He gave a soft chuckle and shook his head. "You're so tense and serious for one so young and pretty..."

When the door opened the boy's left eye opened, it was his jailor, or perhaps his master, he was not sure where the second idea came from but it was not totally unwanted. He pulled himself out of the nest of blankets and stretched languidly in the bright sun light, like the cats that haunted the castle where he grew up.

" Did I sleep late Lord Rafe?" he asked his voice dripping with sweetness. He ran his hands down his body and scratched at his crotch through the loin cloth. He smirked at the man. " I am most ready to break my fast, but please no poison in my food this morning, you will want me alert for this hunt I am sure."

Rafe gave a hearty laugh that seemed to almost knock him over. "Good, boy! You're actually learning to laugh! Good joke! No, no poison this morning, I do want you alert for the hunt. I wouldn't want you to be surprised by a crocodile or the like, now. Come, let's eat well." He motioned for the boy to follow him for breakfast, serving the dining hall, the same as before.

Breakfast was simpler than the meal last night. Fresh bread, fruits, and some sweet ham.

Theon followed dutifully wondering what a crock a dial was. When he saw the food laid out he ate with gusto as only a growing lad could. He made several sandwiches from the meat and bread and stuffed himself. The whole time he looked around the room trying to memorize every part of it.

When the food was finished Theon reclined on the soft pillows allowing the attractive men and women servants clear the table. He looked to the pile of pillows that he was taken upon last night. They were of different shades than the night before, he noticed they matched Rafe's garments for the day. Just looking at the pillows made his boy react queerly, he felt his loins quicken. He braided his red hair into a warrior's knot trying to ignore the urges that were dormant inside him.

Rafe smirked at him and slipped out to change for a moment. When he returned, he had discarded the silken robe and leggings and his torso was now bare, leaving Theon to see his chest and abs quite clearly. He was wearing some simple white cloth leggings tied to his waste by a red sash with a long, curved dagger attached to it. He held a long recurve bow and a quiver of arrows hung at his side. He offer Theon his own dagger, bow, and arrows. "If you would prefer a different weapon, I can have it arranged, but I would suggest fighting from a range. Crocodiles and lions are not to be tangled with in melee. Actually what you're wearing would be ideal, given the light and heat here...but..." He smirked a bit. "We'll need to rub oil on you to prevent your flesh from burning too harshly..."

Theon stared at the weapons and the man, trying to decide which was more dangerous. " When we hunt the coldbear up north we use a spear and a weighted net. Are Lie-Ons and Crock-a-Dials anything like the great bears?" Theon stared at the man and licked his lips, " Oil m'lord?"

"Bears...I've heard of them, but never seen such beasts. Yes, they are similar, but different as well. You'll see if we find any, and I'll make sure you're armed as you wish. We have spears if you like, throwing spears and hand spears...I simply prefer the bow." He smirked a bit and nodded slowly, motioning for him to follow. "You'll need oil over your body to protect you from the harsh sun here." He was walking towards the outside of the palace.

Once there, an attendant brought him a phial of oil and Rafe rubbed it onto his hands before he started to firmly and slowly massage the oil over the boy's body. "Relax...this will keep you safe." He smiled a bit as his hands passed over the boy's flesh.

Theon watched the man as he worked the oil into his body. There was fierce pride when the man spent appreciatory time on his chest and arms. Massaging the oil in, then running hands back over the places slowly. " I will need one longspear only on this hunt m'lord. One atleast as tall as I am." The boy extended his arm over his head emphasizing the size. " Razor sharp of course."

When the man rubbed the oil on Theon's legs he made sure to lean forward, keeping his groin mere inches from the man's hands or face. When Rafe gave him a exasperated smile, Theon merely smirked back knowingly. Mayhaps I will hunt deadlier prey than lie-ons and crock-a-dials, Theon thought to himself.

Rafe smirked at the boy and slowly took his time rubbing the oil into the boy's soft, almost feminine rear. "Mmm...well...I'll make sure you receive a...very fine longspear..." He grinned a bit at the obvious joke before he sent and attendant.

The young boy returned, carefully holding a bronze longspear, a fine one and quite light and easy to strike swiftly with. Rafe took it and dismissed the boy slowly offering it to Theon. "I'm trusting you as my guest not to display any treachery." He spoke in an almost fatherly tone. "I trust you greatly now, Theon, as my honored guest."

Theon watched the boy come and give his master the spear. A strange pang stabbed into his stomach, for a moment he thought it was jealousy, he quickly quashed that line of thought and returned to admiring the spear. Bronze was a metal that was forged from two types of weak metal to make a stronger one. All weapons that the Northmen owned were won with the iron price or made from animal bone and wood. The smiths at father's court had never had the secrets of alchemy or metallurgy so this was a great gift indeed.

" Thank you m'lord, I will not betray your trust," Theon said, wondering if he meant it.

Rafe slowly put a hand on his charge's shoulder. "It is a fine weapon." He laughed softly. "Just don't get yourself killed now! You're useful to me alive!" Rafe led him to his stables where there were a pair of fine stallions ready to go, loaded with plenty of water, salted and dried meat and fish, and some bread. Rafe got on one and immediately started off, expecting his warrior guest to be able to keep up. They were headed far down river from the city, where the prey animals gathered to drink and attracted the predators.

Theon all but hugged the horse when Lord Rafe said this was to be his mount. He had spent plenty of hours in his family's stables working with the master of horses. That man had been like a second father and had taught Theon all he knew. The dappled grey was an attractive horse, and with a practiced eye Theon could tell he was in very good shape. His teeth were square and a pearly white. His eye were shiny and watchful while his coat was completely free of bugs and snarls.

When he caught up with Rafe he asked, " Does he have a name m'lord? " he was happy as a clam and even though he quite often dined on the mollusks up north he had no idea what that meant to this day. " He is a fine animal, thank you! Honestly!"

They rode along the banks of the river, so unlike the northern fjords that were icy and rock filled, this river was a great blue snake, slithering through a country the color of wheat. The only color besides the river and sky were the small trees that dappled the grassy savannah. Their leaves slender and sharp. Nothing like the oaks and weirwoods of the North.

"Your welcome, he is a fine animal indeed! That is why you ride him. I know the people of your tribe are horse riders, so I thought you'd know how and be able to appreciate him. He's a fine sprinter. And his name is Latinkon. It means Westerner in an old language." Rafe continued to ride, smiling firmly as he saw Theon on the horse. He loved being on the open savannah. It awakened the predator in him.

Rafe picked a large and shady Acacia Tree for them to tie their horses upon and he took some gulps of water from a waterskin. "Ahh..." He smiled at Theon. "You ready for this, boy? Can you feel the blood awakening?" Rafe thought this activity might be something that they could share, since this little man seemed so tough and fierce.

" Latinkon...," Theon tried the strange word on his tongue several times. " It is a good name." The boy decided with a chuckle. He spurred the beast on to keep pace with the older lord. Keeping the spear leveled in the crook of his arm so as not to injure the animal.

The boy thumped his chest in the customary warrior style. " I am ready, although I do not know where an animal would hide in this strange place. Do these crock-a-dials live in trees such as these?" The boy searched the area with a hawkeye. It was strange in the north the predators very rarely hid, they were brazen like the men of that snowy place. The prey animals like deer and elk haunted the forest glades while great sheep and mammoth took to the hills and mountains. Here though was only flat open ground. There were some strange deer in the distance, but they had passed many herds of them without Rafe calling any notice.

He checked to make sure the horse's tack was in place and his spear point ready, he nodded at the man, " I am ready."

Rafe pointed to the river where a number of zebra and antelope were grazing on the wild grasses by the river and drinking from the waters. "The black and white ones are zebra...and the brown ones with the horns are antelope. The crocodiles are great lizards that swim in the rivers and the lions are large cats..." He pointed out towards the savannah where there were tall grasses. "The lions will come from there. They stalk amidst the grasses...if we're lucky, we might even see a hippo. Great, mammoth beasts that float in the waters, they are fierce enough that predators don't hunt them."

He looked at him. "Later, I should like to hear of the great hunts you have been on, young noble." Rafe squatted near the tree, taking a low position as he slowly scanned the waters and the grasses, looking for signs of his chosen prey. "Watch the herds too, you can tell if they sense something amiss by their reactions."

He dismounted and leaned down next to the man searching for spore. The ground was dry and cracked and the horses seemed to leave footprints. " This is a strange world m'lord. The only herds we have are sheep and we want predators to stay away. The ground is even strange it leaves very little evidence much unlike the loam of the forest." He whispered close to the man's ear. It was strange being out here, on the hunt, made him respect the man more, made him want to...better to not think of such things. He licked his lips and left it at that.

He scanned the river searching for the giant lizards. He thought he had seen one but it turned out to be a floating log. " Do they not come up to breathe?" he wondered. The zebras seemed to be restless but they had not stopped drinking their fill. The horselike animals seemed to be watching the water right next to the muddy banks, it had to be mere inches deep. " Why are they so restless Rafe?" he whispered again.

He caught himself watching the man's eyes, they were piercing and seemed to see things Theon could not. He licked his lips again.

"They do, but they are made for their environment. They only need to lift a nose up to the air, and they can stay down for a while. The zebras are nervous because of the crocodiles." Rafe slowly and stealthily began to move down away from the tree, making sure to move against the wind so his scent didn't carry. "Keep an eye on the river and the grasses. If you see either stir unnaturally, it could be a predator. Lions will hunt humans if they can, we tend to make for easy prey compared to the others they usually find. Crocodiles can look like driftwood on the surface..." Rafe moved slowly, not wanting to prematurely spook the herds.

Now this is something Theon could do, stalking. He had once crept up on an elk, he got a hand on its antlers before the crowned stag fled. He had not the heart to kill such a fine beast.

He followed behind Rafe, footstep inside footstep. His spear was leveled, ready for a stab or a throw if the situation demanded it. He kept one eye on the back trail searching for Lie-ons the big cats that must be like the ice tigers of the far north. He kept his breathing down and made sure to keep downwind of the herd. He wanted to prove that he was a great hunter as well.

Rafe slowly took an arrow and nocked it into the bow, pulling back only slightly. The zebras became skiddish and a few were stepping back. "Yea...there's a beast in the water...ready that spear, if he charges out, stab him through the mouth, they have very thick scales." Rafe slowed his breathing to try and control his racing heart. He crept closer still until they were little more than five yards from the water. He whispered very low, right in Theon's ear. "They can charge quickly from the water, so be on your guard. Never, ever let one get you into the water, it will roll you until you drown or it tears off a limb.

Rafe was about to take a step closer when the crashing sound of the water breaking was heard and amongst the mass of the water that poured forth onto the back, a great dark green, almost black lizard with a huge gaping maw tore forward onto the grass and sand, thundering out towards the pair, ignoring the herds completely. The monster was huge, perhaps twenty feet in length. Rafe held fast to his position and let an arrow fly, putting out one of the beast's eyes to break its charge and distract it with pain. "Now Theon, take it!"

Back
Top Bottom