Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the King's service (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

Aurora shook her head she had a puzzled look all over her face, "I do not understand what you are saying Robert, that you feel like your trap? Like a servant? but why, is it the fact that we now have a family that ties you down? or the fact that I wanted to help my family and not have you do it for me? I don't understand what scares you makes you feel like your at a dead end"

"I told you it was my own doing, and that I wouldn't want to change anything even if I could. Its just feelings, don't you see they don't make sense, and they don't have to? Please just hug me and help me get over them. Know that I love you, and wouldn't change any of that for anything. You can't fix my feelings anymore than I could fix yours, but a hug goes a long way." He pulled her close to him. "please" he said.

Aurora was still puzzled and felt like she had failed him some how. She did as he asked and hugged him a for a few moments before pulling away, "I need to go feed the children" she said softly and kissed him on the cheek. she then disappeared upstairs and began to feed to the boys. She sat in the chair just starring out at nothing really wondering what was happening.

Lilly walked in the room while she fed the boys. "Are you two alright?" she asked. "I isn't often you see a strong man like that so broken, is there anything I can do?"

"I have no idea mother, I do not understand what is going on with him and he is not saying anything that make sense, so no i don't know if we are alright, and I don't know if there is anything you can do to help" She sighed and looked down at the boys. "I thought things were going well, just yesterday everything was perfect, now this"

Aurora shook her head. "I don't know something about not having any choices and feeling like a servant" Aurora sighed she was at a loss.

"you should find out whats troubling him. A man doesn't get that upset over nothing." she said

"I tried mother, but he did not say anything else, and I am afraid if i force him it will just make things worse" She finished feeding the boys and put them back in their cribs she then picked up Lilith and began to feed her.

"Well dear, if it upset him that badly, you need to know. But you better listen very carefully to what he says, because what you are telling me doesn't make much sense. I think something got lost in communication between you two. He was a powerful man, that gave up a lot to be with you, and he was happy until today. Something happened. You need to know what, and need to work with him to fix it. One thing is sure, its not all him or you, and you have to work together to solve it.

Aurora looked down at her daughter try to think of the best way to approach the subject with Robert but she was falling short on ideas. She sighed at her mother "you make it seem as though I don't know my own husband, I know he is upset, I know about who he was I am worried and I have tried to talk to him. I am trying to understand but if he chooses not to explain it to me then there is little I can do except be there and wait for him to tell me."

"My dear, I wasn't criticizing, just sharing my experience. Men are strange creatures. Not steady like women. They can tolerate horrible conditions, and unbearable stress that would break a woman, and then comes a day when suddenly they just come apart over seemingly nothing. He is just like your father. He can handle whatever it is that's the problem, he just doesn't know he can. He needs you to help him realize it."

"They are certainly strange and I have added two more the human race. Lord help us" she laughed a little as she finished feeding Lilith and placed her back in crib. she looked at her mother and smiled. "Thank you mom, i just hope he talks to me sooner rather than later, i do not like this silence"

Robert was standing in the kitchen in silence when Lilly came down the stairs and passed by him on her way to her bedroom where Liam was sleeping. "Aurora is upstairs" she said " waiting for you". He walked up the stairs and into the bedroom where Aurora was just putting Lilith down , he breasts still not covered. "You mom said you were waiting for me." he said " what did she mean?".

aurora finished putting Lilith in her crib when she heard him behind her, she turned and did up her blouse, "i am not sure exactly what she meant, but I am waiting for you to talk to me, and explain to me what is going on with you"

Robert looked forlorn. "I have told you but I can't make you understand. I have tried." he said. He had a clear look of frustration on his face. He could not grasp why she didn't see. "I have told you my feeling were just as yours were when I treated you like a servant in my kingdom. Tell me how that felt". he said.. "say it out loud"

Aurora thought a moment then looked at him "I felt trapped, I felt like my life was never going to be anything worth living, I felt like all i was going to be in yours eyes was a servant, and mistress." she looked down "are you saying you feel trapped and your life is not worth living?"

"No.." he said "I guess I was wrong. I thought you knew I loved you, and what that meant, I don't feel life is not worth living, but I do feel somewhat trapped. That much is true." I used to be able to determine my own destiny, and now I cannot. So yes I do feel trapped. But even though I am trapped, I am not unhappy, just a little afraid. I have never had to trust anyone but my self, but now I must. It scares me, i cant help it. I know its wrong, but i just cant help it.

Aurora looked at him and shook her head. "I don't understand why you feel so trapped here, what gave you that impression all of a sudden, I mean your free to spend as much time with your children as you like, hunt with the other men if you wanted to, enjoy friends, we can be together any time we like, I mean really the only thing i don't see you being able to do is to feed the children but that time will come sooner than you think"

You see it exactly as I did until I tried to help your father lead. At that point I realized that all things I'm free to do are by someone else's good graces. In this case your family's. When I tried to lead, you corrected me and said that you would do that and I could spend time with the children. You did nothing wrong, it was your right not mine, and your decision to make. I have never in my life been in that position. It scared me, even though I had nothing to fear. Just as you had nothing to fear in my care. None the less, you felt trapped.

Aurora sighed a little. "that was not my intention at all Robert, and you know that i explain it to you before. But i will once again explain it to you, i was just trying to give you a chance to relax a chance to breath. What i was offering was not a something that was long term just a few weeks." she drew a deep breath. "I am going to tell you something that you are not going to like to hear and i know that, that is why we have all let you believe it. My mother has more power here then my father." she looked down at her children, "when the time comes it is not going to be the boys that take over it is going to be Lilith if she wants to"

"I guess you still don't understand what I am saying. Whether you lead or I do, who has more power now, the boys or the girls, doesn't matter to me. It was a coincidence that that was the occasion for my full understanding of my situation. It could have been any event. What scared me was the realization of what I had actually given up. Until that moment, I hadn't realized it. I'm still not sorry, but it is none the less a frightening thing to me."

Aurora shook her head, "No I guess i don't understand, because when you talked about leaving your world behind i asked you if something like this would ever bother you, and I guess it does, I knew you could never be happy here, if your that of afraid of what you had given up, i guess will never be truly happy here, with me and children." she sunk down on to the chair she couldn't look at him anymore

" You didn't listen!" he said. " I SAID I WAS NOT SORRY I DID WHAT I DID, AND I'M NOT. WHY IS IT SO IMPOSSIBLE TO YOU THAT SOMETHING MIGHT HONESTLY SCARE ME? Men do lots of things that scare them, that they never regret. All I wanted was for you to understand." He got up and walked out, and headed back to the cabin in the woods. He went in, closed the door and lay on the bed. He felt broken at that moment.

Aurora sighed and shook her head she did not understand, she couldn't, his fear made no sense to her, not at all, she tried to understand but even thinking on it did not make sense, how could he be happy but afraid all at the same time, fear signaled unhappiness. she just let him go, it was useless to talk about any longer.

Back
Top Bottom