Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It isn't possible... (Tatcon x nightsorceress)

In his younger years (by vampire reckoning) Tory had fallen in love. She was a beautiful creature who had not questioned or scorned him for his affliction because she was special too. She had been a witch, born to a family of like-powered individuals who were more than happy to foster her talents. There was an issue, however with her relations and the biggest issue was him. It was a justifiable reason, vampires have in the past been known to infect witches and the resulting individual was extremely powerful, immortal and quite possibly wild and dangerous to the general public. That did not make what came afterwards any easier to bear.

When she had introduced Tory to her family, there was obvious hesitation and some fear of the fact that he was a vampire, but he had made a solemn promise that he would always keep their daugther safe, and never under any circumstances would he turn her into a vampire. He had despised the fact he was a vampire from the moment he was changed and it made it very clear to everyone who found out he a bloodsucker of his feelings. However, a couple weeks after he had come clear to her family, he would be out in the woods with her, enjoying the quiet moonlight when she was struck down by a duo of assassins hired by her parents to keep her from becoming a vampiric witch. He managed to gain the knowledge of who had sent the assassins before terminating them, and then he spent the remainder of the night holding his loved one tightly as she slowly grew colder and the sun creeped into the sky. He found shelter just moment before he would have turned to dust.

Fast forward two hundred years, bringing us into the mid 18th century and Tory had never forgotten his vendetta against the family that killed his lover and their own daughter over a point that would have never happened. He had managed to do some damage to the family, killing some prominent members, but he could never get to the members and decendants of her parents to finally get his closure.

Today was set to be different. The family, now members of the elite caste of England, were having a ball in support of the coming of age of the youngest daughter of this generation. With some bribery, careful maneuvering and fancy word play he managed to gain an invitation as a special guest. He would have to miss the official day party however, but the dinner was to happen in the late evening which would suit him perfectly. Arriving in style, the strong shouldered, black haired young man made himself known once he arrived, walking around among the pre-dinner crowd and making mundane chit chat as he worked himself closer to the patriach of the family.

And then...she was there. He was standing between her father and mother, this was her coming of age party. Tory's mind was reeling viciously at the sight of her, and for many, many long minutes he would just stand there flabbergasted and defeated.

'How is this possible...' He thought silently to himself.

She had spent years of her life feeling as though something was missing. She had always had a an aching in her heart as if she had lost someone very precious to her, but she had always had her family. She never could reason it out in her own mind. The feeling always tugged at her even as she stood with her parents at her coming out party. She was 18 and eligible for marriage. And men took notice of that fact.

Aurora was a beautiful young woman, she had long raven colored hair and vibrant purple eyes.She greeted guest at her parents side before growing restless. She excused herself and retrieved a glass of punch and sneaking out to the back balcony of her parents home. It was one of her favorite get a way's, it looked out over the garden and the moon shown down brightly. She starred up at the moon, letting the light cover her beautiful face.

It would take Tory quite a while to get over himself, and by then he had noticed that she had disappeared, catching sight of her again near the drink bowl. Quirking his lip slightly he thought on what would be the best course of action, and how he should execute it. Stroking his chin he would watch as she disappeared into the house, invariably heading somewhere away from the crowd. Getting in would be impossible, enough members of the guard and the family knew of him, though not what he had done in the past and were not eager to let him travel easily. So he hatched a plan, and excused himself quietly from the party.

The next part was easy, a simple case of drawing upon the acrobatics he had learned many years prior as he flipped and grappled his way along the building until he reached one of the upper roofs, courtesy of a rather overgrown vine. From there he would quietly walk around until he found her, which turned out to be a realtively easy task. Slowly and quietly dropping down so he would appear to be walking in front the balcony entrance, he straightened his crevate, and spoke quietly. "Aurora, is it?" He asked, taking a few more steps so he would nearly be beside her, though giving enough space as to allow for common courtesy.

Aurora stood in the moon light watching as the earth was quiet in the night. She had always loved the night, it became such a part of her. She would spend her days hiding from the sun light when ever she could just to ensure she could spend as much time in her beloved night. She was engrossed in her watching of the night so she did not hear the man approach. When his voice broke her silence she turned and looked at him.

She looked as did the day she died. down to the same freckles. Her name was even the same. "Hello sir." She smiled politely "Yes I am Aurora, and your name sir?"

Again, Tory would be struck down by the resemblance, unable to comprehend how it was even possible after all this time. He had had a feeling when he saw her that she would not recognize him, and her words served to confirm that. For a moment he would even forget that she had spoken to him as he looked at her like an appartion.

He would, however gain his senses shortly. "Miss Aurora, a please to meet you. My name is Tory Vasquez." He replied, offering an open hand to her so that she could place hers within and he could give it a kiss, a move he had been wanting to make for nearly two hundred years.

Aurora looked the man in front of her over. He was a handsome man, probably the most handsome man she had ever laid eyes on, however as she looked him again there was something so familiar about him but she could not place it. She knew if she had meet him before she would not forgot his face however it still plagued her that she knew this man. She placed her gentle hand inside his. "Its a pleasure to meet you" She smiled softly. "So what draws your attention for the lavish party going on inside to be standing out here"

Tory recognized in her eyes that there was something of her that remembered him, even if the clothing had changed considerably over the last few centuries. Now he knew he would have to find some way to jog her memory, bring her back to him before her parents caught wind of the event and ordered her termination again. Only this time, he wouldn't let it happen if it came to pass.

Placing a kiss on the back of her hand lightly, he would give her her hand back, and smile charmingly. "The pleasure is mine, I assure you. You are the reason I decided to wander away from this rather outlandish party. You fascinate me in a way I cannot comprehend. Tell me, have we met before?" He had to play in a ruse, trying to force her distant but preserved memory to breach her current existance and remind her of him, the funny vampire boy she use to hide with in the woods.

Aurora looked him over again perhaps they have met before, "I seem to have the same affect on a lot of men inside, as they are looking for their chances to propose marriage." She looked over her shoulder to the party inside she rolled her eyes on the very thought of one them marring her. "You funny you mentioned it, i was thinking to myself that we have met before, but i can't seem to place you."

Tory watched her eyes shift to the party behind her and he smirked to himself. At least her extreme distaste in courtly life and the men that inhabit it haven't changed. Obivously the only thing that had changed about her was her memories, the personality, along with her flawlessness remained unchanged.

"My mind keeps telling me we met in a forest once before...maybe it was a dream, certainly felt like one sometimes. It is the strangest coincidence, is it not?" He continued, trying extremely hard not to just come out and say who he was to her, and what was going on with them previously. He kept checking the door to make sure that her parents wouldn't intervene because though they treated his with a distant coolness, he knew that they were aware of something deviant in him, and that would not bode well.

Aurora tucked some of her long raven colored hair behind her ear as listened to him. "its like we are sharing dreams you and I. I feel like we meet before in a forest. In my dream I remember walking along feeling the happiest i have felt before, but then suddenly it all ends, i feel cold, and alone. Then everything fades to black" her eyes glaze over slightly as she talked, her dream always felt so real to her it was strange.

Tory would cross his arms over his chest as he listened to her, tongue troubling his lower lip as she grew distant. He remained quiet for a short moment after she had finished, looking back towards the door before crouching down a bit so he could look her in the eye, hands sitting on her shoulders gently. "We are sharing the dream because they are a memory, not a dream. You were alive two hundred years ago and we were in love, Aurora. Think harder on the dream, and realize that it was real so very, very long ago." He said softly, speaking in a quiet tone so as to not alarm anyone who could hear.

However, his time had run out, as her parents came into the house to find her. "Aurora dear, it's dinner time, where are you?" They called. Tory knew his cue when he saw it, and with a soft kiss on her cheek he stood up. "I will find you, in three nights, be here and I will find you." He said quickly, and in a flash he jumped over the balcony and into the night, away from the family home where his ressurected love now lived, still among the family that had condemned her to death so many winters ago.

Aurora felt his hands on her shoulders. Is touch felt so familiar to her. Her mind was telling her to step away from as he spoke crazy words of being reborn. In that moment she thought maybe he was out of his mind but yet she wanted to believe him. But before she could say or do anything he was gone. She was in a moment of shock before she heard her parents voices. She cleared her throat and then called back to them. "Coming" she said as she took when final look around before going inside with her parents.

Tory would be back out to the street within a few moments, kicking the dirt sporadically as he ran his hands through his hair. "Foolish. I knew it." He said to himself, looking back at the masion as he started the long walk back to his own home. He sincerely hoped that she would be there three nights from now so he could try to extract the memory from her mind, and more importantly prove that he wasn't insane, since her thinking that would probably lose his chances of bringing her back to him.

So now it was a matter of figuring out an argument and method to jog her memory of him, what they felt and who they were...over two hundred years ago...when she died. "Oh gods..." He said to himself as he placed his hands on his temples and went into the graveyard that held his home.

Aurora did her best to continue to smile through that night but her mind kept racing back to what the stranger said. She finally could no longer take it and retired to her room. She looked out over the night sky just wondering if all that happen had just been real. With a heavy sigh, she tried to shake it off and got ready for bed. It didn't take her long to fall a sleep and in sleep her true self was set free.

Her true self started to stir inside her wanting to be let free, seeing tory again made her heart race. Her subconscious call out to him hoping his minds eye could hear her. "Please Tory set me free so we can be together again, find me before the coven finds out. please"

Such words flew on the wind like leaves for someone as supernatural as Tory, and as he opened the door to the crypt, he heard the words, and sighed to himself. "Soon Aurora, soon. The coven don't know, nor shall they." He seemed to whisper back, hoping against hope that some coporeal whisper like that might somehow enter her subconcious over such a distance. But with the way things have transpired today, it seemed that almost anything was possible.

And so it was that he went to sleep that morning filled with hope and dread, knowing that there was the potential to awaken her dormant meories and through some miracle have her back in his arms again soon. However, her family might be prone to follow the same course of action they had before, and how could the couple prepare for that?

"By learning from our mistakes.." he whispered to himself with a smirk on his face as he slowly fell to sleep to let the rainy day pass without him ever noticing.

For the next three days she was restless and uneasy. She felt as though something was clawing from with her trying to break free. She had never felt that way before. She knew it was because of him. She wondered what would cause him to put that sort of spell on her to make her feel so uneasy.

She was waiting for him on the balcony all afternoon. She didn't know why because she wanted to believe him to be crazy however she was standing there waiting none the less

Just as the sun dipped behind the horizon, he would appear, making the trek from his crypt to her house in record time. He knew it was a case of now or never for him to find the real her hidden beneath this new birth and the memories that it had laid down on top of her previous life. Part of him didn't even know how this happened, how she was able to come back with some of her memories intact deep inside her. All he knew that he would have to find a way to get them to awaken, and then find a way to keep her alive.

He entered the porch the same way, acting as if he had come in from the door again, but instead he just stood there and waited for a moment before speaking. "Miss Aurora, we meet again. Have you had a chance to think on what I told you about a few days ago?" He asked, knowing that the whisper he had received a few days prior was her subconcious mind speaking, and to draw it out, it would again take some careful maneuvering.

Aurora paced nervously on the balcony, she didn't know what the hell she was doing there all she could is wait for more answers, or crazy talk. As the sun set she had almost given up home he would arrive. But then suddenly he was there again. "Your story is very hard to believe sir" she stood across from him starring at him wondering what he would say this time.

Tory nodded a few times once she said what she did, understanding that it could be hard to understand why he had said the things he did. "I can imagine, it must be a unique part of your family's heritage that you have these vivid dreams that are shared with another." He said, before scratching his chin for a moment and looking up at her.

"Let me give you a brief history of me. As I have said, my name is Tory Vasquez, and I am a vampire. Please please, don't react with fear, I don't have any intention of drinking your blood, that is not my style." He started, making sure that she wasn't scared of the details that he was a blood sucker in her midst. "Two hundred years ago I had met a girl, who appeared a lot like you and despite my affliction and her family's affinity for magic, we fell in love. However, it was not to be when one night, as we were enjoying the moonlight she was killed by assassins; murderers hired by her own family for fear that she would become a vampire mage, which is a powerful entity. What frightens me, is that your dreams sound exactly like that night.." he said, trailing off at the end as he let his eyes meet hers to see what she was thinking.

Aurora's forehead wrinkled as she looked at him. His words sounded just like her dream, but how could he know that. She paced a little thinking about all he had said. "It still does not make any sense. I mean, and so what if it is true, that girl is dead what does that to do with me." as she paced she moved closer to him she was now standing right in front of him. Being that close to him made her wanted to be even closer but she didn't know why.

"Because her name was Aurora too. Because she looked just like you, and she was born to your parents ancestors." He said quietly, before reaching forward and pulling her into a deep hug, holding her extremely close as he tried to see if this kind of contact might jog some of her memories to surface. He also knew it might get him assaulted by the guards, but after two hundred years of living without worthwhile love, he didn't particularly care.

Aurora looked at as he spoke she wanted to believe him. She didn't know why and then when he hugged her she melted into the hug. Her arms wrapped around him, holding him close. She felt so relaxed in his arms. For the first her restless sprite seemed to hold still and enjoy the moment. She lifted her head up. "there is something about you" She whispered to him.

Tory could only surrender a small chuckle to her statement as he looked down at her with a smile. "Well I would certainly hope so. I was always told I was more than meets the eye." He teased as he ran a hand slowly through her hair. "I do not know how your family managed to do it, but magic runs very strongly in your blood, so if anyone was able to enact ressurection, I would assume it would be them." He continued for a small bit, still holding her close because he simply refused to let get after all this time.

His mind was racing on how he could possibly bring her true self to the fore of her person, and he was feeling that he could not do it while she was still in the manor. But how could he steal her away? And what were the chances that if he did, they would send someone to kill her again.

Aurora looked at him for a long moment. "You know about my families powers?" she questioned softly. It was weird to think that he really was telling the truth. "It still does not seem possible" she mumbled more to herself then to him.

When she queried about the fact he knew the strength of her family, he would only give a small nod, knowing all too well of the strength in her family's lineage and the connections on top of that. It was something that haunted him every night and every day when he dreamed.

When she mumbled to herself that it does not seem possible, he raised his hand to her cheek and tilted her head up towards him. "Would you kiss me? You will see another part of you will wake up with that." He said softly, just working towards a series of items that have been known, somehow, to job the memory of a loved one affected by a memory altering malady.

Back
Top Bottom