Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sorceress Cryomancer and the Lord Hemomancer[Karameida x Raziel99]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karameida

Sometimes a Dream, Sometimes a Nightmare

Nasuna stared at the frozen remains of her would be assassin/recruiter and frowned slightly. The number of people trying to recruit or kill her had increase greatly within the past few months and it troubled her a little, she did not enjoy killing perfectly good test subjects nor did she enjoy having her peace disturbed daily. She'd been hunted down by various lords of different lands all of them trying to use and manipulate her abilities and mind. In their mind if she would not join them she would die so every so often a guy would come and make the same offer she'd declined previously and attempt to kill her should she refuse again. It was a little surprising that they could still find willing people to try and kill her.

With a slight shrug of her slender shoulders she stood up and smoothed out the wrinkles from her clothes. Stepping over to the human icicle she flicked it and it shattered into pieces until it was nothing more than a mist, moving her fingers the ice mist moved out of her window and disappeared into the trees to join the remains of god knew how many other victims. She shook her hands as if shaking excess water from them and smiled a little bit. She supposed it was time she made a little visit to the Lord of the land she was currently inhabiting. Rumor had it, he'd come by a very interesting item and it had piqued her scientific curiosity.

Tying her cape around her neck she wrapped it tightly around herself and pulled the hood around her face to conceal her identity, having her reputation was very advantageous to a point at other times it was troublesome. Leaving her house behind she set off for the castle to confront the Lord and perhaps get her hands on this new item. Though lucky enough she lived rather close to the castle as it became more dangerous for would be assassins to get that close to the Lord without being stopped. Still the amount that got through left a lot to be desired.

It wasn't long before she approached the gates of the Castle and smiled as the guards stiffened and tightened their grip on their weapons. Holding her hand out she smiled silencing one of the guards "I am Nasuna, the Sorceress I wish to gain an audience with the Lord." she stated and smirked as the faces of the guards paled slightly. They looked at each other and then back at the black robbed figure then back to each other again. The older guard nodded and the younger one hurried inside and then began the chain to reach and tell the lord of her arrival.

This would be a point of which her reputation was an advantage, she wasn't actually a sorceress she had just been pegged as one due to various different things. Her abilities with concoctions to heal with a few odd side affects that she neglected to mention. Then there was the fact that things got much colder when she was around her outfit was a bit exotic as was her looks in general. You didn't see many people walking around with light mocha colored skin or deep black hair and black eyes laced with blue. So terms such as "Witch" or "Sorceress" were terms often used to describe her, so she lived up to the reputation and went by "sorceress" it sounded more refined then "witch".

RE: The Sorceress Cryomancer and the Lord Hemomancer

It was almost as if he enjoyed the level of sadism he did as he killed this lord. He wasn’t one to settle for betrayal, and this man went at him with his own hand. Pathetic. He tossed the body easily to the side, not a drop left in the body. Such a weak man, he even gave him the blow, but he wasn’t even scratched from it. Still, he helped himself to the man’s coffers. And what he found was something most interesting: A map. And with a quick study, he found that it would be a very interesting treasure. He sent some men out with it, carrying the gold back with the rest of the people. More for him.

He simply waited at his castle, a few days passing before the group came back, carefully carrying a crystal. At first glance it looked like a piece of Lapis Lazuli. But as one of them slipped in carrying it, the magical properties were obvious: He froze instantly into crystal. Alexander stood, slowly walking to the man and looking over him, before putting on a glove and carrying it himself to a hidden room in the castle. This would be a very good piece of treasure in the future. He didn’t even bother asking how many saw them bringing it to the castle.

It was only two days later that the castle was having someone ‘visit.’ The sorceress Nasuna. He knew because she entered even before the guards that ran in as well, looking pale and afraid. But Alexander was unimpressed himself. “Sorceress, I see you have decided to grace us with your presence. Have you come here to work here in safety? Or have you some other request?” He brushed the slight bit of frost that appeared on his shoulder. “It’s a bit chilly in here now. I wonder what has brought this along?”

Nasuna hadn't bothered to remove her hood when she'd swept into the castle not enjoying having to wait for the stumbling idiot to get back to her. The cape swirled around her and a frost settled on the windows and the floor chilled becoming slick as if covered in ice. She moved easily over it and seemed to glide more than actually walk. She made her way noiselessly into the chamber where the lord dwelt, the guards all but vaulted themselves off to the side and out of her way it inwardly amused her. Her gaze slid to the rather impressive man in front of her and raised her brow questioningly. He looked a bit foreign and not exactly....human, she knew she would definitely need to be wary of him.

She bowed her head but neglected to remove her hood for the moment, the shadows casting over her face hiding a faint grin on her lips. "I don't think I would have any more safety here than I already have in my home. There are many assassins from neighboring lords who've slipped past your men and came close to the castle itself. Your men do not seem to be overly attentive..." she said trailing off. Her voice was smooth and slid easily from her mouth to the ears of her listeners. Each word seemed to roll off of her tongue but held undercurrents of a cold ice. She let the silence drag on for a moment a cool breeze rolling through the room and shifting the curtains and tapestries. "Recently I've heard rumors that your Lordship has come by a...peculiar item a gem and I must say it has piqued my curiosity quite well." she said simply and straightforward.

At his comment about how it had gotten chilly she just laughed softly and continued to watch him in the shadows of her hood. "I've not the slightest idea. Perhaps someone left a window open?" she said with a small shrug of her shoulders. Her head shifted to the side and looked at one of the guards, he was apparently younger and new to the job and had most likely heard some of the rumors about her. He seemed to want to look at her but at the same time feared doing so and battled with this little dilemma. Along with her sorceress title so too had another few rumors gone around some saying she was an ugly old hag and others that said she was a rare beautiful jewel and he seemed to want to know which it was.

She just smiled softly "So, it seems I can not escape these wicked rumors that chase me. The tongue of men seem to be sharper than almost any blade and pierce far more deeper." she said still gazing at him her tone was smooth and she sounded youthful. She turned her hooded gaze back to the lord. "Now...to save on time, I'll just say that I am quite interested in acquiring or even observing this Gem if his lordship would allow...?" she said trailing off on a question.

“Safety in numbers.” He said simply, shrugging his shoulders as he watched the nervousness of the men around him. She had an imposing aura around her that made the majority of the people shrink away. The majority except him. He was not easy to scare off. And he simply stood in front of her by a few feet, amused smile on his face as his eyes kept moving to stay locked on hers. “Not all assassins get through. But I do not expect my men to catch them all. After all, they are only human.” He let out a soft chuckle, lowering his head slightly, before razing his gaze back to her.

She had a sense of humor though, easily retorting to his quip. The frost persisted, and he wiped off his shoulders once more. “I would assume you were giving me the cold shoulder, but I would recommend not doing that now.” He said, his voice teasing as he cleaned his clothes off of the frost, turning to her. He watched as she moved her head, turning to one of the younger guardsmen. The question in his eyes and face was obvious, as was her response. He kept quiet, but his lips pursed for a moment.

“Leave us.” He said in a dangerously low voice, turning away as the guards almost happily left the room, leaving the two of them alone. He slowly strolled to what surmounted as his throne of the room. It wasn’t that important, but the true throne was much more imposing, and in a different room. “The tongue of a human may be sharp, but sometimes it cuts true. Your beauty is that of legends. But you are not here to speak of such things.”

He sat easily enough, eyes moving to her covered face once more. “I would have assumed that word would have gotten out quickly. It has at least brought you here soon enough. But there is one thing.” He said, shifting to sit straighter for a moment, then leaning forward some in his seat. “I cannot help but see that you come into my home, wanting to take or use something that has come to my possession, and did not offer anything in return. I cannot just let you use or see this prize of mine. However, it is a very mystical and powerful artifact indeed, and The very –minimum- I would consider would be your services forever given to my reign, in one way or another.”

His smile was still soft, but he knew he had her cornered. “And even with the greatest gift in return, I would show some trepidation in giving the thing to you, knowing just how… ah… dramatic your experiments can go.”

Nasuna blinked tilting her head back considering his statement a moment "I would not rely so much on number but rather the skills they possess." she said finally still holding his gaze. Most people found it disconcerting to be in her presence at all as was demonstrated by the shaking men in the room but, this man moved around her comfortably and naturally and holding her gaze quite easily. Had she not known better she might just put it down to him being a lord but she'd seen even Lords crumble into nervousness in front of her. He was quite interesting and she had an odd sensation he could even get her to move like a pawn. He was hard to read, she had no idea what would come out of his mouth, she felt a little bit tested. "I suppose so, it is rather stunning since I had to kill a would be assassin myself before coming over here. Though I suppose it's no concern of yours since he was after my cooperation or my head." she said wryly.

She watched him wipe off his shoulder once more and smiled "As it seems now my lord, you are the one with ice on your shoulder not me." she said motioning to the ice on his shoulders her voice holding a bit of playfulness. She watched him wipe more frost from his person and just smiled some more "Seems Im getting more than a cold shoulder " she said with that same light playful manner. She watched him grow thoughtful the gears in his head turning at her proclamation. He was silent for a moment before he told all of them to leave, she raised her brow curiously as the guards all but beat each other up to get out. The younger guard casting one last speculative glance at her before the doors shut leaving them alone inside. He made his way to what would amount to a throne but she had a sneaking suspicion it wasn't the "true" throne of the castle.

"I suppose it can be true though, more often than not it is shrouded in lies and rumors." she said smiling. "I've heard two sides of that....Beauty from legends...as well as some say Im a wretched old ugly hag." she said a bit of wryness re-entering her voice. Up until that point she'd remained hooded the cloak covering her form in a deceptively thin layer of black cloth. The only real hints to her form being the slender shoulders in which the cloak sits upon. She continued to watch him her gaze taking on a bit more of a curious look as he talked. He leaned forward some as he continued on after he finished she blinked "I would not come into your home demanding something without first giving something as payment...but I was not going to make a fool of myself by making an off--" she said trailing off as the words fully sank into her mind.

Her body stiffened and the temperature in the room dropped a few more degree's as he finished talking. " I have to wonder...why would your Lordship require such a steep payment?" she asked more than just a bit of ice in her tone. She considered his next statement a moment however before she decided to answer him. "My experiments of the dramatic sort are only so with beings who would try to kill or use me for their own gain. Otherwise I leave the subject quite alive with all limbs and organs intact and more often than not feeling better than when they arrive minus a few minor side-affects." she said. She knew her statement could come off as a threat but she didn't bother altering it and let him use his own mind to decide how to respond.

After a moment the temperature in the room raised a bit, the sudden change from cold to warm caused the windows in the room to fog up not allowing any sort of view. Raising her hands she grabbed the edges of her hood and pulled it away from her face, the act also causing the cloak to split showing the figure that lie underneath it. Raising her hand once more she brushed some stray strands of silk black hair from her face and raised her black gaze to him. Her pupils dilated and the ice blue specks in her eyes shining more vibrantly than normal. "I don't normally take too kindly to offers such as those. Then again it is usually the Lord that comes to me making the offers. This time, I seem to be the one coming to the Lord with an interest." she said as if stating the weather outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom