Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Viscount's Captive - MujamoUha and Caspian

Henri, Viscount of Bordeaux sat in one of the silent rooms of his Chateau on the outskirts of Eysines. Usually the house was bustling with the comings and goings of his servants and the various people who accounted for the Viscount's businesses. Except tonight. Tonight everyone was in the village for the celebrations. It was high summer and there was merry-making, dancing and wine. The wines that had made the Viscount's territory famous were ready and on midsummer's night the first batch always went to the peasants.

Tonight there were only 6 people in the room, the Viscount, his body guard, his mute servant and three men dressed in black cloaks. Only one man spoke: the viscount.

"My thrice accursed brother marries next week. Ever since father died I have been forced to lie in wait for the lands and the title he stole from me. I don't know why my father named him the heir, but I cannot inherit the title and the lands if my brother sires a son. Should he do so, I will be left here in this village with naught but wine to slake my thirst for something better, and even much of that I will owe to my brother in tribute." Henri spit into the cold granite floor. "You three, you three will kidnap his wife to be. She will be locked into her room the entire day and night before her wedding in preparation. He loves her dearly and would pay a marquis' ransom to get her back. Perhaps he would even step down from the title. In fact, we will see to that once we have his bride to be. Bring her to me."

The Viscount threw a small bag of gold coins onto the floor. "There is half. The other half will come when you succeed. Death will come if you fail."

The men said nothing and ran out into the night. The Viscount called for wine, when he had drank his fill he wandered out into the town. All the merry-making and his own smug satisfaction at his plan had him feeling jovial. He walked out into the night in hopes of finding entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom