Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Raiders in the Dark(Chiffon&Caspian)

PickleChiffon

Supernova
Caroline rummaged through her dresser drawer. As a college student, her entire worldly possessions fit into this small room in the unisex dorms of the AlphaBetaPhi Frat. This was her second year, calling these four walls home, and while she loved knowing her housemates so well, things were starting to go awry. Like how in the hell did her panties seem to magically disappear and then reappear in her laundry pile?

Caroline sighed. She tried to keep her door locked, especially since she discovered the wandering panty issue at the beginning of the new semester, but it never failed. Gathering her laundry for the day, she headed to the basement to start her load, her mind filled with ideas for her midterm paper that was due in a couple of weeks, and trying to manage her time on such a beautiful Saturday morning.

She held the basket against her hip as she closed her door, and smiled as she brushed past one of her frat mates on the way to his room. She said hey but hurried on her way. If you didn’t get the washing machine first on Saturday morning, you didn’t get your laundry done until Tuesday!

Jared was in his second year and had become one of the dorm patrol "narcs" for a bit of extra cash and the opportunity to meet some of his fellow students. He wasn't like some of the other kids doing patrol. Some patrol kids were assholes, constantly trying to throw weight around like being a dorm patrol dork was like being chief of police. Jared was one of the "cool" patrol monitors. He wouldn't shut down the mini-parties that regularly went on, and he never busted people if someone brought a little pot into their room.

Jared was liked among his dorm mates and there was always less trouble when he was on duty. The small little parties also helped with Jared's hopeless obsession. Panties. Jared grew up in a house with his mother, his aunt and 4 female cousins. He was surrounded by panties in that house, and for some reason he grew a desire to collect them. When girls were partying in one room, he would either steal or "borrow" panties. "Borrowing" meant taking a pair back to his room, using them to stroke himself, and then putting them back. Usually he would wash them, but when it came down to it, sometimes he didn't have the time. He had access to the keys, but only while he was on duty. That made things tough, but it was toughest for the girl down the hall, Caroline.

She was always the go-to girl. She was also his favorite in the building. She was his dream girl, and her panties were always so much more exotic than the other girls. You wouldn't find white granny panties in her pile very often, and she seemed to be a big fan of lace and silk. Sometimes he would keep a pair of her underwear for a couple days. The feel of it against his skin made his skin buzz with excitement. Other days it was a quick tug and they were back in the laundry pile. He never even knew if the pile was clean or dirty. He just wanted the panties, but knew he could never keep them.

Caroline was nothing special. Oh she was in her mind, but she knew alot of people just saw her as the friendly motherly type. The one who’d listen to the boy troubles or the girl troubles, the one who’d sit with you through the break up or pregnancy scare. But beyond that, she was a ghost.

At 5’9 and a solid build, she had a curvy body, but usually she kept it well hidden from others. There were just some distractions she didn’t need while studying. Her aubrun hair was just below her shoulders and her green eyes were nicely accented by a pair of white and green half rimmed glasses.

She’d been an only child, her parents older, and the teachings they instilled ran deep. Education was everything. Failure was not an option, the degree must be had, and boys as more than friends would lead to chaos. Oh she flirted, and teased, but that’s where it ended. School was her priority. She wanted to make her folks happy.

Caroline settled in to the basement after setting her clothes to wash. She had gotten just a couple chapters in last week to her new book, and she was dying to delve further into it. Her promise to herself, to read only on laundry days.

Jared watched Caroline meander down to the laundry room, he was off duty and had no access to keys. He couldn't get into her room so he decided to head down to the laundry room and see if he could sneak in line next to her. Perhaps she would leave her laundry abandoned for a moment. At worst, perhaps he could just watch her unmentionables through the clear glass of the dryer.

Only once had Jared the courage to steal something from the dryers while they were still running. A girl from the floor above him abandoned her laundry for a moment to run upstairs to her room to get her Bio textbook. While she was upstairs he stole a pair of red lace panties from the dryer. They were mostly dry and so warm they nearly burned. He stuffed them down the front of his pants and moaned with delight. He was worried about time and put them back quickly, but he vowed to use a hot pair of panties out of the dryer to stroke himself in the future.

He walked into the laundry room and saw Caroline sitting, wrapped up in a book written by some lady named Jacqueline Carey. He didn't know who Kushiel was, or the significance of his dart, but it was somewhat irrelevant. "Hi Caroline, studying for that big psychology exam I see?" Jared grinned, flashing a confident smile.

Caroline blushed a deep crimson. She’d just been reading a detailed passage on the main character embroiled in a fairly intense sex scene. She hadn’t heard Jared come into the laundry room at all. She smiled sheepishly at him.

“Of course, didn’t you know the test is all based off the characters in this book?” She rolled her eyes as if to say “duh”. She marked her page and set the title down. She looked at him. “Didn’t you forget something?” She asked, a laugh thinly veiled by her teasing tone.

He didn’t have any laundry on him.

She had to laugh. Jared was sweet, but he had a bit of the absent minded professor quality about him, it made him kind of endearing. She laughed as it took him a moment to figure out what she was saying. The running joke had been to keep something shinny handy if you were planning on doing something against the house rules, so he could be easily distracted. Unfortunately, while she’d never done that to him herself, she’d seen the results, and when something worked as well as that did, well it got over used.

She smiled at him. “I’ll keep your spot if you actually do have laundry to do, while you go get it?” She offered good naturedly. She had always liked him as a friend, he was goofy and made her laugh and she wouldn’t mind having his company while she did her clothes.

"Thanks! It's good knowing there is someone out there who is willing to guard my underoo's from evildoers." Jared laughed. "Perhaps that would prevent me from losing a few pairs of socks!"

Jared ran up the stairs and gathered up enough clothes for his laundry. He really didn't need to do any today, so he ruffled up a couple t-shirts and threw them into the basket to make it look like a full load. Watching her underwear was fun, but he would always take the opportunity to talk to her if he could. Opportunities to sit alone with her were few and far between, so he had to take them where he got them.

He jogged down the stairs and brought his laundry down to the basement. He placed his basket on the table near the soap dispenser absentmindedly and turned his attention to Caroline,. Something about that book had made her blush, which meant there was all sorts of sexy tidbits in it. "So, tell me about the Kushiel guy's dart." He said with a grin.

Caroline looked back up at Jared, the flush still evident in her cheeks. “It’s actually about a girl, who has a blood red mote in her eye, called Kushiel’s Dart, it’s a mark that tells the world she enjoys pleasure mixed with pain.”

Caroline blushed deeper. She couldn’t believe she was having this conversation with Jared. She smiled sheepishly. They had known each other since high school, but it wasn’t until they joined the same frat, and began living in the same house, that they had really become more than just casual acquaintances. Now if someone asked, he was a friend, but one of those distant ones, someone too close to you to be just an acquaintance, but not close enough to be in her circle of true friends.

She smiled, blushing again as he leaned over her to read a passage. She could feel the heat rising in her cheeks, this particular passage described a full out orgasm by the main character, with another woman.

She bit her lip, hoping he didn’t judge her on her reading material.

Jared raised an eyebrow. "Pleasure with pain, huh? I must admit that I am intrigued." Jared leaned over and read a few lines. Jared blushed himself, and chuckled. He suddenly became conscious of a nudging in the front of his bluejeans and decided he needed to change the subject or at least take his eyes off of the erotic literature.

"Wow, that's some pretty intense literature." Jared chuckled awkwardly. "I've read things like that, but usually on the internet or in the back of a dirty magazine. Although I am sure this never started with 'Dear Playhouse, I never thought this would happen to me...'"

He really liked Caroline, and hoped that she wouldn't think he was a creep. He then chuckled inwardly knowing that if she knew he came down here to watch her panties tumble dry or that he'd been stealing them and putting them back - she'd definitely think he was a creep. It was that moment that he saw a small ridge of lace in his basket. The panties were concealed almost completely, but he knew now that a pair of panties was in his basket. He also knew that there was a good chance they belonged to Caroline. He knew she wouldn't notice from the distance they were at, but he also knew that he should have been more careful.

Caroline laughed as the washer buzzed indicating the load was done. She opened the dryer and began transferring her laundry. She smiled as she did so. Jared was too cute; she thought it was so endearing the way he seemed to trip over his own words whenever she was around. She closed the dryer indicating the washer.

“It’s all yours,” she said as she set the dryer temperature. With her back turned she didn’t see Jared dump his laundry into the washer, or the look of delight on his face at the pair of emerald and black lace panties she had accidently left in the bottom of the washer.

She sat back down as her clothes began to tumble in the dryer, flashes of jewel tones peaked from the mess. She flushed. She had always loved brightly colored panties, the idea of wearing something sexy under her jeans, just the slightest of turn ons, But at this moment she wished she had less flashy clothing, especially since Jared was here, watching it spin so obviously as well.

"So are you reading anything fun? Or have you just decided that text books are all the "fun" reading you'll have this semester?"

Jared was enjoying seeing Caroline's unmentionables rolling around inside the dryer. They were wet and would sometimes stick to the glass door, just for a second. Plastered against the viewing window as though it was put there for his sole enjoyment. The green and lace ones were new, he had never seen them before. He blushed a little, looking away from the window. She probably thought it was awkward and he didn't like acknowledging that he had intimate knowledge of her underthings.

He also thought about what they would look like while they were on Caroline, caressing her body, wrapping themselves around her waist and her ass and ... other parts. He suddenly found himself trying to distract himself of the thought of her panties and her body. He was starting to get that telltale tug in his trousers again.

“So not reading anything then huh?” She reiterated her earlier question that seemed to have gone ignored.

She let her eyes flick over him. He was tall, nearly 6’1 maybe just over. His hair was a deep auburn, and seemed the perfect color to match his hazel eyes. He had certainly turned into a fine looking young man, his build was strong and athletic with visibly powerful arms and legs. His shoulders were broad and tapered to his chest and then waist perfectly. She smiled as her eyes ran over his jeans, and then she looked away, quickly. He was handsome, no longer that awkward little boy from the down the street. Had it really been 10 years since his family had moved into the house four doors down from her parents place?

Time flies, she mused. Jared it seemed had lost his train of thought again. She laughed.

“What exactly are you looking at that, has you so entranced?” Her tone was light and teasing, hoping to draw him back into a conversation with her. She enjoyed his company, but sometimes when he spaced, it was difficult to being him back.

Jared's world came back into reality and shook his head. "Huh? Oh, sorry, I was thinking about... old times. Remember that time 10 years ago when you kissed me and ran away? I was just thinking about how you laughed and left me there rubbing my cheek wondering what was going on. I was so mad afterward, being 10 is a really weird time." Jared laughed.

Of course, whenever he saw Caroline he remembered that moment. It was the first time he looked at a girl as something other than someone who was not a boy. He, of course, lied when he said he got mad. In fact he went home and grinned like a moron for about an hour before his mother had seen the vacant look on his face. It was different from the "usual" vacant expression, so she just laughed at him when he explained what had happened. That was 10 years ago and while Caroline moved on with her friends and social circle, so did Jared. They hung around in different circles, Jared being a little more adventurous in his youth. Something that went with being the space cadet, he always guessed. Now he was in front of her, talking about something that changed his life all those years ago.

Caroline blushed a bit deeper. She remembered that day. It had been a dare from one of her other friends that she wouldn’t do it. But she had, which was part of why she’d run away after, embarrassed but strangely happy too. She laughed softly.

“I honestly barely even remember that.” She lied, but only partially.

She more vividly recalled the game of truth or dare that happened between the girls at the sleep over later that night better than the actual event of kissing him. She smiled at him. The next two summers had been a blur and then it seemed as if he became a bit of the rebellious sort. The kind girls love to dream about late at night, but for her, she stayed away. It seemed as though her sweet friend was gone, and somewhere in her heart, that had made her sad.

She looked at him, his hazel eyes warm and intently looking at her, and that was when the buzzer went on the dryer.

Caroline sighed.

It seemed as if there should be more to say, but there really wasn’t. She got up and pulled her laundry into her basket.

“Would you like me to load yours in to the dyer?” She asked as she turned to the washer which was spinning in the last moments of it’s cycle.

Jared nodded and immediately shook his head afterwards. "No thanks, I have my briefs in there, I would be embarrassed by that." Jared grinned a cool smile, but inside was terrified. He couldn't have her discovering that he had panties in his basket, especially if they were hers.

Jared looked to change the topic. "Really? I remember the day you kissed me like it was yesterday. I never told you, but you were the first girl to ever kiss me who wasn't related to me. It haunted me throughout high school, it's why I never talked to you." Jared blushed at the sudden outburst, something he always avoided. He guarded his thoughts pretty closely, it was strange being so open with her. Especially seeing as he remembered that kiss far more than any other single kiss in his life.

"I pretended like you were just another icky girl, but in reality... I had a huge crush on you until I started dating in grade 11."

Caroline watched him intently. Some how his confession tugged at her heart strings. She laughed softly.

“Until you started dating huh? Then you realised there were more adventurous more fun girls out there than me.”

She rolled her eyes. She wouldn’t have given him the time of day in high school; their crowds had diverged so much. She was the top of the class, untouchable, goody two shoes, and he...well he had been the opposite of that really. In fact there were days last year she’d been amazed at how he had weaseled his way into university, given his marks.

Caroline watched him as he shuffled his wet laundry into the dryer, admiring the movements of the muscles in his back. He certainly had grown into his body. No longer gangly and awkward, his form was solid and well muscled, betraying his athletic side. She worked on folding her laundry then replacing it in the basket, not quiet wanting to leave this little sanctuary of time they seemed to have created together.

Jared was trying to find someway to prolong their meeting together. He really didn't want Caroline to leave, but didn't know how to ask her to stay either. He knew that they had drifted apart somewhat over the years, but he didn't think they were THAT different, despite a few differences in the people they hung around with. They had some mutual friends of friends, but their own groups never seemed to cross over directly.

"Well, yeah, basically once I realized we weren't in the same circles and you never had an interest in me in that kind of way, I just sort of... stopped pining. The girls I dated were a little more... well, they were a little more outwardly adventurous. But..." Jared chuckled "none of them came up and kissed me for no apparent reason either. Perhaps that's what started the infatuation."

She looked at Jared and scoffed.

“I wasn’t interested in you? That is too funny. Tell me darling, just what do you think it means when a girl kisses you for no reason?” She was still smiling, enjoying the banter, but she picked up her laundry.

Let him think on that for a while.

She smiled and tossed him a wink, as she left and headed back to her room to put things away. She shook her head as she climbed the stairs. He was definitely a boy. Thicker than molasses sometimes.

She had always liked him, had hoped at one point that in that great happy ending all girls dreamed of, that he was her Prince. Unfortunately that hadn’t panned out. Though if she was honest there still was a prick of longing every time see looked at him. He was very attractive, and the girls seemed to love his humour and style.

Caroline sighed as she dumped her laundry on her bed and began sorting it to put away.

Jared sighed with both relief and disappointment as Caroline gathered up her laundry and wandered up the stairs.

He also thought about what may have been. She basically confessed that when they were young, she liked him. Something he had never considered as he got older. Women were always so confusing. Sometimes something mean something and others something meant nothing. And nothing rarely meant anything, but anything could mean everything and even if you covered everything you always forgot something and that something was actually everything all along.

He went to his laundry and gathered it up. Somehow he was going to have to get that underwear back to it's owner. Just for fun, in this case though, he was going to give her the one piece back. It had been washed and clean. He inspected them, making sure they were hers. Luckily, they were. Black with an edge of lace and see-through at the back. One of his favorites, actually. He had "borrowed" them twice. They always made it back to her, but they were always abused a couple times before he washed them. These were still in good shape, but they didn't look quite as non-abused as they did when he borrowed them this time.

Jared gathered up his clothes and made his way up the stairs. He dropped his laundry onto the bed. Before sorting it though, he had a job to do. He walked out into the hall and over to Caroline's room and knocked on Caroline's door, her panties folded delicately and hidden inside the kangaroo pouch of his "Win Win" hoodie.

Caroline closed the door to her room and dumped her laundry out on the bed. She had a process. She began sorting out the “hangables”; folding her jeans the way she liked them, and piling in her shirts, leaving the socks panties and bras on the bed. She hung up the clothes and then turned to sorting out her socks and matching them into pairs, picking out her bras and setting them directly into her bra drawer, and that left her panties.

She frowned.

Leave it to the frat house washer/dryer to eat panties instead of socks.

She pulled through the mess, she was missing her new emerald and black lace pair, and a she was fairly certain her favourite black pair had been eaten last week.

Caroline blanched.

The green pair she knew had been in her laundry, and she wondered with horror if she’d left them in the dryer, which meant they were maxed up with Jared’s clothes. She sighed. Now wasn’t that just humiliating.

Jared knocked on the door and waited for the reply. He was excited to use the panties to see Caroline again, well, that and as he had his hands in the pouch of his hoodie he was fingering the soft, sheer fabric. It felt smooth, with a soft roughness to the lace. It was a texture that nothing from his own wardrobe would ever match. He closed his eyes and felt the fabric between his thumb and forefinger one last time before the door swung open and he was faced with the already blushing face of Caroline.

His own blush matched hers, the heat rising to his face. "Ummm, these belong to you I think." He held out panties, folded into an bundle that couldn't readily be discerned.

Caroline blushed a deep crimson when she opened her door to find Jared, standing there. She went even darker as he pulled out a black bundle from the pouch of his hoodie. She took them from him, taking a moment to realise they were her black panties she had just been thinking about.

“OhmygodIamsosorry!” She said in a rush, though slightly confused.

These ones she had been certain were missing from last weeks laundry, not this weeks. Oh well, she had them back that’s all that mattered. She looked up at Jared, laughing at the slight blush in his cheeks.

“ummm awkward,” she laughed slightly self consciously. She looked behind her, the jewelled tones of her underwear strewn on her bed.

“I’d invite you in, but I am still kinda going my laundry. Thank you though for returning these.” She leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before closing her door on him. She leaned back heavily against the door.

Note to self, double check the washer and dryer before leaving the laundry room!!!!

Jared stood at the door for another 2 minutes before walking back to his room down the hall. He hadn't been expecting the kiss and was pleasantly surprised when he received it, only to have the door closed closed on him. He pondered, wondering if it was worth taking the risk to give her another pair. The blush, by itself, was worth it to see.

Jared laid back on his bed and thought about Caroline. He still had one pair of her panties sitting in the drawer of his captain's bed. He kept the panties in there for easy access. He pulled the pair out and felt the fabric in his hands, watching his finger tips through the sheer fabric. He loved the softness of it. He was certain that if he had time he could have found some racier items, but that was for another day. For now he was just happy to have made a small reconnection with Caroline.

Caroline quickly finished putting away the laundry. She couldn’t believe the rash of her luck. Poor Jared, she thought as she stuffed her unmentionables into the drawer. She looked about her room, and decided it was too small for the day.

Grabbing her wallet tucking it into the back pocket of her jeans she grabbed a light zip up sweater and left. Today was going to be one of those days where coffee would be muchly appreciated! She walked down the side of the campus to the quiet little coffee shop on the corner. She bought a paper and her caramel macchiato, then found herself a chair in the corner and began to read over the days news. She tried desperately to push Jared and his cute flush from her mind.

Last thing she needed was to let her infatuation with him take control of her life.

It was almost time for dorm duty. It was a Saturday night, so things would be fairly crazy. He typically did weekend shifts unless he owed someone a favour. This year he didn't have to work on all the study nights, not ideal, but Jared was always able to get by without studying. Sure, he would never graduate magna cum laude, but that was fine by him. A degree was always just a means to an end.

He got his keys for the student patrol office(the narc box as it was referred to by everyone else) and looked at all the cool things in there. There were all sorts of contraband that had been appropriated over the years. There was even a couch in there that had been stolen from another dorm, only to be "requisitioned" by this dorm's campus patrol. It had been there for years, so there was obviously no desire for the other dorm to come looking for it.

There were megaphones, walkie-talkies, crossing guard uniforms, beer bongs, non-beer bongs, bicycles and most importantly: the master keys. Jared signed a waiver stating he would never use them unless a dire emergency. There was a glass plate that went over the master key, but the box slid off of the key when a clever patrolman (or woman) sheared all the rivets holding the box to the wall. Anyone could take the key, but since there were only a handful of student patrol in the dorm nearly nobody did except to glue people's belongings to their ceilings, or to transport people who passed out into the football field while still in their bed. Harmless stuff, really.

Jared took the key from the box on the wall and smuggled the other pair of panties into Caroline's room. He wadded them up and tucked them deep down the side of her underwear drawer, just to make Caroline think they were there all the time. He was without a pair of Caroline's panties for the meantime, but that would change sooner or later. He snuck out of the room and closed the door. He walked down the narrow hall and turned a right around a corner right into Caroline as she came up the stairs. He blushed a little and found himself a little nervous, thinking about how close he was to getting caught. The flash of him stroking himself into a pair of panties darted across his mind. "Of course I washed those... didn't I?"he thought to himself. He smiled to Caroline and grinned. "Any trouble to report there miss?" He grinned but inwardly he recognized exactly how stupid it felt and sounded.

Caroline looked up and jumped. She smiled at Jared.

“Nope nothing to report, all is fine on the western coffee house front,” she raised her cup and winked at him. Why was he so corny? She shook her head as he grinned. It was so unbelievably easy to get caught up in his corniness, maybe that’s why he did it, it made everyone engage with him.

She moved past him in the narrow hall, towards her door. She fumbled for her keys as she tried not to spill the remnants of her coffee. Caroline frowned. Her door was unlocked. She had been fairly certain she had locked it before leaving earlier. She looked at Jared who was watching her, she arched an eye brow at him.

“The doors unlocked, that’s odd. Wanna do a sweep and make sure no one is hiding in my closet?” Her tone was teasing but truth be told Caroline’s heart was beating rapidly. She hated being alone, hated having to close everything off in the night, and having her door left unlocked was giving her serious anxiety, especially since her mind screamed that she HAD locked it.

She stepped back to make way for Ranger Jared to serve and protect. Caroline laughed softly. Ranger Jared. There was a new one.

Back
Top Bottom