Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Killer and The Victim (I_Am_Nobody x CyanideDisaster) (Completed)

RE: The Killer and The Victim (I_Am_Nobody x CyanideDisaster)

"I love you, Emile," he whispered, the words that had to be said, as he slipped out of the room. The final words, the only ones that really mattered, and there was nothing else he would rather have said. Sneaking out of the hospital was as easy as sneaking in had been, and soon enough he was nothing but a shadowy form walking down the street as the first of the morning shift arrived.

It was snowing. Somehow Joseph had known it would. The city that never slept was silent as Joseph watched it out of the motel room's window, the morning sun barely peeking over the horizon. Sunrise, a new dawn rising over the white purity of the snow. It seemed like he stared out at the silence for hours before he finally turned back into the room and sat down on the bed, slowly looking up to face the mirror hanging upon the wall.

"You stupid fuck," Heller snarled from behind the glass, his eyes wild as he stared at the bane of his existence. "It's actually pretty funny," he laughed, glancing down at the gun in Joseph's hands. "You think you can do it? After that tearful bullshit you're really gonna look yourself in the eyes and kill yourself? Run back to your bitch, little boy, run back to her sweet tears. She'll be so happy to see you, so pleased that you'd rather come back to her arms. You're really going to sit here and make her cry?"

"Shut up," Joseph said quietly, the gun's hammer clicking as he slid it back. "I've listened to you for too long. No more words." He lifted his head to stare at his brother, and the madman jerked back in surprise; for an instant, the brothers had looked exactly alike.

"I told you what would happen if you hurt her."[/b] The gun rose. "I told you I would kill you again."

It was around noon before the news broke on the local stations, and it was impossible for anyone to avoid hearing it. The Bogeyman was dead in a locked hotel room, the bullet that had taken his life found amidst the room's shattered mirror. The theories and wild speculation continued through the night, but at last there was no way to avoid the suicidal conclusion. The nightmare was over, the story concluded, the final answer given to all those who had lost their loved ones at his hands.

And so the snow fell, and began to cleanse the world and its memories.

RE: The Killer and The Victim (I_Am_Nobody x CyanideDisaster)

The snow cleansed the waking world of Heller and his deeds, but it only touched those who could still venture outside.

Untrue to her word, Emile couldn't leave the hospital. She tried with everything she had to speak words to the softly spoken nurses and doctors who came and waited on her every day. She really did. But in the end she realized with his death came her own end. They soon realized Emile had begun to lose all feeling in the tips of her left hand, the side which she had been wounded on, quickly they also noticed that the arm had suffered much nerve damage that was only getting worse with time. She lost that arm within a year.

The snow melted and fell again and the Bogeyman became a whisper to children to eat their dinners, something casually discussed between partners or friends, a heated topic at forensics schools. But once more not to Emile. She retained the same room in the ward, one arm missing, lips glued shut. She wasn't even sure she remembered her own voice. A snort fell out into the silence of her room, her friends had stopped visiting, stopped trying to coax her to speak. Her doctors only came to give her medications and speak to her about therapy choices. 'He got what he wanted then. Blind, mute and only able to feel with half my body. I should fight back, I should try.' These thoughts were fleeting though, like the snow flakes falling down from the November sky.

Another year passed, and another. Then finally after the last night shift passed, Emile slipped from her room. She didn't think about her actions, merely did them. The other residents heard the noise that night, and turned to their windows. From her 12th story room, she fell.

Then the Bogeyman could haunt her no more.

Back
Top Bottom