Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Marriage, sex, and alternative lifestyles.

Considering marriage was a legal and social contract before religion took it over I see no connection between sex and marriage. I do not think sex is sacred either and do not believe that it should be reserved for any particular event or that virginity should somehow be prized; the only difference between a virgin and a non virgin is literally that one of them has had sex, you do not become a different person and it doesn't act as some gateway into slutty behaviour. The idea that sex should be saved for marriage is ridiculous, a marriage can exist without sex and should be based on something that transcends lust and can bring two people closer than any physical contact could. Personally if I were to get into a relationship with someone my own age (22) then I would expect them to have some experience (although if they didn't it wouldn't be a problem) and would prefer it if he/she knew what they were doing.

Sex (in all of its forms) is obviously a completely normal and way of either showing affection or having some fun. It feels good and it's enjoyable and it seems ridiculous to cloud a biological process with a religion that isn't natural and is man made and looks to opinion rather than fact. It seems silly to place rules on sex between two consenting people, it's like trying to control the weather, or telling the grass not to grow.

I used to be dead set on waiting for marriage to have sex I think it wasn't so much my religion (as even before I started to form my own beliefs as far as religion I had this thought of waiting) I think it was more that I didn't think of it as something "fun" to do or something to do with whomever I wanted to but something that is a form of commitment to another person a way to show love to another person in a physical manner and sharing a form of bond especially when you get to see each other naked and know that it doesn't matter because you already trust each other and are open with each other instead of feeling self conscious in front of a total stranger.

Though now I'm not so much set on the marriage part. Yes I want to wait for when I find someone that I'm meant to be with or that I feel that I want to share that bond or a form of commitment with but I don't think it requires marriage. I myself haven't had sex yet but just 'playing' around is fun so I know that sex can be so much more fun than just playing or fooling around but even then I don't just want to have it because I know it'll be fun and feel good, I want to have it to feel a sense of love and commitment with another person to feel wanted and desired by another person, sex to me is something more but can also be something fun. So basically it kind of differs for each individual :)

I've heard a lot of people want to wait because of religion but to me it's not just your beliefs that matter in that decision but I think a part of it that may play into it is when your married then you have already made a commitment with each other so no matter what happens like getting pregnant you can count on them to be there (or you hope you can) but when your not married I think it causes you to be more scared not only for yourself but your child because you don't know what to expect and are unsure if they will stick around for it. I think marriage gives people a sense of security with another person basically.

Back
Top Bottom