Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Forever Friends [ Loveme and I ]

Harris sighed softly, as he walked up the stairs towards his apartment. It wasn't only his, but the payment when off, from his account. His roommate sent half the pay every month, to do her part as well. The apartment was very typical his 'class'. He came from a wealthy family, and had gotten a strong carrier himself, working with a well paying company. However, he had never seen himself as a 'pen-pusher'. He was a soldier by heart, having considered a carrier in the army, many times. However he was very political, and would never join a war, he didn't himself deem necessary. Nor could he stand the thought, of leaving behind what he had. He never took anything for granted, and always gave as he got. He had worked hard for everything he got through his years, even in his youth, he did work for his father to get anything. Many through his time, had shunned him, for being a 'rich kid' but he had never taken it to heart, friends such as his roommate keeping him standing tall and proud. As long as she, and himself, knew that he worked hard for what he got and gave as he got, he was happy.

On his way up the stairs, his eyes where focusing on his Android Phone. He had never himself found technological wonders like such necessary, but he got it through his job, and he would never say no to gifts, treasuring everything he got from others.
He was shocked by images of a war, currently being waged in another country. It had been going on for about a year now, and his country was starting to get involved since the invaded country, was an ally. Harris had often considered signing up, but never had he gotten to it. He wanted to fight for his country, and it's ally's, but he fretted leaving those he loved behind. Especially his best friend.

Bella was sitting on their couch watching something about the ongoing war that was going on. Shaking her head, she had wished their country hadn't gotten involved with it. Turning to see her best friend and roommate walk in, she turned the TV down and smiled softly. "It's crazy huh? How we managed to get involved in something that we shouldn't even be in..." She was moving from the couch to go and get ready for work. "I was suppose to have the day shift today, but they needed me tonight. So I won't be in till late. Thanks to someone not showing up tonight." She rolled her eyes as she made a detour to get something to drink and a handful of chips. Bella was a waitress at one of the cafe's in town. One of the ones that stayed open late. She loved the job, except for when people pulled stupid stunts on her just like they had.

"How was your work today?" She asked softly as she leaned against the counter. Without him, she could of never afforded this place. Even with him helping it was still hard but she managed. Everyone use to think he was one of the rich brats, but he never was. He was the kindest person and if they got the chance to know him they would see that. Bella had stuck by him no matter what. Even if he was rich, he really didn't show it off.

As soon as he entered the apartment, Bella was already aware. He rose his eyes from his phone, shaking his head lightly with a sigh before putting it back in his pocket. He smiled as Bella's eyes met his, nodding a single time "Hey dear." He had called her that ever since college, seeing her as one of his dear ones. He couldn't have made it through so many things, hadn't she been there. Whenever he needed help with anything, she would be there for him. Would it be troubles with the family, school or even love. Life would've fallen apart without her. Or at least, he would've been a far more gloomy person. His eyes walked to the TV as he placed his laptops bag against a wall, removing his coat. He nodded slightly, before he shrugged.
"Well, we did sign a treaty with their country. Besides, if the country is actually invaded, we would be next on those savages list." He mumbled. He never really liked discussing war efforts, Bella never seemed very pleased about it. He stretched his shirt, as he head towards the kitchen, turning his eyes to listen properly. He chuckled softly a single time, before reaching into the fridge to take out a beer. "And as the wonderful person you already are, you didn't fake yourself sick, to avoid cleaning up others mess?" He said with a soft grin, trying to make it clear, it was meant as a compliment.

He opened his beer, shrugging slightly to her question, taking a sip from the beer. As he lowered it, he lent against the pillar by his side, looking back towards Bella. "Boring as usual.. Desk jobs, still isn't me. I know that's what I'm good at, but doesn't change how achingly boring it get's." He said with a soft laugh, raising the beer again. He didn't drink much, but enjoyed a good beer each evening, merely for the taste only very rarely actually getting drunk. He looked thoughtful for a moment, looking up towards the clock. "When is it you turn in then? I was considering coming at the late, have myself a cup of coffee, and we could go have a drink or perhaps something to eat?" He asked with a smile.

Nodding, she grinned "and being the nice person I am I didn't say no." She was taking a sip of her soda as she watched him coming in and grabbing a beer. "I can't seem how you drink those, there so nasty. The taste it leaves in your mouth, eck." Bella made a funny face as she finished her last sentence. Her hand digging into the chip bag to get another handfull. "I know that, but still war and I just don't get along at all. You know that by now." The girl nodded, taking a bite of chip as she turned her attention back to the tv for a few moments.

"I know, that I should of said no to working tonight. But if I had, that would of been no hours today. Besides, I can't skip any hours. I have half a payment to pay on this place." Finishing off her soda, she could hear him in the distance talking about how his day went. "You never were the type to sit and stay still all day at a desk."

Bella was turning away as she moved into her bedroom. Pulling her work uniform out of the closet, she climbed in the shower after stripped her clothes off. Take a quick shower and she would be set. A few moments later she was scrunching her hair and pulling her uniform on. It consisted of a pair of black pants and a deep purple longeeve shirt. They both showed her body off, but
it usually was a help to get extra tips. "How do I look?" She grinned softly as she walked out to face him.

"Being the nice person you are, as always.." He said with a soft grin, raising his beer to agree to the notion, before taking another sip from it. He chuckled softly at her mention of the beer, shrugging softly as he eyed the bottle. "It depends on the person. And the sort. These is magnificent, in my opinion. The taste left behind, only works to prolong the experience." He said with a soft grin, raising it as a cheer, before taking another sip from it. He eyed her chips slightly, and nodded a single time towards the bag. "Now your taste for those, I'll never get. Chokolate, I can agree to but chips was never my thing. And with my hobbies, i'd end up the size of a beer keg, did I begin to eat those." he said, laughing softly. He smiled at her mention of war, shrugging softly. He always felt it wasn't a subject she enjoyed discussing. Seemingly he was right. "Well, which is why I seldom speak about it. Not wanting to bore you with that horrid stuff." He spoke about it, as if it was a simple thing. But in his mind, war was a part of reality, that couldn't be ignored.

He listened intently at her talk about work, tilting his head lightly as a hand dropped to his pocket. He chuckled a single time, as he took another sip of his beer, pointing at her with the hand holding the beer as he lower it again. "Don't work your heart out now. I'd rather see you fall out of a few payments, then see you drag yourself out. I could try to pull some strings, and see if I could get the rent down a bit. Might be possible. Rather that, then you work yourself dead." he said with a gentle voice and a chuckle. He laughed again at the mention of his reluctance towards his work, nodding a few times before taking some more beer, turning to head towards the living room as she moved for her bedroom. "Nevarh." He said with a chuckling voice, as he walked to the couch as she got out of sight.

As she prepared herself for work, he turned on his console placing his feet on the table after removing his shoes, sitting comfortably back as she started up his new game, Space Marine.
As she came back, he turned away from it without a second thought, never taking his games higher then his dear ones. He chuckled at her question, putting his controller away, as he got up from the couch, bringing his empty beer bottle.
"Stunning, as always." He said with a soft teasing voice, walking over to wrap an arm around her, in a friendly hug. "Let me know if you get off on the earlier. If not, I'll drop by for a cup of coffee, and we can go get something to eat at one of the late restaurants, if you haven't had." He said with a gentle smile, looking down to her, as she was in his arm.

"Then keep your eyes off of them." She laughed softly before she left. "My love for chips, will always be around, so you misewell get use to having at least two bags in the cabinet at all times." She answered as she returned from getting dressed. When he complimented her and hugged her,
she grinned deeply and hugged him back. Bella, had always liked him. More then a friend. But here recently, since they had both become adults and matured a lot more then they once were; it had become a lot more noticeable.

"Thanks, but I think I can manage for now. I wouldn't feel right paying less then you." But she had always kept it to herself. Fear of being turned down, their friendship ruining. One more thing, that she always tried to talk herself out of. Was the fact that he had so much more money then she. Who would want to date a pour girl like herself. Clearly, he wouldn't. He had always been on dates with girls who were way better then Bella. When those dates came, Bella wished him luck. There was nothing more that she could do. "Thanks, maybe I'll get a lot of tips tonight." Grinning, she was grabbing her bag and saying her goodbyes.

Work, went by slow as ever. But she stayed pretty busy through out the night. When she saw him walking into the cafe, she grinned deeply. He always took a table in her section, it was always how it had been. Putting his order in, the same as always. A few moments later she was setting it down on the table. "Can I get you anything else...?" She had always hated asking him that. But it was part of her job.

He smiled gently at her words, nodding a single time in agreement. He had noticed her appetite for chips, yet it had never taken overhand, and never did he expect it to. It was an unhealthy, yet pleasant snack to some and he would not take it from her, while he had no reason to. "And I already have, he replied with a gentle grin. As he hugged her, he gently stroke her back and pressing his cheek against her head, before letting go and listening.

He chuckled softly, shaking his head lightly. "I know Bella. As long as you can manage it, it is fine. Just don't push yourself too hard. We can always find a solution." He said, smiling to her. Never would he let money get in the way of their friendship. He would never want to lose her, for all the money in the world. Their relationship was stronger then anything else he ever had, but his view and understanding of love had been ruined through his life experience. The love he saw around him in the family he came from, and the friends around them was one of opportunity. There was never any love between his parents, it was merely about the money for both of them. Which was why he never understood the feelings he had for Bella. It had nothing to do with money. There was no profitable reason for them to be together. He just liked Bella for all that she was, not because of her wallet. The relationships he had been in, had been opportunist parings, but it took little time for him to see, that wasn't what he was searching for. In numbers, Harris was sharp. In love, he was blind.
He grinned at her words, padding her behind gently with the back of his hand as she was about to leave. "I knew I would. See you there later." He said with a single nod.

During her work time, Harris spend his time, on the same things he always did when he was alone. He enjoyed playing games upon both his console and computer, but he rarely spend his time on it, when Bella was home if she did not join him. It was a hobby he wouldn't want to be without, but one he wouldn't allow to take up all his time.
As he arrived at the cafe, he took his usual table, and nodded a single time as he saw Bella. He didn't even have to order, for her to know what he wanted. Always the same cheap coffee and a simple biscuit. He had never ordered expensive things from the cafe, rarely even liking them. As she brought it, he was looking to his phone, to update himself, but put the phone away, as he turned his eyes to her and she placed the coffee in front of him. He chuckled a single time, as her retorical question, that he knew was kind of part of her job description and grinned a bit.
"Other then perhaps your company, no thank you." He answered with a look around the cafe, to see if there was a lot of people as he brought out his wallet. He always brought cash with him, knowing exactly what it cost, and always brought and paid a small realistic tip. He could pay much more, but he never did. He thought it might seem wrong, and look as a mere charity donation, rather then the friendly tip for a good waitress. He waited to see, if she had to time, before starting a conversation.

When he spoke, Bella laughed softly. "I cant... You know that." After she set his cup down, she laid some napkins down and turned to leave. But before she left, she turned around. "Ill be done in around fifteen minutes though. So stick around." She nodded and then left. Wanting the minutes to hurry up and pass. She loved work, but not the late shift. It always left her exhausted... and wanting to go home to cuddle with someone. That someone being her roommate. But of course, she couldn't.

When the minutes finally passed, she was opening the front of the cafe's door. Taking the sign and turning it around to read close. "Hey, I am ready... Lets goo... Please?" She asked softly as she shut the door behind her. No one was there except for her and him... It was usually how it was whenever she helped close. Her manager knew, he would help if something bad were to happen. Lord forbid it ever happening.

Harris grinned softly and nodded a few times. "I know dear." He said with a gentle smile. His eyes followed her as she started walking, smiling as he picked up his coffee, with a gentle shake of his head. As she turned, he had the cup by his lips, his eyes trailing to her, in response to her words. He smiled and nodded a single time, lowering the coffee slightly. "I'll be just outside, Bella." He said with a nod towards the front door. As she walked off, he sighed softly leaning back in the seat as he took a sip of his coffee with a thoughtful expression, slowly turning slightly concerned. He had decided to join the war. He wanted to keep his countries allies close, be lending his arms in war. The risk of his life, was not the hardest part. But breaking it to Bella.

Fifteen minutes later, he was waiting leaning against the wall next to the door. His hands where comfortably tugged in his pockets, he stared blankly at the ground. But as soon as the bell of the door chimed, his eyes lightened up and raised to be cast upon Bella as she came out of the cafe. Immediately they, and his lips, smiled once again and he nodded a single time in a greet. He chuckled softly at her plea, nodding a few times in response. "Definitely. Think you could squeeze some food down?" He asked with a gentle smile, as he exited and she closed the door. He walked over to her as she had done so, wrapping an arm around her back, resting the hand on her waist and lead the way towards his parked car. He liked being there around closing time, when she had the night shifts. He didn't hold much trust in humanity, and definitely not during the nights. He didn't like the idea of her, walking home alone. Even though he knew, she wasn't completely helpless. Overall, he merely enjoyed her company, above being alone at the apartment. In fact, above everything.

"Tonight, was busy..." She laughed softly as she closed the door behind her. "Dinner sounds amazing... and a coffee from that other cafe up the street. If they are open still. If not, ill settle for a drink..." She grinned deeply as he wrapped his arm around her. When they got close to the car, she opened the door and fell inside. Resting her head against the head rest. "Where are we going to eat? Somewhere good I hope... I'm starving.."

Her eyes had closed while she was talking, but soon opened as the door shut behind Harris. "I could eat a bunch..." She laughed softly and turned to watch him. Bella wanted nothing more then to be with him... As friends and as lovers. But she knew, it would probably never work out. That is why, she kept it quite and to herself.

(Sorry its so short)

Harris looked to Bella as she spoke, chuckling softly before looking out in front of them. She seemed to always work hard for her position in this cafe. Or otherwise it was to be able to afford her part of the apartment. Either way, he was both proud and appreciative about her sacrifice. It went to show, how much she wanted to do her part in everything. She was a person to prove his family wrong. They had always been against the friendship Bella and Harris had. 'There was no profit in the relationship' would always be the words said. And it was left with that. Harris turned a deaf ear to their words, not letting them get between him, and his best friend. Bella.
As he sat into the car, he looked to Bella and chuckled with a soft grin, as she asked where. He looked thoughtful as he got the car started. "Hmm. How about the restaurant down the street, that I can never remember the name of? My treat." He said with a soft grin. It was a fairly expensive and 'proper' restaurant, but obviously no problem for one with Harris' funds. It had been a long time, since they'd went for a place as such. He knew it was something Bella would only very rarely be able to afford, and he didn't want to turn their relationship into a charity. Even though it was always tempting. He always wanted to give Bella, there was no doubt about that.

He chuckled softly as she spoke, getting the car out from the drive, not taking a no for an answer, heading straight towards the restaurant he had mentioned. "Can't you always?" He teased with a gentle voice and a teasing grin down to her. Nothing meant with it, but a friendly tease, as he drove into the parking lot. "Didn't get anything to eat tonight as well, so I know the feeling." he said with a chuckle and a gentle grin.

"That sounds fine..." Smiling softly, she nodded at his response. "You buy dinner, I'll buy us drinks afterwards." Bella grinned and turned towards him, smiling softly. How badly she wanted to tell him... It would make things so much easier or so much worse. If he didn't like her the way she did him... then it would devastate her. But if he did, she could imagine the happiness and relief she would feel.

"Yes, I can always eat a lot. But tonight... Man... then by all means. Let's hurry." She nodded as he pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. Sighing softly, she tried to adjust her clothes to look some what pretty. Giving up at the attempt, she grinned and frowned at the same time. "Don't look at me, I smell like the cafe and look horrible." She laughed softly and left her bag in the truck. No need for her to take it in. He was with her.

He chuckled lightly at her response and smiled to her with a nod. "A fair deal, indeed." He replied. Bar's and Club's had always only been fun, when Bella was around. He rarely got drunk, able to drink a lot with no side effects, so there was no boundary breaking for him as many drank for. And Bella, was always able to bring a smile across his lips no matter the situation. He had only very seldom been to Club's without Bella, and those times, nothing ever happened. Sure there was the random night encounters with various women, but never had anyone stuck nor had he taken advantage of any situation, as every average young man might've, in the forgiving late hours.

"And I smell of cheap deodorant and paper.. We'll be a perfect fit." He said with a teasing grin, and a soft chuckle, ruffling her hair gently. "Come on. You look beautiful." He complimented her, before leaving the car.
The usually expected attire at the restaurant they went to, was 'proper' dress' and suits. Harris wore, as always, his black suit so no one would question them, as he ordered a table for two. They where lead to a table, where Harris waited for Bella to be seated, manors of his childhood dying hard, the waiter pulling out the chair for her before leaving the a few menu's at their table. He ordered a bottle of Red whine to drink, looking questioningly to Bella, if she would join him for such or waiting for her to place her own order, smiling patiently as always.

Bella loved when Harris complimented her, it made her all happy. Especially when he wore the suit that he always had on. She loved seeing him in it, it fit him perfectly. "You don't stink though, that's a plus. Maybe they wont run us out." Laughing, she pushed her hand around his arm like always. When they had their table, she nodded to the waiter and let go of Harris's arm. Taking the seat, she set down and let the waiter push it up some.

"Hmm... Wine. I like it." Bella wanted to unwind from the night she had had, and she could with him. Even if she got drunk she knew he would protect her. But she didn't plan on getting drunk... "Now, what do I want to eat..." She grinned softly as she flipped through the menu. Glancing up towards him every once in a while. "What about the chicken Parmesan...? That sounds good to me."

Harris chuckled softly and shook his head lightly at her words, nodding a few times as they approached the restaurant, leaning his arm a bit out to let her have her's around it. "I am quite sure they wont, as long as they know we'll pay them. And as long as their food is decent, we will." He laughed as they entered, following the waiter as he lead the way to a table. And as she had been seated, he did so himself. He stretched out his suit to look proper, and then moved the fork to the other side of the plate. He wasn't left handed, in anything else then when he ate. This had annoyed his mother dearly in the past, but no mater how hard they tried to teach him how to use the proper hand, it never worked.

Harris nodded a single time at Bella's request, and looked back up to the waiter. "A bottle then." He ordered, before looking back to Bella again, as she started flipping through the pages of her menu. He smiled gently before looking back down to his own menu. He didn't hurry picking his meal, letting her chose first. Another old habit he could not shake. He looked up as she gave her suggestion, before looking back down to the menu with a nod and a smile. "And to me also.. I believe I shall have the steak though. See if they make it any better then the usual." He said with a soft chuckle, closing the menu and placing it on the table in front of him, as the waiter returned with a bottle of whine. The waiter first offered it to Harris, who nodded and was then poured a taste. Harris swung his glass as he rose it, before placing it against his lips. He always enjoyed his red whine with some taste, which was often a bit too strong for others. He nodded a single time to the waiter and then towards Bella. The waiter then offered her a taste as well, to make sure she was quite satisfied with this whine as well.

Harris always waited for her to do things first, it was how it had always been. No matter how many times she had tried to tell him he did not have to wait. Grinning softly, she adjusted herself in her seat and pulled the plate and fork closer to her so it was easier to reach. She had always found it interesting Harris was left handed most of the time, except when he ate. Shaking her head as she watched him replace the fork to the right hand side.

"I bet you five dollars they will." She answered in response to his steak. "Of course, to win the bet I will have to try a peice of it." Laughing softly, the waiter had come back with the whine and poured Harris a glass. Watching softly as he swung it in his glass before tasting it. Next, the waiter poured Bella some. Who done the same thing and grinned. It was strong, but had an amazing taste to it. Nodding, she spoke softly. "That is fine, thank you."

Back
Top Bottom