Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jin's reviews and random jazz.

Jin

Moon
Well, I've been pondering on where I could let some of my joy for the things I play and love, and this seems like a good place to start. Note that whatever reviews I do may have a spoiler or two in it, but I'll try and keep it to a minimum.

I'm very strongly opinionated, so if you disagree with me, well....fuck you too then. J...K...Not really. Moving on, I think I'll do a review on the movie "Kick-ass" and the F2P "Karos, The war begins". Both I enjoy very much, and so both are gonna get a review by me.

Movie review: Kick-Ass
Short synopsis
We start with the main character Dave. He's always wondered, why aren't there any superheros out there, when there are certainly super villains to be dealt with. Through a very funny, and engaging beginning, we begin his, for lack of a better word, very quirky and hilarious transformation from boy to vigilante. He's a high school student, and he goes through the typical high school life for a nerd. He's bullied, he's socially awkward, and he just can't seem to land the girl of his dreams. After he becomes Kick-Ass, he basically gets his ass handed to him the first go round, and normally one would give up. No, not Kick-Ass though. He gets up, and has another go round. The second time, being somewhat successful, he becomes famous, and an Icon.

Review
I know, the synopsis wasn't very impressive, but I'm not the best at giving someone the plot, but rather explaining how I feel about it. Let me say this first. I fucking loved it. I couldn't have asked for more. I read the graphic novel first, and after watching the movie, I was NOT disappointed. Any who, the things I loved most about this movie, and probably my favorite moments without many spoilers would have to be the way that Hit-girl commanded the screen. Everytime she came on the scene, you just knew she meant business. I mean, she wrecked some baddies to the theme of the banana splits theme song. Theme song for your listening pleasure Yes, the moment this happened, I fell in love with the character. Not in the creepy pedo way, but in the way that she could be my body guard any day.

Nicholas Cage. He didn't piss me off for once. I normally find that he lacks a certain emotion, but he really did a good job as Big Daddy, and I feel that he stuck to his character really well. Whether he was the one doing the fighting or not, he did well as an actor, and he was hilarious with his comic-esque dialogue when he was Big Daddy.

Dave as Kick-Ass did fantastic too. I was convinced that he wanted to do what was right, but something I did NOT like was Spoiler!!! after his first encounter, he was nearly killed and in the graphic novel he wasn't too keen on doing this super hero thing anymore, and then after seeing the news and everything, his spirit was rekindled. However, in the movie, he wasn't deterred from doing it after being stabbed and basically killed via car./spoiler!!! But besides, he did a real good job.

Mc fucking Lovin as Red-Mist made my day. He did fantastic, and while I wasn't too pleased with a scene that happened later on, he still made the character, and did what he needed to do.

The story
The story follows the graphic novel to a T with the exception of a few scenes, and a few plot points with Kick-Ass and a love interest. I won't ruin anything, but I will say the opposite happened in the Graphic novel, but it didn't bother me any. In fact, I rather enjoyed it more so than how it went in the Graphic novel. Even if it is less Cliché in he novel.

The ending
It could have been better, but it could have also been worse. This also just reinforces just WHY I LOVED Hit-girl, is the last few scenes was made because of her. She controlled it all, and while it kinda hinted toward a sequel, I wouldn't mind seeing one but they better not mess shit up.

Overall feel
Like I said earlier, I loved it. It was everything I wanted it to be. It had it's share of hilarious moments, and it also shared that badass feeling. Kinda like a hilarious "Watchmen" movie without the bad actors, and the giant blue man who wears no clothes.

That's my review on Kickass, I'll do one on the mmo in a following post.​

Back
Top Bottom