Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Promise of a Daughter

Tara was ready to argue with him but when he explained his situation now she felt a hollowness inside of her gut. “What?” She shook her head standing shakily and going over to him, “You might have what they had? How do we fix it? I don’t want you to die Thomas.” Her words surprised even her as did the tears that sprung to her eyes. “I mean they have a vaccine right? They can just give you a shot and you will be alright won’t you?” Her hand was gripping his arm not and her heart was pounding. Just a day prior she had been telling him she could not wait for his death but in that moment knowing it was a likelihood she was ready to recant her statement

“You can’t die! They need you!” She refused to even consider she needed him and now she wondered if she had been so unaffected by the kiss he had given her before the announcement of a mission came. “Tell me what to do Thomas.”

Her eyes shut trying to will away tears but instead of responding she turned and followed the path the others had taken. She wanted to be off of the air craft and away from the dangers of the world to be safe in her little bubble of security that once was her life. When they did arrive home depression caught her in its ugly snare and she locked herself in the room without eating or leaving it save going to the rest room. She had cried until no tears were left to come out and now all she had was the silence left behind in the wake of her sobs.

Back
Top Bottom