Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Killer and The Victim (I_Am_Nobody x CyanideDisaster) (Completed)

RE: The Killer and The Victim (I_Am_Nobody x CyanideDisaster)

Emile let out another horse cry as his nails bit into her tender flesh of her body, a hissed wince on her face. She let out a scream though, when he bit her shoulder, her back arching from the pleasure of his erection pressing against her walls and from the pain of his teeth digging into her. When he let her go she whimpered softly, feeling the warmth of her blood swelling up through her pale skin. Little droplets moved over the pale flesh to drip onto her sheets. She breathed hard against his ear as he whispered to her, forcing back the tears that threatened to come to the surface. She was about to ask him to ease up but his nails beat her to the punch. A little scream came from her, her body still rocking up against his, the heels of her feet digging into his back.

Suddenly, she couldn't pant anymore. Fear racked her little body as he rocked back from each thrust. Now the tears did come. She opened her mouth, mouthing the words 'please, please stop...' Emile was not one to be called a prude, but she also enjoyed breathing. Actually, Emile had a very intense fear of not being able to breathe. When she realized he wasn't going to let her go, the woman began to buck in a different sense. Her head flicked from side to side, trying to dislodge his hands from around her throat. Her lungs working over-time to try and get air. Emile began to dig her heels into his back, looking for the unmistakable feel of a spine. When she did find the bone, she began to dig her heels in harder, kicking down even as her strength began to fail. Her face was turning pink from the lack of oxygen, her mouth still begging him to release her.

Emile continued to struggle against her bonds, her wrists were, by that point, red and bruised. Parts of her wrists had been broken open, small trails of blood going down her elevated arms. "...ple...se..." She had managed.

No. Kill her, break her, burn the flesh and break the bones, taste the blood the red blood, I said no. We had a deal. Feel her squirm, watch her die, see the terror in her eyes as she breathes her last and learns of the madness hiding between the cracks of this world. Heller's face spread wide in ghoulish desire as she quietly begged, gasping out her final cries. Her motions were desperate, kicking and gasping. His desire exploded as his grip tightened and he drove himself deeper inside her, his seed filling her cunt as her breaths became the shallow gasps before death-

Suddenly his body flung back as though he'd been struck, his hands torn away from her throat. "NO!" It was the only word he managed to say before he threw himself back, easily breaking out of her legs and collapsing upon the floor. The man snarled in anger as he clutched his head, frantically whispering as the demon in his soul screamed for release. "Get off of her, I won't let you, I will kill you if you hurt her you filthy son of a bitch I will-" the words ended in a shout of rage. There was silence for a moment, until slowly he manged to stagger up to his feet. Clothes rustled as he dug through his pockets, his steps slow and halting as he moved beside the bed. The cold steel of a key was pressed into Emile's hands. "I-Fuck!" he suddenly snarled, a hand clamped over her mouth. It was there for only a moment before he jerked back with a growl. "Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck!" she could hear him shout as he stumbled out into the hallway, his words muffled by the slamming of a door.

Joseph was gasping when he slammed the bathroom door shut behind him, quickly turning the lock; now she couldn't get in, now he couldn't get out.

"I had her you god damned son of a whore." Slowly Joseph turned, unsurprised to see the hateful face glaring at him from the mirror. "Couldn't give me five fucking minutes, could you? We had a deal and she was mine-"

"No," Joseph snarled, slamming his hands upon the counter. "Dennis was yours. She was mine. You have no idea what you almost did."

"I know that she's not yours anymore," Heller laughed, his eyes gleaming with anticipation. "Not after that little display. You think she'll ever trust you again? You think she'll keep quiet now?" He was laughing.

"I don't care. I will kill you myself before I let you take her."

"Better do it fast then," Heller chuckled, his arm rising. Joseph couldn't remember taking his gun from its holster, but there it was in his brother's hand. "Because now she might as well know everything. And I will kill you myself before I let her put us in jail."

Emile no longer even understood they were having sex, her body was too focused on survival. When his hands were ripped away from her throat, his body flying from her's like he's been pushed she fell to her bed. Blind eyes closed as her chest rose and fell sporadically. Angry red marks seared her throat, chest, sides and thighs. Bruises already had behind to appear on the same body parts from merely his weight atop her. Whimpering, the girl let herself breathe, her mind not quite able to take in what he was screaming at himself, everything sounded as if she were underwater. Though vaguely she could hear Sparky's hesitant barking from downstairs. She was finally resurfacing when she felt the cool metal on her damaged hands, wincing away from his touch, she listened as he left the room.

Quickly after the door had slammed, she began to fish for the keyhole. It took her moments to find it, Heller and Joseph's angry words merely noise as she finally got out of the restraints. She rubbed her wrists as she tried to sit up. Her slim body felt weak, her head hung. But she couldn't stop there. There was something strange afoot. Stumbling to her feet, the woman lost her balance from her wobbling knees. In instinct the woman grabbed the sheets from the bed, yanking them to cover her weak nude body as she moved across the room. As she was blind, Emile couldn't see the stains of blood on them. Her shoulder still bled from his angry bite, staining it.

Stumbling Emile followed the noises of his anger. She fell against the bathroom door, her small bloodied hand on the knob. She turned it unsuccessfully, her heart was still pounding hard in her chest though it was starting to calm slightly. Allowing her to feel the other sensations of her body. Like the deep throbbing between her thighs and the matching sticky feeling, each and every scratch on her body and the resonating feel of his hands across her throat.

"J-joseph?" She squeaked through the bathroom door, her voice was as weak as the rest of her body. Emile had no idea why she wasn't running for her life-- he had tried to kill her! But the way things had happened... she blinked her unfocused eyes in confusion. She required an explanation.

Her hands came up to touch her throat as she stared blankly at the door. "Whats...going.. on in there?" Her voice held fear still, as she was not the most brave of women. "What..? Are you..?" She didn't know what to ask, or how to ask. She was worried about him, oddly enough, her own pains and aches were already at the back of her mind. Women were strange like that. Finally clearing her throat again, she knocked against the door as she slid to the ground, pooled in the sheets. "Are you okay?"

Emile placed a hand against the door, wishing she could see him, see what confusing her, but was as clear as day to everyone else.

Their eyes moved in unison, the doorknob shaking slightly as someone tried to open it. She was speaking, her small voice barely audible through the door. Why was she still here? She should be running, calling the police, trying to escape from the madman locked in here. But while there was fear in her words, there was something else as well. Surely it couldn't be worry? Heller's voice suddenly cut through the distraction, speaking quietly now that there was a risk of being overheard. "Should have left her on the bed. Now I'll have to chase her," he said, the words disappointed but the voice almost eager for the hunt. "But maybe I won't have to now. The moment you open the door she'll run, probably fall down the stairs and break her neck. No mess."

"You're not listening," Joseph whispered, staring at the monster inside him down the barrel of a gun. "You never listen, but now I'm going to make you. You are not going to hurt her. You are not going to kill her. You-"

"You need to pull your head out of your ass and face facts. It doesn't matter what you think, because she's terrified of you now. And there is nothing you can do that will ever change that."

"She'll-"

"Shut up you goddamned cunt. You're a weak pathetic moron, you're only alive because I found it easier to stay quiet then deal with your bullshit. But that's over now. You can't hide me from her anymore."

"Shut Up!" Joseph screamed, his hands shaking. "You're right," he whispered. "It is over." His hand tightened upon the gun.

Heller laughed slightly. "You can't do it. And even if you could, it won't matter. I'll be back for you, and for her."

"Then I'll just kill you again."

The gunshot was impossibly loud inside the tiny room, Heller's face shattering into a million shards as the mirror collapsed, broken glass filling the sink and covering the floor. The gun dropped from Joseph's suddenly nerveless fingers, his hands falling to the counter to steady himself. Was he...Had he...No. No, he could still feel him. But he was quiet now, and would be for a while. Would it be long enough? It was several long moments before he remembered just where he was, just what had been happening. "Shit," he whispered, but the anger was gone now, there was only sadness in his voice. Slowly he rose his head, turned towards the door. He moved carefully; he avoided the worst of the glass, but was already bleeding from a few unnoticed cuts on his hands and chest. Carefully he unlocked the door, opening it just enough to glance outside. "Emile?"

Emile's worry only grew when his voice dropped. Was he calling Kinsman? Telling him about what kind of person she was? About what she had done with a police officer in the bed of her late husband? Her face paled and her heart sank. She would go to jail, no jury would let her go free in this town. She'd be exiled even if she was acquitted. A worried whimper left her damaged throat, her hands moving up to wrap around it, gently touching the burning marks here his hands had been. She let the rest of the tears she had held back when she thought she was going to die, fall. They were cool against her still flushed skin, salty when they grazed her puffy lips, and they stung against the open wound on her shoulder.

The gunshot went off and Emile nearly jumped out of her skin. She was on her feet and she didn't know how, the sheet hanging off her body as she pounded her small fists against the door in hysteria. "Joseph?! Joseph!" She screamed at the door, voice cracking. The door opened outwards into the hall, catching Emile off balance as she pounded on it. With a yelp she fell on her rear, glancing around like a young frightened animal would. "J-joseph?" She stuttered.

She curled up in the hall... and now what? Was she supposed to ask for an explanation? Apologize for doing something to set him off even though she didn't know what it was? Instead, the woman fell in on herself like she did so often since her life shattered like that mirror. "W-what di-did I do wrong?" Her voice was little, just as her body seemed under the pooling amounts of white sheets. Her hair was messy, twisted and curled over her shoulders in possibly the most picture-perfect 'sex head'. "I... I'm sorry." She added, hands moving up to the burning around her throat as she faintly heard Sparky climb the first few steps, a warning growl coming from his throat.

'Why are you apologizing?' Her mind yelled at her, 'He attacked us' Emile mentally shrugged, not really knowing the truth.

Joseph gasped in slight surprise when he saw Emile fall; he simply hadn't processed the fact that she was right outside, banging on the door while he fought the darkness. When she spoke the surprise turned into complete confusion, his weary mind unable to understand what she was saying, why she was apologizing. The trance of incomprehension might have lasted forever had Sparky not suddenly appeared on the landing, growling loudly when he what was happening. With an angry snarl he darted forward, standing between Joseph and Emile as he growled deeply. Never mind that the man was a cop; the woman he was here to protect was in trouble, and right now Joseph was nothing but a man with a gun. Slowly Joseph looked down at himself, at the gun still faintly smoking in his hand, blood starting to flow from the cuts upon his naked body with his cock still obscenely glistening with Emile's and his fluids. He looked at Emile, cowering under the bloodied sheets like a little girl, terrified and not knowing why. "Oh, Jesus," Joseph slowly whispered, dropping the gun. It made a loud clatter as it struck the floor, Sparky's growling stopping after a moment. Emile could soon feel his nose sniffing her worriedly, whining when he smelt the blood and tears.

"Jesus," Joseph said again, slowly realizing what was happening. "Jesus, Emile, no, it's not your fault," he tried to explain. He wanted to get down on his knees with her, take her into his arms and tell her everything was alright, but surely his touch was the last thing she wanted right now. As it was he stumbled back a step, sliding down the door frame until he was on the floor across from her. "I never wanted to hurt you, never meant to...Jesus," he whispered again. What the fuck was he supposed to say? What could he say? I'm sorry I nearly killed you Emile, my evil twin who's actually me was pissed off that I was still here trying to hide the fact that your fiance was a pedophilic monster, which is why I murdered him? And Heller had made the attempt now, had said he would try again. If Heller was anything, he was a man of his word.

In the end, there was really only one way this could end. "I'm sorry..." he told her quietly, swallowing hard before he continued. "You...you should probably go call the police."

The sound of something clattering to the floor made Emile jump again, her body was shivering. Was she cold to the touch? Not precisely. But she wrapped her sheet around her even more tightly, as if she were. Another wince as Sparky's noise prodded her knee, she was as skittish as a shot-at doe. "Then why did it happen?" She asked, keeping her dead gaze on her floor, feeling safer not making accidental eye-contact with Joseph. Emile was never a 'submissive' woman, but the near-death experience truly had shaken her in a way she promised herself would never happen. "Then why did you?" She repeated, voice hoarse as she leaned into her words.

Her body language shifted from scared to concerned. Had it not been for her better sense of smell, she would have never noticed. "You're bleeding," Emile states from her side of the hall as he fall down against the floor. She blinks her eyes hard, straightens her shoulders, and starts to shift towards him. If one were to ask her why, she'd have no answer. Emile reached out a little hand from her sheet fortress towards him, soft finger tips still covered in her own blood from her shoulder touched his chest gently. "Why are you bleeding? Did you shoot yourself?"

Her head snapped up as he spoke next, "But you are the police. I don't... I can't trust anyone else at that station. I mean... they don't want to help me. They just want their face in a picture next to mine for the publicity." She swallowed the lump in her throat, rubbing her slick thighs together in an unconscious act. "I... I don't know who to trust." She mutters softly under her breath as she feels Sparky come between her and Joseph. His warm body pushing her hands back from his chest. On her side of him, there was a patch of fur matted with her crimson fluids.

Joseph was silent as Emile spoke, unconsciously flinching away from her searching fingers but not before she had gently felt the thin trail of blood leading up to the small shard of glass sticking in his chest.. He wasn't ready to accept tenderness from her yet, didn't feel like he had the right to any of her sympathy or worry. Every question she asked made him sink slightly deeper into himself. She needed to know what had happened, deserved to know, because if she didn't the questions would probably haunt her for months or years. But he couldn't tell her what he was, not without throwing away everything he had tried to accomplish. "I'm fine," he murmured, trying to delay the inevitable. "It was the mirror. It...broke," he finished lamely, the truth of what he had done painfully obvious.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he tried to come up with something to say. Joseph had never expected to admit anything like this, and actually starting was far harder then he had dreamed possible. "Sometimes," he finally began, speaking quietly. "I have...problems controlling what I do. When I get angry. When I get...excited." He fell silent, trying to make himself continue. "I...I thought that I could control him," he said, not noticing the slip. "Thought I was safe...I wasn't. I'm sorry Emile, I'm so, so sorry for what happened, for everything. And I'm sorry to put you through this but...you really need to call the police," he forced himself to say. "It's not safe anymore. If they don't come take me, I'll have to try and turn myself in. And I know that if I have to do that, I'll run." Heller would make him run, or he would make him die. "I'll tell them you knew nothing, tell them whatever they need to hear to leave you alone. I won't be able to protect you anymore, not the way I should have from the start. But I'll do what I can."

"I'll clean that up in a bit..." Emile speaks softly about her mirror. Wondering how exactly she would do that. Stepping on glass was very unfortunate while being blind. Pulling shards of glass from one's foot when you cannot see the shard itself. She winced preemptively, knowing she would indeed step on it.

She grimaced slightly, leaning over to reach a hand towards her bathroom floor. A shard of glass touched her finger and she nodded, pulling it back and settling back into her sheets. It was rare when Emile had to concentrate to listen, but then she did, cocking her head to hear his words better. She swallowed hard as he spoke, catching his slip. "Him?" She squeaked, hands coming to her throat-- automatically thinking the second him may attack her. She made another face-- one of disappointment. "Bu-but... what about what the police will think of me when they get here? I mean I... I slept with you..."

Emile proved this point by bringing up a hand from her crotch, sticky with their fluids. "Why would they believe me? My fiance is killed and I'm the only 'witness', then the police officer in charge of my care is caught naked with me... as I call the police on him for what-- attacking me? They'd think I was crazy." Her hands dropped to her lap, slapping her thighs. She sniffled out of frustration and being unable to act. "I... believe that you didn't mean to hurt me. I... I do trust you Joseph." She says hesitantly.

"No, don't, I'll-" Joseph started automatically, his words failing when he realized what he was saying. There they were in what was possibly the direst situation of his life and probably one of the worst moments of hers, and they were calmly discussing the logistics of cleaning up a broken mirror with a nine millimeter slug in it. "I'll deal with it," he finally murmured, knowing that he probably would never get the chance and feeling all the worse for it.

He was silent for a long time after she spoke, trying to decide how much more to tell her. Every word he spoke revealed more he had tried to hide, and if he revealed any more then it would only hurt her even more. And yet, he needed to tell her. If she didn't know what he was, she couldn't possibly keep herself safe from him. "Yes," he finally said. "Him...Heller." He groaned slightly, burying his face in his hands as he slowly realized the truth of what she was saying. The police wouldn't come, or if they did they wouldn't send him where he needed to go, and he only had so much time before Heller won his way back. "Tell them...I don't know, don't mention the sex, just tell them anything. I raped you. I stole the drugs Sparky found and hid the evidence, or the drugs were evidence and I threw them away. That I broke in and tried to kill you. I'll be dressed by the time they get here and then...then I'll just convince them that it's true."

Silence, Joseph moving slightly as he reached out a hand towards her, stopping just short of actually touching her skin. "I'm sorry, Emile," he whispered again. "I wish I could make this better, that I could make all of this go away. I wish I could tell you that I'll take care of everything, that you can trust me." His hand fell to the floor. "But I can't. I can't even trust myself, not anymore. I would never hurt you, but he would. And..." Tears started to well up in his eyes, years of turning a blind eye and trying to ignore the suffering starting to make themselves known, before he angrily forced them back. "I don't know how much longer I can stop him."

She blindly stared at his voice, she wanted to protest, she wanted to try and ignore what had happened and merely be the good hostess. That wold no be the case. Emile's shoulder's tightened at the sound of his name.. being said as a second entity. 'So.. multiple personalities?' Her mind attempted to rationalize, though it all was slipping through her mind too quickly. "I hate lying..." She muttered softly, mostly to herself. She closed her eyes tight as she tried to think of a good plan. "I don't want you to go to jail either." She added softly, before her head snapped up. "Wait. But they know about the drugs, don't they? You had them processed, why would they believe me if I said you stole them?" Her face twisted into mild confusion as she talked, and once more this evening she wished she could see his face. See what he was thinking the way he could her.

Emile jerked her body as a reaction to her questions, causing his hand touch her skin. She jumped once more as his skin brushed her's. He was still warm like she remembered him, her own skin pale from sitting half-exposed in her hallway. Emile's face fell as he spoke, tears of sympathy welling in her eyes as she scooted closer to him from her side of the hall. His voice was just so sincere. She picked up the hand he dropped in her still trembling ones. "But you wouldn't hurt me... I know you wouldn't. I don't want to hurt you either Joseph," Emile admitted, running her thumb across his hand in a motion she remembered as comforting-- why she was comforting the man who tried to kill her and was blaming another personality she'd never know. "Why... why can't you control him anymore?" She asked timidly, still holding his hand. "If he's in your body, can't you just force him down? Or try some of those anger-management things? I really... really don't want to call the police on your Joseph...

"I did deserve this,"
Emile whispered, her free hand touching her throat. She swallowed down the lump beginning to form there. "I... I drank too much and tried to seduce a police officer, I deserved this as... punishment. Plus, we all know Kinsman would not be gentle with you and he... he doesn't deserve to get that privilege."

This wasn't working; he could see the confusion in her face, hear it in her voice. Every time he tried to explain he just created more questions for her, and if he answered those questions then the lies he had spent a month protecting would shatter. He couldn't even explain why they would believe he had stolen the briefcase, not without being asked why he had hidden it in the first place. "Please, don't ask me that Emile," he said softly, trying to keep his voice calm and not doing a particularly good job. "I'm begging you, don't make me explain this any further." His voice was trembling, the words coming slowly as he tried to force them out. "If you don't want to lie, then just tell them the truth, that I tried to kill you. They'll still come, they'll have to, and then I'll be able to make sure that they take me away. You're not...not sending me to jail you're...locking up a dangerous animal. The longer he stays free, the more people he'll hurt, please just..." it was so strange to say after what he'd already said, but there was no other way to put it. "If you trust me at all, please trust me when I say that it's the safest thing for you."

He laughed sadly as Emile took his hand, shaking his head a little as she tried to comfort him. "I would never hurt you. But he would, for no other reason then because he could. And..." he paused, realizing the truth of his words even as he spoke them. "He's stronger than me. When I thought I was controlling him, keeping him buried inside me, he was just staying quiet, waiting for me to slip." Joseph's entire body shuddered then, a wave of fear passing through him. "He's quiet now, I think I might have scared him when I shot the mirror," he explained, not quite aware how meaningless his words were to anyone who hadn't witnessed the battle between them. "But he'll be back, and I can't be sure I'll be able to stop him."

"No!" Joseph said loudly, almost sounding like Heller in the vehemence of his denial. He reached out and took the hand from her throat, holding it tightly as he spoke. "Nothing about this is your fault," he said firmly, staring into her eyes as though mere effort would pierce the veil that enshrouded her world. "You never deserved this, never deserved anything that he did to you. It's my fault, all of it. If I hadn't let him take control, if I hadn't tried to atone for my mistakes, if I hadn't..." he fell silent. One more word would have been one word too many. "You did nothing wrong. Never."

Emile nodded quickly to his request, snapping her lips shut from further questions. Her mind berated her for giving up so easily, she deserved answers for what he did to her! Some of these marks would never go away. Her mind floated over to her shoulder, the once stinging pain now only a dull throb at the back of her mind, like the remnants of a hangover. Once again she nodded swiftly, her hand loosely laying across his as she listened. "I'll... I'll do it," Emile said in a soft voice, hesitant yet still sure. She kept her word and did not ask anymore questions about his inner wars. It was not her business. She ran her fingers through her hair, trying to calm her nerves as she tried to think of exactly what she'd say to the police officers over the phone.

Though her concentration was shattered when he yelled, her body tensing and her eyes shutting and waiting for his hands to take their place around her thin throat. But instead his shaky hands took her own and she relaxed slightly. Numbly nodding along to his words. "But it still happened. Here. To me. You can't be the only one to blame. The world doesn't work that way Joseph," she replied softly, twisting her hand to pat his. She offered a weak smile up at him, before she sighed and began to gather herself to her feet.

"We should get dressed. I'd rather they... didn't know we... had sex." Emile managed to say this in a rather professional voice, only the mildest of quiver at the end. She shivered slightly as she moved back into the old mater bedroom-- now with new memories to haunt her dreams. She quickly found her own pants, easily distinguishable from his by their silky material. She slipped both them and her panties back on in a swift motion, wrapping the sheet around her chest. Emile then waddled down her stairs, careful not to slip on the edges, and pulled her old tops back on, and retrieving her cellphone. Cautiously, she dialed 911.

'9.1.1. What's your emergency?'

"I was just attacked in my home by a police officer, I need help," Emile began to weave the lies together. Detailing how she had locked herself in the bathroom once she had gotten him off of her.. and proceeded to do just that.

Joseph waited until she was gone before he began to pick the shards of glass from his chest and feet, tossing them into the bathroom. A towel hanging from the rack made a makeshift broom as he swept the glass into a single corner; sadly there wasn't time to do much else. He could hear her speaking on the phone by the time he returned to the bedroom to redress, and could almost imagine the other end of that call: the promise to send more cops, the surprise when the dispatcher heard the address, the inevitable "Aren't you the-" They passed wordlessly on the stairs, and he could hear her entering the bathroom and locking the door behind her. Good. She would be safe there. Safer. Quietly he put his shirt back on, pausing as he reached for his badge. A drop of blood fell from his hand, staining the pristine silver. He really had liked his job. He picked up the badge and set it in the little tray beside the couch, right next to her engagement ring, as the first of the sirens could be heard outside. Time to finish the job.

Joseph burst out of the front door as the patrol car pulled up the driveway, his gun leveled at the approaching car. He couldn't see their faces in the dark, which made it easier to put two bullets into the front of the car. "Back the fuck off!" he shouted between shots, "I said-" Joseph screamed as his shoulder became an inferno of pain, collapsing against the front door as his gun fell forgotten to the ground. Dimly he was aware of shouting, until he was aware of nothing at all.

I warned you. This isn't over. Because I will get out of this one way or another. And then I'll make you suffer. I'll start with the blind cunt, ripping away every other sense until the only thin she'll ever know again is pain. Then the police station, where your oh so noble brothers in arms will have their worlds destroyed by flame. Then, you've forced me to run so I will, but I'll leave behind more bodies then you can count. Women, children, entire families with their minds shattered by each others pain before I finally end them. And then, when they catch me, I will die happy as I rejoice in your suffering.

The rest of Emile's night was spent in protective police custody, brought to a hotel while they finally exercised their brand new excuse to search her house from top to bottom. Kohr had been very good at hiding things, but under the relentless search of the city's finest, he would eventually prove to be not good enough. In the morning, and having been told nothing, Emile once more found herself being taken down to the station and left to wait into an interrogation room, until the Lieutenant's hateful voice could be heard. "A very interesting case," he murmured, some papers being shuffled before he spoke again. "Last night, you call 911 claiming that Heller broke in and attacked you, something that your wounds and the bloody bedsheet we found seem to support," he began. "When officers arrive, Heller came out and opened fire, but both officers seem to agree that he was deliberately shooting harmlessly at their car instead of at them. Heller was brought down with a round to the shoulder. While in the ambulance, he briefly woke up, grabbed a loose scalpel and attempted to kill one of the EMTs, very nearly succeeding before he was put down. Then in the hospital, he said he would confess everything on the condition that you never found out. The doctor agreed, and Heller had a seizure before he could say any more. He's currently strapped down to a bed under surveillance."

There was silence for a few moments. "So. Connect the dots for me."

Emile was horrified at all the noise. Even locked in the bathroom, her toes being dug into by the small shards of glass, her hands over her ears she could still hear the shouting and the shots. It was too late at this point to turn back, she'd done what he'd asked and now felt horrible. The urge to smack her forehead against her porcelain sink was almost overwhelming. Instead she strained not to hear the violent shouts outside of her home-- no. Her house. No longer could this place be a home. Her fiance had built this home for her, bought every item in it to make her more comfortable-- and she ruined it all by attempting to sleep with the police officer who was supposed to protect her. Just like the old women at her mother's church said; she was a devil child and was going to hell. Her slowly spiraling thoughts were broken by the scratching at the door. Sparky whined low for her, begging for her to let him in. And she almost did, but the shards of glass poked at her delicate skin, and she left him outside.

Things quieted down while Emile sat in her bathroom, only accompanied by the scratches and whines of her pet. "Sparky!" Cried a familiar voice; Morric. Emile would cry with joy if she wasn't so scared. She unlocked the door for him and listened to his mutters as he helped her up, picking glass from her toes and helping her down the stairs. The rest of the night was even more blurry than the average day for the blind girl. All the sounds were muffled and far away, when people touched her she'd flinch away or barely feel it at all. Like ghost fingers-- like Dennis's fingers. Before she had left her house though, Emile pocketed both her ring and the metal badge that laid next to it. She ran her thumb over the face of it all night, her ring sitting in her other pocket, the diamond digging into her thigh.

Her eyes were blank, her face was pale, her lips were dry and her hands were shaky. Emile licked her lips as she listened to his words, head down. She had yet to shower from the night before, her hair was straggly and hanging loosely down her back. She looked as bad as she felt. "What do you want me to say, Officer?" She asked blandly, her voice hoarse from a night of repeating the same words over and over. "I was dropped off at my home with Sparky," she patted the dog's head, which was laid on her lap. The dog had refused to leave her side since they got back into the station. "Heller helped me with his food and his water. Heller left." His name burned her tongue. "I opened a left over bottle of wine and tried to relax a little while listening to the television. I changed and he came back. He... attacked me." Emile shuddered, not needing to fake the reaction. "I fought back. He got me upstairs and..." The woman touched her throat, and shook her head. "He tried to shoot me as I tried to get down the stairs, he missed and hit the mirror in the bathroom. I fled and locked the door. I called 9.1.1. on my cellphone."

Emile kept her head down as she spoke. "After that I don't know what happened. I heard the yelling and the gun shots," a small shrug left her tiny form, "I have no idea why he wouldn't have shot at the police officers. If you haven't noticed already, I'm blind." She nearly spat.

Kinsman was silent for a few moments, the faint scratching of a pencil upon paper briefly filling the small room. At last he set the pencil down, his chair scraping across the stone floor as he pushed it back and stood up from his seat. "So Heller showed up, for no reason, tried to kill you, and you managed to escape long enough to call the police. Does that sound about right?" he asked, not waiting for her answer before he continued. "Then let's take a look at a few details that suggest something else occurred. Two wine glasses found on the coffee table downstairs. No sign of a struggle downstairs, save for a few disheveled cushions upon the couch. The gunshot residue found on what was left of the mirror meaning that the round was fired at point blank range. And the fact that we found much more then blood on the bedsheets of the master bedroom."

A few footsteps, and then Kinsman was behind her. He bent down to speak quietly directly into her ear. "I know you're lying to me, and I even have a pretty good idea why. I don't know what Heller was planning to confess, but we'll find out eventually. And with what you're covering up, it'll be child's play to have you sent away as an accomplice. Oh you can claim you don't know what he was up to, but after that nasty business with your fiance I don't think anyone will believe a word of it." Sparky began to growl up at the Lieutenant, the snarling fading slightly when he moved back to his side of the table. "You've been coddled, Miss Burns. Kept safe and not bothered because you were all we had. That's over. From now on, the only way you will get any peace whatsoever is if you tell us what we need to know. Starting with everything that happened last night."

Emile rolled her useless eyes as he spoke, her hands placed over her face. The woman pursed her lips slightly when he mentioned things that were very true, and very incriminating, but responded with nothing. Thousands of insults came to mind for the lieutenant, nasty things she wanted to call him for not being dumb and just accepting that she was obviously a victim-- and the fact he still believed she was responsible for Dennis's death nearly made her fly off that handle and at his face. Instead the woman gently squeezed her hands together while she counted mentally to ten. When his voice grew to close to her, the woman ducked her head away, swiveling to 'face' him. Her mouth remained shut as she blindly eyed him down.

Plastering the most gentle smile onto her face, the woman pulled her cheeks up wide as she gave him a grin. "I would like my lawyer to be present. And I will not speak again until he is here." And she kept to her word. Closing her eyes and smiling widely, secretly grinding her teeth in worry and panic.

It was not long until Gary was at the station-- he had heard news of her detainment and figured she'd call him sooner or later. Things were not looking so good for the young lady. He entered the room the way he always did, huffing and puffing like he'd just run a mile. Gary smelled of aftershave and fast food grease, and part of it was comforting as he took his seat next to the slim woman in the seat provided, his weight caused the chair to groan slightly. "So! Lieutenant Kinsman, here we are again."

"Splendid," Kinsman said with a smile as he stood up from the table, gathering up some papers and watching Gary, his eyes glaring at the portly lawyer with enough venom to strike him dead on the spot. "I'm sure Miss Burns will be very appreciative of your expertise in the legal arena. You can begin with explaining to her what will happen after she's arrested and convicted for lying to the police and impeding the only important investigation we've had in this area for years. Then you could move on to the accomplice charges when we find the evidence, and I highly suspect we will, that proves she was working with Heller in whatever crimes he's gotten himself involved with. I'm afraid fucking a witness," he continued, the crude accusation spoken with the same faux politeness as the rest of his threats, "is the least of his worries after three counts of attempted murder.

"And of course the legal issues are only the beginning once the press learns of what's happened. The details have been suppressed so far, but there were enough witnesses to the shooting that the media blackout can't last forever. Which means that it really doesn't matter what the courts say, does it Miss Burns? If you thought they were annoying before, I suspect you have only seen the beginning of the lengths they will go to once they learn that the Bogeygirl has been involved in another series of horrible crimes."
Kinsman was silent for a moment, letting his words sink in. "I'll leave you two alone for a moment," he finished, and Emile could almost see the filthy, self-satisfied smile creeping across his face as the door closed behind him.

There was silence for several moments before Gary spoke. "I...what?" he asked, incredulous for a moment before he managed to compose himself. "Emile, you need to tell me what happened, everything that happened. That bastard's a smug jackass, but if he actually has evidence to support these wild claims...I need to know the truth."

Emile didn't breath as he spoke, her face warmed from the lack of oxygen, but she kept her lips sealed and her face straight. How she did it she would never quite know. The dog in her lap whimpered as Kinsman spoke, noticing her tense muscles and straightened shoulders. Finally, after the door shut she let out the long huff of air, her body visibly draining. She could feel Gary's eyes on her, and the air surrounding him felt judging, but confused. "I have not lied to the police once, nor have I impeded any investigation." She ground out. Which was indeed true, sure she had... left out certain details but the basics were the same. The night Heller did come back to her home, and he did indeed attack her and force her to lock herself in the bathroom. Those facts were indeed correct. But still she felt her hands trembling slightly. She couldn't go to jail, she'd rather die first, mostly for crimes she did not commit.

"I... I... I may have left out that I called him earlier that day. Sparky, the drug dog, found something in my home. It was a briefcase... and well.. it had drugs in it. A lot of them. I called Heller because I didn't know what to do, and he told me he would take care of it," her voice trembled slightly, she couldn't lie to Gary... he was the only person who could protect her now. "And... and... we did... sort of... engage in sexual activities... but.. that I take full blame for. I was quite... intoxicated... and lonely." Emile wanted to smack her forehead off of a wall for being so dumb. "It was... during then when he attacked me. And I do-don't know why." Oddly enough, the woman found tears coming from her eyes after she had hiccuped. Tears she was not sure why were being shed.

"I don't wanna go to jail. I didn't do anything wrong." She muttered in a little voice, fingers moving over Sparky's ears in a soothing motion.

Gary was flabbergasted at the situation. He cleared his throat a few times before speaking, "Well... Ms. Burns. They have the right to hold you for 48 hours before applying a charge to you. And I believe they just may if they find the evidence to support it. For now, I want you to stay silent and I will do whatever I can." He did not sound hopeful.

"Just..." Gary cleared his throat again, trying to maintain a professional, optimistic demeanor in the face of a remarkably complicated situation. "Stay here for a moment while I speak with the Lieutenant," he finally said, clearly dreading the prospect. Not merely for the ordeal of speaking to the lieutenant, but for the conversation that would have to take place. Something this wild, it would almost certainly go to trial. And that meant every dirty little secret would be dragged out into the open, even the ones Gary didn't know about yet. But he did know Emile, and he hadn't seen her this shattered since the days immediately following Dennis' death. If she was forced straight into a trial, her trial...

The Lieutenant was waiting directly outside the interrogation room, speaking before Gary even had the chance to close the door behind him. "I trust you informed her of the gravity of the situation. She has far more to lose then mere peace of mind, especially once we are able to interrogate Heller directly."

"Well until you have something other then wild speculation," Gary retorted, "I demand that my client be permitted to return to her home and freed from your harassment. She is a victim in case you've forgotten, and-"

"Sir!" came a different voice, footsteps rushing down the hallway as a young officer breathlessly rushed down the hallway. "The hospital called, he's awake and condition is stable," he began to explain, though of course the question of who 'he' was needed no explanation. "Whatever caused the seizure seems to have passed completely, and the doc says he'll be fine. And he's saying," the officer paused, glancing towards the open door and Emile's hunched form within the small room. "He says that he's refusing to speak to anyone except Ms. Burns."

"Out of the question," Gary responded immediately. "I will not have my client exposed to this lunatic," he exaggerated, unaware of just how true the word was.

"Tell the doctor we're on our way," Kinsman said, ignoring Gary's sudden indignant expression. "It's in your clients best interest to get this man talking; if she's as innocent as you would have me believe, then his testimony will only support that. I may not be legally able to force her to talk to him, but I can choose where she will be held in custody; the hospital, for example."

"That's completely absurd!" Gary exclaimed, plainly winding himself up for a lengthy argument.

Emile could hear the voices outside the room rising, she couldn't make out the words, only the tone. Gary was unhappy with something Kinsman had done. "I'm going to jail." She concluded in a little voice, speaking to Sparky oddly enough. He whined softly, brushing his wet nose against her trembling finger tips. As comforting as the dog was, she couldn't also help to blame him along with herself. Had she not taken Sparky he wouldn't have found the drugs, and then she wouldn't have needed to relax with a few drinks and wouldn't have tried to sleep with Heller. Again the urge to smack her head against something thick and metal became appealing. Her head snapped up when the door to her room slammed open, causing her to jump. She could hear Gary's heavy breathing and footsteps as he waddled over to her.

"Ms. Burns, we're moving the location of your... custody," He spoke, his voice even, although malice towards his next words was there. "We're moving you to the hospital. Officer Heller has awoken and refuses to speak to anyone but you." Gary quickly continued before she could speak. "There will be two armed officers in the room with you, and Sparky will also be joining you for your protection. We will be outside the room. No harm will be coming to you."

The woman merely nodded. Vaguely wondering if she'd be speaking to Joseph or Heller. With the help of Gary she got from her chair and was escorted from the room. The man stuck closely to her left side, the dog close to her right. She was lead through the maze of the station, part of her knew each turn and twist, half leading the way to the back of the station. Wearily she also wondered if she was to be placed in the back of a cruiser and paraded around like a criminal. "I will be taking you there in my vehicle." Gary quickly said, before Kinsman-- who she thought had been following them, recognizing the footsteps-- could say anything. She heard the answering noise, but ignored it. Every step she took she couldn't help but feel the fear growing in her chest. Emile had to keep her hand from reaching up to touch her throat, still the angry marks resided under her high collar. When she got into whichever vehicle it was she could also feel his nails biting into the skin on her sides, his teeth on her shoulder. She winced slightly at the memories, pulling her arms around her body as she sat silently.

The drive to the hospital was silent and felt as if it lasted hours when it was perhaps a quarter of an hour. When the stench of old people, sterilization, and medication wafted over to Emile, she nearly vomited up what little food she'd kept down over the last couple days. Sparky's warmth on her leg kept her moving along with the guiding hands on her arm. They weaved through the hospital and continued up the elevator to a floor Emile didn't want to know about. The hospital had many memories for her from her accident, tears burns at the sides of her eyes as she thought about it. Instead though she carried on, ignoring the chit chat between the people leading her and the people behind her. Finally they pulled her to a stop, an older voice joined the mix of voices. He must have been the doctor.

"Ah, I see you have the 'Bogeygirl' with you. Good. Now he'll speak."

"The security measures are in place?" Gary demanded of the doctor, a fairly old man who seemed less then impressed at the lawyer's bluster.

"This is hardly the first time we've dealt with a potentially dangerous subject. He would have to break free of his straps, overpower the two officers in the room, make it past you lot," the doctor waved a vaguely dismissive hand at Gary and Kinsman, as well as the second pair of officers with them, "and then get outside the hospital before he even had a chance at escape. Now I do have other patients to attend to, so let's get this done." He motioned for the group to follow, passing through a few more hallways before pointing towards a private room. "He's in here." Gary stepped forward to push the door open for Emile, allowing her to enter the room.

Joseph Heller was lying in the room's only bed, stripped to the waist with bloody bandages wrapped around his shoulder and an IV in his arm. A heart monitor beeped steadily, perhaps becoming minutely faster as he glanced up at the sudden movement. It was all he could do; leather straps bound his wrists to the bed, preventing him from so much as sitting up in the bed. An officer stood on either side of the door, one of them briefly laying a hand on his gun when the door opened only to relax when he saw who it was. "We brought her," Kinsman announced, glaring at Heller upon the bed. "And now you should start speaking."

"...I..." the bedridden man said, and surely it was Joseph's voice, surely it was he who lay there. "I need to speak with her alone. Just for a moment. Please," he quietly begged, his voice weak from the surgery and drugs.

"Don't be absurd. I don't actually need you to speak, Heller. It just makes my job easier," Kinsman retorted.

"But you don't have enough. Not to prove what you want to prove," Joseph said quietly, watching the lieutenant with a steady gaze. "Five minutes, and I'll cooperate completely. Just five minutes."

Kinsman was silent for a moment, glancing at the doctor. "There are cameras monitoring everything in the room?" he asked, the doctor nodding silently. "Fine," he added in a louder voice. "I'll let you two have your little chat. It may be the last bit of pleasant conversation either of you have." The two guards remained at their posts, their presence very clearly not negotiable, while the others began to move back outside. Gary paused to lay a comforting hand on Emile's shoulder, murmuring that they would be right outside if she needed anything, until at last it was only her, Sparky, and the two silent guards in the room with Joseph Heller.

"Emile?" he said quietly after a moment, his voice difficult to hear even for her sensitive ears. "I'm sorry Emile, I...could you come closer? Please?" he asked in a low voice.

'Go fuck yourself, lieutenant,' nearly slipped from the woman's lips about a half dozen times since they'd entered the room with Joseph. Not only was she being used as a possession of sorts, she was also being used like a bargaining chip. Objectifying her only made her shrink more into herself. Emile was hesitant to enter the room even though he was restrained, she'd been attacked by this man-- part of this man. Her body told her it was safe to approach, but her mind (now clear from alcohol and lust) was not so sure she should. She appreciated Gary's large hand on her shoulder for the moments it was there, taking what little comfort could be given from her lawyer. 'Do you remember the last time a lawyer tried to comfort you?' Her mind inquired, but she had no time to dwell on overly-touchy lawyers. She had a man who half wanted to protect her, and half wanted to kill her saying her name. She had barely heard the door shut behind her before she approached Joseph, her hand on Sparky's neck.

Swallowing down hard, the woman stepped forward towards him, nodding her head to his requests. He could see her, there was no need for her to talk. She could barely imagine how he would describe her now. 'Purple pools of exhaustion cradling the ocean of crystalline eyes. Ashen skin alike to the remains of the Fiance. Hunched shoulders that swoop in low, slowly falling into it's self. Once again her mind was mocking her, and once again she swallowed hard to get past it. "Y-yes...?" She asked once she was closer, standing a foot from his bed.

From there she could smell the drugs and the sterilization that had been used in his surgeries. Bile rose in her throat, memories flashing to black frames and horrible sounds and smells. A cold sweat broke out on her forehead, and a tremble started in her fingers. She greatly disliked being at the hospital. Those cold, trembling fingers were shoved into her pockets as she bent down some, to be at Joseph's level. "Here?" Emile asked, her voice quiet.

The man smiled slightly, despite her not being able to see it, and said "That's good enough." But his voice was not Joseph's not any more; this was the voice that had talked its way into her bed and gasped out its need to kill her, Heller's voice, the demon hiding in plain sight. "Don't move, don't speak," he ordered, his voice harsh but quiet. The onlooking guards were unable to hear his words, let alone see the gleam of lustful malice in his eyes. "Just listen. You're going to loosen these straps so I can get out of here, and you're going to do it because it's the only way you'll learn why. And not just about why I tried to kill you, but about Dennis as well." He chuckled darkly, momentarily annoyed that she was still slightly too far away for him to simple grab her. "Yeah, I know why he died. I even know who did it, figured it out weeks ago. But he'll go to his grave unpunished and you will never know why, you'll spend the rest of your worthless life wondering how you fucked up so badly and never knowing why, unless," there was only a deadly seriousness in his tone, "you loosen these straps, without tipping off the guards."

Suddenly he gasped, his body straining against the straps. "No," Joseph whispered in a hoarse voice. "Don't-" He slumped back upon the bed, silent for a few moments before Heller spoke again. "He can't help you any more, cunt. It's just you and me, and I'm the only one who knows why. They'll come back inside in a few minutes. Do it. Now," he demanded.

Sparky began to growl hesitantly; the man smelled like a friend but he was making the nice lady smell afraid. Neither of the guards seemed to notice much of anything, beyond a mutual look of surprise when Heller surged up against his bindings. But the former cop was bound, and wasn't a threat at all, supposedly.

Her shoulders tensed quickly at his voice, her numerous injuries screaming merely at his presence. She lost her voice then, and her ability to move or feel. She could only listen to him and her own heart racking away at her chest, pressing to get out. She nodded slightly finally, when she was able to move again. Her numbed fingers grasped the sides of the straps, her fingers digging under the leathers to loosen them around his arms. "W-why didn't you tell the police who killed him?" She asked in a whisper, her voice as low as his, not tipping off the guards about her fear or her line of questioning. "How could you let this carry on?" Emile continued, fingers finding the warm metal of the buckle and undoing it slightly, as much as she could from where she was. From behind it would look as if the woman as bending over him to hear him better and trying to find his hand with her own.

Joseph fought Heller and the noises frightened the woman, she bit her lip as tears threatened to swell up over her lashes, but she forced them down. He would kill her if she let anyone know what was happening. The term made her nostrils flare slightly, brows knot and lips purse. If she wasn't terrified for her life that already once was nearly squeezed out by his hands, she would have hit him-- hopefully in the shoulder he was shot in. But then she would remember that Joseph could feel the pain too, and she didn't wish to hurt him.

"I am. I am." Her voice wavered momentarily as she got the last of the straps in her reach loosened. She didn't undo them, but she loosened them enough that he could easily get out of them. Doing more would cause alarm within and outside of the room. "Tell me who killed him," she begged, "tell me why he had to die-- why you wanted to kill me." Her voice was pleading as she grasped his arm tightly in her little white fingers.

Only three more minutes before the others would rejoin them.

Back
Top Bottom