Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stargazing Across Continents(Chiffon&Darkness_H)

PickleChiffon

Supernova
She looked up at the stars.

Funny how here, half a world away from home, they looked just as peaceful and the same, just located differently really. She ran a hand through her dark blond hair as she stood outside the school Gymnasium. She was here in America, far from home, in Düsseldorf.

Her father had taken a temporary job posting here with the company her worked for. He saw it as a chance for her and her mother to try the American way of live and see if it suited them. Tonight she was here, listening to the orientation for new students into the school she would be attending. Listening to them talk about rules and dress codes and appropriate conduct in school. She had shaken her head trying to ensure she understood everything and felt like she needed some air.

She perched herself on the picnic bench in the yard just beyond the soft glow of the lights inside. Gazing at the stars, she tried to focus on fitting in and being an all American teenager.

Tapping her fingers on her thigh to a tune that played on her ipod softly, one ear bud tucked discretely in her ear, she was oblivious to anything else, accept her desire to not go back into that gym, and be strangled with the stuffiness that seemed to hand in the school’s halls.

William was pulled aside from the gymnasium by one of the school administrators. He figured it was that he did something wrong already on his first day in the new year. He was always seen as the class smart ass. One of the few people that can talk back to a teacher and not really care for the consequences. That and he usually won the arguments, but it made him a little infamous with the staff. He was prepared for whatever the teacher wanted him to yell at him about, but it was the opposite of what he thought, they needed his help.

"Now, I need your help with something Mr. Stokes. We have a new student from a foreign country this year, and it has come to our attention that this student's father works under your father. So we figured you might be the best candidate to show her around. Help this girl learn what things are like in America. Show her the American way." The teacher said to Will with a smile.

"Oh, the 'American way'. So you want me to kick this person to the ground and act like I'm superior to them in every way?" William said with a smirk on his face. It was almost like a hobby to him. Trying to see how much he can screw with people until they got mad. That's what made him known as the smart ass. He talks back, he's sarcastic, he can be mean at times, but he knows when to stop, and can really be nice if he tried. The teacher glared at William for what he said. "Oh stop it, you know this is what I do. So, show this girl American life. I guess I can give it a shot. Take her to the mall, the movies, show her some of the popular places to go, that sort of thing." He said.

"Good, now take this, and make this girl feel welcome." He handed William a note and took off. The note consisted of the girl's classes, her locker, all of the important stuff, except a name.

"Wow, so helpful. I can surely help this NAMELESS girl!" William shouted back at the teacher. It was obvious that the teacher didn't hear him as he walked into the crowd of students. William got irritated and left the gymnasium. Once outside, he put on his ear buds and listened to his iPod, trying to calm down.

She shivered, the feeling they say you get, when someone walks over your grave. She looked around and her eyes landed on the male student approaching the common area where she sat. He hadn’t seemed to notice her, yet.

She let her gaze wander of the American boy. He was cute. She was used to the German rockers, dark heavy clothes, and scowling faces. This boy had a look of serious contemplation on his face, but it was still prefect. He was her kind of handsome, not necessarily textbook, but something about him spoke to her. He seemd to still not notice her, so she was contented to watch as though a fly on the wall.

That was her job after all wasn’t it? To watch, and to learn.

She had remained perfectly still, and then it happened. She sneezed, she tried to stifle it, and the sound that came out was a rather cute little “ahchoo”. She blushed immediately as she felt the eyes of the young man find her in the darkness, feeling like she had just been caught stealing from the cookie jar.

He stood there, looking into the distance, listening to his music. Nothing seemed to matter to him at the moment, he loved the feeling. As the music kept playing, he began to sing along to the music.

"Good to conquer evil,
Lies to fight the truth,
Are any of us only saints or sinners,
Or is it always red vs blue?"

He continued to sing along, feeling like nobody was watching him. He hated singing in front of others, it made him feel uncomfortable. Something about it made him afraid of what others would say about him, he had a childhood of others saying crap about him, he wasn't going to have anymore. He then jumped up when his phone began to ring, it was a friend of his.

"Hello?........Hey............Damn, no I can't chill tonight.........No, a teacher asked me to help this foreign chick.........I don't know, I've never met her........Well the funny thing is, they didn't give me a damn name.......Yea, I'm looking for a nameless girl..........She's suppose to be from Germany........Yea yea.........Alright, well I'll hit you up if I can't find her........Alright, see ya." He hung up his phone.

"Well, better get to looking for this mystery girl." He turned to walk away when he noticed something. A dark figure in the shadows, almost like a girl's figure. Could it be this new girl? He started to feel awkward as the girl didn't say or do anything, just stood there, staring at him. He then waved. "Uh, hi."

Heidi watched as the young man discovered her sitting on her perch. She had understood most of his conversation, and his voice was pleasing to listen to. He was looking for her? She slowly stood from the table she’d been sitting on. Letting her legs adjust under her for a moment before she crossed out of the shadows and into a thin beam of light.

“Hello,” she said softly, her voice rounded with her German accent yet. She grimaced a bit. She had taken speech lessons to try and soften the obviousness of her accent, but she could still hear it taint the English she knew so well. She let her eyes meet his, he was even more handsome up close.

“I think you are looking for me, Heidi.” She offered her hand to the young man. Formal, yes, but she was unsure how else to introduced yourself to someone here. Besides a handshake if you knew how to read it, could tell you a lot about a person without using words.

Will looked at her as she emerged from the shadows. She was so beautiful, almost like an angel descending from the heavens. Her German accent made her sound even sexier, made him like her more. As she held out her hand, he was almost too shy to shake it. When he finally grabbed her hand, he noticed how soft and warm it was, so nice in the cool air. He couldn't believe that this is the girl that he's suppose to take care of.

"Well Heidi. It's very nice to meet you. I'm William, but you can just call me Will, if you'd like to." He said, trying not to make himself look bad. He then began to wonder if she saw him on the phone, or worse, saw him singing. He hated when people saw him sing, it made him feel weird. His face went a little red as he thought of it. "Did you.....uh......happen to.......uh.........hear me singing?" He asked, afraid of her answer.

Hedi smiled at Will, as he shook her hand. Perfectly firm, and solid. Just the way a man’s should be.

“William,” she said softly trying out the name on her lips. It came out more “Whelliham” but was still pleasant to say. She saw in the darkness the flush that crept into his cheeks when he asked if she’d heard him singing. She shook her head, her shoulder length wheat coloured hair shimmering in the moon light.

“No, I had my...,” she showed him the earphones of her iPod, momentarily forgetting the right English word for them. “I was listening to this.”

She shrugged a shoulder and smiled at him, hoping to alleviate his nervousness. He had a beautiful singing voice, a beautiful voice all the way around, one that was easily mesmerizing. She wondered what color his eyes were. In the dark, his features slightly obscured he looked slightly dangerous, but alluring. She wondered if his eyes added to that illusion.

She heard a loud “whoop” escape from the gym, signalling she hoped the end of the orientation assembly. Sure enough people started spilling out on to the grounds. She looked to the crowd, seeing her father and mother exiting the doors, she flashed a smile at Will.

“I should go, my folks,” she nodded in the direction of the main door. “See you tomorrow?” she asked as she turned away to start walking. Looking over her shoulder at him, she winked and walked away without really waiting to hear his reply. As she met her parents, her heart was pounding. She’d not wanted to hear his reply, because she’d been afraid he’d say no, and she did, really think she wanted to see him again.

Will watched as she ran off. "Goodbye." He said softly, knowing it was too late for her to hear him. He thought she was so beautiful, a German goddess, that came from the heavens, just for him. He then laughed, thinking of how crazy it was.

While all of the students began to head to their cars, Will began to walk home, enjoying the fresh air and the night life. He use to always work the evening shifts, until he was laid off because the company he worked for was losing money. Now he's jobless, but he still gets by pretty well since his parents are pretty wealthy, mainly his father who works for the government. Because of his parents, he was always seen as the spoiled kid, but despite him being a total smartass towards most people, he had a pretty good heart, and he does truly care about his friends.

He put his headphones back in his ears, and began humming his music. His mind was still on Heidi. Her cute face, perfect figure, shining hair, she was perfect. He looked down at his iPod to check the time, and oddly enough, he noticed that the song that was playing was a love song, Rose of Sharyn by Killswitch Engage, one of his favorites. He laughed to himself as he continued humming and walked home.

Heidi met the disapproving look from her father as she ran up to them. She knew he’d seen her talking to the boy, she could tell from the intensity of his gaze. She ducked her head in a bow of submission as she followed them to their Volkswagon Touareg. The stony silence was nearly more than she could bear, but once they were safely in the car her father let into her.

“What kind of impression are you planning on making here? Running out of assemblies and meeting with strange boys in dark courtyards?” His voice was low and steady as sign he was more upset than she could have guessed. Her mother shrank into the passenger seat as her father pinned her with a stare in the review mirror.

She lowered her eyes.

“I will do better Father.” She said meekly. She did not want to enrage him. Not now. She turned and gazed out the window, her eyes on the stars. Funny, how they could still calm her. She had learned long ago that stargazing took her mind off the temper her father had, and the arguments that were incited as entertainment.

She let her mind drift to William, she was looking forward to school the next day. As they pulled up to their house, the For Sale sign still on the front lawn, Heidi got out of the car and hurried to the front door. It was a fairly nice neighbourhood, she guessed in the day, but something about the dark still unsettled her, no matter how pretty the stars were.

When Will got home, he went straight to his room. He took a few turns around his house, and was finally at the door to his room. His house was pretty big, not like a mansion, but it was big enough to fit a pretty big family, which was exactly how his family was using it. There was his mom, his dad, his little sister, his grandmother, and frequent visits from his cousins. As well as their pets, they each had their own pets. His mom had a orange tabby cat, his father had a brown Great Dane dog, his little sister had a few hamsters, his grandmother had a parrot, and he had a tall German Shepard. When he opened the door to his room, his dog greeted him by happily jumping on to him and licking his face. "Easy boy, easy. Yup, I'm home Victor." He smiled as Victor jumped down and went back to his bed.

William's room was about the size of a normal living room, a pretty big room, but it wasn't giant, and enough room for Victor to not feel cramped. His bed was a queen sized bed, with Victor's dog bed right next to it. A few lamps scattered around the room, a large desk at on end of the room, with his laptop sitting on top. On the other side of the room, a plasma screen tv hung from the wall with the latest gaming systems hooked up to it. And next to it were shelves of video games, comic books, CDs, and DVDs, and a large bean bag chair sitting in front of it. And posted all over the walls were different bands. Rock bands, metal bands, just lots of bands. Aerosmith, Ozzy, Eluveitie, Linkin Park, Disturbed, System Divide. There were even japanese bands. He had rock music from around the world hung up around his walls. His windows were covered by dark drapes, so he kept his room pretty dark most of the time.

He layed on his bed, Victor laying beside him, resting his head on Will's stomach. Will just looked up at the ceiling, thinking more of Heidi. A beautiful German girl, who's father apparently worked under his. He heard a knock on the door, and he sat up. "Yes?" His mother walked in and smiled.

"Welcome home sweetie." She said. "I just wanted to let you know that your father will be coming back to town soon, and we will be having dinner with his new employee and his family tomorrow night." She said.

Will was shocked, pretty sure that it was Heidi and her family. "Ok, cool. Thanks mom." He smiled as she left his room.

She had planned to make a quiet escape to her new room, but as soon as she was inside her father barked at her again, grabbing her wrist hard, he pulled her to a halt. Heidi flinched his grip cutting into her skin.

“Tomorrow, we are to have dinner with the official who hired me, and his family. You will wear something fitting your position here, and i expect there will be none of this shameful behaviour. My reputation here is everything.” Her father squeezed harder as his gaze pierced her soul. The translation was clear. Mess up tomorrow and there would be hell to pay.

As soon as he let go, Heidi ran to her room and locked her door. Tears pricked her eyes as she looked down at her wrist, bruises already forming in perfect replicas of her Father’s finger tips. It had started to get hard to hide the marks from her friends back home. So she had retreated from most of them. Her mother didn’t even bother any more unless there was a show to be put on for appearances sake, and somehow, her friends had stopped being worthy of the show, causing her to retreat even more. But this was a new start, hopefully.

She lay on her bed, her eyes closed thinking of what she was going to wear tomorrow. A long tunic turtle neck, and a pair of clinging jeans with a thick belt, just under her breasts to give the illusion she had miles of leg. Heidi smiled. Appropriate, yet still a bit alluring, she hoped.

She knew she was not beautiful, her Father reminded her of that often. Too tall, not skinny enough, too outspoken. She fell asleep not long after getting ready for bed. Something about the excitement of the day had worn her out.

William woke up to the feeling of Victor licking his face. He must've fallen asleep without realizing it. "Alright Victor, I'm up, I'm up." He said and the dog listened and stepped aside. William got up from bed and looked at his clock. He was a couple minutes early to waking up, he might as well get ready.

He went to his bathroom to brush his teeth, take his shower, and clean up. He stepped out in his towel and went to his closet. Most of his clothes were the same. Band shirts, jeans, sometime sweats for a cold day, zip-up hoodies, and a few nice clothes for the occasion. He just threw on a band shirt, and a pair of jeans, and he was ready to go. He grabbed his backpack, his iPod, his phone, his keys, and his wallet. Now he was ready to go.

On his way out, he grabbed a poptart and shouted "Bye" to anyone that would've heard him. Once he was out of the house, he put in his headphones, blasted his music, began eating his poptarts, and walked to school. He was a little excited, getting to see Heidi again.

Heidi woke, showered and dried her hair so it was just damp. She pulled the forest green tunic from her closet, along with a thick black belt and the perfect jeans. She shrugged into her black satin bra, and matching high cut panties. She tugged the top over her head, ensuring it covered the bruises on her wrists.

She then grabbed the jeans and shimmied into them. Pulling her shirt down she fastened the belt just under her breasts, the buckle a prominent pearled jewel. She looked at herself in the mirror as she ran a hand through her still damp hair, causing it to wave slightly. She smiled at her reflection. This was as close to pretty as she got.

She grabbed her slouchy bag and tossed it over her shoulder as she made her way to the front door, padding quietly down the stairs. She checked the kitchen stealthily. Her mother sat with her back to the door, likely working on the cross word. Her father, thankfully was not in sight. She came up behind her mom and leaned down to give her a hug.

“Auf wiedershen, mutter,” she said before slipping into her shoes. They had a slight heel, cute but still practical for walking and most of all -approved by her father. She tucked an ear bud into one ear and then left on her 10 minute walk to the school.

The morning air was crisp, but still pleasant, and as she listened to the music, she hopped William was one of the first people she saw today.

William sat outside the entrance of the school, waiting for Heidi. He just wanted to see her again, that and he was suppose to show her around the school. It was also sort of a new thing for him, sitting outside in the fresh air. Most of the time, he was either inside with his friends, or somewhere alone, singing.

Every once in a while, when nobody was around, he started to sing to himself again, and once he saw someone, he began to hum the tune. Today was mostly songs from Ozzy. Everyday, he sort of changed the songs he'd listen to. One day it would be Ozzy, then the next would be Rolling Stones, then the next be Drowning Pool, and so on, and so on.

He sat there, starting to feel a little bored. He hadn't seen any of his friends, since they were most likely inside, and he saw no sight of Heidi.

Heidi approached the school steps. She stopped short seeing William, leaning casually against the curving stone of the school's grand staircase. She couldn’t help but smile.

She tucked a stand of hair behind her ear as she pulled the ear bud from her ear in the same motion. She knew he hadn’t seen her yet, as she walked casually up to the stair case. She was about 6 steps from him, when she felt the weight of his eyes on her. She raised her gaze and smiled at him.

“Good morning, Will,” She said softly a slight blush creeping into her cheeks.

She knew it was his duty to wait for her, and it meant nothing really. He was just doing what he was asked to do, but the sight of him waiting for her made her heart flutter just a bit. She stopped on the step below his, as she waited for his reply. As she took a quick glance around there were people already noticing them, specifically a group of girls off to their left on the ground. Heidi didn’t understand quite what they were saying, but the way they were casting glances at Will and her self, she knew it couldn’t be good.

[/i]So much for trying to be unnoticed. She had done nothing and already seemed to be given a reputation.

Will jumped down and stood right in front of her to say hi to her. She seemed to cute when she had a little blush in her smile. He then stopped to notice the group of girls looking at Heidi and talking about her.

"Hey!" He shouted at the girls. "Don't you girls have anything better to do? Show off you skimpy clothes? Suck off your boyfriends?" The girls gave them dirty looks, and one of them called over a couple of guys, their boyfriends. Both of them were pretty big guys, football players. At the same time, Will made a call on his phone. "Yea, it's me, you guys nearby? Good, head to the school." He hung up his phone and waited for the football players to approach.

"Well hello gentlemen. Anything I can do for you wannabe NFL stars?" He could tell that they wanted to hurt him, and he tried hard not to laugh. He just gave a smirk as he began to talk more. "Now, I was just defending my friend here, and she's new, and it seems your ladies want to give her a hard time. So here's the thing. I'll leave you guys alone, and you leave her alone. If not, these men over there might want a talk with you." And as soon as he said that, a black van drove up. One of the windows rolled down to reveal a couple Japanese men in suits and sunglasses. One of them looked over at the boys. Both theirs and the girls faces turned pale. The guys quickly gave Will a "sorry" and they all ran inside.

As soon as they were gone, both Will and the guys in the van burst out laughing. "Alright, thanks guys, I'll see you later." He waved at them, and the guys waved back and drove off. Will was still trying to recover from laughing so hard and turned to Heidi. "Sorry about that, I just didn't like how they were looking at you, and don't worry, I don't have ties to the Yukuza, they were just some old friends that work at the game shop nearby. I'm good friends with their little sister. Anyway, how's it going?" He said has he gave her a small hug. He didn't know why he did that, maybe it was because he was already in such a good mood after that show he put on.

Heidi blushed deeper as William put his arm about her, in a gentle hug. She’d understood the words of the conversation he had, but not Yukuza. She had thought the men were bodyguards. Surely, he would have them, given his father’s position. In Germany, she had to have bodyguards. But since her father was unknown here, and in a lesser position, they were not required.

“Danke...thank you.” She said softly as she looked up at him. He seemed so different from the boys at home. She was glad he was chosen to show her around. Just at the moment the buzzer for the beginning of the day sounded right above them, making Heidi nearly jump out of her skin.

She laughed as they hurried into the halls, where she discovered the other reason will was chosen to show her around. Their schedules matched right down to the last block spare on Friday afternoons. Trailing beside him they made their way into first block, English.

Will never really needed much in the way of body guards. Most people don't care if their parents have government positions. The only thing that matters is that they might have connections with dangerous people. William didn't really have any connections, but he had enough friends to pose as "connections. His asian friends can pose as Yukuza, his old boss use to be in the military, so he could pose as some kind of ex military body guard, although, he wasn't ever sure if his dad ever did hire someone for protection, since he occasionally had the feeling someone was watching over him.

He walked down the hall and towards their class, English, which made class better since he now had someone to talk to in that class. He didn't have any friends until shop class later that day. He took a seat and had Heidi sit next to him. His teacher then made an announcement.

"Good morning students. Welcome to a new year. My name is Mrs. Jacobs, and I'll be your teacher this year. For your first assignment, will be more like a yearlong project. The assignment is to give a summary of a character in a book. This works better with a series so you can learn about how he develops over time, changing his personality, but you can work with one book, but don't say I didn't warn you. And yes, I'll accept comics, but not those japanese comic books. A student's project took up all of class when he did one of those. So, without further a'due, begin, and I'd like your decision by the end of class." Mrs. Jacobs went to her desk and began reading her books.

"Wow, kinda lazy." William said to himself as he looked through his bag. He had a few comics he could work with as he pulled them out. Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Spawn, Venom, and a few more. He then turned to Heidi, unsure if she understood all of that. "Did you get all of that? Need any help deciding?"

Heidi looked at Will.

“No, I think I understood.” She already had a series in mind. If it had been just one book, she would have chosen the Count of Monte Cristo, it was her favourite. Or the Mysts of Avalon, both would have fulfilled the requirement of showing character development and sustainability. But since the teacher had asked for a series, she knew immediately she’d choose the Night Angel series by Brent Weeks. She’d read them last summer in German, and then in English. It was something she was sure no one else would choose.

She lifted her hand to tuck her hair back behind her ear, then remembered the brusies on her wrists. She brought her hand back down and tugged at the sleeves of her tunic sweater, to ensure they were covered. A slight flush crept up her cheeks. She hoped he hadn’t noticed them. She folded her hands into her lap as she twisted to look at him.

“I think I know the series I want to do. I know them well, as I read them in both German and English. What are you going to choose?” She asked, inwardly cringing at the sound of her accent.

She knew her words were not perfect, just like the rest of her as he Father would say, but she was trying so hard to over come it. Yet she felt as though the whole class had stopped to listen to her and judge her speech. She nervously chewed the corner of her bottom lip as she waited for him to respond. She tapped her shoe on her chair, a fidget that would have earned her lines or detention in Germany, but went unnoticed here.

Will looked at her and smiled. "Well, when she said comics count, I was pretty much covered. Now I'm just trying to decide who to use. There's Spawn, who I love the comics, but the character pretty much stays the same for quite some time, as a vengeful, lonely hellspawn returned to Earth and wants to return to his wife." He then put the Spawn book back in his backpack. "Then there's Venom, which you might recognize if you've ever seen anything with Spiderman. He's pretty much Spiderman's dark half, with the same powers, but he's just beefed up, but he might be too much work. I mean I can work with Venom, but I can also work with the people that wore the Venom costume, since the costume is a character itself." He put the Venom comic in his backpack, afraid of the extra work that character might bring. "So it's come down to these two. Deadpool and Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange is something I read when I was a kid, about a magician superhero, and would be fun to be able to read those again." He then put the Dr. Strange books down. "And Deadpool, a lazy, selfish, perverted assassin, but he's hilarious and get's crazier with each comic, so it'll be fun to read." He said as he had a hard time to decide which to pick.

He then realized that what he said made him look kind of nerdy, and turned a little red, making himself look bad in front of her. "Well, I should be able to decide soon." He said, blushing. "So which series did you want to do?" He said, wanting to change the subject quickly.

Heidi smiled gently charmed by the blush on his cheeks. She loved that they had something to talk about, especially since his story sounded so similar to the one she was going to choose.

“It’s a series by Brent Weeks, called the Night Angel Trilogy; way of the Shadow, Shadow’s Edge, and Beyond the Shadows. It’s similar to your,” she paused. “Deadpool? Druzo is an assassin who chooses and apprentice from some street kids. It’s dunkel, I mean dark, and a lot of growth and transformation happens with the main character, as he learns to become the best assassin, selfish and cold, but still trying to be human.” Heidi blushed again knowing she had let her “r” roll too much, and the sip of the German word. But their stories sounded so similar! She was excited, and that meant her control over her words slipped a bit. She smiled up at Will.

“We could almost do a comparison of the two, as mirrors of each other.” She caught his eye and then looked away. His gaze was too intense for her, as though he was trying to read her soul. She didn’t have much to share on that end. A lot of herself was locked away, to avoid some of the awkward conversations that usually came when people saw her bruises, or the way her father treated herself and her mother. She hoped she wouldn’t have to hide with him.

Heidi chewed on the end of her pen, as she looked back at him, she smiled and blushed deeper as she caught him still looking at her.

“What? “

Will smiled when she looked at him, she seemed cute every time she blushed, he couldn't wait until tonight, where he could possibly get a little alone time with her.

"Well, we can do something like that, but Deadpool is very different from Druzo. Yes, he is an assassin, but there is a big differece to them. Deadpool is crazy, meaning he likes to talk to himself, a lot. As in he'll get in arguments with himself all the time. He also likes to make movie references, try to sleep with every hot girl he meets, and cross dress as female heros. He even killed a guy just for liking the star wars prequel trilogy over the original trilogy." He laughed a little to himself. "But, we can do a comparison if you'd like."

He then looked through his comics, and got all of his Deadpool ones out. "Well, you can flip through a couple of them if you'd like." He smiled as he looked at her. he then suddenly noticed a mark on her wrist. "What's that? You hurt yourself?"

Heidi blushed deeper, and tugged her sleeves back down, folding her hands in her lap. She looked away from him and she replied.

“It’s nothing, I banged them on the bedside table last night.”

She hoped he hadn’t realised the bruises were prefect finger impressions. She had gotten fairly good at lying, of making up stories for the marks. Most of them were at least plausible for her friends back home, as she had been relatively clumsy as a child.

But here, lying to him tugged at her heart a bit.

She liked this boy, and she didn’t want to start off this way by telling him half truths. But how do you say, “My father is abusive”, without opening a huge can of wurmer??

“I’m a bit... ungeschickt, I don’t know how to say that in English.“ She offered him a weak smile, and a slight shrug.

This evening was going to be hard enough, meeting his parents, and family, she didn’t want to add to it. Besides most people recognized something about her father when they met him anyway. She was confident when Will met him, he’d know. And that meant she’d be explaining soon anyway.

She tugged her sleeves down as she crossed her legs and set his comic in her lap, resting it on her thigh. From this position she could ensure she kept her sleeves down and covering the marks while she indulged him. He had been right, this comic was different than her books, but still, there were similarities that existed.

Will just brushed off the thought of her bruises, just thinking that she was telling the truth, that she hurt herself. "Well, I'll tell the teacher that we got our project ideas down." He smiled as he got up. He walked to the teacher and informed her of that they were ready. "Excuse me. Both me and Heidi decided our subjects. I'm doing Deadpool from Marvel comics, and she's doing Druzo from the Night Angel series." The teacher nodded and checked them off.

Will returned to sit next to Heidi and sat down. "Well, I guess we should get started." He smiled as he picked up one of his comics and began to read it.

Heidi watched Will from the veil of her eye lashes as he walked to the teacher’s desk. He was handsome. Confidence was evident in his walk. She was glad he hadn’t pressed about the bruises, she hadn’t wanted to lie further. She blushed a bit as she felt Will’s eyes land on her. She turned her eyes back to her lap, reading the comic still there. She re-read the page as she felt him sit back down beside her.

She tucked her wheat colored hair back behind her ear as she turned to him.

“These are pretty funny. I would like to read more of them if you’d let me.” She smiled brightly at him. "I could take the first two home today, and give them back tomorrow?" She bit her lower lip as she thought. Tonight, would be busy, doing homework and then the dinner. But she was sure she could find the time, especially since they seemed to mean so much to him.

Back
Top Bottom