Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wild Guardian (cevl and Chiffon) CLOSED

PickleChiffon

Supernova
It had started when she was fourteen, at least that’s the first memory she had, of seeing him. She wasn’t really sure why it was a “him” but something just felt right about that designation.

She’d been traipsing around the wooded forest of her Grandparents' hobby farm. Not a care in the world, until she heard a snap of a twig.

The sound had sent her heart racing, she hadn’t been the one who made it. She had crouched down, pretending to tie her shoe, still as a rabbit ready to bolt, when he appeared on the path just a mere 30 feet in front of her. She had raised her eyes, and looked into the most vibriantly colored orbs she had ever seen, with a shock of white fur brazenly obvious over the right eye. Her heart had been pounding, loud enough it seemed the only thing she could hear.

There was no way she’d be able to out run him at this close an encounter.

So she stayed still and watched, as he sniffed the air, tilting his head from side to side, before dropping his ears and tail, in what looked like a bow of sorts. She blinked, and he was gone.

That had been the first time. But since that day, nine years ago, she’d seen him often enough, on the fringes of places he shouldn’t have been, as well as those she expected to see him.

She gazed out the window of her Grandparents' farm.

The for sale sign blowing in the wind, as the tress slightly rustled. She had a week here, to clean up the house and vacate it, then it would be back to school. She’d walked the woods daily since she arrived three days ago, but she’d not seen him.

She hadn’t seen him now for a year or longer, and somehow, that fact made the loss of this place even more prevalent and weigh heavy on her heart.

RE: Wild Guardian (cevl and Chiffon)

He remembered the time he had found her, the one destined, chosen, or just randomly generated to be his perfect mate. He had seen the woman infront of him, completely scared, what did you expect, if you saw a wolf? but though she was young already oh so beautiful.

From that day on he had followed her, sometimes appearing as the wolf she knew, otherwise as a bird at the window, or a lizard scaling the walls. All white, or a shade close to it, with eyes seemingly to change colour every time you looked at him, except if he focused.

That was also the case today. He hadn't seen her in a month, but she hadn't seen him, or recognized him, in twelve. Neither now would she, when he walked through the forest, a twentyfive year old man, so he seemed, with white hair, a brown leather outfit, and the same eyes of the wolf, the lizard, the bird, and a cat she had once just before she left the house.

He was sitting on a tree stump, making music with a harmonica, one of his favourite inventions. He looked up when he saw the woman come closer, and smiled. Finnally she was there, had a good age, and looked as perfect as ever.
(what did you want him to say here? I wouldn['t know how he'd say he's hers)

Raven had grabbed a light jacket and headed out into the fall air to walk the woods again. They had always called to her, but even more so after her first encounter with her wolf. She chuckled, her wolf, not that anyone could lay claim over a wild animal, but it had always felt right calling him hers. Her heart was still heavy, she missed her companion.

She meandered the trails, ducking the low branches. Dressed in dark jeans and a forest green sweater, she looked like she belonged, her long auburn hair fell in loose curls midway down her back, and as she walked it flirted with the wind.

At 5’9 she had finally felt at home in her skin, tall and built with a pleasing figure that dipped and swelled in the right places, she had never thought herself pretty, but Raven knew she caught more attention recently than she had when she was younger. As she came into a clearing in the heart of the trail system she heard the soft haunting sounds of a lonely harmonica. She looked up to see the most handsome man she’d ever laid eyes on, perched on a tree stump.

He looked as if he were at home, and he was smiling at her. She returned the smile, her heart fluttering. Why did he look familiar?

“Hi,” she said softly, as she approached him.

When the woman had approached him, iinterrupting the man's melody, the harmonica had fallen from his hands to the ground at the sight of the woman, curvaceous and beautiful. As she had always been in his eyes.

She couldn't lay claim on him, not because he couldn't be claimed, but because he already had claimed himself to be hers, and her to be his, years ago, not too long after they met for the first time. They were destined for each other, and if not, he'd find destiny and make it so.

He sunk from his seated position to a kneeling and looked up at the woman, though he would normally look down at her, with his 6'3" of length. "Good day, Raven." He said

The use of her name startled her, but then her smile grew. If he knew her name they must have met before, which would explain her sense of familiarity. She offered her hand out to him as he kneeled before her in a very old world display of chivalry and respect.

“I’m sorry, you have me at an advantage. I know we’ve met before, but I don’t remember your name.”

She let her eyes roam over the man in front of her. Lord, she hopped she would have remembered meeting such a fine specimen. Her mind though, was still drawing a blank, yet the comfort she felt, she must have met him before. Her hand was still in his as he rose, her eyes following him up to his full height. He had been impressive sitting; now he was magnificent.

Raven felt the blush creeping through her cheeks as her eyes connected with his.

The man smiled at her when she helped him up, feeling her soft hand in his rougher one, doing it mostly on his own, not wanting to strain her.

"We've met before, more times then one, but you wouldn't recognize me." The man said, smiling at the woman before him. "My name is Silura, but if you'd rather shorten it to make it roll of the tongue better, I don't mind."

He looked into the woman's eyes, with his own, special ones, maybe being recognizeable enough for her. Even though he towered over her, he didn't look intimidating to her, like a trusted bodyguard, or old friend.

Raven felt his eyes to the back of her soul. She shivered slightly. She still hadn’t been able to place why or from where she knew him, but his confirmation of knowing her was comforting.

“Silura,” she said softly trying his name out against her tongue. It felt as though it belonged. Like the rest of him, familiar but not at the same time. “This is the first time I’ve seen you since I’ve been walking through here for the last few days. Are you just visiting town?” She asked lightly as she let her hand drop from his.

The connection of their skin had been electric and calming. She raised her eyes up to his smiling as she wrapped her arms about herself. Something was odd, comforting but still odd with this whole situation, and a corner of her mind was preoccupied still thinking about her wolf. If this stranger was here in the woods, her wolf wouldn’t appear she knew it.

Silura had opened his own soul to her to see if she looked while he looked into hers, showing a devotion, a love, a need, a craving for and to her.

"I am, for the moment. I wander around, go where I think I need to be." he said, not saying that he always thought he needed to be with her. "I've been around here for the past few days as well. I have seen you, though you didn't see me."

When she wrapped her aroms around herself he wanted to do the same, to get the feel of the conncetion between them back, but he didn't want to scare her off, not now he could finally be with her, stay with her, love her, and have her love him back, without anyone complaining.

Raven chuckled softly at Silura words. She let her gaze travel over him again. Where did she know him from? She was still trying to wrack her brain for the answer when her eyes met his. Damn, there was something intense about his gaze.

Before she knew it she reached out to touch him, her fingertips jumping with a connection as her skin met his.

“I...would you like to come in for a cup of coffee or tea? My place is just around the path bend?”

She was insane inviting someone she barely knew into her home. But there was something in his eyes, that spoke to her on a very different level. And in that moment thoughts of her wolf, disappeared from her mind.

Silura liked the sound of her laughter, it sounding long in his mind after she had went quiet herself. He was surprised when she reached out to touch him, her arm landing on his shoulder, his breath nearly stuck in his throat, before he forced himself to let it out. He couldn't really believe she had went for him this quickly, and wondered if she felt the same connection he felt, though in the back of his mind, a cynical voice said 'whore' before he quickly hit it down.

"I'd love to come with you for a drink, that is, if it wouldn't be a problem for you." He said, nearly saying thou instead of it, he needed to get comfortable with modern speak again. He didn't want to seem too eager, though he had actually wanted to jump her and kiss her, and more, right then.

Raven was nervous.

He smelled wonderful to her, and familiar, yet not. She walked beside him, wondering what had come over her, what had gotten into her head. She’d had crushes before, but she’d never invited anyone home. Nor would she admit the reason why was that anytime she had gotten close to feeling that was about someone, he wolf would make an appearance, and she felt guilty, as if she were betraying his trust.

Oh, she’d been kissed but nothing beyond that.

Raven’s heart was pounding, excitement, and anticipation. Her connection to this man would certainly draw out her wolf. They walked in relative silence the few hundred paces to her door. She blushed slightly as they approached the front stoop, the for sale sign blowing in the wind. Her wolf hadn’t surfaced yet, she was going to actually invite this man into her home!

She opened the door and stood to the side.

“Welcome, it’s not much the kitchen is just in the back.” Raven stepped into the house after him, taking one last long look out into the open air. No sight of him at all, heart heavy she forced a smile and turned back to her guest.

“Tea or coffee?” She asked as she lead him to the kitchen.

The man could notice she was waiting for something, looking for something, hoping for something to happen, and from the look in her eyes, nearly the same as when she looked him in the eyes, she was waiting for him, but then as a wolf.

When they arrived there he loked over at the small house, and thought it was cute, just like it's owner. He walked inside with her, seeing her look back. He crouched down a little when he walked past the door, not knowing how high it was, and not wanting to hit his head.

"It's a great little house. Why is it for sale?" He asked, having seen the sign hanging outside, and wondering why anyone would sell a house like this one. it wasn't like you could get much for it with most buyers.

"Tea please, if you don't mind." He said, walking with her to the kitchen.

Raven went about making tea, her smile sad as she responded to the stranger.

“My grandmother died two months ago. This had been her home, for 70 years. She moved her with her parents and then had her family here, raised my mom and myself here. My mom passed away several years ago when I was still young, so this was home. But with everyone gone, I can’t keep it anymore-there’s so much work. It almost hurts too much.” She smiled sadly as she handed him the tea.

She took a seat across from him. Her gaze traveling to the window which over looked the back field and the forest with the trail system. Raven had toyed with keeping the place, but the reality of the upkeep needed, and the commitment, she didn’t know if she could do it, especially with school being so far away. To make it work she would need to move here, and that meant school would be nearly impossible.

She turned back to her companion.

“You said you were from around here, surely you must have heard of my grandmothers passing? She was quite prominent in the community here.”
Raven took a tentative sip of her tea. Her eyes flited over the man in front of her. He was still very very familiar to her, but she had yet to place why that was.

Back
Top Bottom