Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Moonlight

"I don't know what I thought. I thought maybe you were, I guess." She said, looking up at him when he sat up. "I guess I kinda thought you might regret it and be ashamed once people found out about us dating. That was before today, though. When you ran to the butcher just for me to have something to eat and then came back and cooked it for me. That proved to me you aren't afraid of anyone finding out." She said before kissing him and when he petted her head she nuzzled into his hand. "I love you too, Nathan, my soul mate." She said.

'Soul mate...' He thought in his head. Vampies were dead people who were brought back to life thanks to the blood other vampires had injected into their victim to kill and reanimate them. He had no soul. He was a dead man in love. Smiling to her, he held her closely and kissed her ear gently. "Lets get some sleep...enough talk...Its time for sleep so you can rest up."

She sighed, somehow the look on his face told her he didn't believe they were meant to be. As Nate held her close she rested her head on his chest, closing her eyes as he kissed her ear. "You can sleep if you want, Nathan. I'm not tired." Roxy said, sure that he could tell by the change in her that something was wrong.

Nathan looked at her with a small frown. "What do you mean...? You have to get some sleep...Your body will eventually start to ache and cramp up if you move around too much. You have to sleep if you want to get better quicker. You're still new to being fed on by a vampire."

"Nathan, I slept enough last night, I'm not tired, really. I'll just sleep when we stop for the night tonight." She said with a shrug, not even attempting to opened her eyes to look up at him. "Just go to sleep." Roxy said softly, clearly by the change in her something was wrong, but she wasn't going to just come out and say it.

"Alright..." Nathan said gently as he closed his eyes and slept next to her. He took a deep breath and relaxed, but did not sleep. He hoped she would be alright, and not be harmed because of what he had done to her the night before. He didn't want to bite her...but his senses got the better of him.

As he took a deep breath and she felt him relax, Roxy sighed. She hated being mad at him and was sure Nathan hated it just as much. "I know you aren't asleep andd I'm not acting this way because of you feeding off of me or because of anything caused by it." She said before falling silent, laying there in silence with her head on his chest and her eyes closed.

"I don't need to sleep either. I'm just relaxing next to you." He said gently as he laid there with her, feeling like he was slowly growing distant from her now. He didn't know why...it was just a sudden pain in his chest that made him believe that she was getting annoyed of him now. He loved her, though if she wanted him to leave, then he would. He wouldn't argue. Though, it was something he didn't want to happen.

Roxanne opened her eyes and sat up, looking at him. She didn't know how, but she somehow knew something was on his mind. "Nathan, I don't know what exactly you think is wrong but it's nothing that has to do with you biting me. I just kind feel like you don't believe we're meant to be like I do." She said with a sigh, looking into his eyes. "I'm sorry Nathan, I'm just letting my past get to me too much." Roxy said, hoping he was going to reassure her that he felt as strongly about her as she did him. "I love you." She said, leaning in and kissing him.

Nathan remained silent as she spoke to him. He turned around, his back facing her as he just wanted to feel alone for the moment. He didn't say anything to her for a while, he just laid there, eyes closed and relaxing. He wanted to be with her...and he understood why she would feel that he didn't want to be with her like they were, but she didn't have to say it out loud.

Roxy sighed, watching him as he turned so that his back was to her and she remained watching for a few moments, hoping he would turn back around to face her. When he didn't, though, she visibly winced. "Babe, please talk to me." Roxanne said, almost begging as she began to cry. "I thought it would be better to tell you instead of having you feel like I'm keeping things from you. I wasn't trying to compare you to either of the werewolves I've dated, but forgive me if I have a hard time getting past the things they did to me." She said, knowing he knew nothing of the horrible things they had done to her and found herself hoping he became protective of her and demand to know what they had done.

Nathan sighed and turned to look at her. He wiped a tear from her eyes and kept quiet for a bit, closing his eyes before he finally said something. "I know where you're coming from...but even if you tell the truth and keep things out in the open rather than keeping secrets, there will still be reactions. Just learn to live with them. I'll get over it eventually."

As he wiped away her tears, Roxy nuzzled her face into his hands. "I know there will be reactions but we can't just hide stuff. I just want us to work because wither or not we have made it official, I know in my heart you are my mate." She said, looking up into his eyes. "I love you." She said, kissing him on the lips. She decided not to bring up what the men of her past had done, going to wait until the time was right, when they started telling each other about their past.

Nathan nodded. "Whatever..." He said gently as he wrapped an arm over her. "Just be quiet..." He kissed her lips gently and nuzzled her head into his neck, caring for her and holding her as he closed his eyes to sleep. He didn't know how things would turn out between the two of them. He would just cherish what moments he had now. He never was a person to look forward to the future or look back on the past.

When he told her to be quiet as he wrapped an arm over her she nodded, smiling against his lips when he kissed her. Roxy nuzzled into his neck before moving her head to his chest and closing her eyes. She slowly fell into a deep sleep and as she did, she couldn't help but think about what their future might be.

Once she was asleep, he slipped out from under her. He sighed as he looked at her as she slept and looked at the blinds as the sunlight hit them. He walked over and opened them, letting the sun hit him. He could feel his skin tingle because of it, but not burn. He wished he was still alive...when he knew nothing but happiness. Everything he ever showed her was fake except for his love. He loved her...but he had no real emotions except for anger and the excitement of a dangerous situation. He wished she could help him feel more...human...

Roxy was in such a deep sleep that she didn't even realize he had slipped out from under her and was now standing by the window. She slept peacefully for about another ten minutes before she began to toss and turn, mumbling in her sleep. From what could be made out, she was having a nightmare about one of the men she had dated before meeting him, which meant it had been someone from within her pack.

Walking back over to her, he sat down beside her and began to pet her head gently. "Poor girl..." He whispered as he tried to calm her. He continued to pet her and stay close to her to keep her safe.

(Sorry for a short reply...)

When he sat beside her and began to pet her head, Roxy began to calm down, but her mumbling continued and she would still occasionally toss and turn. "Get off of me Bruce... I don't want to be your mate." She mumbled, all but revealing what at least one of the men she had been with had done to her.

Nathan frowned, assuming what she was dreaming about. "Poor girl..." He shook his head and continued to pet her. "Calm down Roxanne...there is no reason to remember these horrible memories. Just relax and think about the present...not the past...not the future...just the present..."

As he continued to pet her and speak softly to her, Roxanne calmed down and slowly her dreams changed from the nightmares about Bruce to dreams of her and Nathan. As she slept, she was mumbling his name, too.

Nathan smiled when he heard his name being spoke in her sleep. He leaned down and kissed her temple before laying down next to her, keeping her close to his body as he held her close, keeping her safe even in her sleep.

Nathan watched her as she slept and sighed as he heard her say over and over how much she loved him. He would do anything for her now...He was her partner. He had to keep her safe and happy...He was her partner. Both with the mission and love-wise. An hour later, he gently shook her awake. "Hey...Hey Rox...wake up...Your body should be good to go by now...You awake yet?"

"No, I'm not. I'm talking in my sleep." She teased when he asked if she was awake. Roxanne then raised her head from his chest upon opening her eyes and slowly got off the bed, still feeling some pain in her stomach but not anything that would keep her from traveling. She grabbed her close and quickly got dressed. "How long have you been up?" She asked, thinking he had been laying there watching her ever since she had fallen asleep.

Back
Top Bottom