Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the King's service (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

Aurora stopped her pacing back and forth and looked at him after he spoke. She moved a little closer to him and spoke softly to him. "I am as stubborn as my mother and father put together." She smiled a little. "But given time I can look at things other ways, that is if you are willing to as well. there is more to life then your view or my view, in the end it should be our view" She was now standing infront of him the harshness from her face faded.

Robert wanted to tell her he had been saying that all night, which he had, but thought better of it. "You are right, he said smiling that is exactly how it should be, and that is why you should not be afraid of how my kingdom will react. All they will ever see is OUR view. Just as with your parents. I have just two requests. one, ALWAYS remember I LOVE YOU. and two, don't ever run away again. We can always talk it out, always find OUR view if we keep talking. Will you do that much?

Aurora looked at him, "I know what our views are are important for the kingdom however it is just as important for the sake of our marriage, we may not always agree but we should agree to try atleast" She looked at him a moment. "I know you love me, as i hope you know i love you, as for your second request it may be better at times when things get heated that we take a few moments a part, lock in a battle of wills may not always be for the best"

"I am not asking for you to lock in a battle of wills, but please don't run away. Instead, please hug me and let me hug you, so that we will remeber that there is something more important than your will or mine. It's hard to fight with someone who is hugging you dont you think?" Robert pulled her into his arms and hugged her deeply, not letteing go. "This my love is what I want to do instead of arguing."

Aurora's arms wrapped around him. she hugged him back as her head rest against his chest. She was not feeling an intamte mood however she was feeling as though she could be affectionate to him. "So can say our first fight as a married couple over?" She questioned him softly.

I certainly hope so, he said it was long enough for me," he said, hugging her then kissing her on the forehead. He looked down at the plate of food which had gone completely cold and uneaten. "Do you suppose your mother might consent to feed us?" he said with a smile. "I do believe we will at least be allowed in the house now." He gave her a squeeze. and leaned down to kiss her, waiting to see if things were really alright.

Aurora nodded. a little and then kissed him back. Her kiss was gently not full of passion, but it still held the love she had for him. She looked at the food. "I am really not all that hungry, more wore out by the events of the day than anything else. But if you are hungry i am sure my mother will be happy to give you more food, and ask a million questions on what happen"

"And that's her right, but the answers will be OUR answers. not mine, and not yours. We are both stubborn. The practice will do us both good. He picked up the tray and holding her tightly to him they walked up to the main house and in the front door. Her mother greeted them with a look and a "well???" Robert looked at Aurora, and kissed her this time a little harder. "enough said?" he asked her mother. "I'm sorry, this got cold before we could eat it. Is there any hope of a little fresh food? at least one of us is starving." He pulled aurora into his arms facing him and hugged her deeply, not letting go. "I love you more than ever my dear." he said.

Lillian smiled she was glad to see the two getting along again. She took the tray and dissappeared into the house for a few moments she returned with another tray. "Alright you two, i am glad you are doing better, now go enjoy some dinner and then some rest. You both look like you can use it."

Robert walked her outside and they sat at a table under a tree. They ate quietly and Robert looked in her eyes almost continuously. "What is going on in your heart my dear. Tell me what you are feeling?" he asked. We are to travel home tomorrow. Does that trouble you still?

Aurora sat at the table with him and picked at her food she was not really hungry but tried to eat a little. she looked at him. "I would lying if i said i wasn't sad about leaving here tomorrow. I love it here. I hope and will try to love your kingdom and treat it as my home, but what if I can't, what if no matter what i try this will always be home to me."

"We will cross that bridge together then. there is no more you, and there is no more I, there is only we. There is no more mine, only ours. This place is no more your home, it is part of our home. We cant leave it for long. Where we will go is no more my kingdom, it is our kingdom. I cannot lead it alone, only we can. So don't worry any more about whether you can do it or whether will do this or that. We will do it all....as one. That is what we promised after all. He held her hand as he said it and finished with a kiss.

Aurora looked down. "I know, but still i struggling with leaving" She drew a deep breath and move to sit next to him. Her head rested on his shoulder. Watching as he finished eating.

Robert stopped for a moment, he looked at the sadness in her eyes and it melted him. He had to admit he was a slow learner. This wasn't a logical thing, and no amount of persuasion would take away her fears. Her body language was speaking volumes, and he was finally starting to hear it. Robert put his arm around her and held her. "I know I cant take away the pain, but I am here for you, and I always will be. We should be able to build a home for your parents within a few months and we will bring them to you for as long as they wish to stay."

Aurora leaned into him when he put his arms around him, finally she felt some comfort in what he said as if he finally understood what she was saying. " Thank-you my love I would love for them to be able to visit. But still its going to be hard to leave this place"

"It will be hard for me too dear. This is a wonderful carefree place, I feel blessed to be able to feel at home here." Do you suppose your parents would object to us building a summer home here? A place for just us and the kids when we come here? Would you like that? We can afford it you know. What do you think?"

Aurora smiled a little bit more. "I would they would love the fact that we would have a home here, they would know I would never forget this place that i always want to be a part of it, that we always want to be a part of it." She kissed his cheek again. "Thank you for understanding, and I hope that my fears are unfounded. And that your home soon feels like my home as well. and it becomes our home"

Robert stood up with her and wrapped his arm around her and walked her back in the house, carrying the empty tray, which he set on the table. He walked her over to her father and said "Liam, Aurora and I need to buy some land and hire a carpenter. Do you know a good carpenter and where we might find about an acre?" he looked down at her, smiled and kissed her.
Liam said with a stern face, " You'll not buy land in my kingdom!" he saw his daughters face fall." then a big smile came over his face"I'll give you thre acres! as to a carpenter, you'll have the best in my kingdom." "You do realize this is for a vacation home, don't you Liam? We still need to return to our kingdom tomorrow, and I'm hoping you and Lilly will come and be our guests. We need to be married there as well for the sake of our people. They don't yet know their queen." We would consider your attending a great honor.

Aurora smiled as her father said they would be able to build a home here. She then looked at Robert as they said would be married when they returned. She bit her lip a little, afraid to speak in case it caused another argument but she decided to ask any way. "My love, I don't know what your feelings are, but if being married again in your kingdom is unimportant to you, how about instead we have a party, and invite everyone, not just your nobles and your minsters. Everyone, the towns people, the maids, the servants, the slaves, everyone. instead of having a marriage ceremony in front of your nobles and your cabinet. You are my husband already."

"oh my dear we will have a party! the biggest my kingdom has ever seen!" But we must get married ther too, it is part of your coronation. I know that such things mean little here, but it is important to my people. It will bring them joy. Especially when they meet you. You will be considered the mother of the kingdom!"

Aurora nodded a little. It was strange to her to think the kingdom was dictated but such rules. In her eyes they would just go through the steps of for the sake of a title, to her marriage wasn't about that. "Alright if that is how things are done. But if we are doing for the sake of being queen it is unneeded in my eyes your my husband and that is all that matters."

Robert looked sad thinking that she didn't want to be involved in his family customs. "Will you please do this as a gift to me, just because it makes me happy?" He wanted to see her feeling a part of who he was and accepting that, but she seemed to resist anthing to do with what he had called home. He felt rejected.

Aurora looked at him she smiled at him, "the only reason I am willing to this is for you my love. If this what you want then so be it, if makes you happy I will do it. I was just not sure you wanted to because you kept saying it was important for your people to see, never once did you say you wanted to"

Don't you see my love, that when you say my people don't matter to you, that it hurts me? I can't stop loving them, they are part of me. I love your people as my own, can't you love mine as well. You will be their queen, they will love you, can't you find it in your heart to love them?

Aurora looked down a little then back up. "If I can be honest with you love, it is tough to love people that only show you cruelty, just because of your place in the world. You must remember the only ounce of kindness I ever saw was from you. Not your people. I want try to like them but it tough to think that they may only may like me since my postion has changed." She paused a moments "but that's not why I don't want to get married in your kingdom, marriage is most importantly about us not want the rest of the world thinks"

Back
Top Bottom