Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ancient Astronaut Theory, Sci-fi in general.

Evo Var

Supernova
Hello, I am just looking for anyone interested in Sci-fi or know of the ancient astronaut theory. I have watched all the episodes of ancient aliens and am looking for anyone who has seen the show or has an interest in talking about the theory in general.

Thanks for reading this and have a good day!

It's the best comedy on television currently. These guys can not accept that humanity can do anything for themselves.

I do have to agree that some of it is outrageous but I love hearing multiple theories on subjects and this one is great to listen to and think about.

There might be a few interesting thoughts; but the signal to noise ratio with them definitely favours noise.

Aliens come here for gold, even though there's more gold elsewhere in the system that's easier to get to. Aliens caused the black plague. Aliens gave Japan the Katana. Aliens did this, aliens did that.

I like the idea of the theory that our history has been influenced by extraterrestrials in the ancient past, as a kind of fantasy story idea, particularly the descriptions of contrary messages from God in the bible or depictions and descriptions of Greek Gods. Like warring factions of alien societies - sounds like a great Sci-fi movie.

And the program did bring up a lot of interesting questions but I agree, I think it's a little extreme and doesn't give humanity enough credit. Throughout the series, they scoffed at "mainstream Egyptologists/archeological community" for thinking humans were so primitive because it insults our past intelligence and the intelligence of people now to believe that. But I think blaming aliens for everything assumes the same level of stupidity in ancient man.

I also find it amusing how they use old clay figurines and depictions of people as evidence for aliens being in contact with our ancestors. Some people just aren't very good at art, lol.

Also: Giorgio Tsoukalos is hilarious.

yesitis2.gif

Nihilistic_Impact said:
Aliens come here for gold, even though there's more gold elsewhere in the system that's easier to get to. Aliens caused the black plague. Aliens gave Japan the Katana. Aliens did this, aliens did that.

I see your point with gold and have to agree that it would be easier to get it somewhere else. I also agree with the katana, it just belittles humanity in a whole by saying that it was aliens that told them how to make it. That goes for gunpowder as well.

I could see the some of the plagues in human history being caused by aliens, whether it was intentional or not. Our own history has shown that that does happen.

RoryN said:
I like the idea of the theory that our history has been influenced by extraterrestrials in the ancient past, as a kind of fantasy story idea, particularly the descriptions of contrary messages from God in the bible or depictions and descriptions of Greek Gods. Like warring factions of alien societies - sounds like a great Sci-fi movie.

Ya the theory would make a great movie or series of movies or roleplays. I would find it interesting if they had a colony or outpost find evidence of buildings that were similar to something made on earth.

RoryN said:
And the program did bring up a lot of interesting questions but I agree, I think it's a little extreme and doesn't give humanity enough credit. Throughout the series, they scoffed at "mainstream Egyptologists/archeological community" for thinking humans were so primitive because it insults our past intelligence and the intelligence of people now to believe that. But I think blaming aliens for everything assumes the same level of stupidity in ancient man.

Yes blaming everything on aliens is stupidity but the way I see it there could be one thing in the entire theory that is correct. It would not really matter what it is but it would put a new spin on our history.

I agree that they have made us look stupid and I see holes in their theories in every episode since I have seen about six different theories on how different things are built around the world so I take what they say with a grain of salt.

What I find really interesting is when they bring out passages from historical texts that talk of sicknesses that have symptoms that match radiation poisoning. Also when they talk about specific ruins and make the distinction that they could have been built in two parts with one civilization building on top of the last. It seems a more logical explanation for when they find things that have been built that today we would have a hard time figuring out.

There was also the tribe in Africa would had knowledge of the planets around the star serious decades before astronomer knew they were there. I may have the star wrong.

RoryN said:
I also find it amusing how they use old clay figurines and depictions of people as evidence for aliens being in contact with our ancestors. Some people just aren't very good at art, lol.

Also: Giorgio Tsoukalos is hilarious.

yesitis2.gif

Ya Giorgio is hilarious!

As for the clay figures, I think that it all depends on which one and the artistic style of which ever civilization.

On another note there was another documentary on the many pyramid around the world and other sites that fall along a circle on earth. It talks about how Pi and the golden ratio are found almost everywhere in the The Great Pyramid of Giza when there is no record of anyone knowing of either number at the time. It talks about how modern Egyptologists do not want to give the Cubit (the unit of measurement used by egyptions at the time it was built). They speculate that it is because it shows that what was done back then was so precise it is something that we cannot do yet with out technology.

Here is the link to the movie if anyone is interested: http://tubeplus.me/player/1963724/Revelation_of_the_Pyramids/

I think the series has points that are interesting, points that are amusing and points where one has to just quirk a brow. As a scientist, I don't like to discount any possibility unless it can be proven, without a doubt, that there is no way it can be true. Otherwise, in my mind, it's fair game. Though, if other possibilities make more sense given what we currently know, I'm inclined to lean more toward those and put the more improbable on the back-burner.

That all said, I think some of the points made in the series are interesting and could indeed be possible. Key word.... POSSIBLE. NOT definite. Without proof, making such a jump is both arrogant and presumptuous, not to mention plain silly. I admit that I like the idea that such things might have happened with certain things. It would definitely give us new insight to history and medicine and technology all as a whole. However, like most of you, I'm inclined to say that humanity has more than likely done most for itself given whatever resources and the like were available at such times. But, the theories are interesting and, if any one of them is true, then that would be pretty neat to learn about and delve into.

I also have to agree with RoryN about the plot ideas this series inspires. It definitely is a great source for science fiction and even historical fantasy. Kind of like that it gets the creative juices flowing.

That all said, I'm thinking that this might be better suited to Academy than GD. Though, I suppose it depends on what sort of discussion people are leaning towards. Thoughts?

darkangel76 said:
That all said, I'm thinking that this might be better suited to Academy than GD. Though, I suppose it depends on what sort of discussion people are leaning towards. Thoughts?

I will reply put up another post with my opinions and ideas that are on to what you have said later when I have time lol but as far as moving this to Acedemy. I just dropped it in here since I was not sure what was going to happen with this thread.

Honestly folks, if you want to see ancient aliens in literature look no further then H.P. Lovecraft, that man practically invented the genre.

I think I will look into H.P. Lovecraft thanks!

Do you have any specific of his books that would have a good example of ancient aliens in literature in it?

He was a short story writer, 1920s; and for examples Call of Cthulhu and At the Mountains of Madness are the best examples. There's a few others like Shadow out of Time and some collaborative works, The Last Test, also cover this theme. Lovecraft was a writer of Weird Fiction and his forte was cosmic horror.

Do warn you, he's a bit dry, verbose and a touch racist; but that last bit comes with the era.

Back
Top Bottom