Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A New School [Google and Modern.Prometheus]

Being the new kid on campus was never easy, especially when it was a new school every year. Erin Murphy never spent more than a year in the same place. Her father was a military man who frequently found himself deployed in various countries and always moved his daughter with him.

Throughout her entire high school life, Erin never had the chance to be a normal kid. She never got to join the sports she wanted to, or make friends that she would see over the summer. She missed out on dating and on dances but never once complained. Her father worked hard and she knew that, it would have made her feel selfish if she complained about all the moving. Instead, she took her lifestyle in silence.

Her senior year seemed like it was going to be spent in Germany, but at the last minute her father decided to change his career and take a permanent job on a military base back in the states. He had said it was because he was getting too old to keep up with the younger men, but Erin secretly believed he had done it for her. Whatever his reason was, she was ecstatic that for once in her life she would be going to an American school and would be there for good.

The private school that her father had enrolled her in was a dream come true. Even if it was the middle of the year and all clubs and sports were closed to new students, she was still excited. On her first day of school, the slender red-head could hardly contain her excitement. She had spent all night ironing her new school uniforms and getting her backpack together. Her senior year was sure to be the best, at least that's what she hoping for. She barely slept that night.

Early that next morning, she put on the somewhat boring uniform that didn't flatter her feminine curves at all and braided her auburn hair. With a touch of makeup to cover up some of the freckles on her face and a little bit of lip balm, she was ready to go. Since she had moved around so much, she never had time to get a drivers license and so her father drove her to school that morning. The entire time she could have peed herself from all the excitement.

Rolling up to the school, she gave her dad a kiss on the cheek before she headed inside. She was so early that it seemed not even all of the teachers had arrived yet! The halls were empty as she made her way to the administration office to get her schedule and check in; by the time she was finished, a few students had shown up and were already forming their own little cliques in the halls. Erin had her schedule in hand as she walked by the other students and flashed a kind, yet somewhat bashful smile. She liked to think that by the end of the week they could all be friends and would find her interesting and different.

Her head was full of optimistic hope as she found her empty first period class room and took a seat at the front.

Dominic Kraft came from a family with a great deal of money and a great deal of power, his father was the former State DA and had recently made the step up to the United States Senate while his mother, a retired fashion model had started her own make up company and was making a fortune with it. He was an only child and he was immensely used to getting whatever he wanted since his parents were often to busy to deal with him and the people who they had paid to look over him had been to worried about loosing their jobs then to try to discipline the son of their employer. Hell for his twelfth birthday his parents had given him a trust fun that paid out twenty grand a month, far more money then someone his age or just about any age could possibly need.

As a result of this upbringing Dominic was a rather difficult person to deal with at school, he rarely paid attention in class but was bright enough to do well just based off his test scores, he tended to be aggressive and at times bordering abusive with the young women he dated but was able to turn his charm on them or anyone at the school who tried to call him out on his behavior and people tended to think the best of him no matter how poorly he had been treating them just minutes ago, and as for the school officials, both the principle and the vice principle had both gotten a rather nice gift around the end of the school year three years running and anyone who complained about him was told that it would be dealt with and then quickly ignored.

Half way through his senior year things were going about as well as he could hope, he had just gotten an acceptance letter to a top rated university, he had already slept with several of the new seniors and the attractive TA in his English class and was thinking about seeing if he could make his way through the Junior class cheer team before the school year had ended. Unfortunately there was a single down side on that day, he had been part of a group project in science and the team lead had refused to listen to his protests that meeting before school was a pain in the ass, so he had just pulled into the parking lot before most of his classmates arrived, his uniform pressed perfectly and his hair styled just how he always liked it, even his vintage GTO had been waxed to a shine over the weekend, glistening in the dim light of the early morning.

However something did catch his eyes, a lovely red head emerging from a car driven by what he had to assume was her father. He had to hazard a guess that she was a senior but he had never seen her before... something new, and something he wanted. Right away his meeting for the project was forgotten, he had been late anyway and as she made her way through the halls he followed her, watching her hips sway slightly as she walked and greeting a few other people he knew along the way. And then... in an immensely pleasing coincidence she entered what had to be her first period class which was also his first period civics class...

With a smile on his face he followed in behind her and looked to where she had sat in the front row. “You can't sit there.” He pointed out honestly. “The seating is assigned and the only open seats are in the back.” Infact he had offered the teacher a hundred dollars to give him a seat alone in the back row, Ms Olstien being nearly eighty years old and half blind made the back row perfect when she put up a slide show and he wanted to take a nap in the dark room. “I'm Dominic by the way, and you are welcome to sit next to me.”

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/54/Logan_Echolls.jpg/250px-Logan_Echolls.jpg

As Erin sat at the desk, arranging and rearranging her pens and notebook, she thought that perhaps she should have waited a little while before rushing off to school. With no one else around, she was feeling awkward and nervous. It was like there was a storm of butterflies in her stomach. She was never one to have such pessimistic thoughts, but as she sat there fiddling with her pens, she couldn't help but start to worry that maybe people wouldn't like her, or maybe because she had gone to so many different high schools that everyone would be smarter than her.

She had nearly been about to get up and go hide for a while in the girls bathroom when someone else came into the classroom and informed her that she couldn't sit there. Almost instantly, a blush flushed across her fair, freckled face and she quickly fumbled to put her stuff back in her bag. "Oh, I'm so sorry," she quickly stammered out quickly, "I didn't know. I'm new here. I've just transferred over and I just didn't know."

Great, she hadn't even been there for an hour and she already felt like she had ruined things. Even it was something just as simple as a seat, she felt like she had done something wrong. She wasn't the type of girl who ever did anything wrong. Perhaps the worst thing in her life she had ever done was left her shoes out in the middle of the hallway and her dad tripped over them.

Pushing a loose red curl back, Erin got up from her seat and swung her backpack over her shoulder. In the process, she managed to nearly hit him with it. "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. You must think I'm a fool or something," with a bashfully little smile, the red faced girl held out her hand. "I'm Erin Murphy and I'm awfully sorry for causing such trouble this early in the morning."

He was a little bit shocked to hear her say that she was sorry about where she sat, it was only a seat and not all the much of a big deal, the worst case scenario was that when someone arrived they would point out she was in their seat and she would just move to the back. A little bit of a pain in the ass but nothing to apologize for or worry about at all. The shock quickly gave way to pleasure though, a smirk on his face at the thought that she was so easily maneuvered, he would be able to get just about anything he wanted out of her very quickly and he wanted her right away.

“Its nice to meet you Erin and don't worry about it, I am more then happy to help you out seeing as how you are new to the school and all, in fact if you need anything I want you to come to me about it, I would be happy to help you.” Right now he was turning up the charm, despite the fact that he was well liked he knew she would be hearing about his reputation before to long from a disgruntled ex, better to make the best impression he could as early as possible and with that in mind he gave her his most winning smile, the one that got him just about everything he wanted without a dime even being spent... a smile that he had even practiced in front of a mirror in the past to make sure that it was perfect.

He had to move back a little bit to avoid the backpack but was at her side as soon as the moment had past, putting a hand on her elbow to gently, but rather firmly lead her to the back corner of the room next to where he sat and underneath one of the light bulbs that wasn't as brightly lit. Already a few people were starting to trickle in and take their seats, and Dominic slid into his own just as the teacher walked in, an older woman who walked with the aide of a cane. “She probably won't even notice that she has a new student in today.” Dominic warned with a whisper and a small chuckle. “Honestly she was ready to retire a few years ago but refuses to take her pension.”

Back
Top Bottom