Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

First Day (DeadRoseGarden and King_Bakal)

king_bakal said:
"Finally." Said Brian as he walked towards Eve outside the room. It was a relief of some sorts. In a way, he kinda missed her even tho it's not that long since the last time he saw her. He paused as he tried to recall that melody that she is humming. "Mozart." He said with confidence. "My classical knowledge is not that vast but I know some standouts." He stood there with her, chatting with her, happy to be with her again. He was engrossed with their conversation that it took a nudge from Johnny, the team's punter, to tell him "It's time buddy"

With a smile and a big wave, Brian said to Eve "See you there!"

"The green grass of the field looks good. It's gonna be one heck of a practice day." He said to himself loudly.

Johnny looked at Eve then at Brian. It seems he sensed something too. He smiled at the thought.

Eve admitted slightly embarrassed, “I don’t pay attention to who made it I just sing it.” She laughed at herself and found entertainment in . The coach chided Eve as he always did when she showed up at practice saying that she was a distraction for the team but in truth the coach liked having her around too. Eve always made herself busy filling cups with beverages and making sure the towels were stacked more nicely than the towel boy left them but she found little enjoyment in the actual game. She blocked out the noise with ear buds that blasted show tunes into her ears and once practice was over she returned the jacket she had been given at the start of the day.
“Don’t worry I will still come to the game for pity sake.” She rolled her eyes at her friend and waited on the bench while the boys went to change. It gave coach the perfect opportunity to ask her for a favor. When asked if she would sing the national anthem for the homecoming game Eve had to pause a minute and think. She asked the coach if he was sure he wanted someone who looked like her representing the school in that way but the coach just gave her a look. Eve reluctantly agreed and was glad it was still a month or so off. She hoped that it did not require her to go to the dance. She had been asked many times over the years at the school but she had never found anyone she truly wanted to go with.

Brian is firing on all four cylinders. He was a great addition to the team. Everyone liked him because of his never say die attitude on the field and his sponge like personality. He listens to advices and follows directions carefully.
As for Eve being present at the practice, she's not really a distraction to him. Inspiration is a more fitting term. He is pumped up, ready to perform. This is an opportunity that he doesn't want to lose. He now belongs to a well respected school and he just met someone who would probably change the course of his life. Yes, earning a scholarship is a life changing moment. Meeting someone like Eve also has the same impact.

Practice was over. He saw Eve chatting with the coach of the team. He looked at her while he is walking towards the benches. He recalled how her presence today made his day a lot "better" than usual.

It was a good practice. It was a good day. Again, he found himself in a familiar position, beside her, trying open up a conversation.

king_bakal said:
Brian is firing on all four cylinders. He was a great addition to the team. Everyone liked him because of his never say die attitude on the field and his sponge like personality. He listens to advices and follows directions carefully.
As for Eve being present at the practice, she's not really a distraction to him. Inspiration is a more fitting term. He is pumped up, ready to perform. This is an opportunity that he doesn't want to lose. He now belongs to a well respected school and he just met someone who would probably change the course of his life. Yes, earning a scholarship is a life changing moment. Meeting someone like Eve also has the same impact.

Practice was over. He saw Eve chatting with the coach of the team. He looked at her while he is walking towards the benches. He recalled how her presence today made his day a lot "better" than usual.

It was a good practice. It was a good day. Again, he found himself in a familiar position, beside her, trying open up a conversation.

Eve turned her attention to Brian, “Well I guess we should be homeward bound. I walk home so if you want me to walk you to your car or something I can do that. I assume that since you claim to be a freshman that is my age you are likely to drive?”

It was funny to think but his feelings for Eve were shared by several people and such was the case as she was approached again by the football player that had given her the jacket in the morning. He nodded to Brian and offered her a note that was folded into the shape of a foot ball. She gave an awkward smile knowing just what she would find in it on her walk home.

Brian shrugged then smiled. "I do drive but I don't have a car." He said to Eve. He told her to wait just a little bit. He went for a quick shower and gathered all his stuff from the lockers. After everything was done, he walked to meet with her again, eager to walk with her, eager to have a few more moments with her before finally heading home. He noticed the look on her face and asked her what is wrong. Thoughts then bombarded his mind. Did he do something wrong? Is it because he made her wait? "This is not good" He said to himself. Saturday is just around the corner.

Eve shook her head folding the note back up and shoving it into her bag, “Just the stupid letter.” She rolled her eyes and shrugged. She would never get used to turning the same person down on a daily basis let alone several people. She got up and gave him a warm smile, “Nothing to worry yourself about. Ready to go?” She rubbed her arms and started walking towards the gate that lead to the sidewalk that lead the whole two mile walk home. She hoped moving would warm her more and she made a note that the following day she was wearing something warmer.

"Here, you seem to be a bit cold there. Don't worry, not a single trace of sweat on it." Brian said this as he gently draped his hoody across her shoulders. "I have Irish blood in my veins. I can endure weather way colder than this." He smiled at her then started laughing. He was enjoying this walk that they have. As for the "stupid letter", he wanted to know what it is but decided that he shouldn't ruin the mood. It was a good walk. Two miles is not that bad. It actually feels short. He wanted more time with her. Before he realized it, two miles is over and they are now in front of her place. He said the norm, a casual goodbyes, a wave, and a reminder to her to wear something warmer tomorrow. Everything was good today.

Next on the list is the two mile jog back to school. Yes, he doesn't have a car but he does have a motorbike. He was about to show it to her but sensing that she's cold, he thought that the 40mph winds would freeze her like a popsicle. No extra helmet and he is not sure if she's comfortable with riding so he just walked her home. Her safety and comfort is top priority. He'll ask tomorrow.

Next stop is his friend's house. To borrow an extra helmet.

Eve looked at him curiously accepting his kindness, “Whoa I totally thought you were just some super huge Asian guy” She laughed at her blatant ignorance as she slipped her arms into the too long sleeves. She tugged the sleeves up her arms a little, “I’m not so interesting Spanish, Irish, and Sicilian.” Eve found his combination interesting and pressed on a little, “So my guess is your mom is Asian and your dad is Irish?”

When she noticed him going the whole way with her she had to ask, “Do you live this way or something?” She stopped in front of her large home with the white fence and smiled, “Well any way it was nice talking to you. I would invite you in but given I just met you and you kind of followed me home I think we need time to establish you are not some crazy person.” She laughed at her own bit of dark humor and she hoped secretly that her fear was not the actuality. Eve was the sort of girl who hoped that chivalry was not dead. “I guess I will see you tomorrow morning at school? I promise to return this still white which for me is a task.” She smiled again before going inside the gate and starting dinner for her Dad who had been single since her mother died five years prior. Once that was underway she knew homework was on the list of things to maintain her 4.0 GPA.

The next morning Eve was in the normal place but she had made sure to wear a long sleeve top. It clung to her plentiful curves and tiny waist making her appear even more formed than the top had made her look the day before. She added to that her favorite peasant skirt that was long black and flowed right to the top of her two inch heeled black boots.

"Of course! See you tomorrow Eve!"
These words echoed through Brian's head as he rode his Yamaha Tourer down the street. Anticipation and butterflies are the words synonymous with him this morning. He is wearing his riding jacket today and aside from the usual bag of stuff neatly secured at the compartments behind his bike, he is carrying with him an extra helmet today.

He lives not far away from Eve's place. It's a small apartment unit that he and his mom rented. His dad already passed away. This is a stunning blow to Brian it was his dad who got him into athletics. His dad almost made it big in the NFL till a crippling injury shattered the opportunity. The family went into the sports memorabilia business but after a string of bad investments, foreclosure and some bad publicity, depression caught up with Brian's father. His health deteriorated. Liver and heart complications ended it. With the little savings they have, they moved to this humble apartment where he currently lives. Brian didn't go to high school and instead helped his mom by doing back breaking work at the shipyard. This didn't stop the young Brian to pursue his hobby of sports. He would play ball at the playground with the other kids or football by the beach where after a tiring day, he would just lay down and relax. This is where the school's scouts have spotted him. His mom on the other hand found work on the local grocery store. Things then took a turn for the worst as they discovered that his mom got sick. The brother of his mom heard about this and offered to take care of her. Medications is way more affordable in Taiwan so they've decided that for now, his mom would fly back to her home country while Brian pursues his education.

Brian arrived at Eve's place. He was instantly blown away by her presence.
"Good morning!" He said to her. "She's not a car, yeah, but she saves me gas." And his laughter followed.
He froze for a moment, before dismounting his bike.

"I wanted to give you a ride today, but it seems skirts and bikes don't mix well. I can just leave this here." A shy smile followed.

Pretending to be much braver than she was she held out her hand trying to seem like she had been on a bike before. “Helmet?” She had been holding the hoodie he had lent her but instead she Slipped it on and zipped it tugging up the sleeves. She secured her messenger bag and awaited the helmet. Her heart was racing and she was glad that it was only a two mile ride because she was scared beyond belief but the smile on her face would never let on. Trusting her life to a person she hardly knew was dumb but once he provided the helmet and it was secured on her head she hiked up her skirt tucking it all around her so it would not rip and so all her private area were well covered, her legs on the other hand were freezing already from being exposed to the chilled air.
Eve set her hands on his hips loosely trying to seem like an old hand at this but when they started to move she clutched him tight burying her face into his back. She was scared beyond words and would not open her eyes or loosen her hold until she knew the bike had stopped moving for good.

It was such a thrill to have her ride with him. Brian was nervous but he didn't really showed it. Yes, he was riding for years now and it's something that is like breathing for him. He was nervous because of the girl holding onto him for dear life. He wants her to feel safe, to feel comfortable, and to feel secured. He doesn't want her to think that he is showing off. He wants to be of service to her. Yes, it may sound cliche but he wants to be her knight in shining armor.

She was so close to him. So close that if he is not wearing a jacket, he might actually feel her heart beating. He wants to look behind and see her face close to him but he won't risk compromising safety. He kept his eyes on the road and focused.

Two miles went by like a blur. He took of his helmet and pulled out his hat from his pocket. He gently grabbed her arm and assisted her.

He looked at her and said "I guess I already established that I am not a crazy person."

When she took his hand she did her best not to fall off of the bike. She clenched her skirt to her with the other hand and once her leg was over she let the soft cotton fabric fall against her bright pink legs. She tugged off the helmet shaking her hair around a bit to make it fall into place again but after she had to steady herself again with a hand on his arm. Once she was sure she could stand on her own she let him go smiling up at him for a minute, “Guess it would have been cooler if I kept my eyes open huh?”
She unzipped the front of the hoodie removing it and offering it to him, “Sorry I had washed it but it smells like my perfume all over again.” She looked over at the school building, “Shall we?”

Brian could feel the butterflies while Eve dismounted on his bike. She looked amazing. He won't deny the fact that she's a "10" especially with the attire that she has on today. He can't really look straight at her. It's pretty obvious that he is blushing at this point.

In response to Eve's question, Brian said "You didn't see a thing? Well, there is always a next time." He laughed a little and followed it up "Don't worry, I guess if we do this frequently, you'll get used to it faster. Who knows, we can be riding buddies in the near future." He looked down and try to hide the smile that appeared after he said those things.

He got the hoodie back and neatly folded it, stashing it into his bike's compartment. "It does smile like you Eve. I hope the scent also sticks to the bike. A reminder every morning I guess, Ummm, to pick you up that is." At this point, Brian knows that anything more could spell awkwardness in the air so he was lucky that Eve finally spoke up and asked him if they will now proceed to the building.

It was a nice walk with her. The usual looks and glances, the fresh breezy air caressing her hair. The pace was slow. No rush because they arrived early so there are a few more minutes to spare. As they entered the building, Brian said "About that letter yesterday, It seems that you're used into receiving those kind of stuff?"

Eve felt her face burn a little and she wasn’t sure if it was from his comment or from the wind when they rode. She was normally pretty dense but she was getting the picture in high definition now, he had a crush on her. She did not want to lead him on but as long as he kept his feelings to himself it would be ok. Or at least that was what Eve told herself. She normally avoided situations that would lead to anything more than friends but it was hard to say no to someone who didn’t fawn and nearly faint every time she was near them.

Eve rolled her eyes showing the rare grimace, “You never get used to having to tell the same person no every week for four years. I also never could get used to amateur poetry that calls me the sunlight in a bleak world. It is exactly the kind of thing my mother would have fallen for.” Faith immediately felt bad for her comments especially the one about her dead mother but it was obvious she was being honest, “Maybe we should head to first period. Also if you would not mind keeping that to yourself, I should have never shared someone else’s personal feelings.”

As Eve lead the way to the stair well she offered up another option for her to ride with him and get used to it more easily, “Are you busy after school today? Well after practice that is. I was thinking maybe I could ride a little more with you than just to my house. We could always go down the country roads, they are super pretty this time of year.”

"No not at all. I'm pretty used to long hours so it takes time for me to actually cool down. I live by myself so it tends to get boring if I just stay in my apartment." Said Brian to Eve. He also promised to her that whatever she shared with him this morning will not leak. Besides, it none of his business really.

It's true that Brian is falling for Eve. As for the amateur poetry comment, he'll spare Eve on that one. He's not really the type to write mushy poems or songs. He shows his feelings by actions than words. He probably inherited the protective instincts of his father. That is one thing that a lot of people like about him. It's his heart and caring personality.

Brian didn't really dug on the topic. As stated before, it's none of his business. All he wants right now is to gain her trust. That's all. For now.

He walked Eve to her classroom. He gave her that casual goodbye like yesterday and told her that he prepared something for her for lunch.

"See you later Eve."

She almost laughed at the thought that he had made her lunch but as the day went on and the classes drug on she found herself excited to have the day over and try her hand at being a passenger on the motorcycle again. That was something that her normal group of friends was ready and rearing to ask her about. Her closest female friend got to Faith while she waited for Brian and demanded an explanation for her being on the new kid’s motorcycle in a dress no less. Eve explained the best she could but when it came down to it the answer was that she had no idea what had gotten into her…
She hushed her friend when Ryan approached not wanting to give the wrong impression. She again lead the way to the table and the space was already marked as his. The routine was the same as the day before and she handed the sandwich back receiving a kiss on the cheek just like before. She did her best to seem normal given the accusations of her friend but no one else said much aside from saying how they had seen her that morning as she had passed them by. She was embarrassed and her lack of giggling and happy chatter made her friends silence them selves quickly.

Same place, same time, and same seatmate. The canteen was full of buzzing as usual but Brian doesn't seem to be bothered by it. I guess you just get used to it. It's pretty much the same as the shipyard, only there, it's like 100 decibels louder. Sitting beside Eve, he pulled out a bottle of lemonade and two plastic cups. "Home made, freshly squeezed." After that, he handed her a hoagie with salami and cheese. "Hope you like it. I have no Italian blood in me but the deli across the street makes the best Italian stuff you can ever imagine."

As usual, Brian ignored the other "advances" towards Eve. Again, he said to himself, "None of my business" Then again, deep inside him, the need to actually "defend" her is slowly manifesting. But on what grounds? Besides, he doesn't want Eve to get the wrong idea.

One thing that he noticed was despite the buzzing around them, Eve's friends seems to have that "tamed" aura on them today.

Eve smiled at Brian, “Awesome! Thank you!” Before she partook in the delightful food offered she stood going behind the football player who she always packed lunch for and dangled the rest of her lunch in front of him which he gladly accepted with a hoot. Eve rolled her eyes at him laughing and sat next to Brian her side gently brushing him when she did.
Eve first sipped the lemonade and grinned wider than she had done yet, “This is so good!” That was the last thing she could say without having to talk around a bite of a hoagie. Her friends gave Brian looks that made it very clear that they were grateful he broke her bad mood. They all knew sweets were like gold to Eve but the surprising reaction to the sandwich.
When the time came to leave she was ready to face the challenge of choir before retreating to the boy’s practice. Little did she know she would not be attending that day because the teacher wanted to go over some songs with her for a Christmas concert that one student was chosen to do every year for charity at a black tie event at the most ritzy hotel in the area. When Brian would come to get her he would be forced to enter to room in order to get her attention.

Brian was delighted at her reaction to his so called "gift" He was amused that despite the fact that her friends were kind of "off" today, Eve was still in good spirits. Obviously, Brian didn't arrive early enough to catch her bad mood episode.

As usual, time flew like a fighter jet on a nose dive and lunch was over. Everyone cleaned their tables and people started to retreat to their next classes. Brian didn't ask for it this time, he just stood up and walked Eve towards her choir practice. Same thing again, same "Goodbyes" same "See you later" Brian didn't really mind this. Words sometimes become routinary, that is understandable. The important thing for him is that he could sense that the two of them is now becoming more comfortable in each other's presence.

The time for practice has arrived and the all excited Brian suddenly became confused. On the spot where he saw her waiting for him yesterday is an empty space. "She probably have another class. She probably skipped that one yesterday." He said to himself.

"I'll just see her at practice then."

He went in the lockers and changed into his gear. Time flew and no sign Eve. Uneasiness followed.

Eve rushed out to the field and when she saw the guys had already finished and went to the showers she hurried to where his bike was parked relieved to still see it there. She sat side saddled reaching into her bag to grab out her compact and retouch her makeup and then sprayed herself with her body spray. The idea occurred to her as well that her skin might be too dry to handle the cold like it had earlier so she retrieved her lotion pulling her skirt up some to apply it quickly.
Running in heels had been a task but as she pulled up her sleeves and rubbed lotion on her arms she noticed her pulse was rapid even for that task. She hated the thought of disappointing anyone. She was sure that her face would need the lotion as well and rubbed the lotion in vigorously. She loved the smell of her fragrance and the matching lotion was a perk so that she could prolong the scent through the day, a thought that occurred to her while she waited for Brian to join her.

He was getting worried. He want all over the place to look for her. He can't possibly leave school without her. He just promised to give her a ride and he has to admit to himself that he just need to see her, even for no reason at all. Losing hope, he pulled out his cellphone and cursed at it. He slowly realized that he was the one to blame for not asking her number. Sometimes, small mistakes like that could mean all the difference.

He tried looking for her friends but he can't. He asked some people but they don't know who she is. Then his cellphone buzzed. It's a text message from Johnny. It says "Dude, it seems your date is waiting for you. I just passed her at the parking lot. lol. Hurry to your bike now!!!"

Even though he plays center, at that moment he sprinted towards the parking lot with speeds exceeding that of the team's wide receivers.

True to Johnny's text message, she was there sitting on his bike. It's a view worthy of a painting.

Eve had her eyes shut now her face being brushed by her hair as the wind blew it around, The moment only lasted a short time until she realized someone was watching her. When she turned to see Brian she smiled and waved at him, “Sorry I was so late! Miss Young kept me a super long time to practice for some charity thing I have been selected to do.” She slid off of the bike carefully yet still stumbling slightly because the bike was far too big for her to be on the front seat.
“Is it too late for us to go on that ride?” She bit her bottom cherry painted lip her uncertainty showing on her face. Her lipstick today was long last thankfully and when she released her smooth bottom lip no lipstick managed to get on her teeth. She nervously brought a hand up to her hair tucking the long thick strands behind her ear. The pink in it was starting to fade she noticed as another strand blew into her face and she decided to let is stay where it landed across her face after the fourth time of trying to fix it.

Brian was finally relieved of all those thoughts running through his head. He stood there in front of her. No time to catch his breath from all the running because the moment he saw her, he just froze in there with that smile on his face. Seeing her bite her lower lip and letting her delicate fingers dance with her uncooperative hair stunned him. He heard her explanation why she didn't show up after classes and at the practice but it took a couple of seconds for those to sink in. He was mesmerized by her. After gathering his thoughts, he was finally able to produce words.

"That's ok Eve, don't worry. The important thing is, Ummmm, you're safe." If only Eve knew the hassle he went through looking for her. He was standing still, his temple has hints of perspiration on it due to sudden sprint. His chest is moving in time of his now shallowing respiration. He needs to relax. He doesn't want to give her the wrong impression.

"I don't mind at all. Besides, I don't have a curfew." He laughed while looking at her. "May I?" As he gestured his hand to assist her in going up his bike.

Eve took in his appearance for a minute, “What do you mean safe?” Faith was used to people just knowing she was tough and not to cross her from the incident freshman year but as he looked at her his breath labored and sweat beading on his temple she for once was glad someone thought of her as delicate. Hot? Sure that was the norm for her but to treat her fragile was something she had never been given the luxury of in her whole life. “Brian…” She started what she was going to ask but stopped not wanting to seem vulnerable.
Eve took his hand and got onto the bike tucking her skirt all around her and ignored the dark glance of Chad as he got into his car which was parked not too far away. She knew that Chad had been begging her to go places with him for years but no one had ever actually taken charge and just did what they wanted to do. Brian had been the only one to show up uninvited and give her no option but to be in his presence. She knew she was treading dangerous waters and she prayed that her promise to her mother would hold but she knew the moment he sat in front of her and her arms wrapped around him again that it would be at least half broken because this time it was not out of fear but more out of desire to show him the same kindness his apparent worry had given her.

Brian recognized Chad's car and gave him a wave. He is oblivious to the fact that Chad just gave them a dark glance. "All safe and comfy?" He asked her as he brought the engine back to life. He alse lend her his hoodie because he knows that it's gonna get cold again. He looked back at her and after a few seconds, he knows that she's ready for the ride. With her arms around him, he let go of the clutch and the bike's wheels gently gripped the pavement.

What she said was true. The scenery was beautiful, add to that the sunset that accentuates the wide winding road that gently curves around the green landscape. The shifting altitudes also gave them various views of the beautiful scenery. It's only their second day together and so much has happened already. So much that he himself didn't expect that this kind of progress between two people could happen in such a short span of time.

He was at ease now. He knows that she is safe with him and he knows that he could protect her if the need arises. Feeling her arms around him and with her body so close to his made him think of the responsibilities that he is more than willing to take just for her. He never felt that with anyone before. Love was just a game back then. Now, it's something that he wants to take seriously. Unlike games, when you do something wrong, it's game over. He must be carefull. He doesn't want to make any mistakes. He doesn't wanna lose her. He just can't.

As they ride, the sky's color is gently shifting into a darker hue. He is not really taking note of the distance travelled but he is pretty sure that it's more than two miles.

king_bakal said:
Brian recognized Chad's car and gave him a wave. He is oblivious to the fact that Chad just gave them a dark glance. "All safe and comfy?" He asked her as he brought the engine back to life. He alse lend her his hoodie because he knows that it's gonna get cold again. He looked back at her and after a few seconds, he knows that she's ready for the ride. With her arms around him, he let go of the clutch and the bike's wheels gently gripped the pavement.

What she said was true. The scenery was beautiful, add to that the sunset that accentuates the wide winding road that gently curves around the green landscape. The shifting altitudes also gave them various views of the beautiful scenery. It's only their second day together and so much has happened already. So much that he himself didn't expect that this kind of progress between two people could happen in such a short span of time.

He was at ease now. He knows that she is safe with him and he knows that he could protect her if the need arises. Feeling her arms around him and with her body so close to his made him think of the responsibilities that he is more than willing to take just for her. He never felt that with anyone before. Love was just a game back then. Now, it's something that he wants to take seriously. Unlike games, when you do something wrong, it's game over. He must be carefull. He doesn't want to make any mistakes. He doesn't wanna lose her. He just can't.

As they ride, the sky's color is gently shifting into a darker hue. He is not really taking note of the distance travelled but he is pretty sure that it's more than two miles.

Eve knew that the looming darkness meant her father would be home soon and she needed to be home but her ability to communicate was hardly audible and she feared tugging and making him loose control so she just help on hoping that he would turn back soon.
She adored the view of the lights off in the distance but she also loved the view of the stars above. Her hands loosened a little as she tilted her head to look up. It was lovely and even as the cold wind made her shiver she was so excited to see the sky this way. It was like she was seeing magic happen right before her eyes and having pleasant enough company was good to have when witnessing such beauty.

Back
Top Bottom