Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cop and the Runaway (Closed for DeadRoseGarden)

“I like orange, I like any season but winter, and well they probably wouldn’t inquire about me and if you made something up they would never know the difference any way so yea.” She said,

He looked at her smiling at how quickly she was into it.

“How old are we saying I am? I mean eight years isn’t so bad but the fact that I am under 18 might wig them out. Maybe 19?”

“Okay 19 is cool. You certainly have a maturity with your personality to pull off at least 19.” He said smiling.

She was blushing now and looking down at his hand with interest.
“Well um… Why are you holding my hand now? For practice or something?”

“Yea practice…it wouldn’t look good if you twitched at my taking your hand or any other subtle touch.” He said as they walked back to the house holding hands.

He smiled as he thought about her words. He released her hand and went in behind her. He wrapped his arms around her.
“Or something…what would that mean? Just curious.” He said with his arms around her at her tummy level.

“Now you see this is exactly what we should be comfortable with in front of my family.” He added and smiled before releasing her.

She thought the whole way home about how to get back at him for that last move but when they walked in the door she knew just what to do. Elizabeth had kissed boys in school before but the prospect of kissing a man far beyond her reach seemed exciting in the moment when she cornered him against the door.

She grasped the back of his neck and stood as tall as she could on her tip toes pressing her soft plump lips to his for a long moment before breaking away, “Live in girlfriend? I think that should be what we should be comfortable with.” She gave an almost evil grin as if payback had been served and ran off to her room before the consequences could hit.

He smiled as he released the hug but as she faced him, her look was strange. She cornered him against the door by the time he realized what she was up to. She grasped the back of his neck and stood as tall as she could on her tip toes pressing her soft plump lips to his for a long moment before breaking away.

What the hell is going on? He thought. This wasn’t good.
“Live in girlfriend? I think that should be what we should be comfortable with.” She gave an almost evil grin as if payback had been served and ran off to her room before the consequences could hit.

“Really? What was that?” He said smirking even with a bit of enjoyment from it. Still, was she serious? He did wonder how far she with this. Did she have a crush on him? Was she playing a game? This might not be good if anyone found out he was doing anything with the witness much less if anything more than a hug or kiss occurred.

He sat and contemplated for a while before getting up and knocking on her door.
“So live in girlfriend…are you ready for breakfast? You aren’t going another 48 hours without food. An apple doesn’t count.” He states and smiles. He was half hoping it was her playing a game but she was a good kisser the more he thought about that sensation.

She emerged an apron in hand that she purchased from the bath and body store, it had been a promotional thing but he had to be crazy if he thought she was getting her new clothes dirty, “Be a love and put this in the kitchen for me. I would like to shower before I start cooking.” She grinned feeling a light heartedness that she had not in a long time.
After she had finished her shower she came down smelling just like a woman should. Her wonderland body products made her feel more confident and the silky feel of her hair was better than it had been in weeks. That was not the best part though; her tight black corset top that was laced with a bright pink ribbon and her new flair leg jeans that were made of distressed denim were snug to her womanly curves. “Ok now since we did not go to the store let me see what I can whip up.” She searched the cupboards and the refrigerator finding just what she needed for pancakes. Naturally she was able to make them from scratch and added a touch of vanilla to give them a creamy flavor. Before long they were served on two plates accompanied by slices of strawberry. “Ok now milk or do you have juice in there?” She set the table perfectly and even made sure to lay out the glasses that she had spent a little time searching for them.

He smiled as she emerged with an apron on like she was Julia Child or some overly famous chef.
“Be a love and put this in the kitchen for me. I would like to shower before I start cooking.”

He looked at her and smirked as she went and showered. He did however as requested seeing where this day would be headed.

“Ok now since we did not go to the store let me see what I can whip up.” She said as she searched the cupboards and the refrigerator finding just what she needed for pancakes.

“Well I hope my meager supplies will suit you..is it Rachel Ray or Paula Dean?” he said laughing.

She served pancakes in little time on two plates accompanied by slices of strawberry. “Ok now milk or do you have juice in there?” She set the table perfectly and even made sure to lay out the glasses that she had spent a little time searching for them.

“I have milk, orange juice, and V8. At night I drink a glass of cherry juice.” He replied as he came into the kitchen and smiled.

“I am impressed you really do a great job. Not bad from my live in girlfriend.” He said and gave her a one arm hug and sat down.

She got them both orange juice deciding that would counteract the sweet taste of the syrup and pancakes. Sitting gracefully across from the place she set for him Elizabeth waited for him to be seated before starting to eat.
“By the way the two ladies you mentioned are by no means my equal. “She grinned a bit cocky about her cooking skills. While they were simply pancakes they were thick and fluffy filling the fill circumference of the plates without a single crease from her turning them. “So are your parents going to freak that you never told them about La live in girlfriend?”
She took small polite bites and it was very clear that despite her temperament she was truly well mannered when she wanted to be. She examined the room as she chewed and then spoke, “You know your entire home is way outdated. You could use some new appliances and well everything else. Do you have a back yard?”

“By the way the two ladies you mentioned are by no means my equal. “She grinned a bit cocky.

“I won’t argue for fear of not receiving another good meal like this. I will say you are something…are ceasing to amaze me with what you will sy or do next.” He said and laughed heartedly.

“So are your parents going to freak that you never told them about a live in girlfriend?”

“No I am 25, Lizzie. I would make them freak if I told them I met you a nymphomaniac anonymous meeting. That might be worth it for a laugh. I mean they will ask how we met.” He said still laughing.

He finally calmed down and ate his breakfast.

“You know your entire home is way outdated. You could use some new appliances and well everything else. Do you have a back yard?”

“I am open if you want to redecorate or give suggestion Ms Live in girlfriend.” He said mockingly going along with this as a bit of joke.

“Yes my backyard runs into a creek. It is spacious.” He adds.

She grinned sheepishly at his comment about how they met, “Given my status I doubt they would think I was some kind of sex freak.” She rolled her eyes, “But how are we going to tell them we met?” Elizabeth considered for a long time about how she would better the place, brighten it even but she couldn’t focus very much.

She sipped her orange juice and was well past done eating halfway through her pancakes. Still in proper manners she waited for him to be finished before she would get up. In the mean time she took note of the things she could do in a back yard like that, “Can you swim in the creek or is too fast or deep or something?”

She grinned sheepishly at his comment about how they met,
“Given my status I doubt they would think I was some kind of sex freak.” She rolled her eyes, “But how are we going to tell them we met?”

He laughed.
“I will come up with something. I was out jogging and ran into you or something. I don’t get out much…my life is my work or it was.” He said smirking.

He took notice that she waited for him to be done eating before she moved. Good manners but sadly odd, “Can you swim in the creek or is too fast or deep or something?”

“It is not for swimming, it is quite deep in the spring and beginning of the summer. You want to be careful around it. There are places that are shallow certain times of the year and wildlife cross there regularly.” He replies smiling.

Elizabeth nodded heeding his warning about the water. She though for a long while before standing excusing herself for a momment before returning with her sketch book and a pencile. Instead of remaining where her plate was she sat beside him now turning to the sketch she had done.
"This is the one I did for you." In the picture was a young woman's outile leaning against a tree that stood alone, "It will be placed at sunset when I paint it and I think I may draw more feature in of her. Do you like it?"

She sat beside him now turning to the sketch she had done showing her sktch book to him.
"This is the one I did for you." In the picture was a young woman's outline leaning against a tree that stood alone, "It will be placed at sunset when I paint it and I think I may draw more feature in of her. Do you like it?"

He looks at it and smiles.
“I seriously do. When I say you never to cease to amaze me, it is a good thing. You are a very talented young lady apparently in some fascinating areas. A great cook, excuse me chef….and quite the artist. Besides being a pretty bright girl.” He states and smiles as he puts his arm around her and gives her a half hug.

He gets up from the table.
“You are an amazing young lady Lizzie. I wasn’t initially excited about this assignment but I am growing fond of having you around. That is saying something considering I am after all Mr. Robo Jerk.” He added mockingly but smiling. He walks to the living room and plops down on the sofa to watch some TV.

“Did you want to venture out for better food supplies to properly be able to fix meals?” he asks.

Elizabeth said nothing when he complimented her but simply grinned a little at him before he went to watch TV.
“That might be a good idea given you have hardly anything for me to work with. Can we get a few canvases and the stuff I need to paint this? “She got up clearing the table cleaning the plates and rinsing them, “Remember you are on dishes. Call me down when you are ready to go.” She went to her room not knowing that she left the sketch book behind. Once in the room she fished out her music player and put in her ear buds singing quietly to the music as she reclined on her nicely made bed.
The day had been good so far and it seemed her efforts at being nicer to him were paying off.

“That might be a good idea given you have hardly anything for me to work with. Can we get a few canvases and the stuff I need to paint this? “

“Okay…we can get your painting stuff and then hit the grocery store.” He replied smiling. He was enjoying the pleasant and nice Lizzie by far.

“Remember you are on dishes. Call me down when you are ready to go.”

She went to her room not knowing that she left the sketch book behind. He smiled and got up and walked past her. He was quite pleased at how this was going. He had concerns especially 5 minutes in when she was already giving attitude. He took the dishes and washed by hand before putting in the dish washer. He was a bit manic about germs so he insisted on doing them by hand then the dish washer route.

He looked over at her sketch book. He was naturally curious especially as a cop. He opened it not thinking it was supposed to private and started thumbing through it. She had some real talent he thought to himself. Then he got to the interesting pages.
“Wow.” He was taken back a bit. “Damn.” It was shocking.

Elizabeth realised after several minutes that she had left her book behind. When she returned to see RJ looking in it and what page her heart sank. "I was 15 when I drew that. There were rules and we had to take swimming. The boys made fun of my scars but everyone else just looked away. My foster sister told me to look at my reflection and draw what I found beautiful about myself." She sat down and smiled at the nude torse she had drawn despite the scars, " but that was what I drew. I guess I never hated the scars just the reason they were thete and that others found them ugly."

Lizzie returned to see RJ looking in it.
"I was 15 when I drew that. There were rules and we had to take swimming. The boys made fun of my scars but everyone else just looked away. My foster sister told me to look at my reflection and draw what I found beautiful about myself."

RJ looked at her as she talked.

She sat down and smiled at the nude torse she had drawn despite the scars, " but that was what I drew. I guess I never hated the scars just the reason they were thete and that others found them ugly."

“Lizzie..you are a gorgeous amazing girl…young lady…on the outside and on the inside. Everyone has scars that has lived…it is just some don’t show them outwardly.” He replied.

“I apologize…I should have asked permission but I find your artistic talent just incredible. You are really something….Now what I actually found most interesting was the pictures I clearly see as you along with a boy I different positions. One he has arm around you. Another he is pushing you in a swing.” He adds smiling.

“The boy doesn’t have a face. I was just curious if that was symbolic…for you still looking for that special guy.” He said and smiled. “Because I know you will find him as he will be chasing you. You have a lot of great qualities that any guy would be lucky to be with you Lizzie.” He added.

"Anyway...you ready to go to shopping some more?" He said smirking.

She tucked her hair behind her ears, “No actually they are incomplete memories from when I was small. I can’t remember his face but my therapist said if I kept drawling him I would remember. I still haven’t but your theory makes me wonder if someone already is thinking of chasing after me.” She gave him a meaningful look that lasted only moments before she stood.

“And besides you can look at anything you want. The most you ever see in there is my upper body and I guess if you weren’t focusing on my bare breast but a picture of me and another boy I doubt I have anything to worry about.” She sighed in a weak laugh before going to get her shoes and purse spraying herself with a splash of perfume.

Once at the art store Elizabeth went wild looking at all of the things she could use but she decided on paints and brushes first. Then she caught the gaze of a young man who was watching her intently and she could not help but smile, “Well live in boyfriend it looks like some guy is checking me out.” She laughed mockingly and gave the guy a playful grin before going down the easel isle.

She tucked her hair behind her ears, “No actually they are incomplete memories from when I was small. I can’t remember his face but my therapist said if I kept drawling him I would remember. I still haven’t but your theory makes me wonder if someone already is thinking of chasing after me.” She gave him a meaningful look that lasted only moments before she stood.

“No worries...I won’t let anyone harm you Lizzie.” He replied not really thinking about that angle till now.

“And besides you can look at anything you want. The most you ever see in there is my upper body and I guess if you weren’t focusing on my bare breast but a picture of me and another boy I doubt I have anything to worry about.” She sighed in a weak laugh before going to get her shoes and purse spraying herself with a splash of perfume.

“Well I am naturally curious with being a cop and all but didn’t want to invade your privacy.” He replied again with modesty.

He packed his firearms in his ankle holster and his back holster. He grabbed a jacket to conceal the gun he had on his back. He was ready to go as well.

Once they arrived, he scanned the store for anyone looking at Lizzie too long.

“Well live in boyfriend it looks like some guy is checking me out.” She laughed mockingly and gave the guy a playful grin before going down the easel isle.

He had spotted the young man and was on high alert.
“Lets hope he is a live-in boyfriend issue and not an issue for robo-jerk.” He said softly so only she could hear.

He knew if the people had enough money to put 3 million dollars on a Visa debit card, they certainly had enough money to hire someone to silence the number one witness. He tried to float away from Lizzie to surveillance if the guy would approach her. He wasn’t sure if he was spotted coming in with her either.

The guy approached her as she looked over charcoal. He leaned beside her giving her his name and proceeding to flirt with her. She giggled at him in a coy fashion trying to see if Robo Jerk brought out live in boyfriend to put an end to the boy’s advances. She doubted it unless he thought her flirting was going to jeopardize his job.

The boy helped her carry the things to the counter and to her surprise got behind the counter to ring her out. She went to find RJ and get her card while he did so and when they returned he slipped her his phone number having added on a discount, “Awe that’s nice of him to pay. Your older brother I guess?”

The guy approached her as she looked over charcoal. He leaned beside her giving her his name and proceeding to flirt with her. She giggled at him.

RJ looked on very intently to see his intentions. It seemed harmless enough so he just stayed close.

The boy helped her carry the things to the counter and to her surprise got behind the counter to ring her out.

RJ smiled as she came to get the card. He walked with her and noticed the boy slipped her his phone number having added on a discount,
“Awe that’s nice of him to pay. Your older brother I guess?”

He smiled at the boy and took the phone number from Lizzie and handed it to him.
“That would be No. Live in boy friend bub.” He said grinning.

He probably should have let it go but he didn’t want her to try and hook up with this young punk at least till after the trial of course. Any contact with anyone right now could put her in danger.

He walked outside with her grinning almost laughing.
“Sorry but we can’t risk you contacting or having contact with anyone until after the trial. If you are interested Shaggy from Scooby Doo after the trial by all means revisit this place.” He said smirking.

“I think someone is jealous.” Elizabeth grinned at him getting into the car and buckling up. “Saying you were my older brother would have done the same thing if you handed him back the number” Then she was silent until they got to the grocery store. Before getting out of the car she turned to him stating plainly, “Besides that guy was not even close to my type.”
She seemed amused at the whole situation and she walked ahead grabbing a cart and waiting for him to catch up.

Once home she organised the groceries complaining about how high shelves were hard to reach. Once the task was compleeted she quickly threw together a chef salad and made chicken enchaladas serving them when finished. She had moved on from the acusation of his jelouse seeming reaction. Sitting across from him she served them each salad and then started to eat. Her thoughts were on the prospect of painting.

“I think someone is jealous.” Elizabeth grinned at him getting into the car and buckling up. “Saying you were my older brother would have done the same thing if you handed him back the number”

“Seriously? Lizzie…he was hitting on you thinking I was your older brother.” He replied laughing softly. He didn’t want to hurt her ego but at the same time set the record straight.

He buckled up and drove to the grocery store.
Before getting out of the car she turned to him stating plainly, “Besides that guy was not even close to my type.”

He just looked at her and followed her trying to catch up as she hopped out and skipped along like it was another game of sorts.

Once they were done shopping for groceries he drove home. He helped unload. She organized the groceries. He laughed at her complaints about high shelves. She made a chef salad and chicken enchiladas for lunch. She served him lunch.

“Let me say you are an amazing cook Lizzie. You are a great girl. I like having you around but to completely set the record straight…I am a relationship disaster and as you said before too old for you. You are awesome and I could only hope to meet someone half as great as you but I doubt anyone could stand me for more than 15 minutes as my real girlfriend. So, I will be content with life as a bachelor and hopefully keep my job as a cop. Your prince charming will arrive and he will be lucky to be with you.” He said with somber honesty.

"Right." Elizabeth stood packing the food in containers and went upstairs without another word.

She always hated when people lied to her and she knew there were no fairytales. Luckily for her she had a photographic memory for numbers. She thought for a while before she got her prepaid phone out and dialed the guy from earlier. When he did not answer she left her number explaining the guy was no longer her boyfriend. Then she set up the cavas after putting a smock on to start the painting.

"Right." Elizabeth stood packing the food in containers.

“What? What did I just say that you have an attitude with? You keep losing me with this stuff. I paid you a compliment Lizzie.” He said to her hoping it got through.

She went upstairs without another word.

Then she set up the canvas after putting a smock on to start the painting.

“Are we cool or do we need to talk Lizzie? I do think you a fabulous but am missing what I am doing that annoys you so quickly at times. So unless I am reading something not there…I am open to discuss.” He stated as he walked to her room where she was about to paint.

It did cross his mind obviously she was crushing on him but he doubted that he was her type. He felt much less that was inappropriate for the job he had to do. He didn’t want to hurt her feelings but he wanted to set the record straight again if necessary.

“It isn’t you. The ideas that people have are the problem. There are no prince charming or knights in shining armor. They are story book fiction and I have no time for any of that. All people are evil and awful it is only a matter of how much they show to other people.” Setting up the paints with her back to him was the easiest way to talk about this, “I just try to avoid false hopes that anyone will ever save me so that I never get too lazy to save myself. After all I am all I have.”
She started with the sketching having the little sketch book with the picture on the edge of the easel for her to look from. Her hand moved precisely with the vine charcoal but much more slowly than it did with a penciled and the lines were hardly visible, “And just so you know I am quite aware of our differences and despite the fact that I have dated much older men than you I could never imagine putting your precious job on the line. It is simply for show that your parents don’t get too involved right? I get that. Besides I doubt you are the kind of guy to dote on a girl and after all the things I have gone through I deserve someone to love me even if they are not a prince and I doubt you could with all you have said.” She focused then on sketching and it was clear she was guarding herself.

“It isn’t you. The ideas that people have are the problem. There are no prince charming or knights in shining armor. They are story book fiction and I have no time for any of that. All people are evil and awful it is only a matter of how much they show to other people.” She replied as she was setting up the paints with her back to him, “I just try to avoid false hopes that anyone will ever save me so that I never get too lazy to save myself. After all I am all I have.”

“Well I am not going to fill you full of false hope Lizzie…but you have to at least try and develop a positive outlook. Otherwise you will never enjoy life I guess. I know the world is a toilet bowl all too well as a cop but there are a lot of good people and good things as well out there.” He replied.

“And just so you know I am quite aware of our differences and despite the fact that I have dated much older men than you I could never imagine putting your precious job on the line. It is simply for show that your parents don’t get too involved right? I get that. Besides I doubt you are the kind of guy to dote on a girl and after all the things I have gone through I deserve someone to love me even if they are not a prince and I doubt you could with all you have said.” She focused then on sketching and it was clear she was guarding herself.

“Okay so now this is about us? There is not a precious job. I have been shot and done crazy heroic things to be awarded medals...then I am on suspension with the good possibility to be fired if not today 6 months or a year from now. It is hard to fire me today…they gave me that damn medal only a month and a half ago. So…if I stay in law enforcement, I look to take a different from big city politics as maybe a small town chief of police.” He replied

“Yea we are different Lizzie…I do like you. I think your attractive. If I didn’t have a job to do…you would turn my head with not only your look but I enjoy personality I guess is the best way to say it. I doubt I am your type…I don’t even know my type…I am a relationship disaster. Yes the thing is for show with my parents…I never said I think it wouldn’t be fun.” He added and was silent for a moment.

“You are old enough to understand life can suck. But you do deserve for someone to love you and treat you well. It doesn’t matter what you have gone through…you are a special beautiful young woman with a lot going for you. It is my sincere hope Lizzie to be your friend even after this is all over. I don’t know about more but if there was ever more between us…I would be getting the better of that deal. You do deserve someone to dote on you. For now just understand I think highly of you but have to keep you safe…yes it is my job but I do care about you as well. I will not fail and let something happen to you.” He states and takes a breath then walks back down to the living room.

Did he say too much or should he have held back something? It is a mute point now.

Back
Top Bottom