Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Day Before You (closed for MoonlightRomance and Josu_T)

Josu_T

Supernova
Tim was feeling quite nervous. He had made a big decision and now he needed to go through with it. He could chicken out and end up not saying anything, but he didn't want that. It was about time he go through with it. He had been waiting for the right moment for a long time but always ended up getting scared and backing off. This time he would finally say it. He would finally confess his feelings to her. He would finally say to her directly that he loved her and had loved her for years. He just hoped she would say she felt the same way.

Tim had set it up this time. She was his best friend. They had been best friends for a very long time. They always spent a lot of time together. He had secretly been in love with her for years. Now it was winter break in their final year of high school. He wanted to tell her before they graduated. When he had learned that her parents were going away for a while he saw that as his chance. He had offered to spend time with her at her house so she wouldn't feel lonely over the holiday. He would have time to pick the right moment to tell her, but he wanted to do it as soon as possible.

He knew they didn't need much time to plan. He was expecting an answer from her soon. He had his things ready. He had a gift for her for Christmas and everything he thought he might need. He didn't know what to expect from her after he told her. He stood in his room, getting himself mentally prepared as he combed his short brown hair over and over, trying to make it look perfect. He had dressed his 6'3", broad frame in a short sleeved shirt with a collar and a few buttons at the top, but not going too far down, and a pair of casual, but nice, tan pants. His light blue eyes surveyed his appearance in the mirror. He was happy with it. He knew there was nothing more he could do other than wait. Every few seconds he looked at his phone, expecting it to announce her reply at any moment.

Roxanne was sitting on her bed with her phone in her hands as she typed out a response to him quickly. "Sure, you know I'd love the company. I love you." The text read. She hit the 'Send' button and sat her phone on the bed beside her. Roxy always told him she loved him and though she meant it as much more than his best friend she was sure he took it as nothing more than in the brother and sister way that best friends loved each other. Of course, Roxy didn't know what he was planning to tell her nor did she know the lengths he was going to, to make sure that it was perfect. As Roxy stood from her bed, she held the towel wrapped around her so that it didn't fall. She had just gotten out of the shower, finding Tim's text asking if she would like some company while her parents were away. She walked over to her closet, trying to decide on what to wear.

After a few moments of looking over her clothes she finally decided on a pair of comfortable jeans that were light blue in color and a black 'Nickelback' t-shirt that Tim had gotten her as a birthday present last year. It was a bit faded just from her wearing it so much, but she was sure it would make him smile to see her in it. Upon getting dressed Roxanne stood in front of her mirror, brushing her long, soft and curly chocolate brown colored hair as she did. She had decided to keep it down instead of tying it back into a pony tail, remembering Tim saying on several occasions that he liked it when she wore her hair down. She sat the brush on her dresser and put in a pair of Indigo guitar pick ear rings, also slipping her class ring on before examining herself in the mirror. Roxy's Emerald eyes examined her reflection in the mirror, looking for any flaws as she decided if their should be any last minute changes. In the back on her mind she wandered if she should put any make up on, but decided against it. Were it any other guy coming over she wouldn't have given it a second thought and would have dolled herself up, but with Tim she knew he didn't care if she had make up on or not. After finally finding herself presentable she returned to her bed, sitting down and awaiting a reply from him. As she waited she looked at her dresser, looking at the box that was already wrapped; it was Tim's Christmas gift. "I hope he likes it."

Tim's phone rang and he smiled as he read the response. He was glad to be going over there. He once again went through what he would say to her in his head. He had done it a thousand times already, but he wanted to say it just right. He knew it was silly, but he felt as if he didn't say it just right then he would not get the response he was hoping for. He took a deep breath to calm himself and then grabbed his bag. He read the last three words of her message again. How he wished she meant that as more than just friends. He was certain she had meant it only as a friend though. He would learn for sure soon enough.

He left his house and started to walk the familiar route to Roxanne's house. He noticed it was a bit cold, but he was sure he would be fine. It wasn't too far. He thought about going back and getting a coat, but decided against it. He didn't want anything to stop him now. He sent her a message in return simply saying he was already on his way. He'd be there in just a few minutes. After it was sent he knew there was no turning back without having to come up with an explaination as to why he didn't show up.

He found himself walking quickly as he tried to avoid getting too cold and as he looked forward to seeing her again. He was always happy when he was around her. When he got to her door he stopped. He yet again thought about what he would say when the moment came. He had been to her house often enough that it was a comfortable environment. He opened the door and took a step inside. He slowly shut the door behind him, not noticing the first few snowflakes falling and the clouds really covering the sky. He called out to Roxanne. "Hey, I'm here!"

After a few minutes of waiting Roxy stuck her phone in her jean pocket before leaving the room and turning off the light behind her. She headed down stairs and into the kitchen, opening the fridge Roxanne looked for something to drink It was then that her phone went off as he sent the text message saying that he would be there soon. "Be careful out there. See you soon." She sent, but she didn't expect a reply to him. After sending it she grabbed a Orange Powerade out before closing the door. She then jumped up, taking a seat on the counter. As she waited for Tim's arrival, she looked out the window, feeling relief when she saw that it was just beginning to snow "At least the weather isn't bad out, yet."[\i] She thought to herself and as she continued to look out the window Roxanne became lost in thoughts of her and Tim and what she hoped they would one day become.

A few minutes later she found her thoughts were interrupted when Tim came through the door and announced his arrival. "I'm in here!" She said loud enough for him to hear from the kitchen. Roxy picked up her drink and phone before getting down from her seat on the counter. "Do you want anything to drink?" She asked, pausing at the refrigerator as she awaited his answer.

Tim heard Roxanne in the kitchen and smiled. He loved the sound of her voice. For him it always made him smile. Today, however, it made him a little nervous. The closer he got to her the more real it got. He was going to tell her, no matter what. It would just take some time to get up the nerve now that they were actually there in the same place. He fought the urge to leave and walked slowly toward the kitchen, dropping his bag in the hall.

When he got to the door of the kitchen he saw her there. His heart skipped a beat. She was as beautiful as she always was. He noticed her wearing the shirt he had given to her. That made him happy. It also helped him relax a little. He remembered how good their friendship was and he knew that even if she didn't really love him like he loved her, their friendship would likely stay strong. Just that thought really eased his mind and made him less nervous. It wasn't the right moment yet to tell her, but when it came he would be ready.

He realised she had offered a drink a few seconds later and snapped out of his thoughts. He smiled at her and walked over to the table. "Sure, whatever you have that is most convenient is just fine. I'm sure you know what I'll like." He paused for a second and then continued. "So, your parents really decided to leave you alone for the holidays? How long will they be gone?"

Roxanne heard his footsteps as he made his way to the kitchen and heard his bag hit the floor before she actually saw Tim, but when she finally did see him in the door, a smile formed on her lips. Seeing him always made her happy, but the more she came to terms with her feelings for Tim, it also made her nervous, too. It made her wander even more what their future would be if she were to confess her feelings to him and it also made her fear the rejection she was certain he would give her. "If I knew you were going to be dressing up I would have worn something nicer." Roxy said to him, almost sure that he would insist that she looked beautiful in anything. Or maybe she was just hoping he would.

As he walked over to the kitchen table Roxanne returned his smile with one of her own. Then, when he gave her an answer she opened the fridge, getting out a bottle of Mountain Dew before closing the door, walking over to meet him at the table and handing it to him. "Yeah, they went on a second honeymoon, they'll be gone a week. Which is just fine with me." Roxy told him, the smile still on her face. "It gives me an excuse to hang out with my favorite person in the world."

Tim smiled at her. She seemed to know what to say to make him happy. He took the drink from her and opened it, taking a sip. Once it was set down at the table and he looked over at her in all seriousness. "You know you shouldn't worry about the way you look. You always look nice. You would be beautiful even if you wore a garbage bag. Plus, I really like that shirt on you. Anyway, I'm glad you want to spend time with me." He drank more of the Mountain Dew. He was really happy that she felt he was her favorite person in the world. It gave him even more hope.

He suddenly remembered he wanted to make sure she had her christmas gift from him under her tree before he confessed his feelings to her. He quickly went and grabbed it out of his bag. He returned to the kitchen and handed it to her. "Here, this is for you to open on Christmas morning. Don't expect any hints though." He chuckled and then quickly finished his drink. It helped with his thirst, but also with calming his nerves more. He put the empty bottle down. He quickly changed the topic away from the gift. "So, what do you want to do first?"

Roxy couldn't help but to smile again when he said what she had expected him too. "Tim, you know I love you but you and I both know I wouldn't look the least bit attractive in a garbage bag and you only like this shirt on me because you're the one who gave it to me." Roxy said before leaning across the table and kissing him on the cheek after he was done taking a drink from the bottle. She just hope he didn't react badly to the kiss. "Need me to get you another bottle, Tim?" Roxy asked when she saw his bottle was mostly empty.

She watched him as he left for a brief moment as he went to the hall where he had dropped his bag earlier. When he returned to her with a wrapped box in his hand Roxy didn't even try to guess what it was. It could be anything and she knew he had probably bought something she would never guess. The two had been friends for so long that they didn't need to ask the other if they liked something in order to know if they would like it or not. "You know I have my ways of getting it out of you if I really wanted any hints." She said. Roxanne went over to the fridge, getting him another Mountain Dew and handing it to him. "Well, I was thinking we might watch a movie. You can pick which one, if you want."

Tim had been a little surprised by the kiss on the cheek. If only she knew what she did to him every time she did that. He smiled as she mentioned knowing how to get him to tell her about the gift. He was determined not to tell her though. When she mentioend the movie he grinned. He had been sure it was what she would suggest. He was happy with watching a movie with her. He didn't know what movie to watch though. If it was the right movie it could create the moment for him to tell her. If they watched the wrong movie they would still enjoy themselves, but he would miss out on a chance to tell her. He would have other chances, but the sooner he got it done, the better.

He didn't answer her for the movie choice just yet, but he did say, "A movie sounds nice." He walked into the livingroom and looked through the movie choices. He tried to think of what might happen if they watched each type. He felt a lot of pressure to choose right. Eventually he gave up and looked over at her. "You know what, you pick. Any movie you want. Don't even think about what I might like. I want you to choose the movie you most want to watch today."

When Tim walked into the living room she followed him, walking over to the Christmas Tree and placing the wrapped box he had handed her under it. "I think you know what movie I'm going to pick." Roxy warned him with a soft laugh. "How about The Notebook? Is that alright with you?" Rox asked, not even having to go and look through the movies to pick one. "It's up in my room, but I have to get your gift anyway." Of course, without knowing it she had picked one of the perfect movies to set the mood and to held with the mood they probably would be cuddling on the couch while watching it. Roxy headed for the stairs. "Do you want to come up with me?" She asked. "Your gift is wrapped so you won't ruin the surprise by coming."

Tim could have guessed the movie she would pick, if he had thought about it. He was fine with it. It wasn't something he would watch with other friends, but with her it was fine. It was even more fitting now. He remembered last time they had watched it. She had cuddled up close to him. He had assumed it was more for comfort than anything else. He hoped she would do the same again this time. He smiled, knowing he couldn't have picked better.

He watched her move toward the stairs. At her offer he thought for a moment. "No, you go. I think I'll make us some popcorn and pour some drinks." He knew he would just start to feel more nervous if he went into her room. He wanted to stay focused. He was calm, he had to avoid reversing that feeling.

"Okay." Roxy said and smiled at Tim before going up the stairs and starting up them. Of course, she had planned on cuddling with him on the couch just like she had last time. Really, she was using it as an excuse to be as close to him as possible. Soon, she disappeared from his view as she reached the top of the stairs and went into her room. First, she picked up "The Notebook" Blu Ray case from where it was sitting on her desk and after making sure it was in the case picked up the perfectly wrapped box from where it sat on top her dresser. She also grabbed a folded full size blanket from her closet in case the two of them got cold. She then left the room, turning off the light behind her Unlike Tim, the further they were from each other, the more nervous she would become.

Once she made her way back down the stairs and into the living room she sat the blanket on the couch before putting her present for him under the tree so that it was sitting right next to his. Roxy then turned on the television and Blu Ray player and put the disc in but not playing it yet before walking into the kitchen. "Hey Tim? Thanks for staying with me for the week." She said, although she knew she didn't need to thank him.

He watched her ascend the stairs and go toward her room. He then turned and went into the kitchen. He knew where everything was in her house so it made making the popcorn a lot easier. He grabbed the machine out of the cupboard and grabbed the popcorn and got it going. He then poured some drinks for them. By the time she returned to the kitchen it was all ready. He smiled at her when she came in. "You don't need to thank me. I'm happy to keep you company. You know I'll always be there for you."

He took the popcorn and the drinks and carried them into the livingroom. He set the bowl and the glasses down where they could reach them. He took a seat by the blanket she had set down there. Under the tree he spotted the second present. He smiled. It was obviously the one for him she had mentioned. He wondered what it might be. He smiled at her and waited for her to sit.

"Still, you probably had better things to do for the week then spend it here." Roxy said with a shrug. She watched as he carried both their drinks and the bowl full of the popcorn into the living room, ready to help him with carrying it all if he needed it. When he took a seat by the blanket Roxanne smiled at Tim. "You can set it on the back of the couch, if you want." She offered before following him in and sitting beside him, picking up the remote that was on the table in front of the couch as she did. As soon as she sat down, almost as if it was some kind of reflex, Roxanne moved as close as she could to Tim without either one of them being uncomfortable. "Now, do I need to give you the same "You're not getting any hints out of me" speech?" Roxy asked with a giggle upon noticing him spotting her gift for him under the tree.

Tim felt her move close and he could only smile. At her comment about the gift his smile turned into a grin and he laughed. He reached over and grabbed her hand with the remote in it. He pushed her thumb down on the play button. "Come on, start the movie crazy girl." He shifted a little in his seat and got even closer to her. They were sitting to their legs were almost pressed together. There was barely any space between them. As the movie started he reached over and gently wrapped his arm around her. He knew that if she didn't really care about him the way he cared about her she still wouldn't mind this. He then leaned back and tried to watch the movie, even with his mind filled with other thoughts, about her.

"I might be crazy but you still love me." Roxy said with a laugh as he pushed her thumb down on the play button. When he shifted so that he was even closer to him, Roxy didn't mind it. Then, as the movie started she rested her head on his shoulder and smiled when she felt Tim's arm gently wrap around her. As the movie started she watched the screen, although she would glance up to look at Tim every so often, unable to tell that he was struggling to watch the movie because of the thoughts about her that filled his mind. After about a half an hour into the movie she took the folded cover from the back of the couch and covered herself with it, finding she was cold. She then offered some to him, hoping he'd say yes.

It was a very comfortable position with Roxy's head on his shoulder. He was extremely happy like that. When she pulled the blanket over herself he was glad she was trying to keep warm. He hated it when she got sick. She offered it and he just smiled and pulled it so it covered both of them. He then pulled her closer so they were really together. His arm stayed wrapped around her. He loved feeling her close. The movie continued and he became more determined to tell her soon. He was sure that as the movie ended he would have his moment. His head leaned against hers and he tried hard not to think about it all too much.

Roxanne smiled when she offered him the cover and Tim accepted and even happier when he pulled her so that the two of them were even closer. She could feel that there was little space between them, but that the two of them were still comfortable. Roxanne continued to watch the movie, smiling to herself when she felt Tim lean his head against her's. She then moved her hand to his free hand and took it in her's, lacing her fingers with his. She then looked up at him to see his reaction, hoping he didn't pull his hand away and that she only saw a look of happiness on his face.

Tim felt her hand take hold of his. It felt really nice. The way she held it was unlike what they normally did. It felt closer, more intimate. He looked at her and she turned to look at him. His gaze met her eyes. He was filled with a deep feeling of love. Now was his moment. He shifted and turned so he could look at her better. He never broke his connection with her eyes. He spoke softly. "Roxanne, there is something I have been wanting to say to you for a long time. I think I can finally tell you. I love you. I really and truly love you, and not just as a friend. My heart belongs to you and it has for years. I've always been afraid to tell you. Now I am. I...Love...You." His heart was racing. He seemed to have stopped breathing. He waited for her response.

Roxy couldn't help but smile weakly when she turned to look at him and he was already looking down at her. When his gaze met her's she saw something in his eyes, something in the way Tim was looking at her that Roxy had never noticed in his eyes before. As he shifted and turned so that he could look at her better she lifted her head from his shoulder, noticing that he wasn't breaking the connection with her eyes. Even as Tim spoke and she listened to his words, she continued to look into his eyes and as she did Roxanne wandered in the back of her mind if he saw the love in her's that when far beyond just friends. After he was done speaking Roxy stayed silent for a few moments, allowing what he had said to register and fully sink in and when it did she smiled at him. "I love you too, Tim and I have for a while now." Roxy said. She took his hand and placed it over her heart. "And this has always belonged to you, always will too." Roxanne said before breaking their gaze only to lean in and kiss him on the lips like she had wanted to for so long now. After giving him a soft peck on the lips she moved back enough so that their gazes could meet again. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

When she finally responded after what felt like forever he was overjoyed. Her words were more wonderful than he could have ever imagined. He felt her take his hand and place it over her heart. He could feel her pulse. She kissed his lips, their first real kiss. It was soft and quick, but very sweet. He couldn't say any more. He was unable to form words or think clearly. He just acted on instinct. He leaned in and his lips pressed against hers. This time it wasn't soft or quick. He kissed her with all his love and all his passion. His arms wrapped around her and pulled her tight against him.

When he leaned in and pressed his lips against her's Roxanne's first reaction was to smile against his lips but after that she moved her hand to the back of his head and returned his kiss with one that had just as much love and passion behind it. Then, as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her tight against him Roxy moved her free hand so that it was rested on his chest. A few minutes passed before their lips parted and even then Roxy only pulled back enough so that she could look up into his eyes and so that they both could catch their breath and even speak if they wanted to. The two of them were still so close though, that each time Tim would exhale Roxy could feel his warm breath on her skin. "I love you, Tim." She said, no longer paying attention to the movie as it neared the end.

He felt her love and passion in the kiss they shared. He knew it was true. Now he only wished they had told eachother sooner. That thought soon disappeared as she held his head and placed her hand on his chest. He continued kissing her until they stopped and pulled apart just a little. He caught his breath and smiled at her. "I know that now. I love you too Roxy, so much." He gave her a soft kiss and rested his forehead against hers. His eyes were locked on hers. He loved how beautiful they were. He loved every bit of her. After a little while he let out a content sigh. "So, what now? We know how we feel, where do we go from here? I spent so much time thinking of how to tell you that I didn't think about what happens after."

Roxy smiled when he gave her another soft kiss on the lips before resting his forehead against her's. "Well, assuming we both want the same thing, we make us official." Roxy said with a smile still on her face. Like him, now that their feelings were out in the open, she wished it had happened so much sooner and as she thought about the years they wasted by just keeping quiet and waiting the other to make a move, it made her a little sad. But, that sadness quickly faded when she stopped to think just how in love they were and how perfect they fit together. as they sat there with their foreheads touching and they looked into each others eyes, Roxanne moved both her hands down to take his and laced their fingers together.

Tim just nodded. He knew now that they both wanted the relationship. From then on they would be together and they would be boyfriend and girlfriend. That much was clear. They didn't need to say it. He was happy that they knew eachother so well. The only thing that surprised him was that neither of them had been able to truly recognise the true feelings of the other. He stayed there with their hands together for a little while. Then he wanted to feel her closer. He pulled his hands away for a moment. He quickly lifted her and pulled her onto his lap so she was facing him. It gave them the most contact possible. He took hold of her hands again and kissed her softly a few times.

Back
Top Bottom