Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cop and the Runaway (Closed for DeadRoseGarden)

BigRPerGuy

Planetoid
Ron Miller, 25 years old
6’2 215 pounds blonde hair and blue eyes
He joined the police force 2 years ago after 6 years in the Army as an Airborne Ranger paratrooper.

In his two years he has done some courageous things. He won 2 silver stars and 5 bronze medals as a Army Ranger but already won a medal of valor as a cop.

Unfortunately he also has had multiple complaints about excessive force of late. He was put on administrative leave. All of a sudden a witness in a major high profile murder case of a politician needs protection.

She is a foster care runaway. The intent is for someone to take her in and protect her while the case goes to trial and throughout the duration of trial. He certainly wouldn’t enjoy babysitting under any other circumstances but no one lese is volunteering. She is said to be a rude little snotty bitch. Still it is the only assignment they will give him at this point…take it or leave it and likely be let go from the force.

He waits at porch of his home. He sees the car drive up and smiles. Trying to be pleasant.
“Hi, my name is Ron…I guess we will be spending a lot of time together.” He says trying to be pleasant.

She rolled her eyes at him and simply stood there with her single bag in her hand while the police chief explained that in about three days he would need to take her for new clothing and personal items but she had enough of everything to last her until them. The file was handed over and the short black haired girl. Her green eyes scanned the house wondering just where her room was and when she could get away from the place and get somewhere that she would truly be safe like somewhere across the country where her foster parents would never find her.

Her file read it plane as day, Age 17, name Elizabeth Heart, Auburn hair normally dyed black, green eyes, 5 foot even, and weight 110 lbs. A warning in bright red warned that she would run if given the opportunity. A side note about the abuse her and her foster siblings suffered in their years with the doctor and his wife made it clear just why she had a hard time trusting anyone. “Well are we going in or are we going to stand here in the boiling sun all damn day?”

Ron smiled as she gave the attitude with rolling her eyes at him. He nodded at the police chief giving instruction but kept a close eye on her and worked on trying to figure her out. He took the file but didn’t bother reading it yet.

“Well are we going in or are we going to stand here in the boiling sun all damn day?” She said.

“I agree. I think we are good. I will call if I need anything. Otherwise 3 days.” He said and nodded to the police chief.

“Okay Elizabeth…right this way. Is Elizabeth okay or what you like me to call you? I am fine with Ron.” He said and led her into the house.

He smiled as she may have noticed the doors with locks on both sides. The windows also had been specially redesigned with locks on both sides.

“Your room is down the hall….next to it is a bathroom that will be yours. I am down the hallway the other side and have a bathroom attached to my room. So I am good.” He states.

“Okay here are the rules….we eat at 6am…noon and 6pm. I will wake you at 5am to go jogging with me. That should get your appetite ready for breakfast. I am open for what we do during the day except spend time outside. I probably shouldn’t take you out at 5am but I am sure you don’t want to go stir crazy and I don’t either.” He states.

“I have TV but don’t watch much so I am open if you have favorite shows. I won’t tell you when to g to bed necessarily but if you are dragging at 5am…I will be proactive.” He adds.

“Finally it is my way and no negotiation to that. I reserve the right to change rules at any time. Whether you like it or not…my job to keep you safe and I won’t fail.” He states with conviction.

Again she rolled her eyes and decided she was going to set him straight, “First off I don’t jog and I refuse to be told when to wake up. As for eating I don’t eat when I am not hungry and I have a feeling I will not be hungry at least two of those times.”
She headed in the direction of her room without gracing him with anything else not even a nickname to call her by. She slammed her door once she was in the room and took a look around. She hated being told what to do. She set her bag on the bed and began searching for her sketch book and pencils. She was going to have plenty of time alone she was sure and in the time before she figured out an escape plan she was going to work on her art work.
Elizabeth sat down cross legged on the floor and began sketching not caring how rude she had been or what the cop did.

He laughed softly at her continued rudeness. She rolled her eyes and told him off saying,
“First off I don’t jog and I refuse to be told when to wake up. As for eating I don’t eat when I am not hungry and I have a feeling I will not be hungry at least two of those times.” She then went to her room and slammed her door.

He rolls his eyes almost laughing what a little bitch she is.

Elizabeth sat down cross legged on the floor and began sketching. He gave her a few minutes. He went to her room knocked and opened the door.

“I am fine with you not being appreciative. Respect is to be earned for some people. I get that. I am sure you feel it is your right to hate the world…I had sisters older and younger that didn’t get along with me and had that view of their perceived self importance.” He stated. He looked down at her on the floor.

“I don’t care if you eat…those are the meal times…no snacks or variations in between. Jogging with me is not an option. I will handcuff you to my wrist and drag you if need be. I don’t have a lot of rules…but you will follow the ones I set forth missy. I am not here for you to like me…my only mission is to make sure you get to court in one piece.” He adds. He walks to the door and starts to leave.

“Pull the Lion’s tail and you will find what privileges I choose for you to have....will be removed…starting with your sketching pad.” He says as he leaves.

She was angry and she never did angry well. She flew out of the room and started yelling almost immediately, “Listen here you self important power hungry jack ass! All my life people have told me what to do, what to wear, what to say, and anything else. I followed the rules and where did that get me? “ She tore her shirt over her head leaving her standing in her bra but it was clear what the intention was. She revealed cuts bruises and burn marks that some of which were not fresh.
“So did your parents do this to your sisters too or was your comparison a little off. I would also advise that if you ever take the few things I own away from me you lock your door at night because so help me god I am not above killing anyone else who hurts me physicals or emotionally at this point.” She stood there topless for a long time her breath coming in pants and her eyes wild and obviously not in the best state of mind.
She turned her back to him realizing that the lace bra a=hardly covered her bust and she tried her best to preserve her modesty by putting the shirt back on. She opened the door and entered her room collapsing just inside the door the tears she had been suppressing for years coming in sobs that she forced to be silent.

He looked back as she yelled at him,
“Listen here you self important power hungry jack ass! All my life people have told me what to do, what to wear, what to say, and anything else. I followed the rules and where did that get me?”

He held his poker face looking at her cuts bruises and burn marks.

“So did your parents do this to your sisters too or was your comparison a little off. I would also advise that if you ever take the few things I own away from me you lock your door at night because so help me god I am not above killing anyone else who hurts me physicals or emotionally at this point.”

He stood silent but then went toward her room as she went back in. He stood over her.
“Look I am sorry….I am far from perfect.” He started out.

“I loved my sisters very much if you should know…they were quite rebellious while I was a strict rule follower. That I guess is why I fit in when in the military. At least at first then I developed a wild spirit that hasn’t sat well with the police force…” he adds and sits down on the floor with her.

He took a deep breath.
“I swore to protect when they gave me this assignment and swear to you no one will ever hurt you again. I am cool with whatever you want to do around here mostly…but Elizabeth…I am asking you to help me.” He says somberly.

“I am pretty good when there a lot of bad guys around but not so much experienced with a bright young lady and how to be cool. Jogging is negotiable but I would really like you to allow me a couple of my rules in exchange for you to do your thing.” He added.

“So can we have a truce? I swear to try and be cool if you just talk to me.” He says to her.

“I don’t have a nickname. I am not against them or anything though. And your rules are fine I just want to have a say. Try asking instead of telling me because I am not going to take orders. It’s not my fault I am here. Just take it easy on me I am not exactly a military grade runner.”
She was embarrassed about her impulsive action, “Sorry about the whole stripping thing. “ She sighed as she wiped her eyes on the back on her hand. “And just so you know I am a teenager I need to have snacks in between meals. It keeps the metabolism going. I am down with fruits and veggies but they are a must. I doubt I will eat breakfast that early but if I am able to have something a little later I will actually eat. That work ok?”

“I don’t have a nickname. I am not against them or anything though. And your rules are fine I just want to have a say. Try asking instead of telling me because I am not going to take orders. It’s not my fault I am here. Just take it easy on me I am not exactly a military grade runner.”

“Deal…I can tone it way down. I think Lizzie may fit you if you don’t object.” He replies making a smile.

She was embarrassed about her impulsive action, “Sorry about the whole stripping thing. “ She sighed as she wiped her eyes on the back on her hand. “And just so you know I am a teenager I need to have snacks in between meals. It keeps the metabolism going. I am down with fruits and veggies but they are a must. I doubt I will eat breakfast that early but if I am able to have something a little later I will actually eat. That work ok?”

“No need to apologize…you have been through a lot…I promise I will be here for you to get through this.” He replies and pauses.

“I am good with fruits and veggies for snacks…see…we can negotiate.” He adds and smiles.

“If you don’t want to jog with me…maybe you can ride a bike with a leash tied to me to pace me. I am training for marathon. I like to run to clear my head and focus. Maybe you might enjoy…at leat doing that…but it is open for negotiation.” He states and gets up to leave her room.

She had always heard that men would do anything for a woman they saw topless but she never once thought it would work this well, “No way about the bike thing. I don’t know how to ride for one and for two it’s not really a thing for me. “She sat talking to him but opened her sketch book again continuing with a drawling she had started. She was calm enough now and she was able to keep a more steady hand, maybe he wouldn’t be so bad for a little while until she had what she needed to make a run for it.
“So do I have like chores and stuff?” It was clear she was not unreasonable about responsibilities being shared since she had no other means of contributing to the situation, “I mean I can do my own laundry once I get clothes but if I cook you do dishes and I can do them if you cook.” She bit her bottom lip considering for a moment, “I will clean the bathroom I use and I am not messy so its likely my room will always be clean. Anything else to add to that?”

“No way about the bike thing. I don’t know how to ride for one and for two it’s not really a thing for me. “She sat talking to him but opened her sketch book again continuing with a drawling she had started.

“Okay jogging and biking optional.” He said laughing softly.

“So do I have like chores and stuff?.....I mean I can do my own laundry once I get clothes but if I cook you do dishes and I can do them if you cook.” She bit her bottom lip considering for a moment, “I will clean the bathroom I use and I am not messy so its likely my room will always be clean. Anything else to add to that?”

“I like that…what can you cook? I am all for you helping out and if there is something not here you would like….as a reward for helping out….maybe I will see what I can do. Mainly Lizzie…I appreciate this side of you. So what are you good cooking?” He said and asked as he stood by her door.

“By the way….you are welcome to hang out in other places of the house than your room on the floor. The living room offers a good view of the outside if you like drawing scenary.” He adds not sure what she is sketching but curious.

Elizabeth was sketching a woman in Victorian garb sitting with a tea set in front of her. The sketch was very good but her skill was more in her paintings. She thought for a minute about where to start with her cooking skills, “I can cook just about anything. From asian food to French delicacy. It was important to them that I was a proper lady. I can sew, nit, crochet, cook, set a table, do fancy napkin folding, make a bed to perfection. I am a domestic goddess. Too bad right?” She stopped for a minute thinking about other skills she had, “I can play piano well but I am a much better singer. What food are you used to eating? Don’t you have a wife or something around here?”

Elizabeth was sketching a woman in Victorian garb sitting with a tea set in front of her. The sketch was very good but her skill was more in her paintings. She thought for a minute about where to start with her cooking skills, “I can cook just about anything. From asian food to French delicacy. It was important to them that I was a proper lady. I can sew, nit, crochet, cook, set a table, do fancy napkin folding, make a bed to perfection. I am a domestic goddess. Too bad right?” She stopped for a minute thinking about other skills she had, “I can play piano well but I am a much better singer. What food are you used to eating? Don’t you have a wife or something around here?”

He laughed for a second and sat back down with her.
“You’re a pistol. Even both of my sisters didn’t have as much personality.” He replied smiling.

“You are quite good with that sketch. If you would like I can get an easel and a proper artists working station for you to create. I will give you the middle room in the hallway…I use as a type of office…..I don’t if you like paintings bu something can be arranged there as well.” He stated.

“I am open for foods I like. I do like trying different things. No wife…most people don’t like to be around me for extended periods…lucky you.” He states with a little laugh.

“All those skills are great but I don’t need you to be a domestic goddess here…just have a decent time we will share the chores. I promise if we co-exist nicely…I will get you things you might enjoy. You are a tremendous young lady Lizzie.” He said and got up as he smiled at her.

"My only skills are what I use as a cop. Not much help around the house. i can obviously survive okay cooking, cleaning and doing laundry but not nearly as accomplished as you." He adds.

She cut her eyes at him when he asked about the office room, “I don’t know with this place locked down like this I doubt anywhere but outside will have decent natural light. Setting up and art studio is expensive.” She sketched some more then decided she was going to touch on the topic of living with him.

“Yea I can see why people can’t stand you. You have a stick up your back end as long as the equator. Also I don’t do mediocre food so I will take over cooking but you have the dishes.” She paused again unsure if her next question was crossing the line, “Hey I am not going to be able to get up on my own you know.”

She paused slightly embarrassed to ask but she continued, “I figure you are going to be waking me so can I borrow a shirt to wear until we get me some clothing? Otherwise it might be a little awkward if you catch my drift.” She was trying to use tact but it just came out sounding like she was trying to be coy. She started adding in shading as she waited for him to respond.

“I don’t know with this place locked down like this I doubt anywhere but outside will have decent natural light. Setting up and art studio is expensive.” She said and sketched some more.

“Lizzie…I will do what I can to make this as decent as possible for you. I can’t have you outside anymore than an early morning jog or something until after the trial. I will worry about the expense of something like art supplies…I like what you are doing...I do enjoy people that have the gift. I can’t draw anything but a stick person…but it amazes how you do that.” He said smiling.

“Yea I can see why people can’t stand you. You have a stick up your back end as long as the equator. Also I don’t do mediocre food so I will take over cooking but you have the dishes.” She paused.

“Tell me how you really feel.” He said and laughed.

“Hey I am not going to be able to get up on my own you know.” She said and he looked at her.

She paused and he could tell she was a little embarrassed., “I figure you are going to be waking me so can I borrow a shirt to wear until we get me some clothing? Otherwise it might be a little awkward if you catch my drift.”

“I understand. I have plenty of big t-shirts, sweat shirts and sweat pants that you are welcome to. I have my work clothes but only own a few pairs of jeans and button down shirts…everything else is shorts, sweatpants and t-shirts to work out in and lounge around in.” he states and smiles.

“I can grab some or you can scavenger through…you certainly seem like you have a lot on the ball and far be it for me to keep the impression I have a stick up my back end. If you can help me improve more I am open for your suggestive hints.” He says and laughs softly as he gets up and heads toward the living room.

“Deal on me doing dishes…and you cooking.” He adds.

“I think I will let you decide what to give me but if you don’t wear the button downs often I could use one of them so that you aren’t short other clothes. It will only be a couple days.” She stayed in her room the rest of the evening working on her sketch but once night time came she ventured the rest of the house, “Cop dude whose name I didn’t pay attention to?” She called out to him trying to figure out where he was, “I guess you, as you seem like some crazy health weirdo, that you don’t have soda?”
Elizabeth wandered into the living room standing just in the entrance to the room, “And can I get that shirt so I can head to bed?”

“I think I will let you decide what to give me but if you don’t wear the button downs often I could use one of them so that you aren’t short other clothes. It will only be a couple days.” She stated.

He went to his room and gathered a couple of button down shirts and a pair of sweat outfit shirt and pants.

“Cop dude whose name I didn’t pay attention to?” She called out to him trying to figure out where he was, “I guess you, as you seem like some crazy health weirdo, that you don’t have soda?”

He laughed at her again.
“If your day job of domestic goddess ever gets old you would make a marvelous hostess with your personality Lizzie. The name is Ron…you can call me Ron, Ronnie, or RJ as my middle name is Jacob. With all your talents…you should be able to do better than cop dude.” He states smiling.

“If you want soda…I can get that for you. Just write on the note pad on the refrigerator…it is titled grocery list.” He adds smirking.

Elizabeth wandered into the living room standing just in the entrance to the room, “And can I get that shirt so I can head to bed?”

“Right there is 2 button down shirts. I also have a matching sweat shirt and sweat pants. All for you until you get your clothes.” He replies smiling.

“You sure make me wonder why I ever enjoyed living alone. Better entertainment than TV.” He adds and laughs.

She looked him over quickly before wandering towards the kitchen writing down soda in large letters, “There in case you’re old timers act up.” She gave him a sarcastic glare then looked him over quickly again, “How tall are you? I doubt your pants are going to fit me in the waist or length. Thanks though. I have a pair of jeans I can wear and a few shirts for the day time all I needed was something to wear at night.”
“RJ, you sure that isn’t short for robo jerk? “ She smirked again, “ I like that name though, Jacob. I guess RJ will do. “She considered kicking him for his TV comment but she thought better of it not knowing if he would kick back. “Night.”
She followed the way back to her room changing out of her clothes and trying to find her way to the bathroom wrapped in a towel that she brought with her. She sighed again searching for soap and even if she was going to be forced to smell like a man she was not going to bed dirty. She showered quickly using the brush she had also brought in her bag she combed her waist length locks until they were knot free. Drying off then wrapping herself in the towel she hurried to her room again to put on one of the button downs and her one of the clean pairs of underwear she had. Folding her things neatly on the dresser she went to the bed laying down after shutting off the light. She tossed and turned for a long time but when sleep came it was restful and she could remember no dreams.

“There in case you’re old timers act up.” She gave him a sarcastic glare then looked him over quickly again,

He smirked at her and shook his head.

“How tall are you? I doubt your pants are going to fit me in the waist or length. Thanks though. I have a pair of jeans I can wear and a few shirts for the day time all I needed was something to wear at night.”

“There is a adjustable draw string Lizzie but it is up to you.” He replied rolling his eyes.

“RJ, you sure that isn’t short for robo jerk? “ She smirked again, “ I like that name though, Jacob. I guess RJ will do.

“Robo jerk? Wow. Nice.” He replied smiling.

“Night.” She said.

“Night Lizzie.” He said pleasantly.

He stayed up for a good while. He did walk by her bedroom door to check if she had gone to sleep. The first night he wanted to make sure all went well…no attempted escape or bad dreams. He headed to bed.

She was a firecracker but a pleasant girl. It was sad what her foster parents did and the life she had lived. He wondered sometimes if being a cop wasn’t a bad choice. A lot of heartbreaking situations. His emotions have run wild and he knew he deserved his suspension as he did get overly physical with scumbags that hurt women and children. He never denied it or said he was sorry for hurting them for their crimes.

5am came early as he got up and threw on his shorts and sweat outfit. He stretched and did jumping jacks then 100 push ups and sit ups before going to wake Lizzie up.
“Rise and shine bright eyes. Besides wanting to jog…I am waiting on your first insult of the day.” He said as he opened her bedroom door.

She wasn’t in the bed. Elizabeth was in a tangled mess of covers that had obviously broken her fall from the bed in her sleep but from the vantage of the door there was nothing of her. She was entirely cocooned in the comforter and her head had somehow managed to be under the bed. She didn’t snore but she slept like she was dead. His voice, a tornado, a train, and hell the apocalypse wouldn’t wake this girl up without a good shake first.

The only sign of her still being in the room at all was the stack of her things, including her clothing, which was piled in nice piles on the dresser. She was not by any stretch a morning person.

He waited but heard nothing. He looked in her room closer to se she wasn’t in bed. He stayed clam as he looked around. Nothing missing except her. He then spotted a mountain of covers on the floor.
“Really?” He said and went over.

He gently pulled the covers back till he confirmed she was there. He saw her head under the bed. He gently moved her out from under there. He nudged her.
“Lizzie.” He said a few times to wake her.

“Time to wake up…take the day.” He added.
"Still waiting on my morning insult." he said smiling as he nudged her.

“Yeah yeah.” She squirmed in the covers but she realized soon that somehow she had managed to get trapped in the tangled mess, “You have gotta be kidding! NOT AGAIN!” She looked disgruntled and irritated, “Well Robo Jerk isn’t your job to protect me? GEEZ Way to sleep on the job while I am devoured by evil comforters! “

She eventually worked her way Free and tried her best to adjust the shirt before standing, “ I wear that if you so much as tell anyone about this I will kick your butt do hard you will land in china!” She went to the dresser clipping pants on under his shirt and tugging the long tendrils on hair into a pony tail, “Ok no more free shows of my chest now get out.” The jeans may have been black but they were as tight as any other form fitting denim and the likelihood of her running in them was not looking good.

“Yeah yeah.” She squirmed in the covers, “You have gotta be kidding! NOT AGAIN!” She looked disgruntled and irritated, “Well Robo Jerk isn’t your job to protect me? GEEZ Way to sleep on the job while I am devoured by evil comforters! “

“Sorry Lizzie I guess I missed that class at the academy how to protect young ladies from their own bedding.” He said and laughed.

She eventually worked her way Free and tried her best to adjust the shirt before standing,
“ I wear that if you so much as tell anyone about this I will kick your butt do hard you will land in china!”

“Well with a threat like that you have my silence.” He replied mockingly.

She went to the dresser clipping pants on under his shirt and tugging the long tendrils on hair into a pony tail,
“Ok no more free shows of my chest now get out.”

He laughs and walks out. She was so arrogant it was hilarious. He did like her sarcasm. Most people get insulted but he loved her shots and give backs when he delivered back. He was truthful that he adored his sisters but they were not even at her level. Robo Jerk…that was golden.

He stretched a bit more and strapped on 10 pound ankle weights on his ankles then a 40 pound backpack on around his shoulders on his back and two 10 pound weights for each hand. He was in that good of shape to carry 80 some times over 100 pounds extra when running.

Her black spaghetti strap top was the best she could do and she hoped with how it clung to her that it would stay down. The last thing she needed was to showing her scars off to everyone who they might have passed. She trudged down the steps combat boots already tied and ready to go then she saw him and couldn’t help but comment, “Wow nice look very conducive to hot days and running for like how ever long. Let’s get this over with I have things to do.”
She didn’t bother stretching but simply applied herself to the prospect of running with a lunatic covered in weights, “You know you could drop all the weights and just run with me on your back then we could both be happy. I wouldn’t have to run and you could still be all psycho commando dude.” She hated running for the simple fact that being large busted with small everything else including short legs was not something that should ever be done. She readied herself by the door crossing her arms over her chest, “And Don’t expect eggs when we get back. They are gross and I refuse to be a part of a chicken’s abortion. Let’s go.”

She trudged down the steps,
“Wow nice look very conducive to hot days and running for like how ever long. Let’s get this over with I have things to do.”

He laughed.
“Yea its called training Lizzie.” He replied.

“You know you could drop all the weights and just run with me on your back then we could both be happy. I wouldn’t have to run and you could still be all psycho commando dude.” She said and he grinned.

“Wow what a win-win for all right? We will see..that might be a good option tomorrow.” He replied and smirked.

“And Don’t expect eggs when we get back. They are gross and I refuse to be a part of a chicken’s abortion. Let’s go.” She said and he walked out the door with her.

“I am not much on eating eggs. I guess you are to be making some type high class delicacy for me for breakfast.” He said sarcastically mocking her as he ran in place waiting for her to follow.

He ran ahead for a bit made sure she was always close behind.

Back
Top Bottom