Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Trek Online

vampire seduction

Supernova
So.

Couple friends of mine were talking about the Star Trek Online game a week or so ago and I thought it sounded pretty good, plus I had had my eye on it before that. I've never really played a MMO before, and my mindset was that I didn't have enough time to play a game I was paying for. So my one friend sent me one of the 10-day trials he had left, which was last night.

So.

Yeah.

That game fucking kicks amazing fucking ass. He told me that the ground combat was a little weird and he didn't like it much, though my other friend likes it, but he loved the space combat.

Jesus.

Christ.

Space combat is beautiful. I certainly love this game. I just might actually buy it and pay for it monthly. Imagine that!

So, who else here plays it? I'd like to friend up some BMers.
If you don't like the game in some form or have some negative things to say, keep it the fuck out. I don't really care =D

***UPDATE***

My username on STO is: ShiftedChaos

Ad me nao bitches. Pop my MMO cherry

Im game!, I was thinking of playing it also. Let me know when and I can grab a copy from the exchange.

Tathariel said:
from the exchange

God that sounds so criminal, like the Black Market or something hahaha

If you mean when I'll be on, I'm usually gonna be on for the next nine days (including today) from 10p-11:30p EST every night. If I end up buying it I'm gonna try for at least three nights a week. I gotta pace myself for when Starcraft 2 comes out and I crack out on that XD

I will say the ground combat can be a little funky and/or awkward, but I don't mind it at all really. The space combat is superior, though, in my opinion :3

I should prolly give my username, haha. It's added at the bottom of the OP.

The gamestop at fort lewis (now joint base lewis/mcchord) had copies on hand, so they should be available at just about every exchange if they have gotten game shipments recently... haven't been to the main px here, so don't know if they have it in. I was thinking about trying it, but with this deployment just about over (get to go home in two days), I am not buying any games for the time being.

So when I went to go buy the game today, the store only had the collecters editions of the game available. Not that I mind, however thats more money than I had planned to spend. Sorry to say, I wont be able to buy it until may 1st. I'll still buy it and gladly play with you.

In theory you could download the client from Cryptic Studios (STO mainsite client download page) and then just buy a 30 day subscription, which costs $15. That's the cheapest route. Client is a free download, since you can't do anything with it (besides install) if you don't have an account. I've got cable at about 1-2 Mbps and it took about 8 hours to download from them; it's almost 8 gigs.

The basic edition of the game usually comes with a 30 day free subscription and then something extra, depending on where you buy it. Collector's and Digital Deluxe (download only, no box/disc) versions come with extra neat stuff, but not that big of a deal if you don't care about that sort of thing.

Also, I just saw that Steam offers the Digital Deluxe download for $39.99, which is $20 off the usual price (Gamestop has the same offer, though on Steam there's a bonus unique item for your ship). Here's the link for that: Steam STO download

Just some options over and above the cost of what I'm guessing you saw ($70, I think?)

I really want to play STO, but I'm already playing like 8 MMOs. Paying $15 for one is already bad enough, but I pay another $5 for another one. I don't think I can afford $35 a month for games I already spend most of my life in. XD

I hope that when I have time it will be just as awesome as I hear it is. :)

Back
Top Bottom