Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unexpected Love [XxMoonlightRomance & Jugger82]

Roxanne

It was about Three O'clock in the afternoon and Roxanne opened the door, walking into her dorm and tossing her Indigo and Blue messenger bag and purse with the image of three wolves howling at the moon on it, onto her bed before sitting on the bed herself. Roxy picked up her laptop and sat it on her lap, booting it up. As she waited for it to boot up completely Roxy looked around the room. She noticed that her best friend's things were already here. "He must have had time to drop things off and unpack while I was in class." She thought to herself. When it booted up Roxanne just killed time by browsing the internet, waiting for her room mate to walk in once he finished his classes for the day. She was both nervous and anxious to meet him. Nervous because she wasn't sure if they would still have the best friend connection they had had before he moved away and anxious because they hadn't seen each other in so long. As she waited Rox glanced down at the silver wolf ring that was wrapped around her thumb. He had given it to her before he left and she remembered him telling her it was so that she never forgot him and she had given him silver chain with a wolf paw hanging from it for the same reason. As she waited for him to walk in she started to look through the emails they had exchanged back and forth through the years. She had saved every single email but lately she noticed they had been coming less often.

Roxy pulled the hair tie from her hair which kept her chocolate colored hair tied back and let it down. She had soft, silky hair that fell in big, beautiful curls, reaching her lower back. She had beautiful Emerald colored eyes and her skin was slightly tan. Today she was wearing a pear of jeans and a 'Shinedown' t-shirt. As she waited for him to walk in she turned on some music, signing along with it softly.

Nathan = Avatar

Walking to his room, Nathan stopped shortly of the door, smelling an old and familiar scent. He sniffed the area as he wondered if she was here or was here earlier...well, now was the time to find out. Walking into the room, he smiled and let out a loud 'Hey!' when he saw her. "Roxy!" He said as he threw his books into the corner and walked over to hug her tightly, something he used to do, squeeze her until she was out of breath. Though this time...he hugged her but suddenly let go. Looking down, he said a simple 'Huh'. Looking back to her, he smiled and pointed at her as if teasing her. "Ha ha. Roxy's grown up since we last met. You've really outgrown yourself..." HE said before motioning breasts, something he used to tease her about cause hers were flat back then compared to other women. Though...something was off about him. For one, he wasn't wearing the necklace made of silver she had given him.

Roxanne tapped the Space Bar on her keyboard to pause her music as she heard foot steps outside in the hall that seemed to stop in front of her door. She glanced over at the door and when she saw it open and saw him walking in she smiled. "Hey!" Roxy greeted Nathan in return with a smile, that smile seemed to fade a bit, though when she noticed that the necklace she had given him wasn't around his neck. She watched him as he thre his books into the corner before coming over and hugging her. "Yes, Roxy has boobs." She said when he suddenly let go before looking down and pointing at her. "It isn't like you have stayed the same either, Nathan." She said, trying to hide her sadness over him not wearing her gift. Though, she was sure he had picked up on it already.

He finally noticed the ring he had given her and he bit his lip. Silver...something that harmed werewolves...well...pure silver anyway, and unfortunately, and ironicly, both of their wolf gifts were made of pure silver, which was why he did not wear her gift. "Its been so long Roxy." He said with a smile to her. He backed away and looked at her. "Damn, you really have grown so much...its been so long."

"Yeah, it's been what, five years?" Roxanne asked, watching him as he backed away to get a better look at her. "You have too, Nathan." She said and looked up at him, smiling weakly up at him. Roxanne noticed the way his expression changed when he noticed the silver wolf ring she had given her and slipped it off before laying it on the table beside her bed. As she returned her gaze to him to see how he reacted to her taking the ring off she was sure he saw the hurt in her eyes. Of course, she thought it was because he didn't want her as his best friend anymore and didn't know that it was actually because wearing it hurt him. "So, what have you been up to since we last talked?" Roxy asked, the last email she had gotten from him was about two weeks ago.

When she asked what he was up to, he didn't quite expect it. He began to stammer a bit as he seemed to grasp a thought. "Uh...Uh...I've been...busy with work. Yeah...I used to work in a...comic shop." He said nodding in agreement to his own statement. "And you? What have you been up to? And sorry I haven't been...sending e-mails lately. I've just been so busy with work."

Roxanne looked up at him as he stammered, part of her wanting him to see the hurt in her eyes; to see how much she had missed him and how much it hurt to see him not wearing her gift but to look like a fool for keeping her's so close to her for all the years they were apart. When he told her he had been busy with work Roxy didn't quite believe him, but she didn't know why not. After all, they would never keep things from each other, right? She had been so sure of that before he had walked in and now she found herself questioning so much of what he had said in his emails to her. "Getting ready for the school." She said, rubbing the imprint on her thumb where her wolf ring had been minutes ago. Honestly, she was surprised he hadn't said anything about it when she took it off. "So, what's your major?"

"My...Major...?" He bit his lip. He didn't know...he actually dropped out of school and with some help of friends in high places, he had been technically enrolled to the college for free, but was not on any student rosters. "Uh...My Major is...mechanics. Yes...I'm a car mechanic, or rather...learning how to be one while I work that comic shop...well, WHEN I worked it." He chuckled nervously. "So...Maybe we should change the subject? How have you been since I had to move huh?"

Roxanne looked at him as he explained. Something about the way Nathan was acting screamed to her that he was lying. "I've been fine, I dealt with it and I've changed a lot and so have you, obviously." She said, her voice now having the same hurt in them that her eyes did. She moved her school bag and purse off of the bed and motioned for him to sit beside her. "Okay, I'm fine with changing the subject. How about we start with you telling the truth about what you're here for, why you're not wearing the necklace I gave you and why you've all but stopped writing me? Because I thought I knew you but I clearly don't since you feel the need to lie to me." Roxy was now almost glaring at him, hoping that her being a little rough with him would get him to open up to her.

Nathan recoiled a bit when she began to snap at him about the subject change. He rubbed his nose and looked away, unable to tell her the truth. It would break the masquerade of the werewolves, to hide the identities of everyone and anyone within. "Look...I'm telling you the truth...I'm just really going through some...hard times on my end that I really don't want to talk about...I'm not trying to push you away by not writing you, believe me...its just I haven't had the time to...really...!" That was actually true...being a werewolf made him have so many duties to the clan that he had hardly any time for himself. "And to be honest...I have the necklace you gave me...I put it in storage...for safe keeping so I know I'd have it kept safely."

Roxanne kept her eyes on Nathan as he rubbed his nose and looked away from her. She moved her notebook and sat it on the table beside her bed before getting up and hugging him. Roxy looked up at him. "Please, look at me Nathan. I can tell you aren't telling me everything even when I know you want to. C'mon, we always tell each other everything and whatever it is I promise not to tell anyone." She said, moving one of her hands up to his head and ran her fingers through his hair like she used to. "I'm not mad about you not writing me as often as I know you want to and I'm not even mad about you not wearing the necklace. I'm more hurt but that's not because of you, it's my own insecurities and I'm sorry when you came in and didn't have my necklace on I assumed you cared about me or had missed me any less." She said, continuing to run her fingers through her hair as she kept her other arm wrapped around him. She had always been insecure about herself, even when they were kids. "Please, forgive me and please open up and tell me whats wrong?" She asked.

Nathan bit his lip. "I'm sorry Roxanne...I can't..." He said as he pulled her close into a hug. "Look...just believe me when I say I can't tell you, alright? Please don't push the matter...otherwise there just could be bad things going on around here, and even worse things between us...And I don't want to be torn away from you any longer than I had already so please...just...drop it. For me?"

Roxanne could feel her muscles tense as he pulled her close to his body, wrapping him in an embrace of his own. Roxanne looked up at him. "So, I'll never know?" She asked, letting go of him and pulling away from him. "Forget it, I'll drop it. But, when I don't start telling you things I don't want to hear anything from you about giving me grief for not telling you." Roxy said as she headed picked up her purse before heading for the door. Clearly she didn't understand that he was doing all of this, keeping his greatest secret from her to protect her. "I'm going for a walk." She said, half expecting him to either grab her by the arm to keep her from leaving, or to follow her.

"Roxy..." He said to her, some small pain in his voice before he sighed. "Alright...I guess I'll see you when you get back..." He knew that she should be alone for a bit, rather than have him tag along. She was annoyed at him...no point in staying with her for the time being if she hated him. He went to the bed and laid down on it, like a regular person, and listened for the door to see if she actually had left to go for her walk.

Roxy sighed, leaving their doom room but as soon as she hit the hall she just sank down to the floor with her back to the door and held her legs to her chest. In fact, as he listened he could hear her crying outside the door and she hoped he would come comfort her. Of course, students passing through the halls gave her odd looks but she didn't care. All she wanted was to feel that closeness with Nathan that she had felt before he moved.

Hearing her begin to cry with his new, yet hidden ears, he sighed and got off the bed. Walking down the hall, he moved to where she was sitting and sat down beside her, wrapping his arm around her as he pulled her close and told her he was sorry and continued to apologize to her and ask for her forgiveness. "Please...Forgive me Roxy..." He murmured over and over again.

Roxy continued to cry, hugging herself even as she saw him walk from there dorm down to where she was and sat beside her. At first, when he wrapped his arm around her she struggled against him as he pulled her close, but after a few minutes of struggling, when it was proven he wasn't going to let go of her Roxanne let him pull her close and rested her head on his shoulder as she continued to cry. "I just don't get what is so bad you can't tell me. You know I wouldn't tell anybody and we have always told each other everything."

"Roxanne please...I'm sorry..." He murmured. "If I told you...you wouldn't believe me anyway..." He said with a small frown. "I'm not trying to hurt you...believe me I'm not...I just can't tell you without one of us being hurt...Alright?" HE said as he continued to hold her, letting her cry into his shoulder as he sat there, ignoring bypassers. "Just forgive me when I say I can't tell you..."

"You don't know that I wouldn't believe you, Nathan. I never have doubted you before, have I?" Roxanne asked as she looked up at him, she was still crying but it had slowed down and she wasn't stumbling over her words like she had been before. She sighed as she cried into his shoulder. "If you can't tell me now, can you tell me one day?" She asked, maybe if she had hope that whatever his secret was, that one day she would know, it wouldn't bother her so much.

Nathan smiled and nodded gently. "Yeah...I promise one day...I'll tell you the truth." He said gently as he kissed her head gently, something he always did when they were kids. He always had to console her when she was crying and he always kissed the top of her head and try to cheer her up. "Come on now Roxy...We're making a scene out here...lets head back in the dorm room, yeah? At least there we don't have to worry about bypassers spreading rumors about us, y'know? Haha."

Roxanne didn't feel as hurt when he promised that one day he would tell her his secret. That made it known that it wasn't the fact that he didn't trust her, but that he truly couldn't tell her just yet. After that her crying seemed to instantly stop. She smiled when he kissed the top of her kid, it made her mind wander back to before he had moved away and he had always been the one to comfort her. "Yeah, let's head back to the room so we can catch up more." She said with a smile. "Though, I know neither of us care what any of these people think." She said, gently pulling away from him and going to get up.

When they got back into the room, he sat her down gently on the bed and sat down beside her, smiling to her gently. "So Roxy...you said you wanted to catch up right? Well...What's happened for me is pretty much what I told you...though here's the most truth I can give you without giving away the thing I can't tell you. Its true that I've been working hard lately, so hard that I can't find any time for myself. The company I work for decided to send me here for education, so that I can work for more than...minimum wage. Thats a reason why I could hardly e-mail you. I put your locket in storage because...it pains me to hold it and know that we were separated so long ago. Anything else you would like me to uh...clarify...Roxy?"

Roxanne smiled as they arrived back at their dorm and he sat her down on her bed before sitting beside her. "So that's why the emails suddenly slowed down to once every couple of weeks?" Roxanne asked, not bothering to question him about what his job was as she figured it had something to do with the secret he couldn't tell her. "I'm sorry you not having my necklace on got under my skin so much, Nathan, but we are together now." Roxy said, putting her head on his shoulder and looking up at him. "No, I don't think there's anymore that you can actually answer." Roxanne said. "But I am glad you are here now and that we are room mates. Is there anything you wanna know about what has been going on with me since you left?"

"Hm...Nothing I'm particularly interested in...I tend not to get into the personal lives of people unless I'm involved or if I'm able to help out somehow, you know?" He said with a smile as he held her close to him, letting her lay her head on his shoulder. "Just tell me whatever you want...it doesn't matter to me. I tend...or rather...I've learned to not dwell on the past too much and only look to the future."

"Yeah, I understand." Roxanne said as he held her close as her head rested on his shoulder, she couldn't explain it but even after all the years they had spent apart when Nathan's arms wrapped around her as he held her close made her feel safe. "Well, if it's okay with you, I'd like to just focus on us in the here and now. After all, we already know everything there is to know about each other, do we not?" She asked, lifting her head to look up at him as she offered him a weak smile.

Back
Top Bottom