Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Moonlight

"I'd rather be what I am than a mutt." He teased back, petting her head after he said that. "Though, it would be an interesting thought. We would already be together more than likely and have a pack of wolves to rule over, even kids if you wanted." He said with a shrug. "Lets just hope that if we ever DO have kids the way we are now, they don't turn into werepyres...They'll be looked down upon by our species. We should look forward to single-race pups and babies."

As he petted her head she growled at his playfully for his comment. "Though, we might not have this...." She paused for a moment, trying to think of the right way to word it. "Love hate relationship we have." She finished, nuzzling her head into his hand. and he petted her. "We can hope." She agreed. Sure, she knew it was unlikely that any of their future children would be pure anything, but a werewolf and vampire half breed was the worst thing that could happen.

"Lets just be careful for our lives moreover than anyone else's alright?" He said as he removed his hand from her head. He looked down the road and could see the town walls faintly and smiled. "Just gotta walk down this hill and we are out of here and in Florensia...assuming we can get into a train...Er...you have money right? I'm...out." He said as he rubbed the back of his head a bit embarrassed by his lack of funds for this important mission. He should've asked for some upfront pay for the job.

She nodded. "Yeah." Roxy said, knowing both of them tended to worry too much about what people would think of them being together, since they weren't the same race. "I'm sure we'll be able to catch a train and yes, I have money." She said, nuzzling against him, finding him being embarrassed cute. She then looked ahead and saw the town walls and smiled. "Just a little more walking."

"Lets not waste time...I'll race you!" He taunted. He knew she could outrun him in wolf form and could only run almost as fast as him when she was in human form, but he didn't care. He rushed out, trying to win as he jumped from tree to tree to gain quick boosts with each jump to get further ahead of her. If they kept up this race, it would only take about an hour for them to get there, rather than until nightfall for them to take their time and walk.

Roxanne was surprised when Nathan suggested they race, but she accepted the challenge. She could tell he knew he probably wouldn't win because of how much faster she was in wolf form and it made her smile to see that he didn't care. Rox watched as climbed up the closet tree and as he jumped a few times. Then she started to run, giving him a head start. What she didn't know was that there were hunters near by and that, thinking she was a full blooded wolf, was their prey.

Nathan continued to dart from one tree to the next, not paying attention to anything else other than how far behind Roxanne was. He saw her beginning to rush up with him and he smirked and continued to race her. "Don't fall too far behind Rox!" He called out before he stopped jumping from tree to tree and then broke into a mad sprint toward town.

She growled playfully at his comment before speeding up a bit, quickly gaining on him. When he stopped using the trees to travel and broke into a sprint towards to Roxy was slowing down some. As she began to slow down one of the hunters shot her with a tranquilizer darts and a powerful one, probably one meant for bears and animals of that size. Within about a minute she started to realize something was wrong when she was overcome with this urge to sleep and she let out a whimper, trying to let Nathan know something was wrong. Seconds after she felt her legs give out and she collapsed, the drugs quickly putting her into a deep sleep.

Nathan stopped after he passed her. He knew something was wrong. She just collapsed all of a sudden. Turning quickly, he rushed over to her and knelt down beside her as he held her into his arms. "Roxy? Roxy!? Whats wrong Roxanne!?" He said to her panicking before he found the dart in his thigh. He growled and pulled it out, crushing the dart between his fingers as he looked around with a blood lust in his eyes. "Who the fuck did this?" His voice sounded much more like a demon's now, inhuman in any way whatsoever except for language. "What dead son of a bitch shot her!?"

By the time Nathan had came to her side, she was hardily still awake, though as he knelt beside her and pulled her into his arms she let out a soft whine. The man who had shot her was still watching from the shadows with a grin, not even phased by Nathan's yelling. "I did." He said as he came into view. "She'll make a fine pet, don't you think?" He asked, flashing his fangs at Nate to show he was a vampire."Now, why don't you step away from her, half breed?" He asked with a hiss.

Nathan bit his lip and glared at the vampire. 'Fuck...' He thought in his head. He had figured it was a simple human who had shot her, not another full bred vampire. He squeezed his hands into hard fists, only to cause blood as his claws went into the palms of his hands as he glared at the vampire. "I'll give you five seconds to get the hell out of here before I tear your fangs out and make you into a horned goat!"

He walked closer to the two of him. "Let that beautiful wolf go and I'll leave." He said with a grin. "With her, of course." He added. "I know she's a wolf demon and I also know you have yet to stake a claim to her as your mate so she is free to any male who wants her." He said, reaching down and stroking Roxanne's head, expecting Nathan to be ready to fight for her. Clearly that was what he wanted: a fight.

Nathan bit his lip, causing more blood to trickle down his body without his notice. He was just too angry to care. "Get your filthy hands off of her!" He roared out as he attempted to knock the guy away. "She may be a free mate but this is a free society that vampires and werewolves live in! We are free to choose our mates, we are not free to anyone who wants to take us as their own!" He roared out...Though he always harbored a secret dark fantasy of a woman taking him like this man was trying to take Roxanne...though the only difference between fantasy and reality was that this was happening for real. "Get the hell away from her!"

The man stepped back, grinning at Nathan. "You know I have a friend... A female who could do this to you, if you like." He said, reading Nathan's mind and trying to tempt him. "I see you care for her a lot, too. Just getting up the courage to claim her as yours?" He asked.

As the two of them fought Roxy was slowly beginning to wake up. She opened her eyes and looked up at Nathan before allowing them to close again. 'Who's the other guy?' She thought to herself. "Nathan, baby..." She paused. "What's going on?"

"Go back to sleep Roxanne..." He ordered her as he glared at the man. "I don't care what you have to offer...Even if its something like that..." In truth, he just wanted a significant other who could put him in his place and actually fight back against him without crying. Though he loved Roxanne and he wouldn't trade her for anything. "I'll kill you if you ever touch her...Now get out of here before I kick your ass!" He roared out angrily.

"No." She said, not going to simply do what he wanted when she knew something was wrong. She opened her eyes again and slowly moved out of Nathan lap to stand up, almost falling over because of how weak he was. "Who the hell is he and what does he want with me?" She asked, looking at Nathan as if she demanded an answer.

"Since the weak half breed won't answer. My name is Brent, Roxanne. And I am here to claim you as my mate." She said, flashing her and charming smile. What he had said was sure to earn him nothing from her. Roxanne almost fell over and Brent reached out to catch her. He then gave her a shot of something. "It's to help her recover from the tranquilizer." He said to Nate before moving away from her.

Nathan glared at Brent as he kept Roxanne in his arms, unaware of if the shot would truly do what it did or not. He gently laid down Roxanne and stood between the two of them so that he couldn't be near her. "Alright you fixed her from the tranquilizer...but I won't let you take her like this!" He roared out. What he said...He knew if he kept Roxanne from choosing him, he'd be a hypocrite for not allowing Roxanne her choice in a mate. "I won't let you take her unless she consents to becoming your mate!"

As Roxy was laid down by Nathan she didn't fight him, knowing he was doing it for her own good, because of how weak she was. "I don't want him. Hell, I don't even know him and even if I did the only man I want as my mate is you, Nathan." She said, looking up at him as he stood between her and Brent.

Brent snarled at her, preparing to attack her, it seemed. "So you'll choose some half breed over me, a man who could give you anything you wanted?!" He growled at her.

Nathan glared at Brent and shook his head. "No. She's choosing a mate she's loved since the day we were both turned!" He roared out angrily. He rushed toward Brent, unable to stand him anymore. His claws were raised high into the air, blood stained with his own blood as he began to attempt to slash the neck of the other vampire in an attempt to behead him.

"A man who is too afraid to ask her to be his mate because he's scared of what his race and her's might think!" He snarled at Nathan. When Nathan rushed at him he quickly moved. "Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, half breed." He added as he pinned Nate against a tree, snarling at him.

Nathan yelped out when he was slammed against a tree and glared at him. His knee came up hard into Brent's stomach before he fell to the ground, landing on his feet and kneeling down before he sprung himself up, catapulting the top of his head into Brent's chin to have him fly back, and possibly ruin his teeth as well.

When Nathan's knee met his stomach he doubled over, holding his stomach. "You son of a bitch! Just let me have the girl and I won't kill you!" He hissed, his eye dark with hate when he looked up at Nate. Then, when he flew back when Nate's head met his chin. He slowly got up, glaring at him. His perfect, charming smile ruined as now his two front teeth were crooked. "You fucking half breed!" He snarled.

When he flew back Roxanne went over, getting on top of him and pinning him to the ground, one paw on his neck, keeping him from saying any more while her other held down one of his shoulders. "Do not disrespect my mate like that!" She snarled weakly at him. "Yes, he hasn't asked me yet but what all you males that want to steal me away from him don't understand is: He has had my heart since the first time I saw him and that we will make it official when we are ready." She growled, showing Brent her canine teeth. "Now, I suggest you leave, before I kill you!" She snarled, making a large gash in his neck with her sharp claws before letting him up.

Brent then got up and glared at Nate. "When he disappoints you, Roxy, and he will. I will be there, if you want a real man that can handle you." He said before leaving. Upon him leaving Roxy felt her legs give out, still weak from the drugs and she fell to the ground. She looked over at Nathan. "Are you okay, my love?"

"Roxy..." He said as he saw just how much love she had for him. He rushed over and hugged her wolf body and held her close, his head buried in her neck as he was so worried for her. "Thank you Rox..." He murmured gently as he looked her in the eyes. "Please...transform back to a human...it will make it easier for me to carry you the rest of the way...we are almost there...we don't have to catch a train as soon as we get there, we can just rest and then get a train the next day...so come on..."

When he came over to her and hugged her wolf form as he held her close she nuzzled his chest. As he buried his face in her neck she closed her eyes. "You're welcome, my vampire." She said weakly and when she felt him raise his head from her neck when opened her eyes to look up at him. Roxy nodded weakly, closing her eyes and trying to voice. It took a few minutes, since she was weak, but soon she was in her human form, not even having her tail or ears. She rested her head on his chest again once in human form and looked up at him. "No... We can't wait a day.. We have a mission to do." She protested, her words becoming harder to understand because she was so weak.

"We have to travel halfway across the world. I'm sure our employer can wait an extra day for the long trip ahead of us. Don't worry, your well being is more important than some weapon." He said as he picked her up and began to walk. He held her close to his body, making sure to keep her comfortable and warm as they walked on. "Almost there...try and stay awake until we get to the inn, alright?"

Back
Top Bottom