Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It is the Time of the Eye: Homemade Blueberry Pancakes

Ivy Walker

Banned
Banished
On another site, I recently had a discussion with someone about fantasy and the nature of the real world.

I hate the real world. It's so ugly. I wish i could live in a fantasy world for the longest time. The real world is hard, harsh and on top of that it is freaking boring.

I said: Those are unhealthy thoughts, sir.

It's REALITY, hun. They're not just my personal thoughts.

I said: Reality is what you make of it. If you're not happy in the real world, then you're on a destructive course.
There're two types of reality.
Universal.
and
Personal.

The word being not perfect. In fact, the world being pretty UGLY, is a universal reality.

You can be optimistic about it, and try to reason your way to a perfect, and happily ever after world. but you wont change the fact that the world is a fucked up.

And then I said: "Everything's horrible!" is a self-fulfilling prophesy. You contribute to your own demise and the rest of ours by wallowing in the fact the world sucks and will never change and by clinging to your false reality and succoring on fantasy.

Now, I wanted to get other people's thoughts on this: Am I wrong? Sure, I'm not delusional in thinking that everything is rainbows and butterflies; but not everything is WOE and TERRIBLE. Just as there are good days and bad days in each individual person's lives, there are still many wonderful and good things about the real world. It's no doubt that the real world will trump the fantasy every time, but I find his theory to be a problem: That the world sucks and there's nothing to do but give up and ignore it.

I believe in the ability of one man(generally speaking) to have the ability to make big changes and alter the course of history for good or bad.

I believe in each of us being in charge of our own personal destiny as well as the fates of those around us and those we leave behind.

I believe that the universe is waiting and listening and will give us everything we ask for in life and that a change in attitude and perspective can help people achieve their goals.

But the thing is, this man is not the first I've encountered who has spouted this counterproductive nonsense. Are there others out there who believe giving up is all we have left at this point? Has everybody stopped believing in, not only personal success, but even having the desire to make the world what you want it to be?

Re: Ivy's Garden of Wondering Thoughts

You are absolutley right in saying that, "Everything is horrible!" is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Action follows thought after all, at least it is my humble belief and you were right to try and prove this negative individual wrong.
However, there are some people who are content in being miserable, or find that it's easier to float belly up like a dead in the stream we call Life. That is their choice in the end just as we all have the choice and power to claim happiness as ours.
Maybe I'm not making much sense, perhaps I am..I'unno. It's easier to simply kick back and focus on the negativity in life rather than all the good that is in the world despite the troubled times we all live in. If you can't appreciate the simple pleasures in life, what is the point of struggle? What are we poking around for if all we have is negativity and strife to look forward to?
Life doesn't have to be bunnies and rainbows and wishing on the hope of unicorns and shit but it doesn't have to be a pissing contest of gonads and strife either.
And as frustrating as it is, you can't win everyone over to this fact and sometimes you have to just wipe your hands of a situation or individual. If a person is happy being miserable, I avoid them like the plague since I'd rather try and stay positive and such for as long as possible.
One of my favorite things to do when I'm feeling down and out is just simply go to a park and feed ducks. Nothing spectacular or glamorious about doing it but let me tell you, when it's just me and the ducks near the water, it makes me feel lighthearted and calms me. Or going for a swim late at night and floating on my back and staring up at the stars. How utterly relaxing that is and fun. Simple pleasures that remind us all that life isn't as bad as we make it even if it can suck utter balls at times. For those who can't appreciate such sentiments, well..you have my pity.

Thank you for replying and I totally agree. Some people are just content to let the negativity be their mantra because it DOES seem easier. You give in to the fact that life is horrible and there's nothing you can do to change it, you kind of revoke your responsibility to it, in a way. And there's really nothing you can do to force them to feel the way you do. But I also believe in the ability of positivity to be contagious. Sometimes, it's annoying to some people though. :?

*******************​

Lately, I've been watching a Youtuber named Onision. I joined his forum to have discussions and such and for those of you who don't know him or haven't heard about him, he's pretty crazy and a bit controversial. It's entertainment though and he makes a lot of great points. One thing that bugs me incredibly is his vegetarian rants. He is extremely vegetarian, like, his beliefs are not only that it's healthier, and not just that the meat industry is propagating cruelty to animals, and not just that meat doesn't taste good to him, but his main point is that killing animals is wrong. It's not just his beliefs though. He says things like that animals are his friends and if you like to eat them, then you're a murderer. He constantly pushes around that Paul McCartney video, "If Slaughterhouses had walls, everybody would be vegetarian" and says if you've watched it and you still eat meat, then there's no excuse for you making that choice, as if it's akin to pedophilia, murder, torture and punching babies all mixed into one. An added quirk on his forum is a selection for people's profiles that you can say what your diet choice is. It has an option for Vegan and Vegetarian and "No Answer". If you type the word "meat" anywhere in your post, it comes out as "shit" automatically. Since it's a big topic with a lot of people, it comes up often and even after they changed that filter because people were complaining, the vegetarians on his forum(including himself) continue to refer to meat eaters as "shit eaters".

It's the arrogance of it that bugs me. That the vegetarians on that site consider themselves above others for the moral choice they've made. Some of us aren't ready to make the leap. Some of us are very attached to meat and enjoy it. Some of us don't make the connection between the cow chewing cud, and the steak on the plate. And some of us who DO make the connection, simply don't care. Honestly, if you like animals and think they're great and everything, that's fine. But eating them is a choice of diet on how certain people choose to survive. Killing animals may be "wrong" on some level, but it will never equal the same as the murder of another human being. It just won't. And I do not like feeling bullied into making the choice. If you come to me and tell me all these horrible things about the meat industry and how bad the conditions are, and I say I'd rather try and change the way the system works than to just stop eating meat, it does not make me feel like agreeing with you when you call me names and shove emotionally charged videos in my face. If they're so happy and so content with the choices they've made, why do they have to convince the world to be exactly like them? If you're a vegetarian, I'm not going to shove a burger in your face, or if we eat out together go to a predominantly meat serving restaurant. I'm not going to disrespect you by bringing attention to something that offends you. And I'd expect the same courtesy, you know?

Now it's not that big of a deal. It's just a forum and just some random guy. But I find the conversation stimulating, even if it becomes a bit heated on both sides and seems like talking to a bunch of parrots imitating a brick wall. But in discussing it with someone else, I reasoned out my arguments: So, they say we can't eat meat because animals are sentient, and they have feelings and intelligence akin to humans. But if you use the argument, "Well animals eat each other" then they say "But we know better and can make that choice." And I'm like, "Well, they're either at our level or they're not."

Just a little rant to get my thoughts down.

*****************​

Wanted to record this conversation I had on his latest video, comparing killing animals and eating them to murder and cannibalism. I basically started by stating the above paragraph.

Person1: killing animal and people are completly different... 1 hour ago

IvyWalker@Person1 I agree. If we have a high enough intelligence to make the choice when they can't, then our lives will mean more to us than it does to them who kill without knowing any better.

Person2: Eating an animal doesn't make you a killer, I hunt all the time, I'm just trying to survive just like a lion. Ever tried a Babie Burger they're great! I tell ya these bleeding hearts.....go back to your banana videos those are cool.

Person3@Person2: Does it? Have you ever thought of the impact put on most animals? Watch my video about Factory farming and you'll see what I mean. and BTW how do you feel knowing you've taken an innocent life when u have the ablilty not to eat meat? Your just a low-life like every other hunter, hiding behind religon and the thing where everyone beleives we are better then animals when we arent. If you can kill an animal you can kill another human? Or could you because that human is so called the same as you? You low-lives kill animals for trophies and because they are different grow up a little and realise the thruth!

IvyWalker@Person3: We're not on the same level as animals. We ARE above them. Otherwise, they wouldn't need us to protect them. Someone tries to kill me, I open my mouth and tell them to stop and I fight back. It's not a question of whether or not we need to "grow up". It's diet. It's a personal choice. You are not better than me or anyone else just because you cry when a cow gets hurt and it makes you feel better about yourself not to take advantage of your existence in the natural order.

Person3@IvyWalker: If we were above them we wouldnt need to kill them! And by the way, they wouldnt need us to protect them if we didnt start using them and killing them in the first place!

IvyWalker@Person3: That doesn't make sense. The first part. How does being above them negate the need to kill them? If anything, it makes more sense to kill them because they're of lower intelligence and cognitive ability. It makes more sense for us to use them for our purposes, with us being of a higher order.

Person3@IvyWalker: Are they really of lower intellect? How would you ever know? We cant speak the same languge as them but that does not make them lower then us! If they were stupid as you say, they would not know how to survive but they do. They managed themselves long before humans came along

IvyWalker@Person3: So you're basing your opinion on whether or not something is capable of surviving? That's where you're setting the bar? I don't know about you, but I do and think about more than just the things necessary for survival

Person3@IvyWalker: I think about alot of things other then survival. This is about animal rights. Not about survival. I really wished you would go out and learn something.

IvyWalker@Person3: Animal rights is a joke. Most rights are based on the ability of people to agree on a social contract, the ability to make and keep agreements. Animals cannot reach such agreements with other creatures. They cannot respect anyone else's rights, thus they cannot be said to possess any.

Person4@ IvyWalker: But think of it this way: if you met someone who was mentally challenged, would you kill them because they had a lower intelligence? Would you use them for your purposes because you see yourself as "better" compared to them? I think this is what Onision was talking about when he said to reflect on your posts before putting them. Unless that is how you think it should be than by all means continue to kill the mentally challenged.

IvyWalker@Person4: You're making an extreme comparison that doesn't fit and isn't at all what I said. Are you comparing a mentally challenged person to a dog? Would you make them eat on the floor if they were living with you? Make them sleep in a kennel outside? See? It's foolish to make that kind of argument. And further more, there's a difference in species; like someone stated before, lions don't hunt other lions for food. Maybe YOU should think instead of letting your emotions dictate your posts.

Person5@IvyWalker: That's very ignorant of you. Just because something is "dumber" than you, doesnt mean you need to kill them. First of all they're just as smart as you, if not smarter; just because we fail to understand what they really think doesnt make them inferior to us. You're not gonna go off and kill somebody that is mentally retarted, right? Second, we're capable of living on only vegetation and beans and fruits. Eating meat is optional, we have a wider variety of animal friendly food.

IvyWalker@Person5: I value human life above that of an animal's. I hold this opinion because we are different species and I have the ability to reason and think and feel at a higher level then they do. I do not kill beyond my needs and do not believe excess is right. But I'm not going to be convinced that eating animals is akin to cannibalism and murder, just because some humanistic bozos want to put themselves in the stall with the pigs and cows.

Person5@IvyWalker: You dont kill beyond your needs? You don't believe in excess? Really? Its not if you eat meat or not. It's the fact that you dont believe there's something better. You are no better than any other animal in this world. You're only able to 'reason more' because you need to, otherwise you're frowned upon in our society. Eating animals isnt a necessity. I wouldnt call it cannibalism but is most definately consuming more than you need to.

IvyWalker@Person5: Let's cut the bull, here, alright? We're not talking about need or necessity. We're talking about what he said in the video. The point he made was "Killing and eating animals=murder and cannibalism of your fellow human beings". It's not about need. I KNOW I don't need to. But it's about whether or not 1.we have the moral high ground to do so and 2. whether the death of humans is below that of animals. Please try and stay on topic. Thnx.

Person5@IvyWalker: hahah, i like you just dodged my argument. I wasn't arguing with you about the video, i was arguing about what you said in the comment to that other person about how the life of an animal is lesser than yours, which you claimed is inferior to ours. Why dont YOU try staying on topic. You realized you weren't getting anywhere with your arguments, so you took the pussy way out and changed the whole topic.... I WIN!

IvyWalker@Person5: No, you wanted to talk about what we need and don't need. I already told you I KNOW I don't need to. I do not consider eating what is provided anyways as eating excess. I consider taking more than is necessary to fill my belly eating excess and that's what I meant. And great. You "win". You get a sticker. :p I'm going go back to having an adult conversation now. But you enjoy that sticker.

Person6: -shivers- Obviously, when they kill animals they DO NOT do it painlessly. These creatures are scared yet you see people in hospitals breathing through tubes because they aren't only not slaughtered and eaten but literally FORCED to live! But we sit hear and eat animals, animals that can't do anything about it and are normally put out before slaughtering yet we always have the chance to eat humans as they sleep, are sick or even dead so isn't that the same thing?

IvyWalker@Person6: No, because they're different species. What species, in the world, survives by eating it's own kind? That doesn't make sense and one does not equal the other.

Person6@IvyWalker: I'm aware, but they ARE all living things.

IvyWalker@Person6: So are plants. What's your point? There are different degrees to life and that's something you guys don't seem to comprehend. We're not all the same fish that walked up on land anymore.

Person6@IvyWalker: Whatever. That's your opinion. Consider though, that if it's so ok to eat animal flesh and if plants are the equivalent, Though they don't have brains, nor can they feel pain or suffering like animals and people, But probably can't either but Hell will freeze over before I eat bugs. But still, if eating meat and plants is so ok, why not eat people too? -shrugs- No need to start a fight. People don't listen to me so I want to rant somewhere. . .

IvyWalker@Person6: because, it's our same species. you're still not comprehending what I'm saying about us not all being the same group. Plants, Animals and Humans are all LIVING things. But Plants, Animals, and Humans are different species, different life forms. Eating within your own species doesn't make sense. Do you understand now?

"The past has no power over us. What is important in this moment is what you are choosing to think and believe and say right now. For these thoughts and words will create your future. Your point of power is in the present moment and is forming the experience of next week, next month, next year and so on.

No matter what the problem is, our experiences are just outer effects of inner thoughts. Even self-hatred is only hating a thought you have about yourself. You have a thought that says, "I'm a bad person." This thought produces a feeling and you buy into the feeling. However, if you don't have the thought, you won't have the feeling. And thoughts can be changed. Change the thought and the feeling must go.

Resentment, Criticism, Guilt and Fear. These four things cause major problems in our bodies and in our lives. These feelings come from blaming others and not taking responsibilty for our own experiences. You see, if we are all responsible for everything in our lives, then there is no one to blame. Whatever is happening "out there" is only a mirror of our own inner thinking. I am not condoning other people's poor behavior, but it is OUR beliefs that attract people who treat us that way.

If you find yourself saying, "Everyone always does such and such to me, criticzes me, is never there for me and treats me like a doormat, abuses me" then this is YOUR PATTERN. There is some thought in you that attracts people who exhibit this behavior. When you no longer think that way, they will go elsewhere and do that to somebody else. You will no longer attract them.

The past is over and done. We cannot change that now. Yet we can change our thoughts about the past. How foolish of us to PUNISH OURSELVES in the present moment because someone hurt us in the long ago past.

If we choose to believe we are helpless victims and that it's all hopeless, then the Universe will support us in that belief, and we will just go down the drain. It is vital that we release these foolish, out-moded, negative ideas and beliefs that do not support us and nourish us.

We need to choose to release the past and forgive everyone, ourselves included. We may not know how to forgive, and we may not want to forgive, but the very fact that we say we are willing to forgive begins the healing process. It is imperative for our own healing that "we" release the past and forgive everyone. This affirmation sets us free.

The very person you find it hardest to forgive is THE ONE YOU NEED TO LET GO OF THE MOST. Forgiveness means giving up, letting go. It has nothing to do with condoning behavior. It's just letting the whole thing go. We do not have to know HOW to forgive. All we need to do is be WILLING to forgive. The Universe will take care of the hows.

We understand our own pain so well. How hard it is for most of us to understand that THEY, whoever they are that we most need to forgive, were also in pain. We need to understand that they did the best they could with the understanding, awareness, and knowledge they had at the time.

I find that when we really love and accept and APPROVE OF OURSELVES EXACTLY AS WE ARE, then everything in life works. It's as if little miracles are everywhere. Our health improves, we attract more money, our relationships become much more fulfilling, and we begin to express ourselves in creatively fulfilling ways. All this seems to happen without our even trying.

Loving and approving of yourself, creating a space of safety, trusting, deserving and accepting, will create organization in your mind, create more loving relationships in your life, attract a new job, and a new and better place to live and even enable your body weight to normalize.

Loving the self, to me, begins with never ever criticizing ourselves for anything. Criticism locks us into the very pattern we are trying to change. Understanding and being gentle with ourselves helps us to move out of it. Remember you have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens."

From the opening chapter of You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise L. Hay. A book that is very close to my heart.

Some quotes I liked that fit perfectly with my personal belief about promiscuity.

"To sleep around is absolutely wrong for a woman; it’s degrading and it completely ruins her personality. Sooner or later it will destroy all that is feminine and beautiful and idealistic in her."

Barbara Cartland

"As bees their sting, so the promiscuous leave behind them in each encounter something of themselves by which they are made to suffer."

Cyril Connolly

"You were born with your legs apart. They’ll send you to the grave in a Y-shaped coffin."

Joe Orton

"Promiscuity in men may cheapen love but sharpen thought. Promiscuity in women is illness, a leakage of identity. The promiscuous woman is self-contaminated and incapable of clear ideas. She has ruptured the ritual integrity of her body."

Camille Paglia

"The sexual freedom of today for most people is really only a convention, an obligation, a social duty, a social anxiety, a necessary feature of the consumer’s way of life."

Pier Paolo Pasolini

“If men as individuals surrender to the call of their elementary instincts, avoiding pain and seeking satisfaction only for their own selves, the result for them all taken together must be a state of insecurity, of fear, and of promiscuous misery.”

Albert Einstein

Been watching a lot of X-files lately. One thing I've noticed is the odd, creepy guys who are often "Monsters of the Week". They always try and blend into society at some point and appear normal, except there is always something off. Most notably, the kind of blank stare/intense gaze, a slight hesitation before speaking, like they had to think it over, and a very level tone, like speech is forced and awkward. Eugene Victor Toomes did it. The death fetish guy did it. And now this black, albino dude is doing it. But the thing is, nobody they interact with seems to notice! If someone like the death fetishist guy were talking to me that way, I wouldn't invite him to make himself at home like one lady did! I'd be like, "I don't know if you've got a butt plug or something else making you uncomfortable right now, but you're freaking my shit out. I want you and your speech impediment outta my house before I die unexplainably. 'kay, thnx." Not that I'm prejudice or anything, but seriously! The guy LEERS constantly and the lady smiles and introduces him to her 15 year old daughter, acting like she wants to make him a part of the family, while the guy practically drools over the jailbait tits right in front of her. I am not fond of the overt stupidity and ignorance displayed by the general public on this show a lot of times and I really wish the guys playing the Monsters of the Week would OVER ACT for once.

ETA: Okay, apparently the African albino dude doesn't speak English and that's why he speaks like that. lol.

I really like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PSdjixBTNE[/youtube]

I've gone back to reading fanfiction. It's where I started with this whole thing before I started roleplaying way back when, I use to read. Mostly yaoi for animes I liked at the time, like Naruto(Akatsuki pairings ftw!) and One Piece and a bit of Law And Order: SVU & CI. But it's hard to find well-written things and interesting enough plots.

This time around, I've added X-Files, Firefly, and Doctor Who to my searches. And I've come to realize, that the plots of many fanfictions, especially those of mature content or containing original characters(read, Mary Sues) are fantasies written down. You know, when you have a fantasy about your favorite show or whatever and you make certain things happen that are a bit silly or irrational when considered logically, but you suspend believe enough to make the fantasy work? A lot of them are like that.

For instance, there was this one Firefly ff I read that was a River and Jayne pairing and they were having an affair and keeping everyone up during sleep cycles with their loud fucking, lol. It was very silly concept and there are some OOC things about it that don't even make sense(a sleep deprived Captain Reynolds collapses in the middle of the kitchen doorway knocked out and sleeping and...the crew just walks around him and leaves him there for a few hours. wtf? lol). But still they're interesting and they work when your own fantasies aren't creative enough.

I like how Fanfiction.net, for a lot of their shows and movies will have a drop down bar in the search to select one character and then another and it makes a pairing! *squee!* :-D

Odds and Ends:

I REALLY hate the Smoking Man. I don't care if he's got this whole other layer where he aspired to write a novel and kept on getting rejected and his story altered. He's a fucking bastard. I hope his character dies, that smug odd-lipped, droopy eyed cunt-licker.

There was another meat-eater on Onision.net today who was making a fuss. She made a thread directly addressing Onision and his discrimination against meat-eaters(you can select "Diet choice" on your profile and there are two options, "Vegetarian" "vegan" and "no answer"). Lately, I've given up and made it my mission to inform new users that the forum isn't a fanbase for Onision, it's the cult of Onision's vegetarians. Many come with the illusion(as I did) that the forum is a place for discussion of both-sides of issues, but apparently it's just a place where Onision encourages and propagates his own opinions and happy thoughts. Anyways, I tried explaining this to the newb and she attacked me for "judging" her and getting in her way. I hope Onision sees her topic though and changes his mind about the way things are run. But even if he doesn't I do not see it affecting much of his fanbase or his subscription count; just look at me, for example.

And finally Fetlife. Joined a bunch of groups and made some new friends, especially in the Crossdressers Spousal support group. I like the site for talking about the variety of topics from the purely sexual to the more intellectual. I've become more political lately, on other forums as well and have made my views known on my Facebook page(I've only got family mostly as friends and all they've seen from me up to this point has been silly nonsense and pictures of my kitty cat). When I expressed my worry about the Balkanization of the United States as my status, my uncle Ken(whom I thought would be the last person to agree with me on anything political) commented that he was worried about it too. That was nice to know.

I came to a realization. It occurred to me that it was pointless to fight with the militant vegetarians on their own turf, especially when they take away our weapons and our ability to even talk about the subject from the meat-eaters point of view. But then they have the mind-numbingly, infuriating militant vegetarians, with extremist views and you cannot help but want to poke them and fight..but you can't. And it really turns you off of the whole thing, their stupid black&white arguments and it makes you feel like giving up and just quitting the site altogether and unsubscribing....

And that's when it hit me. How obnoxious they are, it really IS a big turn-off. Not being able to say anything back when you have common sense DOES make you want to just say "Fuck you!" and leave. Very interesting dynamic. :cool:

Here is a good argument for you....Ask them if they use paper. When they say yes inform them that they are killing other things to suit their needs, including humans. Forests are torn down to make way for the house above their head and the items they use daily. Ask them if they own any gem stones..next inform them that children in third world countries and people in our own have died trying to harvest the very 'Natural' things they wear and use. I use to be a vegetarian but not for the right of animals. We are at the top of the food chain not because we are smarter but because we adapted with qualities (like thumbs) that make us more able to do what we want. Evolution is natural and in that order it would be like telling a shark not to eat other fish.
In conclusion I would also like to add that with this great power comes great responsibility. This means we should not over kill animals as it could upset the natural balance of our world, but this does not mean we are not able to do just as the native Americans once did and use every part we kill and only kill what we need. Our bodies were not made to eat meat as a lions or other carnivorous animals just as our bodies were not made to be covered up by anything the hair on our bodies don't cover(don't worry I am not anti shaving! I am pro shaving actually!). So unless they are walking around naked (or were magically born with clothing?), hairy, and anything else that is not all natural they can shut their hypocritical mouths about what we decide to put in out bodies.

Here is a good argument for you....Ask them if they use paper. When they say yes inform them that they are killing other things to suit their needs, including humans. Forests are torn down to make way for the house above their head and the items they use daily. Ask them if they own any gem stones..next inform them that children in third world countries and people in our own have died trying to harvest the very 'Natural' things they wear and use. I use to be a vegetarian but not for the right of animals. We are at the top of the food chain not because we are smarter but because we adapted with qualities (like thumbs) that make us more able to do what we want. Evolution is natural and in that order it would be like telling a shark not to eat other fish.
In conclusion I would also like to add that with this great power comes great responsibility. This means we should not over kill animals as it could upset the natural balance of our world, but this does not mean we are not able to do just as the native Americans once did and use every part we kill and only kill what we need. Our bodies were not made to eat meat as a lions or other carnivorous animals just as our bodies were not made to be covered up by anything the hair on our bodies don't cover(don't worry I am not anti shaving! I am pro shaving actually!). So unless they are walking around naked (or were magically born with clothing?), hairy, and anything else that is not all natural they can shut their hypocritical mouths about what we decide to put in out bodies.

It's not so much that I hate vegetarians. I have a lot of respect for even those who do it for moral reasons. But just because they love animals does not make me a murderer or a cannibal because I like to eat them occasionally. And so I do argue their points that it's hypocritical to be on their high horse when there is very little they could do in this day and age and NOT be a threat to wild-life. It's our natural order as human beings that we have the higher understanding to use tools and that includes using animals and the world they live in. And I do agree, the conditions shown to be present in a lot of slaughterhouses is cruel, and I do not encourage the savagery. But if I were to go vegetarian, that's just 1 vote against something that the majority of people are 1. either okay with or 2. don't care either way. If I really wanted to change the conditions and save the animals I'd petition for better pay for slaughterhouse workers, or better regulations on the working conditions. I wouldn't go around telling all my meat eater friends that they're just as bad as child-molesters and murderers and they're all going to hell. Because 1. that wouldn't do shit, even if I got them to change it would not be a dent in the meat industry with the rate of vegetarian conversions to those who are born into meat-eating families every day and 2. it would be counterproductive and make me look like an arrogant asshole and I probably wouldn't have any more friends except other arrogant assholes.

If the philosophy is sound they will find many others to join the fight. But if they have to scream and throw around character assassinations to make a point, then they will find nothing but enemies.

IVegetarians often get like that with me. I broke no stupidity though and will confront them on their extremist, moronic means to what could have been a good cause. I do laugh however, and I see this too often, when the Vegetarian lecturing me about animal cruelty in meat consumption is decked out in leather and hides. As my mother once said "I'm just eating the left overs from your coat."

Re: Ivy's Garden of Wondering Thoughts: The adventures of Po

I had to include some pictures of my kitty.

She thinks the marker is a toy.

100_0861.jpg
100_0860.jpg

She got stuck in the couch cushion and needed help getting out.

100_1005.jpg
100_1002.jpg

Such a lazy pussy.

100_0873.jpg
100_0970.jpg

Momma's teasing her. *bop!bop!bop!*

100_1037.jpg
100_1039.jpg

Om nom!

100_1031.jpg
100_1033.jpg

Re: Ivy's Garden of Wandering Thoughts: Pretty Posie

No prob...I feel the same way about my little kitten. I need to take more pics of her... >.<

That video you had of her was absolutely adorable! If you took more pictures, I'd love to see them. Kitties are precious. :-D

Thanks I was so in the zone that day. lolz. Anyhow sure, you'll be the first to know when I upload them. ^_^ And I agree, kitties are very special.

Re: Ivy's Garden of Wandering Thoughts: Paying Prices-AIM

This is my AIM friends list. lol. The price you pay for putting your AIM address where everyone can see it on sex/porn sites is you get random people messaging you for sexy tiem. Especially when you have a username like "Pretty Posie".

Key:
**All names have been edited and given nicknames so I can identify them and remember who I'm talking to. It...doesn't always work. **

asl? = someone I never heard of messaged me out of the blue and asked me this question.

intrusive questions = I do not like strangers to start interrogating me, especially not when the questions are sexual in nature and we haven't even been introduced.

who the hell/fuck are you? = often times if I've never heard of the person's username I will not continue conversations with them.

pedophile = I've reported two pedophiles who solicited me for underaged roleplays. One was REALLY bizarre because he had a foot fetish about dominant women kicking toddler/infant baby boys in the face before raping them. *shivers*

poop = a guy started cybering with me and I was willing until his anal turned into "And he pulled it out with a little poop on it" I told him I didn't want to do that AT ALL and was not comfortable with scat play in any degree. And he said "It was only a little bit"

pressure = sometimes even guys I get to know after a while will turn sour afterwards and start pressuring me to do things. I'm a married woman and I enjoy sexual attention occasionally because it's safe and they're just words. But I do not cam, and I do not do things in real-life that I wouldn't normally do, like undress in the middle of my living room with the window curtains open to the street outside. Thanks but no thanks. Not my game.

weird/creepy/coincidence = some Chinese person randomly PMing me out of the blue saying they wanted to meet foreigners. I asked them where they got my AIM address from and listed the sites where I've posted it and they said "coincidence". I told them "I don't believe in coincidences."

AIM.png

It's been colorful to say the least.

ETA: Added "wish had someone to masturbate with" = not that he was asking, of course, just "wishing". :roll: Don't give me that extra long sigh and expect me to go in and jerk you off, please. It's annoying.

You're welcome. =) Glad I could make ya smile.

Alright, I've finally decided to stop watching him and stop going to his site. It's become such a consistent thing to yell and berate his viewers, that I want to argue and fight but his fans talk you in circles and blindly follow him and whatever he says. So, I get angry and frustrated and I do not like feeling that way. I've tried just watching and being silent and just reading comments, but the ignorance and hypocrisy is really annoying and it still makes me feel bad. And his latest video he did his thing where he kills off his character, shooting himself in the head and he convulses in death throes on the floor with salsa dripping over his head. It's something he does often and it's kinda gross and stupid, but whatever. This time, the whole video had to do with the characters frustration in not being able to make video because he'd get flagged(he's been getting flagged lately and he feels it's unjust, but it's really not). And at the end after his signature, he shows the camera(out of character) that it wasn't really his brains but salsa and he began to exaggeratedly make fun of the camera because you cannot flag him because it's just gross not real gore and he proceeded to eat the salsa from the floor making retard noises at the camera with his mouth hanging open with salsa and beans on his tongue.

I found it very obnoxious and disgusting. When I first started watching his videos, I watched the funny channel and he was quirky and funny and silly. Then I started watching his vlog channel as well and became aware of the issues and ideals he presents. Again, it was good at first until I moved progressively closer to the extremist videos and I started trying to disagree with him. Now it just seems like his funny videos are getting more outrageous and perverted and sexual(he had a video about nudists and this new girl came to the nudist house and this guy got an erection from looking at her when she stated in the beginning that she was a "late bloomer"; then one of his more recent ones, he was having an insult contest with friends and his sister said she liked to rape children and fetuses--this was the video that he complained it got flagged), just all of these things where I'm growing more and more disgusted and the issues of his vlog where he debates with "stupid people" starts to bleed over into the funny channel making everything angry and pathetic.

Recently, in the comments of his latest videos several different people brought up a few points that kind of finalized my decision to stop watching him. 1. someone said that the video that was supposedly flagged that he was getting all upset about hadn't really been flagged and that he was creating drama. I checked and the video is still up. It hasn't been removed. Considering that his stance is so outrageous and crazy, I tend to believe that it is him just stirring things up and I feel that is wrong and trollish behavior. I do not feel entertained neither when I believed he was really upset nor when I learned it was just a game. I find it pathetic and stupid and boring. Because when it was "real" in my head, he was freaking out about something that wasn't that big of a deal and the more he freaks out the more people are going to flag him to get a response and also he was wrong. It wasn't unnecessary flagging, especially when his fanbase has always consisted of 12-20 year olds and mostly of the younger group. Because they were always kind of G and potty humor.

2. In another recent video a commenter said that he was saying things in such an aggressive and angry manner to help boost views and to get comments. I don't know if I believe this or not, but if it's true then it goes against everything he stands for to manipulate his fanbase in such a way. Someone asked him if he believed in destiny and he went off on the guy talking about the Holocaust and how if you believe that their destiny was genocide then you're a sick and disgusting person. The question was simply "Do you believe in destiny?" and he brings in all of this other emotionally charged bullshit, freaking out over a bad perception of how it was asked.

Anyways, he's a very angry person, hateful and bitter and arrogant and immature, and it just makes me feel hateful and bitter to watch him and go to his site. So, I'm done with it and unsubscribed. Goodbye Onision.

Back
Top Bottom