Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An unorthodox student (RVJ94)

Goddess

Star
So this was the way to make it through grad school, teaching at a community college. It wouldn't be that bad. She'd be able to meet people, get experience, and best of all it would look great on her resume. Teaching a class while studying herself would be challenging, but it did mean she'd get out of this chapter in her life debt free, and as soon as she got her advanced degree she would be able to live comfortably to say the least!

Tatiana Molina was a student from a Hispanic family, but raised in the US, and had the flavor of her Puerto Rican mother and all the ambition of her Cuban father. She was a business mayor, and what a business mayor! With a café-con leche tan and such curves in her body, it was not average. Her shoulders were small, but her breasts were large and voluptuous, a D cup behind that thick blazer, which only seemed to emphasize her already small waist. Her pencil-skirt was tight around her wide hips, and those black pumps and black stockings only served to lengthen her strong legs. With her black waves in a high ponytail and a smile in her plump lips, she was ready for this new challenge.

She sat down, her name and information already in the blackboard, waiting from students to come in. Calmly, she gazed at the class, traditional and non-traditional alike. Challenge accepted!.

Joseph Russell felt out of place.

Ever since he had went through the process of enrolling in the local community college, he felt that way. It wasn't just the fact that he hadn't been in school since he was 20 years old. Ironically, that was also a community college he attended. But after looking around at the other students in the financial aid office, at the campus book store, and now through the hallways of the particular building he was in, it was clear that he was the oldest student there.

He wasn't THAT old. For thirty-six, he stayed in good shape. No way was he a bodybuilder, but his 6'1" frame was kept at a toned 170 lbs. Unfortunately, his ex-wife of 4 months as of tomorrow didn't appreciate his looks or laid-back personality, as he had caught her cheating on him with one of her sister's friends. Caught in the act, that is. One messy divorce, full of he-said, she-said bullshit later, he felt like he was starting over. His job at Alridge Design would be promoting him soon, contingent upon his taking college courses to better fit the awaiting position as project manager.

Which brought him back here. He stood outside of the classroom door, confirming what was on his sheet. He looked more like a professional than a student, with a gray polo shirt tucked into his blue jeans. Business Communication, room D117, read his schedule. He stepped inside the medium-sized room, and took an empty seat in the second to last row, on the same side of the room as the instructor's desk. A glance at the instructor told him that she looked young, but professional herself. Quite attractive, but he didn't get a better look partly due to her sitting down. The board behind her had some pertinent information, in writing that was obviously female.

A look around the students that were there so far reinforced the feeling of him being out of place.

The instructor's name, room number, and course name all matched up. Hopefully, this transition would start off smooth.

Tatiana smiled to herself as the classroom began filling up. It was a small class, only 25 students, and she was quite glad for it. A big classroom would have been quite hard to deal with, and she didn't have enough time to grade too many papers and exams. One minute before the clock ticked 7:00, she got up and introduced herself to the class.

"Good evening, everyone, I am Tatiana Molina, and I will be your teacher this trimester," she said in a soft warm voice. "If you're in this class, it means you mean business, and the objective is this class is to help you show the world just what you have in you, and maybe convince them of even more." She began pacing around the room. "You will learn how to change the way you send messages to peers, to customers, to groups or to an undetermined audience. You will also work with the different media for communication, learn to listen to others and to see between the lines, and how to take even cultures into consideration. To test your learning we will have quizzes, tests, and even one final presentation. Who's up for it?"

Despite the enthusiasm and the apparent calm, Tatiana was sweating cold. She could feel the beads of sweat sliding down her back, her smile tense as she had a mayor case of stage fright but tried to hold it back. "You can find the syllabus online, I'll make sure so send you all a link with all the websites we'll be using. Be sure to read daily and bring questions before class, you have points because of participation. Now, if you could just present yourselves and tell me what you expect of the class."

Joseph listened to her speak in front of them, but he was equally paying attention to how she looked. Very attractive, he thought to himself, from head to toe. Mentally, he jolted a little bit back to reality when she mentioned about having each student introduce themselves. He let out a long exhale. Great, he had to stand up and show the class that he's old enough to be some of their fathers. Look at me, I'm the old geezer of the class!

He sat patiently, as each student stood up and presented themselves. The way the first one went became a template for many of the others. First came the first and last name, where they're from, and what they expected of this class. Some students came off as a little bit shy, and spoke meekly. On the other hand, some others spoke with confidence, leaving him with the impression that they could lead a group or a team.

Finally, after about half the class had their turn, he stood up, and looked squarely at the instructor. Did she want to go by Miss Molina? Professor Molina? That was a question for later. "I'm Joseph Russell, from Dallas, TX, and mainly, I hope this class can help me get a promotion at work."

Tatiana had welcomed every student in turn as they said their name and expectations, hoping saying each name aloud would help her memorize them. She complimented those confident and urged on those still a bit shy. Being a student herself, this was the least she could do.

"Welcome mister Russell, I do hope this class will give you the tools and credits you need for that promotion," she said, smiling sensually at him. She didn't mean for her smile to come off as sensual, she was just naturally so, and she did find this man attractive. The way he looked at her, so confident, and being older than herself, did make her wonder if he had more experience in this topics than she did. She could not, however, let that intimidate her, or intrigue her. He was a student, no more, no less.

She continued listening to the rest of her students introducing themselves, and after welcoming the last one, she said, "Now, what lesson can be found in this little exercise? I just gathered basic information on all of you, finding out both my audience and establishing a relationship between us." She turned on the projector, one word flashing onscreen: Networking. "This is the single most important thing you need if you want to be successful in business. Can anyone tell me why?"

He smiled politely at his instructor in return. He had to admit, she has a very pretty smile. But he noted that she called him mister. Probably nothing more than a habit from her. But hell, she still looked quite young, and subsequently made him feel old. Then again, maybe he just needed to relax a little.

He listened as she spoke in her alluring accent. She operated as if she was straight and to the point. Class was getting down to business. After the question was posed, one of the female students on the opposite side of the room raised her hand, but he spoke first.

"You can establish business relationships by networking. It helps because the more people you know, the higher the odds of someone finding a need for your business."

Back
Top Bottom